Community > Posts By > northshore11

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 02:40 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Thu 07/30/09 02:58 PM
I agree with F&L, you gave up way too easily. These girls didn't say no, they were hesitant, there's a difference. If you persist, after they say no, that's stalkerish but before? No. You don't know them well at all, there could have been very good reasons they couldn't commit to anything right at that moment.

In my experience, being hesistant can be a sign of disinterest or lukewarm interest at best. If I was interested, but unavailable at the current moment. I would tell a man that I'm busy right now and I would also tell him when I would be available.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 12:06 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Thu 07/30/09 12:08 PM
There could many different possible reasons why this happens.

1. Not serious about meeting people / Looking for an ego boost
2. Get cold feet about meeting someone
3. Lost interest in you / meet someone they liked better and weren't upfront about it.
4. They are married or have a significant other

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 11:54 AM
The power went out in my area twice. Both times it only lasted a few minutes.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 08:40 AM
Edited by northshore11 on Thu 07/30/09 09:09 AM
And does it need to be said that guys who hang out in bars probably aren't the exclusive or marrying type.

I think this is a false stereotype. Many men ( just like women ) that are married or are in relationships go to bars to hang out with friends, watch a sporting event, listen to music etc. But not to cheat on their spouse / significant other.

Reason #427 why I don't drink, don't go to bars, and will not date a drinker....

Date who you want. But not all people who drink or go to bars are immature, obnoxious, an alcohlic, or act like the people in this story.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 08:20 AM
1. Jealousy OR
2. Realizes that it may be now or never for her to express her feelings

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 08:17 AM

Thank you everyone. A little update, I did talk to him last night. He asked me where I had been, told him just busy being a mommy. Sorry. He told me no worries.:thumbsup:

We made a date for this Saturday. I'm really nervous and I hope I dont bail at the last second. He is too hot for my own good.

I hope the date goes well for you. Even if it doesn't, I think it's better to take a chance than wonder what may have happened.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 08:14 AM
I don't take any advice from any dating "experts".

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 07:33 PM
I don't think freckles automatically make a man any more or less attractive.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 02:49 PM

i can tell you that open relationships dont work
i had one with my ex hubby, wayyyyyy before we even got married and there was wayy to many problems

Open relationships aren't for everybody. But it can work for some people. I know a couple that are swingers and have been married for 10 yrs.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 01:17 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 01:18 PM
5 yr age difference isn't a problem for me. I generally prefer men who are within 5-7 yrs of my age.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 01:16 PM
Doesn't matter who makes the first phone call.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 01:11 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 01:13 PM
I did have a long distance FWB relationship before. But I wouldn't have a serious LTR with someone that I wouldn't be able to see that often. I'm not interested in relocating either.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 01:01 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 01:04 PM
He should to be able to play. Players ( such as Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth ) who killed people while driving drunk got less jail time.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 12:49 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 12:54 PM

It's psychological, I can actually speak for most people because most people are attracted to confidence. I can't imagine most people going "oh, I just absolutely love the fact that he thinks he is ugly and not worth anything to anyone"...doesn't really make a lot of sense, does it? Whereas saying most people are attracted to physical traits cannot be spoken for...you don't know that, I don't know it...but I do know no one will be attracted to the person that doesn't think they are worth anything to anyone.

I guess we will agree to disagree. I can't imagine many people thinking "I'm going to date someone that I think is physically repulsive or gross". That doesn't mean looks are the only thing or the most important thing that they care about. I still think people can be interested in BOTH looks and confidence. It doesn't have to be just one or the other.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 10:47 AM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 10:50 AM
Depends on who said it and how bad the rumors / alleged charges are.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 10:41 AM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 10:41 AM

Hey ladies....

One thing that I have seen around here that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread...

Who among you NAVE emailed back a " Sorry, not interested " or a " Sorry, you aren't my type " and then immediately receive another email from that person that is full of insults, bad language, or something along those lines?

I have seen a few women here say that if they are not interested, they won't respond because of the times they have gotten things like that.

Can't say I blame them.

That happened to me sometimes when I had used a different dating site. After a while I would politely say "I'm not interested". Then block them to prevent any potential "why not" messages or rude insults.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:35 AM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 10:03 AM

This simply comes down to physical attraction. Many people ( including myself ) simply aren't attracted to fat people. Just like other people may not be attracted to bald men, short men, tall women, women with short hair, thin women etc.

Yea...but looks fade, confidence however does not. I'm thinking it is more confidence then appearance. For every 1 million people that don't like this or that, there is another 1 million that does or simply doesn't care. For a few I'm sure it is preference as you said, but for the most part no one wants to date the "I'm nobody" person.

Of course they don't seem to be bothered by the "haha, told you so" cynic.

I think it's a combination of both. Most people care about looks to some degree. I think very few people would date someone that they think is completely unattractive. Maybe unless that person is rich or famous. But that's another subject.

For every one million that don't like something, there is another million that like it...the world is too diverse and populated to be able to say 'most people'. Unless you know 3 billion people, do not speak for "most".

How is what I stated about looks any different than you stated about confidence. You stated most people don't want to date someone lacking self-confidence. Which I agree with. But I also think most people wouldn't date someone that they aren't at least somewhat attracted to as well.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:31 AM
If both people are happy with the circumstances of the relationship, then it shouldn't matter what other people think.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:26 AM
Edited by northshore11 on Wed 07/29/09 09:28 AM
It doesn't matter to me if I get a "no thanks" response or no response to an initial email. However if I had some email / phone conversations or went out on a few dates, then I think it would be polite for the other person to tell me that he is no longer interested. Since there was initial interest.

no photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:23 AM
If it bothers you that much, then put an age restriction on who can email you. I think there are a combination of reasons why some younger men contact older women. Some are looking for sex or a mommy figure. Some men will contact any woman that is moderately attractive. Others are sincerely interested in older women.