WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 10/01/07 04:37 AM
Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY, canoegirl! And welcome to JSH! How sweet of you to drop in!!! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 10/01/07 03:43 AM
I'll have a funnel cake with powdered sugar and some Krispy Kremes, please.........

OK, so I have a sugar thing going on this morning yawn

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 10/01/07 03:40 AM
Who here is an October baby? Let's light the candles and bring out the ice cream! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 10/01/07 03:34 AM
Subject too deep for my shallow waters, bro noway

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 10/01/07 03:27 AM
Dear Diary: It's Monday....again. I guess I should be thankful for the thunderstorm last night, and the fact that it didn't blow up my computer so I could make this entry. OK...can you say run-on sentence ???

WhispersandWinks's photo
Mon 10/01/07 03:24 AM
I'll have the cream with a little coffee added. laugh Gotta love the flavored creamers~~~~~~~~~~~~

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 09/30/07 08:17 PM
For whatever reason, you have been equiped with ONE super power of your choosing. What would it be?

I would like to be able to become invisible...think of the possibilities....:wink:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 09/30/07 08:09 PM
**just awakening after fainting at the sound of Tom saying my name with his English accent**

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 09/30/07 07:43 PM
Hi, Guys and Gals............

Nice blades, there, Tom :wink:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 09/30/07 02:04 PM
Snuggles: I made these for Christmas gifts one year and got rave reviews. I think everyone appreciates homemade gifts.

I would also suggest putting bean soup ingredients as well as your favorite cookie/bar ingredients along with the recipe in a jar. By doing this, it allows the recipient to make the treat at his/her convenience. Happy Cooking :-)

Glazed And Salted Pecans

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 quart pecan halves
Salt
2 or 3 generous Tablespoons light corn syrup

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat the oil and syrup in a heavy iron skillet, stirring to combine as well as possible. Add the pecan halves and stir to coat. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until nuts are crisp, for a total of about 1 hour. Turn nuts out onto waxed paper, separate them and sprinkle generously with salt. Store in a tightly closed container.

Fancy Toasted Pecans

Beat white of 1 egg until stiff; add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 cup brown sugar; beat well. Add 2 cups pecan halves. Stir until well coated. Place each half separately on greased cookie sheet. (Put small pieces in cluster.) Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. Bake until light brown (approx. 25-30 minutes).

Instant Spiced Tea

2 1/4 cup sugar
2 cups Tang (or like powdered drink)
3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons instant tea
1 teaspoon powdered cloves
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 package Wyler’s lemonade mix

Mix all ingredients together. Use 2-3 teaspoon per cup of hot water for spiced tea.
Fill gift jars and decorate with ribbon; don’t forget to include directions preparation.

Hot Fudge Sauce
Ingredients
3 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
½ cup butter or margarine
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
Preparation
Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally; add milk alternately with sugar, stirring well after each addition. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ice cream. Store in refrigerator.
Yield
3 cups
Southern Living, NOVEMBER 1997

Teresa :heart: flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 09/30/07 01:16 PM
:cry: You will be missed!:cry: brokenheart

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sat 09/29/07 10:03 AM
I got a (what I considered to be) hateful email from a guy who told me I needed professional intervention if I was looking for some guy 20 years old! I had NO idea what he was talking about until he responded to my reply stating that my profile said that. I pointed out to him that it says, Gender: Any, too. I put it that way, because in the past ppl have let me know that they wanted to email me, but because of my settings, they couldn't. It is a bit misleading, but as far as I know, that's the only way you won't block/prevent ppl from contacting you via email. I'm here to make friends, any age, any sex...I am NOT, and repeat...NOT looking for a 20-year old partner!!! Ewwwww....that's just SICK...I have children much older than that!noway

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sat 09/29/07 09:52 AM
Don't know what idiot deleted your topic, but whatever...thank you for bouncing back and "threading" again!

Welcome! flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sat 09/29/07 05:49 AM
Welcome, JettRyder! flowerforyou

Your cynicism won't be the only cynicism noted in the threads, trust me on this one! laugh

Sorry to hear about your seperation, but while you are healing, you are doing the right thing by hanging around this joint. Just roll with the punches and be yourself.

Teresa

WhispersandWinks's photo
Fri 09/28/07 06:45 PM
My needing a fan MAY be an issue...Tom likes it quiet and I've got to have "background" noise. Hmmmm...... He squeezes the toothpaste in the right way, though.....laugh

WhispersandWinks's photo
Fri 09/28/07 03:20 AM
Night, all~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~yawn

WhispersandWinks's photo
Fri 09/28/07 03:13 AM
Thanks, sweetums.........

I'll take 'em all three and then I wonder if I should crawl between the sheets for a while............

WhispersandWinks's photo
Fri 09/28/07 03:11 AM
I'm wondering if there are a couple of good-ole-boys who'd buy a girl a drink~~~~~~~~

WhispersandWinks's photo
Fri 09/28/07 02:26 AM
I wonder if you had the whisperer if you could handle her....

Oh, that's in another thread, isn't it? :wink: laugh

WhispersandWinks's photo
Fri 09/28/07 02:16 AM
Oh, don't you worry~~~~~~~~I've got specific plans for it! :wink: :tongue: noway
I'm wondering why you're such a QTPie and not taken....