WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 12/30/07 05:39 AM
what I'm still doing on this site since Tom and I got married. It has been brought to my attention that this is a "dating" site.

Can't I stick around even though I am married? I mean after all, I've met so many people I consider my friends here.

I can take it.........should I deactivate?

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 12/30/07 05:36 AM
Met him here...married him! No pity party here!!!

WooooooooooHooooooooooooo!:tongue: flowerforyou :heart: bigsmile smooched

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 12/30/07 05:32 AM
Most likely I'd smile and say, "hi," but that's probably it unless you kick-started a conversation. flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Sun 12/30/07 05:29 AM
And a bright and cheerful 'mornin' to everyone from Arkansas!!! Lord, it's good to be me today!!! :tongue: :wink:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 04:30 PM
Hey, Not2Shy............

I've got the same illness........sorry to tell you in this venue, but................

IT ONLY GETS WORSE!!! noway

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 10:46 AM
To be quite honest, I wasn't hunting solo, or in a pack. Sorry you feel like prey.

To show you I mean no harm: here's a toast to those men and women who killed your last meal for you, and to those who will kill your next one for you!

(That only makes you an accompliss, not the REAL bad guy...)

drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 10:27 AM
Sorry, I am just now getting back to this interesting debate...I do have a life outside this computer, you know, cooking veggies, baking cakes, running a family, and planting rose gardens and all, BUT, so glad Jen's back.

If you will glance back to the ORIGINAL post...it was all about spending time with my dad, and the topic name was just that...a topic name/eye catcher...and it served its purpose. noway

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 07:04 AM
I respect the right everyone has to voice his/her opinion as well. What I do not understand is not sticking around to hear the response or opinions of others, ESPECIALLY when a question is posed. A simple acknowledgement would suffice. But hey..........as was previously mentioned........it takes all kinds........

I can dig it.......

(do they still say that?!) laugh laugh

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:50 AM
DANG IT! Sorry, didn't know that normalacy was a prerequisit to membership on this site................

guess I'll be forced to deactivate......... sad

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:44 AM
Where'd you go, Jenny? I know you didn't "shoot" your opinion off and run, did you? Chime in....have we given you an answer to your question???

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:37 AM
:smile: Thanks, Sis flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:33 AM
First and foremost...for the food! Both families live on a limited income, and the meat is not wasted. This year, too, the Game and Fish Commission is urging hunters to kill their limit as the deer population is so high. There are so many deer that there is no doubt they will starve during the winter season. All that said....

I do not feel bad that I attempted to #1 put food on the table #2 Prevent the starvation of an animal and #3 Share a father-daughter experience with my 80 year old father who is in ill health.

I am not the spokesperson for all hunters, believe me, but I am confident that the majority of hunters do so for many of the same reasons. I feel I can confidently say that it is not the desire of any hunter to wound/injure, and in fact look unkindly upon doing so.

WhispersandWinks's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:13 AM
I went hunting yesterday with my dad. Saw a huge deer with (who had time to count them!) a lot of points---WAY legal according to regulations. Anyway, I shot and then tried to calm Daddy down. He was shaking worse than I was!

Anyway..............when I went down to the spot where he was shot....you guessed it....he wasn't there. So, we figured he was a reindeer and flew off, because the only other explanation would be that I missed. Not possible! LOL

Made some memories with my Daddy, though! Those will last until the end of time......... :heart:

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 12/25/07 05:08 AM
OK, I'm technically challenged, so I will just say this since I cannot quote the ones I want to hug the most.

To the one who started this thread: Welcome to JSH. Please stay with us throughout the day. We're always open, and you are welcome to chime in on any topic and begin as many.

To the soldier in Iraq: WE LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU, SON! *I can say "son," because I'm old! LOL Merry Christmas!

To the person alone because of divorce: Hey, it helps to look back and actually try to remember the reasons we got divorced in the first place. Sometimes following a divorce, even a nasty one, we tend to remember only the heart-warming, fuzzy-feeling moments. That's not how it really was. We romanticize our real relationship because we are lonely. Take this time to take care of YOU. Healthy and happy mean a better you for when you do find that special someone.

Everyone else lonely? Here: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((All of YOU!))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 12/25/07 04:54 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh @ thunderbear~

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 12/25/07 04:53 AM
((((((((((((((sugarjen))))))))))))))))))))))

Been there..............it stinks. Remember...this, too, shall pass. It is only a season. Take this opportunity to love yourself. If you take care of yourself, you will be around to give to them when they need.

I heard lately, this saying: We are not here to merely weather the storm, rather to learn to dance in the rain.

I have to remind myself of that often.

You are loved...................flowerforyou

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 12/25/07 04:27 AM
Merry Christmas, Sexyklp4U~ flowerforyou bigsmile

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 12/25/07 04:15 AM
Hey, I'm not touchin' that one, wild! LOL

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 12/25/07 04:11 AM
You guys gave me the greatest gift I could ask for...Tom!!! One million "thank you's" to you all!

Merry Christmas!

WhispersandWinks's photo
Tue 12/25/07 04:08 AM
awwwwwww, Katers.............

technically, though...........he DOES have all day! LOL

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25