Roxy Music - Virginia Plain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2c2nvdQewM

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 06/19/09 07:20 PM
Hold on I can't say ****?

DrBogenbroom's photo
Fri 06/19/09 07:18 PM
Edited by DrBogenbroom on Fri 06/19/09 07:19 PM
When you say 'play' the guitar, is there any expectation of skill? I've been putting in a couple hours a day for a few weeks. I still ****, but not quite as much as when I started. lol

DrBogenbroom's photo
Thu 06/18/09 07:07 PM
no thanks.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 06/17/09 07:33 PM
Jethro Tull - Just Trying To Be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMq2lAloMIE

---------and now--------------

The Moody Blues - Voices In The Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPEMZteFjWc

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 06/17/09 07:06 PM
Dwight Yoakam - Little Ways

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 06/17/09 07:00 PM
jeebus. Good topic.

Everything from The Moody Blues to The Darkness. Both as far as age and style. I dig everything in between. Erm, I think The Darkness is a bit of an anomally on the present trends. I suppose I don't "get" the music of my generation.

FWIW, here's the next three rock bands on my iPod:
Queen, Alice Cooper, Led Zeppelin. Long Away, Eighteen, and Ten Years Gone are the next songs to play.

To Mighty Mouse:

Led Zep is hugely important as far as the history of rock, but other bands have done some pretty cool things that Zep could not have gotten away with.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 06/16/09 02:35 PM

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you' re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have YOU... The one who turns to his friends and says, thats her...

its funny that so many people thinks that this is what they want, untill of course they realize thats the guy that has always been there waiting for her to see him, he is the one on whos shoulder you cry when the last boy left you high and dry! I hate when people say this stuff, cuz they forget that what they want is usualy right in front of there eyes but the vail of their all important social standerds are more important then what their hart says, or wants!!!

So true.

...but mention this to her and all bets are off. laugh

I was once told that I was too good of a friend to date. I was the one who would get that late night phone call every few weeks about the latest guy to break her heart. The best I could do while remaining humble was to tell her "maybe you're doing it wrong". I don't know what it is about girls who make the same mistakes over and over agian.grumble

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 06/16/09 08:06 AM
Why do you feel that you need to forget? I think about people I used to know all the time. Memories, good or bad, do serve a purpose.

When the time is right to look for someone new, you will know. Either that or someone new will come along beofre you know it. I'm still waiting for mine. lol

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 06/16/09 07:01 AM

the only way to relax after a long day doing whatever it is that people do.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 06/16/09 06:42 AM
I joined for the dating (met one person). I'll stay for the forums even though I read much more than I post.

I do check every so often for new faces in my area, but I'm not going too far out of my way to force a meet.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 06/15/09 04:09 PM
lol. I see he same thing. Couples everywhere.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 06/15/09 01:40 PM

Ya know, the last time I had a something important to say to a girl, I requested that I might be a able to put it in writing. I explained that if I were to attempt to say it right on the spot that I would end up saying something that I would regret.

Well, she told me to just say it. So I gave it my best shot. I intended to say that being 'just friends' was not comfortable to me given the feelings I had for her. I intended to have an intelligent conversation on the matter. I wanted her to be as open with me as I had been with her. Butttt... Given my habit for shooting from the hip with my words, I must have said something very wrong. Actually, I know what I said, and would rather not repeat it here. scared It's been two months since that conversation. That was the last time we spoke. Bahhh, I can almost make it until noon without thinking of her.

So, sometimes you need to know when to give someone time to compose their thoughts.

I'm sorry - hope things work out

Thanks. flowerforyou

At this point, it's only my social quirks (problems?) that keep me from truely moving on.
The more I think about it, the more I find that men are easier to be friends with. If only I found them attractive...scared

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 06/15/09 12:51 PM
Ya know, the last time I had a something important to say to a girl, I requested that I might be a able to put it in writing. I explained that if I were to attempt to say it right on the spot that I would end up saying something that I would regret.

Well, she told me to just say it. So I gave it my best shot. I intended to say that being 'just friends' was not comfortable to me given the feelings I had for her. I intended to have an intelligent conversation on the matter. I wanted her to be as open with me as I had been with her. Butttt... Given my habit for shooting from the hip with my words, I must have said something very wrong. Actually, I know what I said, and would rather not repeat it here. scared It's been two months since that conversation. That was the last time we spoke. Bahhh, I can almost make it until noon without thinking of her.

So, sometimes you need to know when to give someone time to compose their thoughts.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 06/14/09 08:32 PM
<beavis> FIRE!!!! FIRE!!! HEH HEH FIRE!!!</beavis>

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 06/14/09 07:01 PM
Well I love Harleys and coe from a Harley family, but I also want a bike for drag racing at the local strip. Harleys arent really made for that.

For me, the best part of going to the track was making something go faster than it would have when it came off the assembly line. Anyone can buy a jap bike and run fast.

I've been looking at picking up a bike for a while now. Two things are keeping me from crotch rockets. First would be my back problems. Second, I'm a couple inches too short to be comfortable.

For those reasons, I've got my eye on an HD Iron 883, or maybe a Triumph Speedmaster.

Harley does make a sportster that would run well at the track. It would also handle a road course track day pretty well.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 06/14/09 06:30 PM
date number 2... Thank you mutual match!!

Second on the list would be the incense that I ordered last night.

Third. Food. I'm hungry and don't feel like cooking, going to the store, or going to a restaurant. I'll wait for tomorrow, or a miracle. Whichever comes first.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 06/14/09 02:21 PM

tomato sauce

d'oh! too late

uncooked broccoli

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 06/14/09 02:20 PM
tomato sauce

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 06/14/09 10:43 AM
thanks!

you're awesome! :thumbsup: