http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjXrG1FKRho

Wind Up

When I was young and they packed me off to school
And taught me how not to play the game,
I didnt mind if they groomed me for success,
Or if they said that I was a fool.
So I left there in the morning
With their God tucked underneath my arm --
Their half-assed smiles and the book of rules.
So I asked this God a question
And by way of firm reply,
He said -- Im not the kind you have to wind up on sundays.
So to my old headmaster (and to anyone who cares):
Before Im through Id like to say my prayers --
I dont believe you:
You had the whole damn thing all wrong --
Hes not the kind you have to wind up on sundays.
Well you can excomunicate me on my way to sunday school
And have all the bishops harmonize these lines --
How do you dare tell me that Im my fathers son
When that was just an accident of birth.
Id rather look around me -- compose a better song
`cos thats the honest measure of my worth.
In your pomp and all your glory youre a poorer man than me,
As you lick the boots of death born out of fear.
I dont believe you:
You had the whole damn thing all wrong --
Hes not the kind you have to wind up on sundays.

The Aqualung album is disc for in my truck's CD changer. I think I remember singing that one at work today.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 09/01/09 07:49 PM
Really don't mind if you sit this one out
my word is but a whisper, your deafness a SHOUT
I may make you feel but I can't make you think
your sperm's in the gutter, your love's in the sink

Haha. I took my username from a Tull song.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 09/01/09 07:40 PM
I know Jethro Tull! I met him once. Right decent chap. drinker

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 09/01/09 07:38 PM
Interesting. I've had a few things happen recently that should have made me cry. I get close, but I don't actually make it to tears. That's without trying to hold back or anything. I, too, was brought up in a family where men didn't cry. Then again, there are a few songs that do that to me when I sing them. Just too much emotion. It kinda feels wrong to not be able to cry. Oh well. Maybe someday.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 09/01/09 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKtZwWLMp8

DEVO Rocks!!!!! shades

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 08/25/09 06:12 PM
I'm so evil... I'd return a video tape without rewinding it.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 08/23/09 05:10 PM

JERRY!! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

I want tickets to that taping. lol!

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 08/23/09 04:46 PM
I count 5 people in this story. I think you need to figure out who's cheating on who.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 08/23/09 11:11 AM

Date? What the heck is that? ohwell

It's like a shriveled up prune, but that's not important right now....

No dang wonder I ain't been on one lately, I hate prunes!ill :laughing:

You could be on a date right now. Check the bottoms of your shoes.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 08/19/09 02:48 PM

Took her to Philly for a day of sightseeing on a nice spring day. We did the usual stuff. Shopping, historical stuff, a few museums. The highlight for me was lunch in a really nice restaurant in chinatown. Very authentic place. We both had to ask for forks. lol. It was a very fun day. Second best date ever. The sour note didn't hit me until three days later. I've now crossed off girls named Michelle (also Michele) from my list.

You asked for forks at a Chinese food restaurant?!

Yes, and I'm just glad they had them for us to use. As foolish as we must have looked, it would have been worse if we had tried to use the chopsticks.

A couple of years ago my mom, grandma, and myself went to Vegas, we ate at this very nice chinese restaurant, and I think I was the only one in the place that couldn't use them. I made myself learn, I'm an expert now, I just can't not have chop sticks anymore, I love them. I have even mastered the shoveling of rice with them! If you were gonna see her again, it would be fun to learn together and laugh at each other, but obviously you've crossed her off the list, so thats sort of hard, but maybe the next chicky that comes along would enjoy learning with you!

Maybe. I'm not completely anti-chopstick. That would be good for a 'let me show you my Kung Pao Chicken recipe' kind of date.

I'm not exactly interested in seeing her again. haha. The last thing I said was that I hoped she has a good time with her magic boyfriend (he appeared out of thin air), and that I didn't think she'd hear from me again. Perhaps not an exact quote, but that's the short of it.

Oh, the 'next' girl doesn't like Chinese food. I know, it sounds weird to me too.

Pro-tip: At Four Rivers in Philly, the House Special Chicken is an entire chicken. Delicious, but way too much food for one person (especially after the cold duck break appetizer).

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 08/19/09 02:38 PM

Took her to Philly for a day of sightseeing on a nice spring day. We did the usual stuff. Shopping, historical stuff, a few museums. The highlight for me was lunch in a really nice restaurant in chinatown. Very authentic place. We both had to ask for forks. lol. It was a very fun day. Second best date ever. The sour note didn't hit me until three days later. I've now crossed off girls named Michelle (also Michele) from my list.

Yes, and I'm just glad they had them for us to use. As foolish as we must have looked, it would have been worse if we had tried to use the chopsticks.

I went to a Chinese place last week and we specifically asked for chopsticks. :smile:

Then you're better than me. Do the sticks make the food taste better, or were you trying to blend in with the locals?

Now I seriously want to go on a date. It's been a few months. Any date will do.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 08/19/09 02:32 PM
There is no advice that isn't common sense.

Then again, I've never looked for A date. I'm more focused on the second, third, and ninth date.

I guess I would advise the advisee to not look for just one date. Any woman worth dating once, had better be worth the effort of a bit of commitment. You might do it wrong a hundred times before you get it right.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 08/19/09 04:55 AM

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 08/18/09 05:55 PM

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 08/05/09 07:01 PM

I hate when a man wil tell you ,,and you, and you and you,,I love you all in one day! But he doesnt love anyone but his self

The last thing we wanna do is to irritate ourselves. :smile:

If worst comes to worst, you can get a topical cream for that. You don't want a rash.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 08/02/09 10:14 AM

Well, one thing for sure, this site is a perfect example,,, You come in and register, you're here just like me, meeting new people, far from everone, sometimes close, and when you meet someone, and have a good time, laughs, etc. theeennn ... it's time to really meet.. if you live close, or if you take a chance to travel and meet the person, and when u do, or coures your gonna take this person out to dinner, or some coffee, or a movie ... it's considered a "Date" even though we don't use that phrase anymore, like you say Billy ... Wanna go out to MC'D... etc. just by going out, i think that's already a date. Opinions plzzzz smokin

I'd call that a date.

Any time I make special plans to meet the person I'm interested in, I call it a date... minus a few obvious exceptions.

share a lunch break... date
trip to McD... date
walking the dogs in the park... date
picking out plants at the nursery... date
trip to Home Depot for plumbing supplies tofix the sink that her hair plugged up... not a date, but it deserves a date...

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sat 08/01/09 03:22 PM
Don't get involved with the opposite sex... ever.

Don't pull the mask off of old Lone Ranger.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Thu 07/30/09 02:29 PM

would you consider the "Stray Cats" to be rockabilly? Just curious... no pun/malice/sarcasm intended...

yes actually it is. but brian setzer transitioned into big band from rockabilly which is just as good.

but he's got another band now and is back into that bluegrass roots he loved so much.

contrary to popular belief, the stray cats were rockabilly.

the horrorpops however.. are not.

i dont care what anyone says. that band is plain ole pop.

I love Brian Setzer. The big band swing thing he did was really good. I did not know that he was starting a bluegrass band. How cool is that? Do you like Dwight Yoakom?

I haven't really listened to alot of Dwight Yoakom's stuff but for some reason i find myself not liking newer country. the only country i like is the very old very blue grass blues based country.

I really don't like newer country either. Dwight has been around for awhile. His idol is Buck Owens. They are both from Bakersfield. It is country but it definately has a rockabilly edge. The cd guitars and cadillacs is my favorite. There is a radio station here in eastern Ky. that plays the best bluegrass plus other things. http://www.appalshop.org/wmmt/ . You can listen to it on your computer. I think you will like it....smokin

Dwight is one of my favorites. It's just my opinion, but I think he's about the coolest guy out there. lol. Presonality, style, attitude... and talent. OMG, I think I have a man-crush.

It's hard to classify, but rockabilly is a good start.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 07/20/09 05:44 PM
I love the dead - Alice Cooper

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 07/20/09 03:15 PM
Was born and raised there. I went back to visit my parents just this last weekend

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 14 15