Community > Posts By > DrBogenbroom

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 09/16/09 07:30 PM
This thread needs to bump a little bit more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0D1MuXcxg

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/13/09 09:59 PM

I know Jethro Tull! I met him once. Right decent chap. drinker

uh... "Jethro Tull" is the band's name...Ian Anderson is the singer...Max Bond the guitar player...

So you're telling me that he's not both responsible for spurring on the British agricultural revolution as well as performing kick-*** rock music? I guess I'm just not impressed any more. tears

Does anyone know what has become of Gerald Bostock these days? He was the biggest thing going in St. Cleve for the longest time.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/13/09 09:47 PM
ha! Not more than 30. I move through Youtube like a blur (right now: I am a lineman for the countyyyyyyyyyglasses ). Every once in a while, I re-up my subscription to Napster.

I rarely look for CDs online. Though, I do walk through almost every record store I pass. Rarely am I interested in what I see there.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/13/09 09:39 PM
When I first heard this song, I thought, "Dang, that chick has a voice like a siren".

I was young...

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/13/09 09:37 PM
The Actor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VDGwPiyLS8

one of my personal favs.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/13/09 03:26 PM
I take walks around the office and eat snacks.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/13/09 02:56 PM

I'm single and it's been so long for me, even Mrs. Buttersworth was lookin' good this morning.

At lest you're not eying up the Brawny paper towel guy.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/13/09 02:51 PM
Do single people have more sex than married couples?

I sure hope negative sex doesn't exist.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 09/09/09 02:41 PM

It was Kristen Shepard. I saw it on the re-runs.

That's 'who shot JR'...

I think JFK was the basketball player.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 09/08/09 07:35 PM
Edited by DrBogenbroom on Tue 09/08/09 07:37 PM
hmmm. I would consider using one as a counterweight for my trebuchet.

In all honesty. A woman's smile is all I need to brighten the darkest day. Anything extra is just gravy.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Tue 09/08/09 06:59 PM
I lived in West Chester for 23 years before moving out to the midstate. I still visit the parents there every few weeks. Nice town...

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:54 PM

so as I said, it might have been insignificant (for you) but it wasn't.

When I was 20 and I was dating a 19 year old, one day as we were driving and pretty much having fun and talking about all sorts of things, she said something like "would it be weird if we would be married?" and I said "yeah, you're 19 and I'm 20 so no way I would get married until we are at least 25".

Later she became colder and less friendly over weeks and months and one day she just left me. I didn't understand for a very long time, and then it clicked in, when I heard, that she got married a few months later.

The puzzle was solved.

Sir, I think you may have dodged a bullet right there. I get in trouble with my words all the time. It doesn't really matter what you say. If she wants to hear something, she'll hear it.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:48 PM
nope. just one piece, but I'd be happy to share once I'm done.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:33 AM
no way. Why provoke Chuck Norris to roundhouse kick another tree?

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:31 AM
The article says that if you intend to spend your time sending out massive numbers of first contacts, that you should limit your initial messages to 200 characters. Basically, this is the equivalent to going to a bar and using a pick-up line on every single person of the opposite sex.

It also points out that if you see someone you are really attracted to for whatever reason, that you should write as much as you want. More is better in that case.

zombie.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/06/09 10:51 AM

I was under the impression that Absinth was something you couldn't get in the states.
I'm not familiar with it, but I believe I read that is is mildly halucinagenic? And apparently tastes like Licorice.

I admit to a little curiosity about this, now that you have brought it up.

For all that I've drank, not one episode of hallucination. There are a couple reasons for the myth. Much of those stories originate from people who drank bad absinthe. Quite often it would contain poisonous chemicals. The other reason is that it is distilled at a high proof. It's fast-acting ;-)

Yes, the flavour does have similarities to licorice. For what it's worth, I am having trouble finding other people who like it. I suppose that just means that there is more for me.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sun 09/06/09 07:48 AM
I found Lucid to be a bit too sweet for my taste. I prefer Kubler 53, but both a decent experience.

Both of them are served best at a 2:1 mix. Neither one needs any sugar added.

T.A. Breaux, the chemist responsible for creating Lucid, is an acquaintance of mine. Back before he got into creating legal absinthe for the American market he was involved in tuning the same cars that I was driving/racing. He's basically an evil genius working for our own benefit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5aeNxd_z_c

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sat 09/05/09 09:00 PM
mmm. Nerds.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Sat 09/05/09 08:54 PM
yeah. I often wonder if I really want a relationship, friendship, or if I just want to be alone. I see positives and negatives to all three.

DrBogenbroom's photo
Wed 09/02/09 02:02 PM
I thought this was going to be a Freddie Mercury topic. Oh well.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15