Community > Posts By > Diligent

Diligent's photo
Fri 09/25/09 12:14 AM

I'm starting to agree with Aikman that Romo is not a Cowboys caliber quarterback

you cant win a game against the Giants with 3 interceptions

There are 3 kinds of NFL quarterbacks. The first kind have little skill, are always in danger of being cut, and are usually on the team just to fill a position. They come and go with the wind. The second type of NFL quarterbacks are like Dan Marino was. He could amass statistics, records, and wins...but never the wins needed for a CHAMPIONSHIP. The third kind of NFL quarterback is the type who leads his team to victories THAT MATTER. You know the type, Montana, Aikman, Bradshaw, Unitas, etc. I feel that Romo is the second type of quarterback. He does have skill and can win many games. But, in the crucial games that count, he makes poor decisions. His mishandled snap on a chip-shot field goal attempt cost the Cowboys a sure playoff win over the Seahawks in 2006. [It drove Bill Parcells into retirement]. Enough said.

Diligent's photo
Thu 09/24/09 11:20 PM
Give the kid a break. I don't think he ever got over the awkward high school years. And as for grammar, vocabulary, and fashion, I would not include the vast majority of Mingle2 patrons at the high ends of the spectrum.

There is someone for everyone. Further, I would advise him not to take "internet dating" too seriously. You never know who you are actually dealing with on these sites and con artists and scammers flourish here. My advice would be to get a cute dog, like a golden retriever or a labrador retriever. Chicks dig cute dogs and they would likely approach him at a park [or at least his dog]. That would be a good cue to start a conversation with them.

Diligent's photo
Thu 09/24/09 11:03 AM

American football a mans sport is that why they wear helmets and protection, Rugby is a mans sport no helmets or protection

American football athletes are so large, powerful, and fast that they have to wear some type of protective gear. You have got 245 pound fullbacks and even larger linebackers and linemen with sprinters' speed. Even then, they still incur injury. Without protecive gear, I do not think they would have enough players left to finish a game.

Diligent's photo
Thu 09/24/09 12:07 AM
I don't know if it is just me, the American psyche, or the boring and effiminate nature of soccer. But, I do know this: I would rather have my Wisdom teeth pulled out by a witch doctor with rusty pliers than watch a male soccer game. In a woman's game, at least some of the players are cute. In the first case, no one wants to sit through 90 minutes of wasted effort and scoreless contests. In the second place, no one wants to see "a grown man cry" because he scraped his knee on the grass!? American football is played by real men who endure intolerable pain, agony, and in some cases, disabling injuries. I only have to flash back to a Cowboys/Giants game in late 92 or 93 where Emmit Smith separated and or broke his shoulder blade in the first half. He stayed in the game, with his left arm dangling and useless. But, he led the Cowboys to a victory that won a playoff spot. To me, that embodies the spirit of American football. Toughness, grit, and self-sacrifice are the norms. It is nothing like global soccer, where preening and overpaid peacocks find every reason to avoid effort, pain, and exertion.

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/23/09 11:32 PM

I JUST WANT TO ALERT EVERYBODY ABOUT THESE CON ARTISTS WHO USES DATING SITES TO TAKE ADVANCE ON WOMEN THOSE IS VULNERABLE AND HOPING TO FIND THEIR PERFECT MATCH. THANK GOD I WOKE UP JUST IN TIME.

Well, that works both ways. I have had "women" who claimed many things. But, when the truth finally came out, they were different people living on another continent! Of course, the subject of a family crisis arose......and they needed money, etc. One way to spot a con artist is if the feedback you get from them in their messages has no relation to their stated profile, [their profile says they live in Arizona, but they actually live in Russia!]. Here is a clue that often reveals that the person has at least the same factual background as their profile. Generally, only "real people" talk about their children and families in their profile. Con artists do not speak of divorces and children. They do not because it detracts from their marketable appeal. What it comes down to is this: If someone seems to good to be true and they come on hard and heavy....RUN THE OTHER WAY!

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:27 PM
I have met many interesting women on this site. The only problem is that most of them live in ANOTHER STATE. I would be more than happy to travel a good distance to meet quality women. But, several thousand miles is a bit too far. I am looking for mature women in or around the San Antonio area [within 100 miles]. My name is Andy and I am not too hard to find.

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/23/09 01:56 PM
Probably the only things your profile would need are close-up photos of your face--without sunglasses or head adornment. As a man, I am often captivated by a beautiful set of eyes or flowing hair. Those are hard to see with head gear or sunglasses on.

"the Great Mephisto"

Diligent's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:15 PM
MelodyGirl:

Mingle2 is not about a literary dissertation. There are no "points deducted" for abbreviations, slang, or street lingo. I seem to remember that the mantra on your Mingle2 profile is "Guys with tattoos are hot!!". That expression does not seem to convey intelligence, if that was your desire.

The stumbling block that she may be encountering stems from what I perceive as "warning signs" to potential suitors. I get the impression that she has been burned in the past. In her profile, she seems to be telling potential beaus that she will not tolerate any games from "players". Guys do not wish to see a profile with WARNING SIGNS. Insert friendlier dialogue, letting men know that you are a strong, passionate, independent woman. That should do the trick.

Diligent's photo
Tue 09/22/09 10:49 PM
The only thing that stood out, was that your photos need to focus more on your smile. You have a lovely smile, but it takes a back seat to your entire body, [which is pretty good]. Close-ups of your face will generate the response that you desire.

"the Great Mephisto"

Diligent's photo
Tue 09/22/09 10:43 PM
Hey buddy, do not sweat it. I have had many women contact me first. Then, when I respond to their messages, some of them "seem to lose interest" after a short time, or do not respond at all. You have got to take these things with a "pinch of salt". Meaning, women are the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel, but they are VERY flighty, emotional, and unpredictable. Many times, they do not seem to know what they want. That said, there is no way that any man could figure them out. The lack of response may have everything to do with them. There is an old saying that goes, "it is a woman's perogative to change her mind".

Diligent's photo
Tue 09/22/09 10:37 PM
I would say you are pretty with "dangerous curves" in all the right places. You have a look that seems to say that you are also "street wise".

Diligent's photo
Tue 09/22/09 10:33 PM
Nurjoyce, to answer your question, your pictures could jump start a man's heart faster than any defibrillator could! If you lived closer to San Antonio, I definitely feel that I would come a callin'.

"the Great Mephisto"

Diligent's photo
Tue 09/22/09 10:24 PM
Girlfriend, you have got it going on! Do not pay any attention to would-be literary critics. The most important attributes to have on Mingle2 are: (1) physical beauty, [which you have], and (2) a willingness to meet new people, and (3) sincerity. Oh!, If I were 18 again!

"the Great Mephisto"

Diligent's photo
Thu 09/10/09 09:02 AM
MelodyGirl:

From your multitude of posts, you have a lot of "free time". I take it you are the Pamela Anderson look-a-like in the photo. You have given me advice on how I should structure my rhetorical question, as distinct from an interrogative question. You have also given me advice on what age demographic is more befitting to a 45 year old man. My post explains the scenario, my situation, and my purpose. The purpose is to generate feedback from "younger" women as to a theoretical scenario, [if they would date an older man like me, or would consider the possibility]. Inherently, the question is directed to younger women, as only younger women can convey their preferences. Try as they might, "Forty-something" women cannot possibly offer insight as to what college aged women, [18-22], might or might not be receptive to. I would add that chronological age and "maturity" are not necessarily intertwined. I have observed youthful women who have displayed a far greater intellectual and emotional maturity which exceeded that of their elders.

For your information, I have dated many women who are OLDER than I am. I have done so since high school. Your own post refers to the fact that my profile seeks a woman into her fifties. Fifty-five on my essay, and up to fifty-nine on my e-mail parameter. So, far from being lecherous and preying upon society's youth, I do appreciate older women. I have created an age 18-59 demographic so as not to preclude contact from the majority of women. Obviously, below age 18, they are not of legal age and could not post on this site. Above age 59, that would strain the parameters of my ideal woman. And, as a self-styled philosopher, you yourself might observe, "What could a 45 year old man and a 60 year old woman have in common?".

But, I think your proliferation of "responses" validate my observations about older women. Your banter does nothing to aid my empirical quest because you fall well outside of the 18-22 female age demographic.

Well, MelodyGirl, I would end by posing a rhetorical query to you which sums up my reflections on dating. All other things being equal, "Would you rather drive a Porsche 911 or a weathered BMW"?

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/09/09 04:38 PM
I am on this site to meet "women". By my definition and the legal definition, a woman who is 18 or older is of legal age. I am not going through a "middle age crisis". But, "younger women" generally are more beautiful, less jaded, and more submissive than older women with failed marriages, emotional baggage, and droves of "daddy's babies".

Now, nothing is etched in stone. You can have age parameters or other qualifying factors including or eliminating groups of people. But, in my experience, it is silly to prevent individuals from even speaking to you because they are 1 year too old or too young, or live 10 miles outside of your area. What is important are mutual attractions, similar interests, common values, and common goals.

Now, what these garrulous females have overlooked by my seminal question are these issues; (1) My question was directed to YOUNG WOMEN, ages 18-22. I am asking them a rhetorical question; If they would date me, or someone my age with similar looks, etc., and (2), I openly questioned the validity of the e-mail messages I received on "true.com" from these hordes of younger women. I question them because I did not solicit them on my "true.com" profile. With the proper feedback from YOUNGER WOMEN on this blog, I can readily determine if those e-mails are legitimate.

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:16 AM
Again, I altered my parameters here to reflect the "responses" I received in "true.com". This was only after receiving hits from younger women on that web site. Women 18 years of age are not my first choice. But, I would certainly talk to them.

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/09/09 10:13 AM
I altered my profile here to reflect the "responses" in "true.com". In reality, I would desire a woman more my age, 35-49. But, I do not want to categorically exlude a group of women who wish to speak to me.

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/09/09 09:50 AM
I have an account at "true.com". Supposedly, I am getting hits from women as young as 18-22 years of age wanting to date me. Many of these women are "sweet young things". I am kind of skeptical since I am not seeking out younger women in my profile. I think it is a trick by "true.com" to get me to buy a membership. Here, the site is free. So, if younger females respond in the "affirmative", the "true.com" messages might be for real. Give me your honest opinion.

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/09/09 09:24 AM
I like your facial features and appearance. I would like them better if you included a picture where you are smiling. A beautiful smile indicates to the world that you have inner happiness. Such smiles are self-evident and cannot be faked. I would also alter your criteria that eligible gentlemen must "live within 50 miles" of you. It would be a shame to miss out on a potential connection because of a geographic boundary.

Diligent's photo
Wed 09/09/09 01:03 AM
With your angelic face and thoughtful essay, I think you will reel the guys in.