Community > Posts By > Diligent

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 10:43 PM

Buttons, thank you for proving my point!

Craig's List is a seedy one-night stand type of listing. ill

Really? Paroled drug addicts? Horny Handyman? The vanilla single dad? slaphead :laughing:

And the Mingle2 patrons have to be direct descendants of European royalty. Newsflash, Mingle2 has individuals that are looking "for an intimate encounter" exclusively and has more oddballs than you can shake a stick at. I just researched one profile in a dating blog where someone had underwent a sex change. Is that mainstream for you?

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 10:39 PM

I haven't ever and wouldn't ever use Craigslist.. I've met plenty of people from here and have dated someone from here long ago...

I'm not sure why you think it's not likely that people would meet from here, there are quite a few marriages that have happened from Mingle/JSH...

My comment, I'm guessing you missed it..

I don't think many people form actual relationships on Mingle2 because it has a worldwide patronage and most people are BLOGGING.

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 10:35 PM
I enjoy Mingle2 immensely. But, this is not a site where individuals are likely to have face to face encounters, (in other words a real-life connection). In fact, many of the patrons are here to chat, blog, and have casual conversation. Those are noble pursuits. However, many adults desire more than stimulating conversation. So, to facilitate face to face encounters, we must look to other sources. As few Mingle2 patrons are likely to have actual encounters, I would agree with you about the safety factor. Dating sites are no different than any cross-section or demographic section of America. Though, some websites cater to the carnal tastes.

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 10:29 PM

That's the lowest of the low surprised noway

Melody, I was not referring to "The Sex With no Strings Attached" section. I have used the regular dating section. How is that demeaning? For that matter, how is any internet dating site redeeming?

Craig's List doesn't have a good reputation to begin with but it seems the "seedy" types would use that site and cloud the divisions of the dating section vs. the NSA section.

I don't think online dating is demeaning; however, just like everything else in life there are better venues in both safety and quality. I like Mingle because I can interact with people in the forums as well as communicate via messages.

To each his own … You asked and I gave my .02 :angel:

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 10:29 PM

Melody, I was not referring to "The Sex With no Strings Attached" section. I have used the regular dating section. How is that demeaning? For that matter, how is any internet dating site redeeming?

Craig's List doesn't have a good reputation to begin with but it seems the "seedy" types would use that site and cloud the divisions of the dating section vs. the NSA section.

I don't think online dating is demeaning; however, just like everything else in life there are better venues in both safety and quality. I like Mingle because I can interact with people in the forums as well as communicate via messages.

Well, Melody I really do enjoy this site immensely. But, let's face the music, I would not categorize this as a site where people are likely to have a face to face meeting. So, in that regard I would have to agree with you about the safety aspect. However, many adults NEED and WANT more than stimulating conversation. So, we have to channel other sources.

To each his own … You asked and I gave my .02 :angel:

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 10:11 PM

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 09:36 PM
I have had some success and some failures on Craigslist, in their personal dating section. But, for the most part, the responses are: spam, scams, frauds, "bots", "safe dating" solicitations, and other internet dating "come ons."

I am curious as to whether any other Mingle2 patrons have used the personal section of Craigslist, and their results.

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 08:32 PM
I like the previous generation of "speed metal." Check out Yngwie Malmsteen's albums from the mid to late 80's and check out RacerX's albums. While you are at it, check out the guitar virtuousity of Yngwie and Paul Gilbert!

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 08:25 PM
Two bands come to mind for the title of "the best group." The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. I have gone over the Beatles' records and I was amazed by their creative genius. They were only together for less than 10 years, but they changed musical history. I really dig "The White Album" and "Abby Road." But, their psychedelic phase and bubblegum phase were cool too. All of the Beatles went on to successful solo careers. At their peak, they were probably the most recognizable people on Earth.

However, many observers feel that the Stones would have overtaken the Beatles in popularity if the Beatles had stayed together. The Stones are unique because of their longevity and their success. Mick Jagger moves pretty well for a grandfather on stage. My favorite Stone's songs are from the Woodstock era through the early 70's..."Give Me Shelter", "Angie", "Heartbreaker."

It is hard to pick. But for me, I choose........The Beatles.

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 02:40 PM
I live in San Antonio, Texas and I can't find any local women worth dating (on this site). But, I have made the acquaintance of many fine women across the country. In my estimation, this is not a "dating site" or one readily inclined for a "hookup."

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 10:17 AM
Yngwie Malmsteen's "Marching Out"

Diligent's photo
Thu 04/29/10 01:16 AM
"You Raise Me Up", the version by Josh Groban evokes emotions when I hear it. I first heard his version at the Superbowl to commemorate the shuttle astronauts. It brought me to tears because it has a spiritual aspect, coupled with Groban's powerful voice. It is the only song that has moved me to tears.

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 11:46 PM
I have never dated a.......billboard.

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 11:42 PM

I think the gorilla man might have posted in the wrong thread. indifferent

I thought the post was about general race relations/discrimination. It looks like several people went off on a tangent. So, I just went with it. I was relaying my experiences with prejudice and my opinions about my own ethnic group.

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 11:42 PM

I think the gorilla man might have posted in the wrong thread. indifferent

I thought the post was about general race relations/discrimination. It looks like several people went off on a tangent. So, I just went with it. I was relaying my experiences with prejudice and my opinions about my own ethnic group.

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 11:12 PM
My opinion of the best male tenor who never sang opera--but should have; MARIO LANZA

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 10:47 PM

I have 2 favorite lyrics:

"Brown eyed girl" by Van Morrison

Hey where did we go,
Days when the rain came
Down in the hollow,
Playin' a new game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a thumpin' and you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.

My co-favorite is "Goodbye to Romance" by Ozzy Osbourne

I've been the king, I've been the clown
No broken wings can't hold me down
I'm free again
The jester with a broken crown
It won't be me this time around to love in vain

I said goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends..I tell you
Goodbye to all the past
I guess that we'll meet, we''l meet in the end.

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 10:44 PM
I have 2 favorite lyrics:

"Brown eyed girl" by Van Morrison

Hey where did we go,
Days when the rain came
Down in the hollow,
Playin' a new game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a thumpin' and you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 10:31 PM
There were so many great studio albums and the live "Tokyo Tapes." I favor "Lovedrive" over "Animal Magnetism" and "Love at First Sting", which is an overlooked album. "Lovedrive" has one of my favorite instrumentals: "Coast to Coast." Any thoughts?

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 08:26 PM
I have seen the movie several times and I always get a kick out of it. It was campy, I will give you that. But, it had drama, suspense, and non-stop action. I like how the Warriors' members had different personalities and they fought a vast array of rival gangs. I label the movie as a cult classic. Yea or nay?