Community > Posts By > Diligent

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 02:47 PM
I never encountered "the good old boy" syndrome until the late 90's. Then, I was a neophyte stockbroker looking to make my mark. The Caucasian "powers that be" were not readily inclined to hire Hispanics over Caucasians. The entire process was odd, eerie, and unsettling. I have since left that profession and entered another one.

I get along with other races better than I do my own ethnic group. I have a problem with Latins/Mexicans/Illegal Aliens that surreptiously enter this country, operate undocumented, and assume servile/menial roles. There is nothing wrong with being poor and having modest means. There is nothing wrong with being less educated; individuals sometimes have to abandon their education to work. But, I do have a problem with individuals who are present in this country illegally, unlawfully, and can't or won't assimilate themselves to American society.

Diligent's photo
Wed 04/28/10 10:24 AM
1. Don't transmit nude photos of yourself. They could be floating around the web forever.

2. Don't reveal personal information until you get to know and trust who you are speaking to. Ideally, don't reveal your address until and unless you meet the person face to face.

3. Don't lend or send money to an internet "friend." There are 10 million Nigerian scams going around.

4. Be leery if the women are from Ghana, Russia, or some godforsaken third-world country.

5. Be leery if the other person comes on hot and heavy too fast.

6. Don't expect to find your soulmate on the web. But, keep an open mind.

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 11:47 PM
I saw on your profile that you are 18 years old. Women are a contradiction, are enigmatic, and are a paradox. Let me explain. When women are younger, they want to appear older than they really are and they like older men. When women start to show their age, they want to look and feel younger. They often like younger men at that stage in their lives.

So, in the near future, a love connection with an 18 year old woman might not be in the cards. But, you might land a smokin' hot MILF, going through that phase I told you about. So, go with the flow and enjoy.

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 10:26 PM
I have 2 co-favorites for favorite song lyrics: "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel and "Nobody Knows" by Billy Squier.

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 10:14 PM
Welcome and watch out for the pathological bloggers.explode

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 04:28 PM

Something tells me they didn't find Noah's Ark. Being that these explorers are evangelical explorers leaves me wondering if they will allow scientists to carbon date the material from the site or allow non evangelical archeologists on the site? What a load, two of every animal. How many animals are extinct today versus what was alive in his time? Is this "ark" the size of the mall of America?

There have been previous discoveries of planked Golpher Wood on Mount Ararat that appeared to be from a vessel. Golpher Wood of that type is found only in Iraq--and not 13,000 feet up a mountain! Those discoveries were not made by evangelists.

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 04:23 PM

In no particular order;

Mr. Majestyk
Hard Times
Force 10 from Navarone
Where Eagles Dare
Patton
Kelly's Heroes
To Hell and Back
Rambo 3
To Kill a Mockingbird
Gunfight at O.K. Corral
Man Without a Star
Death Wish 3
Death Wish 4
Commando
Raw Deal

Forgot some..

Stripes
Heaven Can Wait
Eiger Sanction
The Longest Day
Casablanca
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Platoon
The Great Santini
The Gauntlet
Run Silent, Run Deep
Midway

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 02:55 PM
"Jane" by Jefferson Starship off the "Freedom at Point Zero" album, 1979.

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 02:13 PM
"Quickies" satisfy our natural urges. But, there is a danger of communicable disease when you don't take the time to get to know someone. Many don't have the time or desire for involved relationships--they take too much effort. "Quickies" can also lead to unwanted/unplanned pregnancies. There is also a potential physical danger for women, being in the presence and sleeping with someone that they don't know or know very well.

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 02:06 PM
Sorry, I only date my own species.mad

Diligent's photo
Tue 04/27/10 12:05 AM
In no particular order;

Mr. Majestyk
Hard Times
Force 10 from Navarone
Where Eagles Dare
Patton
Kelly's Heroes
To Hell and Back
Rambo 3
To Kill a Mockingbird
Gunfight at O.K. Corral
Man Without a Star
Death Wish 3
Death Wish 4
Commando
Raw Deal

Diligent's photo
Mon 04/26/10 10:20 PM
There are 9 common law states in the U.S. I know that California and Texas are two of them. I forget the others. Generally, the couple (man and a woman) must have some immediate intention to wed, (they don't have to actually have a formal wedding, but a sincere desire to become married in the near future. The second provision is that the couple must actually live together. There is no set amount of time. A common law marriage has been found after 2 weeks of "shacking up." Third, the couple must hold themselves out to the public as a married couple. Letting your significant other call herself by your last name, having joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, having a joint mortgage, and raising children together are some examples. All 3 provisions have to be fulfilled contemporaneously.

Generally, there is a 2 year period in which to raise or contest the validity of a "common law marriage." A valid "common law marriage" requires an actual divorce decree, just as a formal marriage does. So, there is no advantage of a "common law marriage" over a traditional one. The spouses have the same rights under the law.

I would advise all those bachelors who "shack up" with their ladies to be careful that they don't fulfill all 3 provisions of a "common law" marriage.

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 11:38 PM
The live band that best captured the essence and quality of their studio performances was Foreigner. That being the Foreigner with Lou Graham. I saw them in the early to mid 80's and they were superb. The best high energy band I saw was Van Halen on their "Fair Warning" tour in late 1981, with David Lee Roth.

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 11:10 PM
Wow, that's great. I have respect for MMA competitors. You have to be well-rounded and skilled at many different martial art forms. The days of being one-dimensional are over. I started watching the sport in the mid 90's. It has changed a great deal since then. It is interesting when you see 2 fighters with contrasting styles. My favorite style/form/discipline is the kickboxer/Muy Thai practitioner. I don't care for Jiu-Jitsu because rolling around on the ground with someone wouldn't be too successful in a street fight. In a street fight, being on the ground is the last place you would want to be. My favorite martial artists are Bruce Lee, Jose Aldo, Georges St. Pierre, B.J. Penn, Jon "Bones" Jones, Anthony Johnson, and Donald Cerrone. Oh, I forgot Emilianenko. That cat always looks so calm in a fight.

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 09:14 PM
I believe that most women stay in abusive relationships because they have very low self-esteem. They believe that they have no value as a person, that the person they are with is the best they can get, and that they may deserve the abuse they receive.

These relationships are tragic because they get progressively worse. The abusers never reform, no matter how many times they promise to or how many counseling classes they take. They often conclude with the death of the spouse (woman). Many times, law enforcement fails to heed the signs of progressively increasing domestic violence.

No female deserves to be violently beaten. If the presence of a spouse or loved one drives you to a frenzy, it is best to walk away.

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 08:56 PM
Colt McCoy is a joke, a loser, and is no NFL quarterback. He has a weak arm, imperfect throwing motion, is slow, and couldn't react to the speed of NFL defenses.

Now, Claussen might develop into a possession quarterback or a solid second stringer. But, he is not the second coming of Joe Montana.

Tebow is a gifted athlete. Whatever you may feel about his quarterback deficiencies, he is a big, strong, powerful, and durable athlete. I think he could develop into a capable tight end or even a fullback in short yardage situations.

The jury is out on Bradford. When he is healthy, he is an accurate passer with a reasonably strong arm. His problem is that he has difficulties dealing with NFL defense-type speed--Florida Gators, etc.

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 12:11 PM
I will NEVER date, have sex with, or romance a married woman. I will NEVER go to Mexico for any purpose. I will NEVER divulge my credit card information to any internet dating site.

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 12:44 AM
The song "The Green Manilishi", originally written by Peter Green, but recorded live by Judas Priest in 1979,:angry: "Unleashed in the East."

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 12:41 AM
Sometimes I do intimidate people, both intentionally and unintentionally. For example, when I am jogging in the park or in a rough part of town, my entire demeanor changes. I think it is an instinctive response to let others know not to confront you. Generally, I assume these airs in public places. I have discovered that 99% of people are not so brave the closer they get to you. At other times, I subconsciously and unintentially make individuals uneasy and tense. I have to work on it. In self-defense jargon, "don't look like a victim or an easy target."

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 12:23 AM
Well, for example, I have discovered that financial means are quite important to today's modern women, (all things being equal). And, some women I knew did prefer things that come in a larger package (ahem). The fact that you are not as selective or are easily pleased does not discount those facts.