Community > Posts By > Diligent

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 11:11 PM

I think that was released in 1978, right before the band went to "Jefferson Starship." That was Marty Balin on vocals. He and Grace Slick left shortly thereafter and the band hired Micky Thompson. I thought he was super.

Sorry, that was Mickey Thomas.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 11:09 PM
I think that was released in 1978, right before the band went to "Jefferson Starship." That was Marty Balin on vocals. He and Grace Slick left shortly thereafter and the band hired Micky Thompson. I thought he was super.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 03:48 PM
I think the concept of a "Mr. Right" is a misused paradigm. It is an ideal for some man who may possess certain admirable traits (or possess less unappealing traits than others). It is also a subjective analysis. What might seem ideal to one woman may be undesirable/unappealing to another. "Mr. Right" is only likely to exist in fiction/romance novels.

In the real world, we men sometimes have a carbuncle or two. The differencce between myself and other men is that I readily admit my "flaws." I also recognize the flaws in any potential girlfriend/wife. I used to have a notion of a "Ms. Right." But, I have since pared those requirements down to a few modest traits.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 02:42 PM

I'm a fitness trainer and I participate in several activities and sports.

Last year I took golf lessons, and this year, I want to learn tennis.

My primary focus is Adventure Races: 105 mile bike ride - 15 mile run - 5 mile kayak. My first goal 5 years ago was to finish, and now my goal is to finish in less than 6 hours:30 minutes. I finished last year's race in 6:42.

I also have a green belt or 3rd level in Tai Kwon Do. I am not as fervent in finishing the higher belt levels (yet).

Climbing, biking, running, volleyball, softball - all fun recreational sports.

I've own my fitness biz for 21 years and I love having this as part of my lifestyle. :banana:

I am glad you informed me about the Tae Kwan Do training. I view physical fitess as an investment of time and effort in yourself and your well-being. I feel fitness is very important and should be a part of everyone's life. It is good to keep active.

I wish I could compete in the ultra endurance events. I am only good for 1 hour of super-human effort. I think it is due to my fast-twitch muscle ratio. I have a greater proportion of fast-twicth muscle fiber. That is good for explosive performnace. But, it is not much help in a marathon.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 01:44 PM

I caught a turtle in the bayou once when I was a little kid. I took one look at that face and ran screaming back up to the house.
What did you catch the boot on?:wink:

I caught the boot in a raging stream. I felt a tug and thought I had a real live one. I wrestled it ashore and it was a work boot.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 01:22 PM

I don't know if it counts but I like to fish. One minute I can be working my biceps with a beer can and suddenly I'm grappling in the mud with a fatty trout. Very competitive. Oh and blogging too...love that shatdrinker

Angling is a competitive sport. I haven't had much luck fishing though. All that I have caught are a 2 pound snapping turtle and a steel-toed boot.frustrated

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 01:02 PM
I don't really expect to meet my soulmate on Mingle2. I don't because most of the interesting women I meet live several states over and because many women are on this site for friendship and blogging,frustrated ONLY.

So, right now, I will settle for stimulating conversation and making new friends. One can never have too many friends.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 12:34 PM
I have always been drawn to the competitive nature of sports. As a youth, I competed in Football, Track and Field, Golf, Tennis, and Baseball. Sports have always been a part of my life as a competitor or a fan. I was wondering if any of the female Mingle2 patrons felt the same way? If so, what sports do you favor.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 11:43 AM
I would say your chances are "excellent." I say that because those so-called gorgeous girls often "have their noses in the air." The would-be beaus they reject will seek comfort elsewhere. If you keep posting in this section, you WILL get noticed.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 10:36 AM
I am not sure of your age bracket/definition of older men. But, I have changed as I have matured. I am secure in who I am, I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I know what I want out of life. I am not "hung up" on looks in a girlfriend anymore. I now seek the company of intelligent women. I am starting to get a faint "touch of gray" around my temples. I have come to accept and appreciate people for their ownwaving unique characteristics. Maybe these things are the natural product of maturity.

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 10:27 AM
I always found that "chance encounters" provide the best opportunity rather than a deliberate dating site/bar/club environment. I took some graduate classes at the local university and I met many interesting, single women. I have also met women at the gym, Barnes & Noble bookstore, and other unexpected places. That has just been my experience and it has worked for me because I think people are more relaxed when they aren't trying hard to impress/meet someone.drinker flowerforyou love

Diligent's photo
Sun 05/02/10 10:21 AM
I joined in January 2009. I was inactive for several months in the late Summer and early Fall. But, I have been drawn to the blogs as of late.

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 04:20 PM

drinker drinker

Hi, my name is Felicia. I'm kinda new to the whole online dating scene. Been sending messages and nudges and I still get nothing. I guess patience really is a virtue on here. Any pointers to get things going a little quicker on here?

Au contrair. Texas is the second largest state in the continguous United States and is ably represented by Mingle2 patrons. I am from San Antonio, which should be a 3 hour hop down I-35. You might have trouble finding Texas guys because......we are shy.

"Remember the Alamo"

Sorry, that was au contraire and contiguous...I am a stickler for spelling.

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 04:13 PM
drinker drinker

Hi, my name is Felicia. I'm kinda new to the whole online dating scene. Been sending messages and nudges and I still get nothing. I guess patience really is a virtue on here. Any pointers to get things going a little quicker on here?

Au contrair. Texas is the second largest state in the continguous United States and is ably represented by Mingle2 patrons. I am from San Antonio, which should be a 3 hour hop down I-35. You might have trouble finding Texas guys because......we are shy.

"Remember the Alamo"

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 01:13 PM

I disagree that Man "becomes like God" the more technology we acquire. To be God-like in the Christian sense means to be all-powerful, perfect, without sin, and all-knowing. Man could never be "perfect" because we are inclined to sin. As far as being all- powerful, the bible says that "man can't even make himself grow one inch in height."

God is also not perfect or he would be incapable of creating imperfection that sin ..God is also not omniscient or he would have know before creation that Man would be inperfect and would sin ...so therefore Man can be just as imperfect as God and technology is how that is being accomplish

Knowledge is not and was not Satan's to give or impart. All knowledge is possessed by God. God is perfect. But, all other beings are created. The created beings are imperfect. That is why we falter. Satan may have brought the awareness of knowledge to Eve, but it was not his to convey, nor did he create it. God does have infinite knowledge. He knew that his only begotten son would suffer and die on the cross, for it was recorded before Christ died (in the Bible). Created beings are imperfect in part because we exercise our own "free will". That "free will" naturally brings us afoul of God and his word, because we pursue sinful things.

Without God and the concept of heaven, man is finite. Th oldest recorded age was 120 years in modern times. The only way man can become infinite and without sin is to literally stand in God's presence. If you believe in heaven, that will occur.

As far as man being all-powerful because of technology, that is absurd. Let me give you an illustration. If all the hydrogen bombs inb the world were detonated at once; that would equate to 15 billion tons of TNT. If for example, an asteroid were to strike the earth like the Cretaceous one, that would equate to 100 TRILLION tons of TNT and possibly extinguish life on earth. My point, there are things in nature which far transcend our finite capabilities.

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 11:50 AM
You are cute and friendly. Your bio tells about who you are and what you are currently doing. You might want to add a few more photos. Guys like lots of photos of pretty women.

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 11:37 AM

I decided to stay on Mingle 2 I have a lot of nice friends on this site . Lately I've been getting a lot of creepy guys, & yes i block them out now & then, but lately there seems to be quite a bit of freaky guys contacting me. I don't have anything on my profile that would indicate creeps are us contact me.

scared scared scared scared

I am sorry to hear that you have been bombarded by "weirdos." I really like Mingle2. But, a few nights ago, I had a "lively" discussion in the chat room with several patrons who thought that Mingle2 didn't have the same kind of "weirdos" as other sites. I disagreed.

As I tried to explain, if you have a representative group of the population, you are going to get a few "oddballs." I also tried to inform these ladies that there are ways around the screening filter mechanism. They balked.

Generally, when women don't respond to mens' messages, most men take the hint that they are unwelcome, unwanted, and not desired. One thing you can do is to clearly state what you DISLIKE in a man. The men possessing those traits should get the idea and refrain. If they persist, contact the administrator {and or} tell them that you "have found someone" on this site and are not available anymore.

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 09:48 AM
I disagree that Man "becomes like God" the more technology we acquire. To be God-like in the Christian sense means to be all-powerful, perfect, without sin, and all-knowing. Man could never be "perfect" because we are inclined to sin. As far as being all- powerful, the bible says that "man can't even make himself grow one inch in height."

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 09:44 AM

I am not a student of theology. But, I believe that knowledge originates from God, not Satan. God is omnipotent and all-knowing. According to the Bible, Satan is very powerful. However, he is not omnipotent or all-knowing.

it's not about Satan being all knowing it's about Satan granting access to the knowledge that God didn't grant to Adam and Eve

You asked where knowledge comes from. It originates from God.

Diligent's photo
Sat 05/01/10 09:41 AM
There is no understanding the psychology of dating or why people lose interest. I have lost interest when it was too easy and I didn't have to work very hard in the relationship. When I was younger, I liked a challenge. Usually, in a relationship, one person works harder and gives more emotionally than the other. One reason might be that the person was not as you or they thought. As time goes by, you learn more about an individual and that can lead to disenchantment. You know the old saying, "you never really know someone until you live with them."