Community > Posts By > Diligent

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 12:19 AM

Most women want: a man who earns a good salary, who is reasonably handsome, who is reasonably good in the sack, who is loyal, who would make a great husband and father, who is handy around the house, and who is hung like a thoroughbred racehorse.

I have learned and discerned these things through many years of dating and relationships, BTW.

I too have learned through many years of dating..and your a bit off on a couple things there...since you said most I'll interject.

Salary is not an issue..at least for me. Being a good father is not an issue ..at least for me, my kids are grown up, they don't want any one in my life to be their dad. Being handy around the house would be handy..not mandatory, at least for me.
Being hung like a thoroughbred racehorse is actually frightening, at least for me. Reasonably handsome is way to subjective...at least for me. What I think is reasonably handsome may no be the same for another woman, that would come down to personal preference.
So...that would leave being loyal..yes, I believe we all want that, not just the gals and then the being a good husband..if I were looking for a husband, of course I would want him to be a good one.

Diligent's photo
Sun 04/25/10 12:14 AM
The first thing I notice about a woman is her face. The second thing is her smile (or lack of). Then, I gravitate down to the...breasts.

Diligent's photo
Sat 04/24/10 11:54 PM
Most women want: a man who earns a good salary, who is reasonably handsome, who is reasonably good in the sack, who is loyal, who would make a great husband and father, who is handy around the house, and who is hung like a thoroughbred racehorse.

I have learned and discerned these things through many years of dating and relationships, BTW.

Diligent's photo
Sat 04/24/10 11:51 PM
I like your looks, your profile, and your bio. The only suggestion I would make is to use a girly-girl photo as your feature. It never does a woman any harm to highlight her outward beauty.

Diligent's photo
Sat 04/24/10 11:47 PM
If I had a "sign" around my neck, it would read "**** WITH ME AT YOUR OWN RISK, STUPID!!".

Diligent's photo
Sat 04/24/10 11:38 PM
I am a healthy, single guy who has had some hits and some misses on the web when it comes to dating. I have often encountered women who (insisted, demanded, requested) that I enroll on some "Safe Dating" website in order to pass a "security background check." Presumably, the tests are to determine if you are a convicted felon, criminal, molester, rapist, etc. I have balked because I am none of those categories and I am opposed to divulging credit card and personal information on the web. Another inconsistency is that the service is supposedly "free", but, the websites want credit card information!?

Has anyone on this site had a positive, productive experience with "Safe Dating" sites? Explain.

Or, are they just another web scam run by college coeds to dupe horny men out of their dough? Explain.

Diligent's photo
Wed 03/31/10 04:31 PM
I never really did care for Shawn Michaels and his various personas; "heartbreak kid", DGenerationX, the Cliq, "the Rockers" tagteam, etc. To me it seemed absurd for fans to accept the idea that he could actually defeat those much larger opponents. If you noticed, Michaels always wore platform shoes. I never saw anything great about him except his ego.

Diligent's photo
Tue 03/30/10 10:21 PM
With the emergence of Brock Lesnar, Cain Velazquez, Shane Carwin, etc., and the regression of Georges St. Pierre, it would appear that MMA may be reduced to a forum for "dirty wrestling", as opposed to martial arts mastery. To me, that comes as a disappointment.

I had always admired St. Pierre for his mastery of different genres of combat. This was never more clear when he soundly trumped Matt Hughes in their rematches. St. Pierre had become too skilled for the one-dimensional Hughes, or so I thought. Now, he has become a clone (albeit a more talented one) of Matt Hughes. I am not going to contest the effectiveness of the "ground and pound" style, I question its technical deficiencies. At his best, St. Pierre is without peer as a martial artist, and that is in comparison to Anbderson Silva, Jose Alda, etc. At some point. St. Pierre became "afraid of losing", rather than dedicated to winning. So, he plays it safe and takes his opponents to the ground. It is hard to dispute his success with the technique. But, it seems to me that the old St. Pierre would have swiftly finished his opponents rather than bludgeoned them for 25 minutes.

As for the heavyweight division, there is no dispute that wrestlers have generally fared well over the years. In fact, Mark Coleman, one of the sports pioneers, developed what we know as the "ground and pound" style. It is sad to recognize and admit that sheer power will usually overcome the most proficient technique. My objection is that such techniques do not usually provide the opportunity for martial arts mastery or aesthetic entertainment.

Diligent's photo
Sun 02/14/10 07:49 PM

...trying to tell me I am old or something.

Over the last few days....I have seen only ONE AD over and over and over.

The ad???

SENIOR SINGLES!!!!

And it shows a couple of old women kissing.

Am I the only one that sees this ad basically telling me that I'll be 80 before I find love...and when I do....she's gonna be a freaking LESBIAN!?!?!??!?

grumble grumble grumble

I can empathize with you buddy. But, it is not very likely that you will ultimately find romance on this site. What you are more likely to find: (1) an infinite number of blogs by pseudo-intellectuals with far too much time on their hands, (2) adolescent flirtations from women who have no intention of sleeping with anyone on this site, and (3) an infinite number of blogs on deviant sexual topics, from marginally functional individuals obsessed with inane, fictional scenarios.

Diligent's photo
Fri 11/20/09 10:07 AM

and girls and guys between the ages of 18-26 that are from Australia, add me :)

Your beauty and your smile speak for themselves!! I would rate you as supercalifragelisticexpealidociously HOT!

Diligent's photo
Thu 10/22/09 11:35 PM
Actually, there are 2 songs which make a "grown man cry". The first one is "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban. The song is so inspirational and uplifting, especially when sung in the manner Groban performs it. I sense that the song has a religious and spiritual context. I recall his Super Bowl rendition of it, honoring the crew of the 2003 space shuttle catastrophe. To me, the song conveys the message that "all hope is not lost", and we can receive comfort and inspiration from those who care about us at our bleakest moment.

The second song is "One Moment in Time" by Whitney Houston. As I remember, she recorded the song for the 1988 Summer Olympics. To me, the song embodies how many of us strive to achieve greatness in life, our professions, or sporting endeavors. For a select few, all of the elements intersect and they aspire, excel, and achieve paramountcy in a given pursuit. For these individuals, it seems as if they were "destined" for greatness.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 11:42 PM

What type of a sophomoric system uses "confidence points" instead of the Vegas line!? It is irrelevant how one "feels" about a team or their natural predispositions towards certain franchises. What does matter is what odds or point spread someone is willing to grant you.

Oh, yes, the betting line is SOOOOOOOOOO relevant to real life. I don't put money on games, so I really don't give a rip what the point spread is ... and since that's the only thing a betting line is really good for, that makes it just as superfluous to me as the confidence points are to you. Good day ...

I asked you what "type of a system" uses "confidence points"? I take it that is not even a real methodology but a subjective "feeling". The Vegas line deals with sporting endeavors and the probability of a given outcome based upon a variety of factors; many of these factors are "tangible". No one makes the claim that the Vegas line is a vital component of our society. But, wagers are prevalent in society. Just look at the various State lotteries. That is pure mathematical probability and random chance.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 11:05 PM

I have once had an relationship w/ an older women before, I'm wondering, who else here has done that as well?

I have dated older women for much of my adult life. The biggest advantage that older women have over younger ones is that they reach a certain point in their lives when they "no longer play games". Older women don't have the "hang ups" about sex. No games, no pretenses; they often react without inhibitions. BTY..women reach their sexual peak in their late 30's and early 40's. So, enjoy their company while you can.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 10:42 PM

Houston@Cincinnati - Houston 5 points

Detroit@Green Bay - Green Bay 10 points

Cleveland@Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh 6 points

Kansas City@Washington - Washington 8 points

Carolina@Tamap Bay - Tampa Bay 1 point

New York Giants@New Orleans - New Orleans 2 points

St. Louis@Jacksonville - Jacksonville 11 points

Baltimore@Minnesota - Minnesota 14 points

Arizona@Seattle - Seattle 3 points

Philadelphia@Oakland - Philadelphia 12 points

Buffalo@New York Jets - Jets 9 points

Tennessee@New England - New England 13 points

Chicago@Atlanta - Atlanta 7 points

Denver@San Diego - San Diego 4 points

Will be making my money parlay bets later today; will post those then.

Let me know what you think!
:wink:
Dawn

I generally agree with you except in these 4 games:

(1) I think Cincinnati will win their game.

(2) I don't think Minnesota can cover the points. I think they will win in a closer game.

(3) New England can't cover the points. This should be a close game with the Patriots winning.

(4) I think Denver will win their game.

Diligent ... the "points" Dawn put after the games have nothing to do with the spreads. If you'll notice, all the numbers 1 through 14 are used, with no duplications. These are "confidence points". When you pick games this way, you assign the highest number (in this case, 14) to the game in which you have the most confidence in your pick, then the next highest number, etc., etc. It's obvious Dawn is a Vikings fan, since she put 14 points on the Vikes against a very good Ravens team. High risk, high reward type of play. [Yes, Dawn, I know the game is in the Metrodome, but still ... :wink: ] I don't usually put my team as high as I have the last couple of weeks, simply because I've learned not to pick with my heart, but with who the Eagles played last week and who they play this weekend, it's difficult not to put a lot of weight on those games.

What type of a sophomoric system uses "confidence points" instead of the Vegas line!? It is irrelevant how one "feels" about a team or their natural predispositions towards certain franchises. What does matter is what odds or point spread someone is willing to grant you.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 08:27 PM

Houston@Cincinnati - Houston 5 points

Detroit@Green Bay - Green Bay 10 points

Cleveland@Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh 6 points

Kansas City@Washington - Washington 8 points

Carolina@Tamap Bay - Tampa Bay 1 point

New York Giants@New Orleans - New Orleans 2 points

St. Louis@Jacksonville - Jacksonville 11 points

Baltimore@Minnesota - Minnesota 14 points

Arizona@Seattle - Seattle 3 points

Philadelphia@Oakland - Philadelphia 12 points

Buffalo@New York Jets - Jets 9 points

Tennessee@New England - New England 13 points

Chicago@Atlanta - Atlanta 7 points

Denver@San Diego - San Diego 4 points

Will be making my money parlay bets later today; will post those then.

Let me know what you think!
:wink:
Dawn

I generally agree with you except in these 4 games:

(1) I think Cincinnati will win their game.

(2) I don't think Minnesota can cover the points. I think they will win in a closer game.

(3) New England can't cover the points. This should be a close game with the Patriots winning.

(4) I think Denver will win their game.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 07:18 PM

I've been sending messages left and right- around 300 by my estimate.

Have you evern considered you are not their type? spock

I'm just saying ... winking

For once, I am forced to agree with MelodyGirl. It has been said that "it is a man's world". Well, I am not going to get into a philosophical debate on that subject at this time. But, I would add that in the United States at least, "it is a woman's world". Meaning, that our laws [marital, community property, common law marriage statutes], as well as our societal structure favor women and their rights.

In America, attractive women can have their pick of men, whether they are handsome, rich, beggarmen, or thieves. "Mingle2" is no different. I have heard one frequent blogger and a very attractive woman state that, "I get an average of 75 e-mail messages a day from men". According to her, she is constantly bombarded with male attention. Let me tell you quite sincerely: that is the way of the world. Women have what we men want. It is the law of supply and demand. It may just come down to the fact and reality that the women who you message are not interested in you; no matter how your profile is configured.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 03:08 PM

There are wars, civil wars , violence and injustice in this world .
How can we as humans put an end to wars and violence ?. is it possible or impossible and why ?.

No, if men are left to their own devices, there will always be constant struggle and violence. Man is distinct from all other life forms on Earth. But, in some ways we are quite similar to the animal kingdom. Violence can be irrational and inexplicable at times. On other occasions, it is the manifestation of a "stronger" individual asserting himself [herself] over those he [she] wishes to suppress, eliminate, or control.

There will never be a "Utopian" society because we are fallible and imperfect. Though, in Christianity, the Bible speaks of a day and an age when there will be no more wars, suffering, or killings. It also speaks of an eternal life.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 01:34 PM

Hello to all! I eat clean, work out 5-6 days a week (cardio and weights)and my health is fantastic. I would like to add self defense because I was always fascinated as a youngster with martial arts. As I get older, I set goals that I tackle and some take a little more time and effort.

As I have mentioned, I would like to take up self defense for protection and also for fitness. A friend of mine said that an instructor had mentioned that it is difficult for short people (I am 4'11") to take self defense.

What do you think? True or false?

I believe that is false. For example, some of the fastest human sprinters are of a short stature. This is true because they can generate a faster turnover with their legs and stride.

Many forms of martial arts and self-defense use the principles of "leverage" and your opponent's own energy as their foundations. Meaning, you can use your opponent's own limbs and offensive thrusts to your advantage. A "defense" has a strategic advantage because the goal is to remain unharmed; you do not have to do anything but maintain your health. When someone directs an offensive thrust at you, the burden is on them to cause something to happen. While they are lunging, punching, or kicking at you; they expose themselves to reprisal. Many of the world's greatest martial artists are Asian. Generally, Asians have a short stature. I would encourage you to look into "Krav Maga". That is an Israeli form of practical "street self-defense". It teaches you how to respond in "real world" situations and how to use common objects to defend yourself, [car keys, writing pens, etc.].

By the way, I read your profile and I was moved to message you. But, I do not think I could "keep my thoughts platonic" and behave.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 06:57 AM

I kno that I am far from a handsome man but to get no response from anyone I view or sent a message to is a true sign I must be worse off than even I thouht..I am sorry if I have wasted anyones time. I truly wish all of you the best of luck in your future endevors.

Hey, cheer up! View internet dating in the context of a baseball game. Even the most gifted batters are hard pressed to have a .350 batting average. That means that THEY FAIL 65 % of the time. The more messages you send and the greater your involvement in the chat rooms will get you exposure. Women of all ages seem to enjoy witty posts in the discussion forums.

This is internet dating?....Then my dating life is worse than I thought..sick

Well, at the very least it is an adult "interactive forum" which can lead to interpersonal relationships. BTY, I saw your profile and you are a cute woman. If you are not having any success, I can't fathom the reasons.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/16/09 12:35 AM

:heart: Should there be lust in a relationship?:heart:

Lust could be categorized as a primal, sexual urge. The human sexual condition is a very powerful and compelling force. Some have stated that there is an "actual physical chemistry", which is caused by the release of bodily hormones. So, unbeknownst to ourselves, we may have an attraction towards a person that is subconscious and consuming. Even though we choose to view ourselves as a "civilized species", Homo Sapiens still retain genetic tendencies from our distant ancestors.

But, to "cut to the chase", a relationship without even a unilateral sexual attraction, or "lust", would seem destined to fail. It is only natural to have sexual desires towards our significant others. Ineed, when we are younger, these "sexual desires" are often the initial basis for the relationship itself.