Community > Posts By > Diligent

Diligent's photo
Thu 10/15/09 11:14 PM

I kno that I am far from a handsome man but to get no response from anyone I view or sent a message to is a true sign I must be worse off than even I thouht..I am sorry if I have wasted anyones time. I truly wish all of you the best of luck in your future endevors.

Hey, cheer up! View internet dating in the context of a baseball game. Even the most gifted batters are hard pressed to have a .350 batting average. That means that THEY FAIL 65 % of the time. The more messages you send and the greater your involvement in the chat rooms will get you exposure. Women of all ages seem to enjoy witty posts in the discussion forums.

Diligent's photo
Thu 10/15/09 12:38 AM

I'm looking for sexy, charming, and nice guys. Not over the age of 37.

I would like to think I am most of those things. But, I'd have to drink out of the "fountain of youth" to meet your age criteria. Though, I think your lovely smile would make it worthwhile.

Diligent's photo
Wed 10/14/09 11:18 PM

Hubby of 15 1/2 years cheated On me and I just dont know.. Am I even attractive to anyone anymore? He took my best years away from me, Can I ever find someone else??

I find you to be attractive. I have some advice that someone gave me a few years ago. It goes something like this: "the only power and effect that someone can have over us is that which we grant them". Meaning, you are naturally indignant and resent what your husband did. But, dwelling on the negative aspects of your past relationships condemns you to a bitter existence. Life is a learning experience. We only fail when we fail to learn from our experiences. If your husband is out of your life, that should be the end of his effect on you. You know what they say, "out of sight, out of mind".
By the way, if I fulfilled your e-mail parameters, I would be tempted to message you.

Diligent's photo
Mon 10/12/09 06:15 PM

In high school, I was a sprinter, [100-400 meter dashes]. I have not lost an ounce of speed in over 20 years. I discovered one thing during my formative running years. It became apparent to me that "long distance" running is not good for the skeletal system, joints, tendons, ligaments, shins, knees, and hamstrings. I incurred more injuries on our "5 mile endurance runs" than in competitive sprints, where you run to 100% of your physical effort. You could attain a GREATER DEGREE OF CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS on such indoor equipment as the "Schwinn Airdyne", where your joints are not taxed and the entire body receives a workout. Gratuitously punishing your body is not synonymous with cardiovascular fitness or aerobic capacity.

Then how do you explain people in their 70s and 80s that are still running?

I haven't had any injury problems after starting running at age 40.
It wasn't by accident.

No offense, but maybe you were just doing it wrong.

By your own admission, you are a novice. I am speaking from the position of a former competitive runner. I saw, incurred, and knew of many fellow competitors who incurred injuries, whether significant or minor, from long distance training. I can't think of 1 major Track and Field champion who has not incurred some substantial injury during their careers.

Though, I would say that many injuries could be avoided with the proper precautions: warming up, proper footwear, running on an amenable surface, running within your capacity, etc.

In fact, too much physical exertion can be a bad thing. Case in point, "triathletes" are some of the fittest athletes in the world. Their competitions are completed at the highest levels in around 9 hours. Studies have shown that after 2 hours, the exertion and stress do not add any benefit. To the contrary, ultra long events can actually cause permanent trauma to the heart muscle.

Diligent's photo
Mon 10/12/09 05:40 PM
I am saying that the sheer kinetic exertion on the bodily joints may not be in the best interests of human physiology. I am also stating that a person can get a better cardiovascular workout and fitness through other sports endeavors WITHOUT STRESS TO THE BODILY JOINTS.

For example, I used to be a sprinter in high school. Sprinting requires a great expediture of calories, even though the races are for a relatively short time. The rate of caloric exertion is high. I can and do get a better cardiovascular and lung fitness on the Schwinn Airdyne exercise bicycle.

Well, many champion and recreational runners do incur nagging injuries through their running careers. I am not saying that one cannot run well into their golden years. I simply point out the fact that there are other ways to achieve a greater fitness level without gratuitous stress to the body.

By the way, I can still run down any dog I have ever owned. When my Labradore gets out of the yard, I simply accelerate and overtake him at the tender age of 45.

Diligent's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:59 PM

I MET A GUY RESENTLY WHO "S 25 I AM 30 . HE DIDN:T SEEM TO MIND CAUSE I LOOK YOUNGER BUT I MINDED CAUSE HE ACT TOO MUCH LIKE A KID RATHER THEN SOMEONE WHO HAD HIS GOALS AND ACOMPLISHMENT TOGETHER .

"Mental Maturity" is not related to chronological age. I have dated much younger women than myself, who have shown a maturity which far exceeded their calendar years. In contrast, I have dated women 10-12 years older than I am, who demonstrated the rationality of an adolescent school girl.

I am into "women" who have a defined sense of "self", who know what they want, and know where they are going in life. That holds true, whether they are 18 years of age or 59 years old.

Diligent's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:52 PM

How does someone shoot a person six times accidentally?

This is all too common an occurrence in our society: a law enforcement officer deliberately or negligently uses deadly force on a citizen and "is cleared" of any wrongdoing by his agency.

I would offer that there are many honorable men and women who serve as peace officers in this country. But, there is a small, "overzealous" segment [less than 2 percent], which is responsible for the vast majority of "accidental shootings" and "police brutality" incidents.

What it amounts to is that law enforcement officers in the U.S. are "granted the power of life and death". That is a profound responsibility which must be prudentially exercised. The fact that it is freely conveyed to civil servants in an unqualified manner is all the more astonishing. Police officers are rarely held accountable for miscreant acts because: (1) they are rarely, if ever, criminally prosecuted, even when captured on film, and (2) even when a civil judgment is attained against them, the taxpayers ultimately foot the bill for their defense and the monetary award.

Diligent's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:30 AM
I was hardly impressed with Dallas' performance. The Dallas receivers, including Austin, dropped several passes that should have been caught. Romo's play is erratic enough without ineptitude from the receiving corps. As I said in my own post last week, the inopportune penalties, the lack of discipline, and the mental lapses are due to POOR COACHING. Wade Phillips and his entire staff should be relegated to the unemployment line while Dallas still has a theoretical shot at the playoffs.

Diligent's photo
Sat 10/10/09 09:53 PM

Oh, Rob Halford. Judas Priest was one of the most important breakthrough bands in metal. NWOBHM. Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, etc. I am so happy to hear that somebody down here likes metal!!! So tell me, do you like any of the newer genres?

I liked the heavy metal genre up until the early 90's. One of the last hard rock bands I liked was Firehouse. Metallica still has some great songs. They started in the 80's. I never took to the "speed metal" genre. Music really seemed to change when the "Grunge movement" started. Oh, I forgot to mention Riot, Saxon, and Dio in my initial post. I always thought Riot deserved more acclaim than what they received.

Diligent's photo
Fri 10/09/09 05:10 PM

So do I have some fatal flaw about my profile or do people just sort of not reply much to anybody?

Your introspective opus has gone on for some time now. Just when I thought the matter had been put to rest, a Mingle2 patron revives the topic. So, I have decided to "weigh in".

I looked at your profile, and you have a "friendly disposition". I think the 2 photos convey a warm personality. But, I believe there are several problems in your "bio". (1) You have given would-be female suitors WAY TOO MUCH PERSONAL INFO. When you go on about some of your eccentricities; those would probably be a turn-off to most females. Just give them enough information so they can form an idea about you; but not enough, so they would have to contact you to find out more. Only accentuate your positive attributes. (2) In your bio, there seems to be an ambivalence bordering on schizophrenia. Indecisiveness is not attractive to most females. In fact, they might view it as a weakness. (3) If you do send e-mail messages to females you admire, compliment them and refer to something they wrote in their bio. That would show them that you admire them for more than their physical beauty. Compliment their beauty in a subtle way. Avoid sexual inferences and innuendos.

You seem to be young, intelligent, and friendly. Convey those sentiments to your female audience and you will do just fine.

Diligent's photo
Thu 10/08/09 11:02 PM
Do any of you forty-somethings recall the glory days of Ozzy Osbourne [with Randy Rhoades], Yngwie Malmsteen, Racer X, the early Motley Crue, AC-DC, Ratt, Dokken, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, etc.?

Man, those were the golden years of hard rock. I will never forget the raw power and emotion that the early Motley Crue played with [pre-1983]. Who could forget the high octave shrieks of Rob Halford? His live concert "high note" on "Screaming for Vengeance" rattled my eardrums. I will never forget the brilliance of Randy Rhoades. "Mr. Crowley" is a classic. It is a shame he died so young and so tragically. And the Scorpions, they were one of the first non-English European bands to achieve a breakthrough. The album "Lovedrive" was one of my high school favorites. One of my favorite albums of all time, and one of the very few without "filler songs" is "Back in Black" by AC-DC. You can play that album all the way through. I really liked Iron Maiden with singer Paul D'iano. They had a raw, primal sound. Though, Bruce Dickinson really took them to prominence. I know there are a million bands I left out. So, please add your thoughts about the 80's hard rock genre.

Diligent's photo
Thu 10/08/09 10:47 PM

Would like to know people's perspective on this.....

How do you know if someone you like .... really really likes you back?

Opinions please?

It has been my experience that women who have felt strongly about me seem to be in continuous contact. That would include: personal visits, phone conversations, e-mails, etc. When there is a mutual attraction, people want to be together. I know a woman is attracted to me when she laughs at my adolescent jokes, takes interest in things women would normally dislike, [football, boxing, etc.], and simply desires to be around me. Also, when someone really likes you, they feel at ease around you. They can relax and refrain from putting on false airs. Finally, there is an old adage, "out of sight, out of mind". Meaning, if there is not some kind of ongoing communication, this probably person does not feel as strongly about you as you would desire.

Diligent's photo
Wed 10/07/09 11:20 AM

asking if anyone has a scientific basis to BELIEVE in big foot is simply absurd. science does not promote BELIEVING in anything whatsoever. belief requires faith and faith just has no place in science. a sensable question might be, "has anyone seen reports of evidence that will withstand the severe scrutiny of scientific methodoly that supports a theory that big foot exists?" then the question would be answerable. to that question my answer is no. not one shred of evidence.

How is that absurd to ask for empirical validation of someone's views? At least in the religious context, one can see the earth, its geology, the various species upon it, as well as the cosmos. Obviously, we are here and the universe had to arise somehow. Either it was created by a divine being or through a geological process, or possibly both.

But, to give substance to mythological creatures without tangible proof IS ABSURD. The Bigfoot legend is nothing more than an incarnation of the "boogeyman". Every culture and primitive society has something comparable. You would think with all of the amateur enthusiasts and doctoral scientists looking for the creature, that they would have provided somehing definitive by now. They have not and cannot because such a being does not exist. It only exists in the minds of those who give it substance. That is not nearly enough to classify it as a living species.

Firsthand accounts are inherently unreliable as "evidence" or proof of anything, much less an unknown species. Let me give you an example. In the context of criminal cases, which generally rely on tangible evidence, "eyewitness identifications" have been shown to be at least 80% inaccurate. Why? Because most people are inattentive, the event unfolds too rapidly, they are too excited, something hindered an optimal view, etc. If 5 people saw an armed robbery, you would have 4 give an inaccurate description of the robber, all other things being equal. And here, we are talking about primitive people and yahoos providing much of the narrative through folklore and blundered expeditions. Human accounts should not be given much weight, even sworn accounts. Many purported Bigfoot sighters naturally seek to sell their accounts to media or tabloid journalists.

Scientists would love for the creature to exist because it would represent the "missing link" between Man and Ape. But, predominantly, the scientific community does not accept the existence of the Bigfoot Hominoid because there is nothing to base it on other than dubious accounts and fraudulent footprints and videos.

Diligent's photo
Wed 10/07/09 01:02 AM

(yada yada yada...) For that to happen, Bigfoot would have to actually exist.

Big feet are benign giants. Anybody can tell you that*. The explorers usually bring with them a virgin, and offer it to the huge foot who is in a menacing position. The virgin at this point gets flustered, and the Bigfoot retreats into its cave, rather than face a lifetime of tiny bigfeet and a harp for a wife. For bigfoot knows that the more virginal a woman is at age 37 (the usual age for female biology professorial assistants who are still sent out to field work, especially to field dangerous animals with large parts) the bigger harp she is than anyone can imagine. I know, I used to be married to one, and she's still a virgin, after 30 years of marriage and countless children and grandchildren. (We used to adopt like crazy. We both found this a humanitarian substitute to the unacceptable alternative of letting her propagate her genes.)

Bigfoot remains remain to be unearthed still, even at this late stage of the game. This is so because bigfeet, due to the high altitudes they occur in naturally, and due to the many stories circulated about them, are very good eats. They taste like chicken. When you're an explorer party, having been separated from your group, and having aimlessly foraging the forest for food, then you really welcome a huge giant with lots of protein to offer. Some lucky near-starved explorers happen to the Bigfoot nest, in which there is usually 2.45 eggs. (Canada Census, 1998.) If no eggs, but lots of bigfoot, the hungry explorer walks up to the bigfoot, and breaks its neck, and then he eats it like an eskimo wedding party.

You're rigth, OP, footprints are not tangible evidence. What you touch there (or tang) is the once-present void of the evidence. Foot prints do not contain the foot; so there is no tangible (touchable) evidence. Based on this, there is a gang of BigFeet that call themselves the Untangibles. (Intangibles.) They are in territorial warfare with the Cripes.

: [bears, wolves, mountain lions, moose, and even badgers].
Bears are omnivore scavengers. They don't hunt humans.
Woves don't hunt humans, but they don't refuse to eat human meat as hors d'euvres at sheepskin-parties. Mountain lions are too small to attack humans. If they did, the cougar population in Toronto would have hunted the Young Men population here to extinction by now. Moose are herbivores. Badgers -- I have no concept what a badger could be. An animal? Or random flying poisonous arrows, of no particular origins?

* the claim is actually true.

I DID SAY NOT that wolves, bears, and moutain lions HUNT HUMANS. I said they are dangerous and they can and do attack humans. Whether or not they intended the humans as prey is irrelevant. It would be foolish to venture into the woods of Washington State without a firearm. FYI..Moose are very large and have attacked humans. They weight up to a ton and could easily kill you. If you chance upon them in mating season, the males would be very likely to charge you.

Diligent's photo
Wed 10/07/09 12:40 AM

I consider myself to be an open-minded person. Just give me some tangible proof and a plausible explanation. I have watched numerous productions on "the search for Bigfoot". I have several observations which I will elaborate on. But, the most prominent aspect of these forays is that the expedition members rarely, if ever, TAKE A FIREARM with them. Now, if Bigfoot really exists, and they feel confident of encountering it; would they have anything to stop an agitated 800 pound Hominoid? If Bigfoot exists, and in the dimensions proffered, [7-9 feet tall, 500-800 pounds], it would have supernatural strength. An average lowland Gorilla, [5' 9" tall, 400 pounds], can bench press 4000 pound without practice! We could safely assume that a Bigfoot specimen would be able to match that, at the very least. From all accounts, the alleged Bigfoot specimens can run over 30 miles an hour! So, we have an alleged creature that could physically overpower any 5 men, and could outrun any sprinter. Hmmm...it would seem unwise to encounter this creature without an adequate means of defense. Even if they would not encounter Bigfoot, there are still dangerous creatures in the woods, [bears, wolves, mountain lions, moose, and even badgers].

I also find it quite curious that no skeletal remains have ever been found of an alleged Bigfoot specimen. I find it rather difficult to believe that all of the amateur enthusiasts and doctorate crypto-zoologists have not found a single bone! A skeletal specimen would satisfy me that the creature does exist.

Now, there are those who claim that the myriad "footprints" provide tangible proof of the creature's existence. Well, many of them have been proven to be fakes. And as for the other ones, anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of podiatry and biology could manufacture capable forgeries.

Finally, we have purported footage from amateur enthusiasts or hunters with grainy images. In some cases, the parties did have a firearm, which was not used. One would think sooner or later, there would be a yahoo who would chance upon the creature with a 300 Weatherby Magnum, kill the specimen, and ransom it to science for a fortune. For that to happen, Bigfoot would have to actually exist.

no skeleton remains of a bigfoot
well if you had read your history books in school
we studied on him and in one of the books they found a bigfoot frozen on a boat
i actually belive he exisit

You must be referring to the "Gigantopithecus" species of great ape. Those remains have been found. But, that creature lived thousands of years ago and is a distinct and extinct species. Bigfoot, if it exists, is a Hominoid, meaning it has human characteristics: [walking upright] etc. "Gigantopithecus" moved on all fours, like modern apes do. They are not the same species. Scientists believe that a Bigfoot might possibly be a descendant of "Gigantopithecus". But, they are not the same species, not remotely.

Diligent's photo
Tue 10/06/09 11:42 PM
I consider myself to be an open-minded person. Just give me some tangible proof and a plausible explanation. I have watched numerous productions on "the search for Bigfoot". I have several observations which I will elaborate on. But, the most prominent aspect of these forays is that the expedition members rarely, if ever, TAKE A FIREARM with them. Now, if Bigfoot really exists, and they feel confident of encountering it; would they have anything to stop an agitated 800 pound Hominoid? If Bigfoot exists, and in the dimensions proffered, [7-9 feet tall, 500-800 pounds], it would have supernatural strength. An average lowland Gorilla, [5' 9" tall, 400 pounds], can bench press 4000 pound without practice! We could safely assume that a Bigfoot specimen would be able to match that, at the very least. From all accounts, the alleged Bigfoot specimens can run over 30 miles an hour! So, we have an alleged creature that could physically overpower any 5 men, and could outrun any sprinter. Hmmm...it would seem unwise to encounter this creature without an adequate means of defense. Even if they would not encounter Bigfoot, there are still dangerous creatures in the woods, [bears, wolves, mountain lions, moose, and even badgers].

I also find it quite curious that no skeletal remains have ever been found of an alleged Bigfoot specimen. I find it rather difficult to believe that all of the amateur enthusiasts and doctorate crypto-zoologists have not found a single bone! A skeletal specimen would satisfy me that the creature does exist.

Now, there are those who claim that the myriad "footprints" provide tangible proof of the creature's existence. Well, many of them have been proven to be fakes. And as for the other ones, anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of podiatry and biology could manufacture capable forgeries.

Finally, we have purported footage from amateur enthusiasts or hunters with grainy images. In some cases, the parties did have a firearm, which was not used. One would think sooner or later, there would be a yahoo who would chance upon the creature with a 300 Weatherby Magnum, kill the specimen, and ransom it to science for a fortune. For that to happen, Bigfoot would have to actually exist.

Diligent's photo
Tue 10/06/09 11:03 PM
I have never supported the Green Bay Packers as a franchise or a team. But, I have always admired and respected Brett Favre as a man and as a professional athlete. When he was younger, he was the hottest "gunslinger" in town. I distinctly remember a playoff game in a winter snowstorm several years ago. I believe the Packer's opponent was the Falcons. I recall the sheer velocity on Favre's throws: cannon-like velocity in a tight spiral with laser guided accuracy. This, in spite of the snow, the wet conditions, and gusting winds.

Favre's efforts and child-like enthusiasm can't be questioned. The man has not missed a professional start in over 17 YEARS! Along the way, he has played through various injuries because his team needed him and because of his work ethic. Despite all of his records, Favre continues playing because he loves the game of football and he feels that he can help the Vikings achieve success. You know what, I agree with him. It has been a pleasure watching him perform on the football field, and the magical mystery tour is not over!

Diligent's photo
Tue 10/06/09 10:32 PM
In high school, I was a sprinter, [100-400 meter dashes]. I have not lost an ounce of speed in over 20 years. I discovered one thing during my formative running years. It became apparent to me that "long distance" running is not good for the skeletal system, joints, tendons, ligaments, shins, knees, and hamstrings. I incurred more injuries on our "5 mile endurance runs" than in competitive sprints, where you run to 100% of your physical effort. You could attain a GREATER DEGREE OF CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS on such indoor equipment as the "Schwinn Airdyne", where your joints are not taxed and the entire body receives a workout. Gratuitously punishing your body is not synonymous with cardiovascular fitness or aerobic capacity.

Diligent's photo
Tue 10/06/09 10:21 PM

Why does a guy start tripping wen he finds out that the gurl is really feeling him?

Men are "not always on the make". We sometimes like to "take things slow and easy". I have been contacted by several women who had other ideas. After a few e-mails, they figured there was more to our "relationship" than what really existed. It can get "creepy", with endless phone calls, text messages, and e-mails saying the same things. Particularly, on sites like "Mingle2", where the initial encounters are through messaging. Dating and the art of romance are not a race. Discerning people want to make sure they have common interests and get to know their significant others. Remember, serious relationships require a mutual attraction and commitment. It is not that men do not want those things, we have to come to that realization ourselves. Men do not like things or situations forced upon us. For the record, women are more likely to get what they want out of a relationship with subtlety than with blunt force. There is nothing to compare to the feminine wiles.

"the Great Mephisto"

Diligent's photo
Mon 10/05/09 11:39 PM
I was surfing on the web and came across a Karate pioneer named Mas Oyama. I began learning about his exploits and skills. Along the way, his supporters derided his contemporary Bruce Lee as being an "actor", who was a "fake", and "untested".

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Bruce Lee was much admired and revered IN HIS DAY for his fighting skill, physical fitness, and innovation. Bruce Lee gave many demonstrations of his fighting skill and martial arts theories. In fact, many of these demonstrations were against reigning kickboxing and karate champions in their prime.

Bruce Lee's concept of martial arts was to provide a practical and effective regimen for REAL LIFE STREET COMBAT. This is lost on his detractors. To Bruce Lee, the contemporary martial arts disciplines were too heavily laden with "forms" and "choreographed movements", that would prove too difficult to use in actual combat. Difficult in the sense, that many of the offensive and defensive movements required a specific sequence and a little cooperation from your opponent.

Many regard Bruce Lee's innovations and theories as harkening the concept of "mixed martial arts", as we know them today. No less an authority than UFC President Dana White has labeled Bruce Lee, "as the father of mixed martial arts". Legendary kickboxer and Tae Kwan Do Master Chuck Norris has said that, "no one he knew of could have defeated Bruce Lee in a real fight". This, coming from a man who was himself a world kickboxing champion. The last few years of his life, Bruce Lee was regarded as "one of the most dangerous men in the world". I know everyone is entitled to his opinion. But, I have seen Bruce Lee's demonstrations and I do not think many men, even many "masters", could have challenged Lee to a "real fight" with any reasonable chance of success.