Community > Posts By > Seamonster

Seamonster's photo
Sat 01/17/09 06:43 PM
Edited by Seamonster on Sat 01/17/09 06:44 PM

Well it is a "religion" founded by men of Rome, based on scripture written by men and taught and believed on faith and it cannot be proven or verified.

No, the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Christ were all empirically verifiable.

Consider Pauls words.

1 Cor 15:3-6 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep

Not true.

show me the "proof" of this resurrection.
If there was proof then we would not be haveing this discusion.

There is none.

Seamonster's photo
Sat 01/17/09 06:39 PM
 de-lu-sion  /dɪˈluʒən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-loo-zhuhn]

a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact:

A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness:

an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary

Seamonster's photo
Fri 01/16/09 05:50 AM

This is exactly the sort of conversation I would expect from those who intellectualize God & really don't try to KNOW Him.

Have your debate...your psuedo discussions...it will get you no closer to the Father.

How's that for comfort?

right, what you need to do is turn off your brains for thinking is a sin.
The only way to god is to just follow blindly and not think for yourself.
Just stand in line and follow.

Seamonster's photo
Fri 01/16/09 05:46 AM
Some of the laws he fulfilled.

Stone disobedeant children to death.

If a woman is raped she is to marry her rapest.

If you work on sat. you are to be stoned to death.

you may own and beat slaves.

and many many more......

Seamonster's photo
Thu 01/15/09 07:55 PM

If you don't have a takion field generator, you are seriously at risk for mind control.

I have always said that.

But because of the vogortalintans people don't listen.

Seamonster's photo
Thu 01/15/09 04:02 AM
Ya know what would be great?! if someone would post realy long articals from the internet that no-one will read.
Yeah that would be cool.

Although I would like to hear more about that crazy thigh bruseing sex!!:banana:

Seamonster's photo
Wed 01/14/09 07:08 PM

Yeah, all the television networks are watching me and many other targets; all the radio stations DJ's, all the reporters,
a lot of Hollywood; yeah, these people are actually all IN
on it, they are given the ability to know, so I guess they
have decided to use it somehow. Its actually an open secret.

there is nothing crazy about that, and if anyone says there is then their the ones thats crazy, yeah their crazy not you your the not crazy one, it's the other people the ones that say your crazy thats realy crazy.

The T.V. networks are realy run by aliens that look a great deal like Abe Vagoda.
The best way to keep them from reading your mind is to wear shoes on your head.

Then that will show em' they wont be able to read your mind if you have a shoe on your head then we'll just see who calls who crazy.

oh and hats on your feet help also.

Seamonster's photo
Tue 01/13/09 06:16 PM

listen, honey, I'm only crazy cuz they made me crazy.
You don't gotta believe it, ok?
But if you felt this head pain, you'd be perplexed to
say the least. And the sex, its something out of
this world, its makes me cry and it leaves bruises
on my inner thighs.

no no no your not crazy, no, of corse not, I ment the other person was crazy, the one thats not you.

Seamonster's photo
Tue 01/13/09 06:05 PM
this is now my favorite thred ever!!!

Yep, I can smell the crazy commin'.

Seamonster's photo
Tue 01/13/09 05:44 AM
Edited by Seamonster on Tue 01/13/09 05:46 AM
morality is not objective, obviously or there would be no debate on the subject.
Also, Religion does not offer morality it only offers obedience .
For instance, if I have two neighbors and one of them wants to kill me and steal my land but does not because his religion says it's wrong to do and the other neighbor just does not want to because it's wrong which one is moral?
Religion just breeds obedience not morality.
There is a diffrence.

And Pascals Wager is a joke because there are to many gods to choose from so how does one know they have chosen the correct one.

Seamonster's photo
Mon 01/12/09 08:34 PM

I dont see a problem with that analogy either. To a perosn who doesnt believe in all this, the concept of god being real is about as plausible as leprechauns existing. They might but no one can substantiate that and the bible simply makes it even more unlikely.

I'm not surprised. I don't suspect you know any more about Jesus than he does.

Yeah I guess I know about as much of Jesus as you know about Neanderthal man and basic Paleontology. The stuff they start teaching second graders. happy

No - I'm afraid you don't.

well it's a good thing we have you around to tell us what we know and don't know.laugh laugh

Seamonster's photo
Mon 01/12/09 07:16 PM

:tongue: Where is Morningsong and Milesthuselah when we need them?:tongue:

flowerforyou I think they would know what Yamin is talking about.flowerforyou

Yamin is not a Christian .

Neither is Miles.

ok now wait a min. how can you say who is or is not a christian?
I think Yamin is off her nut but she has not said anything any crazier than any other christian.
With your talking snakes and donkeys, and your dragons and unicorns.

Seamonster's photo
Mon 01/12/09 06:02 AM
even christians can't agree, and they all belong to the same cult.

Seamonster's photo
Sun 01/11/09 06:39 PM

happy This is the strangest thread I have seen in the GR forum to date. :tongue:

How does one go about "getting out of their own flesh"? That sounds dangerous to me. :tongue:

The Truth is stranger than fiction Krimsa. I not blowing in anybody ears to make them feel good like the false prophets, ministers, pastors, preachers, and priest are doing.

...and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

:smile: :heart: :smile: :heart: :smile: :heart:

Yamin

still wierd

Seamonster's photo
Sun 01/11/09 04:54 PM
ok thats just wierd.

Seamonster's photo
Sun 01/11/09 03:05 PM

Explain how it is they can't know.

Christians worship a book as the "word of God".

But that book has been shown to be so self-contradictive and self-inconsistent that it couldn't possibly be the word of any God.

So whether or not "a God" might exist abstractly is irrelavent. What we can know is that the biblical account of God can't be true because the biblical stories are self-conflicting.

I think atheists clearly have the upper hand when it comes to proof. Especially in light of the new Inflation theories that show how the universe could indeed start from nothing without violating the known laws of physics. There's no longer a need to have a God create it all from nothing.

Your post does nothing to explain how a person can't know there is a God.

And if there is any group of thinkers lacking proof to their beliefs - it's Atheists. They can do nothing to support their conjector that there is no God. Impossible to prove. Even you know that.

I can't prove that Thor does not exist so does that mean he does?
And Athiests do not have anything to prove because they are not the ones makeing the claim.

Your not explaining how it is I can't know there is a God. Would you just rather retract your statement?

again, You have no evidence what so ever so you can not know there is a god.
Well and be honest anyway, but I doubt you will let that detail stand in your way of makeing claims.If you are religious then honesty and evidence are your enemy.

I'm not "religious". What does that even mean?

I believe there is a God - and I believe God. The evidence I have is that there are promises He makes in his word, and He fullfills them. That is my evidence. I actually have more evidence for God than I do for any president I've ever had - none of whom have been able to keep their word, as well as any employer I've had - and even most of my friends. None of whom have been able to keep their promises. That's enough evidence for me. He keeps His promises.

So again I ask - how is it I cannot know there is a God?

if anyone says they know that leprechauns exist, they are just as valid as you saying you know your god does.
So I guess on that level you can, because you have just as much evidence.

Surely you can at least come up with a plausable analogy. And one of these posts maybe you'll answer my question. I doubt it though.

Would you rather retract your statement?

that analogy works fine.
So no, no retraction here.
Maybe you would like to retract yours.

Perhaps in your mind leprechauns are analogious to Jesus. That just demonstrates to me how little you know about Jesus.

Once again - you demonstrate an incapabality to responding to the direct question of "How a person can't know God?". I've wasted enough time asking it - it's obvious you have no clue what the answer to your own statement is, so retracting your statement isn't necessary, you've easily disqualified yourself from having your opinion even considered.

how many times do you need me to answer the same question?
Until it's the answer you want?
If my answer scares you then don't ask scary questions.

Seamonster's photo
Sun 01/11/09 10:48 AM

if god wrote the bible in the 60s we would all be droppin acid in church and hyms would be Zepplin and Beatle songs.

hmmmm now thats a god i could get behind.

Hmmm, think about it. Dinosaurs, Adam and Eve, talking snakes, murder and ..........
Hey wait, God already had access to that acid...

laugh laugh Good point

Seamonster's photo
Sun 01/11/09 09:02 AM
exactly but most christians don't think that far ahead.
Plus you would be suprized how many people just swallow that without question.

Seamonster's photo
Sun 01/11/09 08:46 AM

Ive never heard any excuse for those. huh

sure, that was the time.
or those were mans laws and they are just mentioned in the bible for some reason.

and the amputee thing well god just hates them.

"It was the time" does not cut it because why in the hell would that be portrayed as the "word of god"? huh

if god wrote the bible in the 60s we would all be droppin acid in church and hyms would be Zepplin and Beatle songs.

hmmmm now thats a god i could get behind.

Seamonster's photo
Sun 01/11/09 08:39 AM

Ive never heard any excuse for those. huh

sure, that was the time.
or those were mans laws and they are just mentioned in the bible for some reason.

and the amputee thing well god just hates them.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25