Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Mon 03/12/12 07:45 PM
Picky. No, wait, you said dwarfs, right? OK, then it's Groucho.

no photo
Mon 03/12/12 04:27 PM

Do you think its just the writer in us that analyzes it too much Lex? lol

There is that. But "I love pizza" and "I love Teresa" have two radically different meanings. Part of me is appalled by the idea that the same word can be used so fluidly in both contexts.

Totally its always the meaning we give it. I've know people who actually say, and I think they mean it: "I love ya" to their bf/gfs. I cringe when I hear that. Because its all in how they say it that matters. I gotta say, since being burned recently I favor loving food a whole lot more.

For me, it's largely an issue of clarity. If someone says "I'm gonna go kick that ocelot in the kidneys," I have a fairly good idea of what their intentions are.

If someone says "I love ya" -- not that anyone does anymore, but assuming this was back in the days when they did -- I don't know whether that means "I need your help" or "I'm going to need your help tomorrow" or "Please get me out of whatever mess I'm in today." But it certainly doesn't mean "I love ya" in any of the standard formats I would normally have attributed to it.

no photo
Mon 03/12/12 04:10 PM

Do you think its just the writer in us that analyzes it too much Lex? lol

There is that. But "I love pizza" and "I love Teresa" have two radically different meanings. Part of me is appalled by the idea that the same word can be used so fluidly in both contexts.

no photo
Mon 03/12/12 03:57 PM
I think it's one of those words like "good," that just has too many meanings and nuances to be of much use in anything but the vaguest of situations.

no photo
Mon 03/12/12 01:54 PM

am enjoying this topic...very funny. Cos i dont know how posting on forums is so important. Its only the jobless dudes that keep posting all day.....funny.

Hey hey now your posting lmao.....

I'm here and getting paid for it too...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, it was a little disconcerting to find out I was jobless....!!

no photo
Mon 03/12/12 06:55 AM

Interesting because I think both of you gentleman would compliment any number of peoples lives. Maybe you have more options than you realize just as you are. I could see enjoying a great conversation with either of you and neither one of you are hard on the eyes so I would think you could pick any number of smart ladies to persue. and then fine tune for the particular lifestyle that would meet your needs. One thing about gaining a few years some issues like having children resolve hemselves. LOl I know I am not about to try to start another family and I don't think that is so rare,

I feel like I have a lot to offer, and I hear the "easy on the eyes" thing a lot, so there is (in my mind, anyway) something there to work with. The problem is, no one actually sees me as "me" -- they see me as raw material to be turned into some other guy who is nothing at all like "me."

no photo
Sun 03/11/12 05:00 PM

I am wondering how much room folks would be willing to make in their life for a new person? Would it be a few minutes a day, week, or maybe more?

My life right now is the emptiest it's ever been, so I have plenty of time to devote to a new person. There just isn't anybody out there to devote it to.

For every Jack there is a Jill

For every Lex there is an Alexis (somewhere)

I thought that same thing, for years and years and years.

I hoped it was true.

But it turns out that all the Alexises (Alexii? I'm not sure what the plural form is) aren't interested in Lex, they're only interested in who they can turn Lex into....

no photo
Sun 03/11/12 01:09 PM

I am wondering how much room folks would be willing to make in their life for a new person? Would it be a few minutes a day, week, or maybe more?

My life right now is the emptiest it's ever been, so I have plenty of time to devote to a new person. There just isn't anybody out there to devote it to.

no photo
Sun 03/11/12 08:19 AM

I think Terri is talking about people on here having opinions of her and not the people she may be dating

That is correct. When I say I am seeing someone, people often and not all people obviously think I am in a serious committed relationships. Such things take time and getting to know a person. I don't believe in instantly committing to people.

If it was me, I would spend more time on the relationship and less time concerning myself with what other people think.

no photo
Sat 03/10/12 09:27 PM
Never never never. We have e-mail and IM right here on the site, there's no need to go off-site for any of that.

no photo
Sat 03/10/12 03:00 PM

But this site has been a godsend this last year as I recently moved to a new town and didn't know a soul

Definitely a godsend for me, too -- since moving to Indiana, the only "social life" I have is on line, and the best people I know are the ones on this site.

no photo
Sat 03/10/12 02:39 PM

but all in all it's a bit one dimensional

That's a perfect way to phrase it, as far as I've seen.

The ones I've seen who actually do appear to be looking for someone, are looking for a relationship so rigid and narrow and traditional in its parameters that I think they'd be better off going back to the Eisenhower administration.

Or, as I wrote in another thread yesterday, on a similar topic:

For me, there was a certain level of introductory naivete attached to the idea of suddenly having access to millions of people I could never possibly have known otherwise.

As it turns out, the millions of new people were no more interesting or compatible than all of the ones I already knew in real life. The macrocosm turned out to be nothing more than a much bigger version of the microcosm.

no photo
Sat 03/10/12 01:58 PM

think it's so unusual that two people hook up on a DATING web site? I mean not to be skeptic but there are a lot (not all) of really desperate people on every dating web site looking for "the one". Why are we always so amazed when two people who are actively looking for someone find each other in a a sea of people who are actively looking?

I guess for me, it's because my experience has been that most people on dating sites don't actually appear to be interested in the dating aspect of the site.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that someone can find "the one" on line, but the actual percentage of people who do get together, vs. the percentage who don't, seems way off from what it should be if people were legitimately looking for someone.

no photo
Sat 03/10/12 08:29 AM
For me, there was a certain level of introductory naivete attached to the idea of suddenly having access to millions of people I could never possibly have known otherwise.

As it turns out, the millions of new people were no more interesting or compatible than all of the ones I already knew in real life. The macrocosm turned out to be nothing more than a much bigger version of the microcosm.

no photo
Fri 03/09/12 07:58 PM

a male who sees dating as a quest to conquer is doomed to fail

I agree with this -- we're not barbarian hordes, living in an era when conquering took precedence over everything else.

On the other hand, I have learned that even a non-conquerino such as myself, who is concerned with communication, commitment, and a desire to build a meaningful relationship, is no less doomed to failure.

So I'm wondering if it makes any real difference in the long run....?

no photo
Fri 03/09/12 11:16 AM
Some thIngs Never chanGe regardLEss....

no photo
Fri 03/09/12 07:33 AM

What quality do you have that makes you aattractive to others?

I don't think I really am attractive to others, or at least I've seen very very little to indicate this.

Trying to be objective and see things in myself from an outside perspective, I would think that my intellect, sense of humor, and creativity would be considered attractive, but evidently these are not the kinds of things people are interested in....

What about yourself do you think themay be hindering you from finding the one?

People tell me I'm "intimidating and complicated" a lot, which I really don't see at all, but that's their perception. I suppose for some, the no-kids, no-drinking thing is a disincentive. The Asperger's thing probably doesn't help a lot, either!

no photo
Thu 03/08/12 06:50 PM

Do you like it when women wear makeup? Dark, light?

It's her face, she can do whatever she wants to with it. It's not about what I like, it's about what she likes.

Everything else being equal though, I will admit to an irrational attraction to gobs and gobs of eyeliner.

no photo
Thu 03/08/12 04:36 PM

if you were ready to have kids,
would you rather have the man or woman carry the baby?

There's one conundrum I'll never have to worry about....

no photo
Thu 03/08/12 04:34 PM

Where is the line between genius and madness?

I don't think it's a line at all -- I think it's more like a huge gray area.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25