Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 03:16 PM

Scary world, equally frightening is the people inside said world. Have anyone of you guys taken a chance and confessed how you felt for somebody you loved? Thrown caution to the wind sorta speak? For the first time I did. I actually feel kind of liberated, regardless of the reaction. Certainly feels like a weight has been lifted. Feel all growd up. bigsmile

I've done it, probably wouldn't again. People try to take advantage of that sort of thing.

no photo
Mon 02/27/12 04:38 PM

If you have a bad Experience why take the chance of repeating that same experience.

I will Not get married again...

Same here. It was the worst experience of my life.

no photo
Mon 02/27/12 10:39 AM
I'm smarter and better-looking in person.

no photo
Sun 02/26/12 07:12 PM

Do you believe That there is someone for everyone?

No, not everyone is willing to be with someone. IF you want to be with someone, there is someone out there for you, but if you don't want to find them, you won't.

What if you're willing to be with someone, but no one is willing to be with you....?

Then maybe you're not willing to be with someone, but would like to be with someone?

I'd like to be with someone, and I'm willing to be with someone -- there just isn't anybody out there who matches up well with me.

no photo
Sun 02/26/12 02:48 PM

Do you believe That there is someone for everyone?

No, not everyone is willing to be with someone. IF you want to be with someone, there is someone out there for you, but if you don't want to find them, you won't.

What if you're willing to be with someone, but no one is willing to be with you....?

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 05:48 PM

LOL Oh boy...

@ Lex

What I find particularly dark is the forever part. Life is not forever like Bianca said. We're not going to feel so down all the time (least me). Maybe its more deeper rooted in something else. This is the natural course of things. I feel like we all have some sort of destiny in each of us to live out. Its not written out in some book.

Yes, and the problem I seem to have with this is that most people are completely stuck on the idea that we're all supposed to live the same sort of life the same sort of way.

I am constantly being told "I can't believe you're still single!" -- when, in order for me not to be single, I'd have to run across someone who was totally different from anyone I've ever been involved with up till now.

I don't think it's the "being alone" that creates the problem so much as people's perceptions, attitudes, and opinions on it. There was a point when I finally realized that these people are not me, they're not living my life, they're not seeing what I see, making my decisions, etc. -- so there was no point in my giving their views on my singlehood any credence whatsoever.

They're taking a very narrow, cookie-cutter mindset and trying to pigeonhole everybody else into it. And that just doesn't always work.

So now, when someone says "I can't believe you're still single!" I just say "Have you seen what's OUT there?" That usually shuts them up.

Why are we so judged? Why are we always told this how we need to be? Relationship/Marriage/Long Term: you're accepted into the club, all is well and the other side of coin, when you're perfectly fine telling people that being alone isn't so detrimental as its made out to be; its poison talk. Why is it always one or the other I feel?

Maybe I can't ignore the feeling that comes with it, not to say I listen to the crowd saying this is how I should feel; just those moments, those tiny moments where you're still being truly honest with yourself. Your need to connect and feel it almost selfishly returned back. You miss it. You miss being desired.

I feel like that response to someone saying "why are you still single?" (which is really what they're asking) needs to be the staple answer for other people trying to pigeonhole us for accepting reality. Maybe I am just too influenced by the common man rules and regulations. And I know this. How do you break out of that mindset? Maybe that's why I feel so doomed. laugh

When pressed on the issue, I will tell people that I'm still single because I haven't found anyone worth being with. That may sound a little harsh, but I really do think it's entirely accurate.

It took me a long time to break away from the "I'm supposed to be with somebody" mindset. The thing that finally did it was when I sat down and made an honest assessment of the positives and negatives of all my prior relationships. It was not a pretty sight.

The other thing that helped (eventually) was simply being able to see past the societal expectation, the inertia, the stay-inside-the-traditional-box mentality that people have been foisting off on me all my life. Once I was able to admit that I did NOT want what my parents had, etc., it was a little easier to accept that my own preferences carried more value than other people attribute to them.

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 03:16 PM

Very good point Lex........

Truth is why do I have to be seen as a lonely, pathetic human....

Just because I CHOOSE to be single at this point in my life????

My preception is....for now I am happy that way and I'm working on some things in me I want to alter. Not correct but alter.

But for others who are not "Alone"....they don't understand this.
Do I have my moments when it drags me down???
YES
I am just thankful that I have a place like this, where I can discuss it with people like me.

I don't understand why it always has to become a......Debate.
Some folks just don't get it!!!!

As for the OP.......again I say.....Cudos.....
Keep postin what ya feel!!!!

Some people operate with the "I know what's best for everyone" mentality. Even though they never really do, because there IS no "what's best" for EVERYONE.

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 03:13 PM

somewhere around 6 years..
<--- it's under my pic!

nice to see some of the old gang still here too.. (((Iam))) (((E))) drinker

Ah, one of my old favorites resurfaces....!

shades

LEX ma man!!! flowerforyou bigsmile WOOHOO.. this day is getting BETTER n Better by the minute.. ((((((((((LEX))))))))) good to see you again.. you still writing? how's things? been too long huh.. time for catch-up!! drinker

Yeah, still writing -- eighth book should be out in April or May -- nothing else going on whatsoever! So, are you gonna be on here a little more now? (I hope!)

shades

AWEsome.. 8?? really?? man.. I missed a LOT haven't I.. laugh

well.. that IS the plan.. I need SOME distractions from all the stress of being overworked AND underapreciated!!! who DOESN'T huh laugh

I admit.. it IS wonderful to be greeted with such affection from you AND (((((((E)))))))

ahhhhh.. WAIT!! there's something STRANGE going on with ma FACE!!!!!!!!! noway OMG!! I'm SMILING!!!!!!!! laugh man.. those muscles have been SOOO lacking use lately.. ahhhhhhhh.. yup.. I think I WILL stick around for awhile :wink:

It's nice to see someone we have some history with, ya know?

And if you're looking for distractions, this place is full of them!

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 03:11 PM

If Kevin Bacon WAS on here.....he would be handcuffed to my bedpost....devil devil devil

"Last seen over a month ago."

"Last seen" by anyone else that is.devil oops

And this is why I continue to have some reservations about the whole "celebrity" thing....!

As long as Kathy Bates doesn't become a fan, you will be fine!!

Yeah, she can just keep that there ol' big sledgehammer away from my feet....

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 03:06 PM

LOL Oh boy...

@ Lex

What I find particularly dark is the forever part. Life is not forever like Bianca said. We're not going to feel so down all the time (least me). Maybe its more deeper rooted in something else. This is the natural course of things. I feel like we all have some sort of destiny in each of us to live out. Its not written out in some book.

Yes, and the problem I seem to have with this is that most people are completely stuck on the idea that we're all supposed to live the same sort of life the same sort of way.

I am constantly being told "I can't believe you're still single!" -- when, in order for me not to be single, I'd have to run across someone who was totally different from anyone I've ever been involved with up till now.

I don't think it's the "being alone" that creates the problem so much as people's perceptions, attitudes, and opinions on it. There was a point when I finally realized that these people are not me, they're not living my life, they're not seeing what I see, making my decisions, etc. -- so there was no point in my giving their views on my singlehood any credence whatsoever.

They're taking a very narrow, cookie-cutter mindset and trying to pigeonhole everybody else into it. And that just doesn't always work.

So now, when someone says "I can't believe you're still single!" I just say "Have you seen what's OUT there?" That usually shuts them up.

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 02:59 PM

If Kevin Bacon WAS on here.....he would be handcuffed to my bedpost....devil devil devil

"Last seen" by anyone else that is.devil oops

And this is why I continue to have some reservations about the whole "celebrity" thing....!

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 02:55 PM

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 02:52 PM

i coment alot lately to the threads and forums but people hardly ever reply back to me. i know i used to come online when i was only high and was alot of times a jerk but i stopped smokeing and now try to start fresh and it seems people ignore me still

Don't feel bad, they ignore me, too. And I'm only seven levels away from being a low-grade celebrity.

Oh come on, Lex... I am sure you are only three degrees from Kevin Bacon...maybe only one, I heard he reads a lot....

I don't know if he reads sci-fi, though!

And if Kevin Bacon was on here, HE would get some attention!

shades

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 02:50 PM

I did have misgivings bringing up the topic....

I didn't think anyone would relate as it is a bit dark and depressing.

It can be dark and depressing.

Reality is sometimes dark and depressing.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't have the opportunity to discuss it.

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 02:36 PM

i coment alot lately to the threads and forums but people hardly ever reply back to me. i know i used to come online when i was only high and was alot of times a jerk but i stopped smokeing and now try to start fresh and it seems people ignore me still

Don't feel bad, they ignore me, too. And I'm only seven levels away from being a low-grade celebrity.

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 12:55 PM

<--- it's under my pic!

shades

LEX ma man!!! flowerforyou bigsmile WOOHOO.. this day is getting BETTER n Better by the minute.. ((((((((((LEX))))))))) good to see you again.. you still writing? how's things? been too long huh.. time for catch-up!! drinker

Yeah, still writing -- eighth book should be out in April or May -- nothing else going on whatsoever! So, are you gonna be on here a little more now? (I hope!)

shades

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 12:46 PM

<--- it's under my pic!

shades

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 11:28 AM

I'm really not sure there is a woman out there...anywhere..
Who........
could put up with my smart@zz ways.......
and not want.....
Children!
Doomed??????????????
Guess so..........

ohwell noway ohwell

Once you put the "no kids" thing out there, you might as well just pack it in....

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 10:19 AM

So have you guys reached the point in your lives where you know you're going to be single forever?

What is it that somebody always says? When you stop searching there's light at the end of the tunnel? Yeah *burps* that's exactly how it works for everyone. Some of us are just doomed I feel. I think I could accept someone I like never feeling the same way, I think I'm getting used to it. Ever feel like you're cursed? People are just too far away and too blind to see you?

I've accepted the idea that there is simply nobody out there. I'm not ecstatically happy about it, but I recognize the reality.

And I've heard all of the hackneyed cliches about "It shows up when you stop looking" and "There's somebody for everybody," and I'm here to tell you that none of that is true. Not for me, anyway.

I don't think I'm cursed, but I will concede that people are too far away and/or too blind to see me.

no photo
Sat 02/25/12 10:12 AM
I'm trying to become a better writer, and I'm trying to learn more about a lot of different subjects.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25