Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Thu 03/08/12 03:36 PM
Yes, intelligence is at the very top of the list. I'm really really tired of dating people who think a neutrino is some kind of pasta dish.

no photo
Wed 03/07/12 11:08 AM

Ever apologize in public?

I have. It's no big deal. I've had lots of practice at being wrong.

no photo
Mon 03/05/12 10:09 AM

I am very much a private person but sometimes you just have to let it out. What do you do when you experience this pain?

I'm sort of on the fence here. While I'd be the first to admit that being alone can be painful, my experience has been that being with someone always turns out to be much worse.

no photo
Sun 03/04/12 07:01 PM

people who approach you but never post in forum ever ever ever???

When I get those, they are always either a.) obvious scammers or b.) one-word messages like "Hi" or "Hello." I don't respond to them either way.

I would reply to the not-quite-obviously-scammers if they wrote something relevant, something more than one word, but that never happens.

I find it out that out of nowhere, they see a picture and usually don't even read my blurb and then say they like me. What are your thoughts?

I get lots of e-mails saying they saw my profile and they think I'm interesting, and they're looking for a good man to settle down and start a family with. That's how I know they didn't actually read my profile. These almost always turn out to be scammers, and they've probably sent the exact same message to 2,488,943 other people.

I got more men looking for a "good Christian woman to start a family with".

Same here, and I think I've bludgeoned the world with my "No Kids" policy long enough that anybody who doesn't get it is either blind or on serious medication.

I find it very odd when I am friends with soooooooooooooo many good Christian women on here who want children. Why the heck are they writing me and not them?????

One of the incomprehensible mysteries of life -- why go after after a guy with an immutable "No Kids" policy and try to change him, when there are 2,927,552 men on here who are totally OK with kids?

I'll never understand people....

no photo
Sun 03/04/12 01:44 PM

they're going to lie to me and tell me they don't want kids when they really do.

I can not even fathom wanting to date someone that actually lied about having their own children. Regardless of whether or not I'm open to date someone with or without kids, the fact that you lied and denied your own children for a date, makes me think you're awful.

Let me clarify this.

I don't date women with kids. Period. When I meet someone without kids (or when I used to, back in the pre-Civil war days -- it never happens anymore), I make it very clear that I'm not interested in a relationship that would eventually LEAD to having kids. I'm a non-parent till death.

Almost every gf I've ever had, has told me, in the beginning, that they don't want kids either. This is important, because there isn't even going to be a relationship otherwise.

But, inevitably, it turns out they have lied. They really DO want kids, but they won't admit it until they think I'm hooked -- usually 3 months into the relationship.

My point in the earlier post was that it's happened so often that it's difficult for me to imagine it NOT happening.

no photo
Sun 03/04/12 01:09 PM
Oh, I totally identify with this one. From the "selection" angle.

Although it's been years since I met anyone I'd even consider as a dating prospect, I do have this thing in the back of my mind that, if I ever do meet anyone, they're going to lie to me and tell me they don't want kids when they really do.

In my defense, when you've had that exact same thing happen to you 90 times in a row, you come to expect it as an inevitability!

And I suppose this could be a problem if a "real" person ever actually shows up....!

shades

no photo
Sat 03/03/12 06:51 PM
Happy Birthday, Soufie!

And keep up the great work!!!

shades

no photo
Sat 03/03/12 04:11 PM

In a relationship, do you have more traditional values or more modern?

Give examples of each so that I know what you are talking about.

A traditional relationship is the whole Working man, and the wife stays home with the kids, cleans the house, cooks. That kind of thing.

And Modern is the opposite. lol

Then I'd have to say "None of the above"!

no photo
Fri 03/02/12 09:03 PM
Let's put this in perspective.

Would you refuse to date someone because of their shoe size? I mean, unless their feet are freakishly huge, let's say the size of aircraft carriers, it wouldn't make any difference to me.

Would you refuse to date someone because you didn't like their Social Security Number?

Would you reject someone because their IQ score didn't measure up? (I would, but we're talking in general for everybody, in this instance.)

Would you turn someone down just because they paid too much for car insurance? The least you could do is tell them about Geico.

no photo
Fri 03/02/12 07:38 PM
Alfred Hitchcock on bagpipes: "These are bagpipes. I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made sound never equalled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig."

no photo
Fri 03/02/12 07:55 AM
eHarmony said it best: "Unmatchable."

no photo
Thu 03/01/12 05:07 PM
I have one I've been on and off with for the last 12 years, and frankly I'm getting tired of it. But she is so smart and creative and funny and....she even did the covers and page formatting for my first two books. But she just can't stick to a commitment, and that's a problem....

As for my other exes, I'd just as soon throw all of them into an active volcano. And I'm quite sure they'd say the same about me!

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 07:35 PM
Age tells you how many times a person has ridden the planet around the sun. A lot of people seem to think there's a correlation between age and wisdom or maturity or whatever, but I have seen little evidence of any such correlation.

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 04:27 PM

Update: I've officially given up. I tried. Now my head hurts, where's the Whiskey???

I am with you as I too have given up but I really would prefer Rum. bigsmile

Yup, I've given up too. I will spend the rest of my days writing books, and hopefully some people will get some enjoyment out of them.

Hey Lex, maybe we should start a "Given Up" club.

That's not a bad idea! Especially if it will help inform the change-mongers that their interference is NOT needed....!

Lex we need more pitchlines. This is gonna be big!!

"Don't try to fix me. I'm not broken."

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 04:27 PM

Update: I've officially given up. I tried. Now my head hurts, where's the Whiskey???

Yup, I've given up too. I will spend the rest of my days writing books, and hopefully some people will get some enjoyment out of them.

That's not a bad idea! Especially if it will help inform the change-mongers that their interference is NOT needed....!

Quite right but I think they are only trying to be supportive.

They're trying to con me into supporting their 26 kids, that's what they're trying to do....

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 04:22 PM

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 04:01 PM

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 01:55 PM
Here's an example:

My ex-wife could not spell or pronounce the word "ghosts."

But I didn't divorce her for it.

It took me finding about her drug use for me to do that!

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 01:00 PM
Knowing the source here, I'm going to say it's "Eye love two play wet mice elf."

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 12:45 PM
Little habits and quirks are no big deal.

I've just got a few definitive deal-breakers. Avoid those and anything is possible.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25