Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 12:01 PM

Same here. I'm not at all ambiguous or vague about what I'm looking for in a partner. Then they tell me they're looking for the same thing, only they're not. Why pretend? How am I supposed to build a relationship with someone when she won't even tell me what she really wants out of it?

You don't see this initially, only hits you head on a mile away when the unnecessary judgements come into play. If people talked more, they really would understand you, if they cared to. Turns out its their own feelings they are worried about, not yours.

Absolutely.

And I've had it happen often enough that I now expect it as an inevitability.

For most people, there is a wholly preconceived agenda that overrules anything and everything else....

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 11:54 AM

No compromise, no mutuality. His way. End of.

My thoughts...exactly this.

Basically, he wants to dictate the terms of the 'relationship' or he's gone. My way or the highway baby laugh

I guess you would never think this getting to know the "good" side of them, when they actually do talk.

A smart control freak knows all the right areas to probe before he ever gives off any signs of being what he is. He has to check for useful vulnerabilities and clues that will let him know what to say and how to act in order to get the person comfortable....

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 11:44 AM

"We are not going to do things on your terms"

...wtf does that mean?

My immediate thought is self-absorbed control freak.

I predicted this. Not completely sure. Could be other things internally. Knowing the secrecy of course no one would admit to it.

Funny, I thought some people were more give than take.

Some people are.

Some people pretend to be.

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 11:27 AM

"We are not going to do things on your terms"

...wtf does that mean?

My immediate thought is self-absorbed control freak.

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 11:20 AM

Exactly! There is no point in a relationship if you cannot say what you want out of it, or if you don't even know!

You should see some of the e-mails I get. They want to argue about it -- tell me why what I want is wrong, why my preferences are wrong. I mean -- OK, a little presumptuous here, aren't we? Always from women with kids who want to tell me why I'd be better off with a woman with kids. Uh, no, I've done that already and, uh, no thanks.

But I don't try to tell them that THEY'RE wrong -- it's simply not my place to do so. I think everybody has the right to determine their OWN preferences and deal-breakers, and age is often one of them....

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 11:04 AM

Awe Lex I just made it. Just two bitty shades over. Single parents? Been there. OVER that. Tired of the crazy drama.

Honestly, if I had a nickel for every ex who tried to con me into parenthood, I would have enough for several 2-liter bottle of Pepsi. How sad is that? Am I wearing a sign that says "Change me!" -- ??

What sucks about that is you really don't think that's what they're after right away.

Exactly! It takes 90 days before they muster up the nerve to try to turn me into the perfect lame sitcom dad.

The thing that I don't get -- if that's who they want (not that there's anything wrong with that), why not go after THAT guy in the first place? Wouldn't that make more sense than trying to get with the OPPOSITE of that guy, and then trying to TURN him INTO that guy?

This is why I avoid going outside. scared There's people there you know? Phuck, trying to turn me into a zombie as well. Not just a parent but men totally want you to be a certain way. I'm sorry I am a straight shooter here. And it AIN'T on my own terms. I told you how I felt and now you're playing games. I just get tired of all the bs drama.

Same here. I'm not at all ambiguous or vague about what I'm looking for in a partner. Then they tell me they're looking for the same thing, only they're not. Why pretend? How am I supposed to build a relationship with someone when she won't even tell me what she really wants out of it?

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 10:07 AM

Awe Lex I just made it. Just two bitty shades over. Single parents? Been there. OVER that. Tired of the crazy drama.

Honestly, if I had a nickel for every ex who tried to con me into parenthood, I would have enough for several 2-liter bottle of Pepsi. How sad is that? Am I wearing a sign that says "Change me!" -- ??

What sucks about that is you really don't think that's what they're after right away.

Exactly! It takes 90 days before they muster up the nerve to try to turn me into the perfect lame sitcom dad.

The thing that I don't get -- if that's who they want (not that there's anything wrong with that), why not go after THAT guy in the first place? Wouldn't that make more sense than trying to get with the OPPOSITE of that guy, and then trying to TURN him INTO that guy?

no photo
Wed 02/29/12 07:00 AM

18-35 is the stage where we resolve intimacy and family. I would think you would look for someone who has already defined that stage if your reason for dating that group is true. The age group youve selected is still figuring out the kids idea.

The one girlfriend I had who was actually honest about not wanting kids, told me she knew from about age 14-15 that she would never want them. So it is possible for some people to reach that decision earlier than others. I made the decision at 22, so it isn't like we all have to wait to be 35 before we have it figured out.

35 and up is the stage where they find satisfaction in work and creativity. I cant buy your reasoning. Doesnt make sense. Your either looking in the wrong group or kidding yourself about the reason youre looking there.

If I spent any time concerning myself about people's opinions of my reasoning, I'd be trapped in a pathetic and futile marriage with x number of kids, no happiness, and I would never have written anything worth reading.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 09:12 PM

I have a thematic cut-off point around age 25 -- I think it's unlikely I would date anyone older than that. But that's only because 114% of women over 25 have kids, and only 103% of women 18-25 have them.

yes Lex and of that 103% 205% either want kids or will want them within the next year or two....

My statistics say that it's 212.6% for calendar year 2009 (the last year for which complete figures are currently available).

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 08:17 PM

Well, if you fall in the ocean with a wet suit on you won't get wet. :P

If you fall into the sun, you won't get wet either. Unless I have a serious misunderstanding of how the sun works.

I'll just take your word for it on that one. You've never steered me wrong before.

I try really hard never to steer anyone into the sun. It reduces the pool of potential readers.....

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 08:10 PM

Well, if you fall in the ocean with a wet suit on you won't get wet. :P

If you fall into the sun, you won't get wet either. Unless I have a serious misunderstanding of how the sun works.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 08:03 PM

I've done the kid drama, and it is too much baggage! If there was no drama, then I wouldn't mind it... lol

That's about as likely as falling into the ocean without getting wet....!

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 07:55 PM

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 07:46 PM
I have a thematic cut-off point around age 25 -- I think it's unlikely I would date anyone older than that. But that's only because 114% of women over 25 have kids, and only 103% of women 18-25 have them.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 07:42 PM

Words from the heart. And beautifully done.

noway OK,,,,,:angry: WHO ARE YOU,,and WHERE'S LEX???
IF YOU HURT HIM I WILL RIP YOU SLOWLY APART!!!!grumble

:heart: Kidding ya Lex,,But DUDE,,,THIS,,,is like ,,,,well,,,not your norm here for me to get from you,,,I REALLY feel HONORED Lex..
You have never given me a beautifully done,, comment...
and ITS very becoming from you now to see... Thank YOU!

Either YOUR really feeling generous tonight,,lol,or my writing is taking a better turn for the good?....drinker
But honestly,,this was very nicely received...

Truth is, I don't spend a lot of time in the poetry forum.

But when I'm in here, and something grabs my attention, I don't have a problem with making a comment on it.

And yours is good, and I like it a lot. The imagery is practically cinematic in some lines. I don't know much about poetry, but I know what I like.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 05:36 PM
Words from the heart. And beautifully done.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 05:02 PM

A few centuries ago, KarolinMarie would have been considered "normal".

A few centuries ago, most 35-year-olds had already been dead for a few years.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 04:56 PM

Scary world, equally frightening is the people inside said world. Have anyone of you guys taken a chance and confessed how you felt for somebody you loved? Thrown caution to the wind sorta speak? For the first time I did. I actually feel kind of liberated, regardless of the reaction. Certainly feels like a weight has been lifted. Feel all growd up. bigsmile

I've done it, probably wouldn't again. People try to take advantage of that sort of thing.

So? Let them show their true colors. People can only "take advantage" if you let them.

Historically, I'm kind of an idiot on this sort of thing. Easier not to be in that position in the first place.

You have a point Lex, though I think its really hard to predict anything when it comes to expressing how you feel. But I feel Jeannie has a point too. But I don't get mad at guys for not feeling the same. Its all luck. There are other factors but I'm starting to believe its a lot more simple than people think.

But I also have the George Costanza thing going on: "When you like them, they don't like you. When they like you, you don't like them!!"

It's a curse, I tell ya....!

shades

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 04:52 PM

I'm always judged for "looking" at older men. I'm 18, and the age range I usually like to go for is 25-35. I don't see how it is something so bad. Age is nothing to me, it's about the person :)

The people judging you have no business saying anything. They're not you, they haven't led your life, they're not in charge of making decisions for you.

Everybody has their own preferences, and it's nobody's place to say anyone else's preferences are wrong. I hear it all the time, and I've gotten to the point that I just ignore it.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 03:58 PM

Scary world, equally frightening is the people inside said world. Have anyone of you guys taken a chance and confessed how you felt for somebody you loved? Thrown caution to the wind sorta speak? For the first time I did. I actually feel kind of liberated, regardless of the reaction. Certainly feels like a weight has been lifted. Feel all growd up. bigsmile

I've done it, probably wouldn't again. People try to take advantage of that sort of thing.

So? Let them show their true colors. People can only "take advantage" if you let them.

Historically, I'm kind of an idiot on this sort of thing. Easier not to be in that position in the first place.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25