Community > Posts By > sweethouston713

sweethouston713's photo
Wed 11/19/08 07:50 PM

Some beautiful souls writing in this thread...

Very nice to see...

sweethouston713's photo
Wed 11/19/08 07:05 PM

For me personally the best way to overcome the holiday 'blues' is by reaching out to others who need a little kindness.

It's absolutely impossible to help someone else out, without getting something back as well.

This will be my second holiday season without the man I loved so dearly. Last year was very difficult, as he had only passed away 6 months before. Even though it was very difficult, I made myself go volunteer at the Children's Hospital, which we had done together previous years...-and got involved with other charities needing help.

Yes, sometimes I still cried, and was very aware that his physical prescence wasn't around me -- but by reaching out to others I truly felt his spirit was there.

This year I will do the same thing...

It's just a part of life -- that no matter how bad it seems we have it, there are always others who suffer a great deal more. It's making their Holidays a little easier, that helps brighten my own.

& hopefully will help many of you as well.

Thanks for this topic, it was beautifully written.

sweethouston713's photo
Wed 11/19/08 06:51 PM

one yellow rose always makes me smile...

sweethouston713's photo
Wed 11/19/08 05:24 AM

It's 44 here right now, I'm in Houston, Texas.

& I slept with a heating blanket wrapped around me and the heat on too. Anything below 60 and I'm freezing...

living up north would be the end of me, ha...

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:03 PM

uh oh -- now he's going Caveman on us too...ha

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:58 PM

baby seal coats are warm ok,that might be over the line...

bad bad BAD boy!!!! Poor little seals...

(step back over to the other side of the line please...)

sorrytears

it's okay, buy me a good steak dinner and it's forgotten ;)

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:56 PM

baby seal coats are warm ok,that might be over the line...

bad bad BAD boy!!!! Poor little seals...

(step back over to the other side of the line please...)

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:55 PM

Recently Harvard researchers proved that soybean products can significantly lower ones sperm count... It's like gods way of saying vegans should not breed

interesting and funny at the same time...

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:53 PM

K - I checked it out while brushing my teeth a few minutes ago, and yes, it is possible to not wiggle the booty while brushing IF you brush very very slow and easy... ha

BUT - when brushing your teeth properly nope, it's not possible...

(*side note here*...try the new Crest Wintergreen Ice toothpaste, you'll love it!)

Purely for the advancement of science, could you digitally record it and email it to me so I can forward to my associates at the university?

"butt" of course ;)

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:48 PM

Just had a gal from England tell me she hopes my family dies a slow painfull death because I hunt....WTF..?

sounds like a very sick individual...block her.

sorry that was said to you...

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:40 PM

K - I checked it out while brushing my teeth a few minutes ago, and yes, it is possible to not wiggle the booty while brushing IF you brush very very slow and easy... ha

BUT - when brushing your teeth properly nope, it's not possible...

(*side note here*...try the new Crest Wintergreen Ice toothpaste, you'll love it!)

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:29 PM

- on my way to get ready for bed....now there's no way possible for me to brush my teeth and not check out what my booty is doing...thanks!! ha

(will post back in a few minutes..I'm going to try NOT to wiggle...)

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:13 PM

<------------- "Pugsy"

A 13 week old female Pug. Bought her over the weekend for my daughter. What a great dog!

so so so so so SO cute! "Pugsy" fits her too...

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 07:41 PM
Edited by sweethouston713 on Tue 11/18/08 07:43 PM

i think you need someone to watch your bum while brushing
i just tried to see if mine was wiggleing and i turned to fast and my tooth brush is now lodged in my throat
thanks danlaugh

^ That was hilarious...poor TJN...

I personally just like the word wiggle...makes you smile when you say it or read it...and made me start to wiggle around in my chair, ha...

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 07:30 PM

I was in the tile store yesterday and overheard the following conversation: TILE STORE GUY "It's a good thing women got what they got or they'd all be slaves" TILE STORE LADY "yeah well...It's a good thing men got what THEY got or they'd all be men"

I didn't begin to feel any pangs of resentful indignance until I was driving out of the parking lot...grumble

? I don't get it...'splain please ;)

You guys crack me up... needing help with the laundry, microwave and figuring out bleach.

Bad boys!

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 06:53 PM

When someone TRULY loves another, they wouldn't even think of cheating on them - no matter what. Even when times are tough, or when disagreements happen from time to time (those are part of life)...

I have been lucky enough to experience what the best kind of love should be like - and it really isn't capable of breaking your heart, making you cry from being hurt by them, and never ever sharing your body with another.

When it's "love" there is no chance of that happening...

It's hard to realize that I'm sure; but isn't it better to move on and prepare yourself for the right kind of love, than to hold on to one that's already damaged?

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 06:28 PM

:thumbsup: And for the life of me i cant figure out why. Now in no way should the following be misconstrued as conceeded, Im just awhere of how I behave in a relationship. I open doors, get flowers, compliment, pamper, massage, sing,..whatever goofy adam sandler gesture that comes up to make a girl smile. I have a good fashion sense, i think im good looking enough. i feel as if im the package that woman talk **** about desiring but when they have it they flush it away quicker than it started, and of course the jerk gets the girl. for someone reason I get along with older woman better, i guess theyve been screwed over enough so now they appreciate little gestures....idk i know the peanut gallerys gonna chime in but if anyone can offer opinions that would be great!waving

Maybe try to do the 'little gestures' you spoke of less often...someone who is always so polite, and 'nice-nice' (as I put it) can get boring fast...

It's easy to take anything for granted when it happens all the time..., whether that's right or wrong - it just is.

The little sweet gestures mean more if they are not part of every day together.

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 06:09 PM

People are always telling me I look like different people... The one's I hear the most are: Vivien Leigh (Scarlett) - but mainly when I'm pissy, ha... - Drew Barrymore and Kate Winslet.

I personally don't see any of them - just saying what I'm told.

You have an endearing smile. Can you give me a pissy look?

awww, thank you - that was sweet...
my pissy look isn't so endearing! ha

sweethouston713's photo
Tue 11/18/08 05:50 PM

People are always telling me I look like different people... The one's I hear the most are: Vivien Leigh (Scarlett) - but mainly when I'm pissy, ha... - Drew Barrymore and Kate Winslet.

I personally don't see any of them - just saying what I'm told.

sweethouston713's photo
Mon 11/17/08 09:40 PM

If he refuses shelter then he is probably has some mental problems. Most street people do. Homeless people without mental problems usually use shelters.

He probably doesn't get to interact with people in a normal social way like we do. He probably has little concept of what proper manners are and he probably has few social skills.

I use to volunteer in a homeless shelter while in High School. I was shocked at the way the street people acted at first but then later I realized they usually didn't know they were being rude. Many have no social skills.

I bet he didn't even know what he said or realize how it sounded.

You can't judge him by normal civilized standards. He lives in a different world.

Very true, you are right... I have been around many homeless people on the strees and in shelters and yes, many times they are quite 'different' in manners.

Although I am quite a bit older than you,
(I think), you helped to remind me of something I needed to be reminded of -- Thank you for that.