Community > Posts By > Douglas

Douglas's photo
Sun 07/03/22 02:27 AM
Like too many romances, roses quickly die off.

What does a wardrobe ward?

Douglas's photo
Sat 07/02/22 11:48 AM
It is average, but if you want it to stand out more, include a more in-depth write up about yourself and the person you are looking for. I would ditch the photo with the mask since no one can see your face.

ditto

You may be too young to have developed much idea of the kind of woman you get along with, in which case don't come up with something just for the sake of it.

Douglas's photo
Sat 07/02/22 04:49 AM
Remember to make your conversation memorable on your first date. Since religion and politics are sure subjects to arouse emotions, concentrate on those topics, especially if you have a difference of opinion. This way, your date will always remember the occasion.

Douglas's photo
Fri 07/01/22 06:50 PM
So that you can whistle.

Why do we call something that distributes heat by convection, a radiator?

Douglas's photo
Fri 07/01/22 06:34 PM
Unfortunately, love can validate hate, while hate can poison love.
It is best to work at removing hate so that love can flourish.

Douglas's photo
Fri 07/01/22 09:54 AM
At the restaurant, show how compliant you are by telling your date to choose your meal.
Then, while eating, show how discerning you are by explaining everything about the meal that you don't like.

Douglas's photo
Fri 07/01/22 09:48 AM
Because I'm the only one without a phone in their hand.

Why do flies fly?

Douglas's photo
Fri 07/01/22 09:40 AM
How my profile

Good for a laugh.

Douglas's photo
Fri 07/01/22 09:37 AM
Thats very true that if u being with someone u feel love u will do things that makes they feel happy. it's not about for something else that in the end they play victims..

That is probably about expectations, which is often a combination of culture and personal interaction.

Western men (I don't know about Filipino much) are usually expected to pay for things on a date. Western women not welcoming a man's advances will not let him buy things for her .. certainly not beyond the current meal or whatever. This leads to men believing that a relationship is progressing if he is still being 'allowed' to be a walking wallet. So if you are letting men buy you things, then they will have some expectations. This is NOT to say they are buying you - it's not that crude - but you will be giving the signal that the relationship is deepening.

The solution is not to let a man buy you anything unless you are being clear about how you feel towards him and clear with him how you feel about a possible relationship with him.

Douglas's photo
Fri 07/01/22 09:19 AM
The thing with children is difficult and I think internet dating makes it more so. When meeting somebody in real life it's usual to interact with the children much earlier and that helps decide whether this package deal is something you want to be involved with, usually because you start to be involved with the child(ren).

A parent IS a package deal for anything beyond an occasional evening out. How much that combination of people attracts or repels will be different in every case but getting to know the children is not so easy when when meeting the parent online and building a relationship remote from their domestic life. Mostly, people just shy away, sadly but understandably.

Sometimes a parent makes it hard. So desperate for some time not connected with the children, they try to separate themselves as a dating partner from themselves as a parent. This keeps the dating partner at a distance from the real life of the person who is a parent and means that a close relationship is almost impossible.

Barriers are valuable when we know there is something we cannot tolerate. Preferences are understandable to increase our chances of meeting somebody we are going to be compatible with. But preference should not be too strongly applied to an individual (for example, you might not seek someone bald; but you might still be able to love them). Understanding the difference between what is a preference and what is a barrier is important because then you can question yourself over what exactly the barrier is about.

Douglas's photo
Sun 06/26/22 11:45 AM
Q: What do snowmen call their kids?

A: Chill-dren

Douglas's photo
Sat 06/25/22 09:02 PM
That brings us to another winning dating technique: spamming. It makes no sense to join in with others on a forum as nobody wants a partner who is just going to behave well and follow simple social rules. Instead, illustrate how free-thinking you are by interrupting topics on forums with your own selfish intents. This will surely make people swoon with admiration and make them feel safe in contacting you, knowing that you have already shown a disregard for social etiquette.

Douglas's photo
Sat 06/25/22 04:28 AM
Crystal, that sounds like a bunch of misandry dressed up as pseudo-science.
I don't buy it: it doesn't match the talks I've had with men, nor my experiences with women.

Douglas's photo
Thu 06/23/22 11:47 AM
When setting up your profile, be sure to put a pretty picture up. If you don't think much of your looks, never mind, just put up a picture of someone else: by the time you get to meet in person it will be too late for them to back down anyway.

Douglas's photo
Thu 06/23/22 04:34 AM
I was expecting a cool joke along these lines:

If you accidentally drop an ice cube on the floor, just kick it under the refrigerator.
Soon it will be just water under the fridge.

Douglas's photo
Wed 06/22/22 04:25 PM
Discussing the charming habits of your young child will always warm anyone's heart so don't hold back. Describing in graphic detail the weight of the last nappy you had to change, or the volume they puked up over your shoulder just before you came out, can fill a good half hour of dinner conversation.

Douglas's photo
Wed 06/22/22 02:50 PM

List off a variety of reasons about how she reminds you of your mom. That will show her what high regard you have for her. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And if you struggle with any point of comparison, talk about all the ways she reminds you of your grandma instead.

Douglas's photo
Wed 06/22/22 09:19 AM
It is better than most profiles but there is little there that couldn't be said by over 50% of women. Try opening a little more to make yourself more distinctive.

Douglas's photo
Wed 06/22/22 09:16 AM
The trend to be more natural grows year on year.
Show how hip and trendy you are and don't use those nasty chemicals called 'soap'. Just explain to your date that the smell is perfectly natural and they are bound to be impressed by your understanding of nature.

Douglas's photo
Tue 06/21/22 03:10 PM
Yes and I didn't even like that band much but had bought the tickets for a gf, who then couldn't go but urged me to.

HYE Got home after a night at a lovers' only to find you left some clothing behind?

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 16 17