Community > Posts By > Douglas

Douglas's photo
Mon 04/03/23 09:51 AM
With the recent changes on the mobile app, the match/meet screen lost the link to the search criteria. I was looking in a foreign country and now can't change it.

Douglas's photo
Mon 04/03/23 05:06 AM
and orders a drink.

Then he pulls a twelve inch tall guy out of his pocket and a small piano.

Little guy starts playing all kinds of music.

Bartender asks the guy what's the deal.

Guy says,"well I was out hunting and I found a wood nymph stuck in a trap. I freed her and she granted me a wish".

Bartender says, "and you wished for a twelve inch pianist???"

Guy says, "well I guess she was a little hard of hearing."

The bartender went out to the same woods to try his luck and came back with a dozen ducks waddling behind him.

Douglas's photo
Sun 04/02/23 07:29 PM
The best female part is when she walks through the door at stage right, perfectly on que and delivers the line that makes the play memorable.

Douglas's photo
Sun 04/02/23 07:23 PM
There's someone here who thinks?

Douglas's photo
Sun 04/02/23 07:21 PM
Not had. Take out the bit about beggars can't be choosers: it's very unflattering to someone who might be interested in you.

Hopefully you'll get a woman's opinion but I think you should have a photo with the camera much higher. An average standing woman would only get that view of you were over 7ft tall.

How short are you? if you are about woman high, you'd probably do well to say so, rather than let all women assume they will be taller.

Best wishes. Sorry for my lack of humour, I'm almost sleep-typing this.

Douglas's photo
Sun 04/02/23 07:05 PM
Since people always change, if someone is perfect, they won't be tomorrow.

It's a fool who thinks themselves perfect, or expects anyone else to be.

If you think someone else is perfect, you're not in love, you're in infatuation: you'll get over it.

Douglas's photo
Sun 04/02/23 06:53 AM
I don't know what therky means but is you want friends, it's one thing to say you are open to something developing but listing both intimate encounter and marriage as objectives makes you come across as insincere about any of your intentions.

Douglas's photo
Sun 04/02/23 06:43 AM
The first sentence is fluff. We all find it hard to talk about ourselves but if you are a successful salesman you should find writing a profile easier than most.

The second sentence is pointless. Rather than say you have lots of hobbies and interests, talk about them.

In marketing terms, you are the product. What are the main features of the product, including the USP?

Add a paragraph or two about the kind of woman you want to meet.

Getting there .. best wishes.

Douglas's photo
Sun 04/02/23 06:33 AM
Back here again after 2 years of hiatus lol
Can someone please rate my profile? I don't know why but I get lots of scammers and pervy people. I don't even put provocative pictures :cry:

The scammers will usually quite down after a bit. The pervs, well, little boys will be children and all that

Your profile is quite good and expresses well what you feel you need but not what you offer. Rey imagining being in a relationship with a good man and write about the what he will get from being in a relationship with you.

You come over as insecure and needy. That's fine, if that's who you are, but do be aware that abusers will be attracted to you. Work out strategies to quickly weed out contacts who will abuse your nature rather than nurture and support you.

Douglas's photo
Fri 03/31/23 09:10 AM
Note to self: Don't make the same mistake twice!

NTS: Try to be sure what the mistake was.

Douglas's photo
Fri 03/31/23 09:10 AM
Note to self: Don't make the same mistake twice!

NTS: Try to be sure what the mistake was.

Douglas's photo
Sat 03/25/23 09:56 PM
In Italy. It's a little town whose tower fell over, so it doesn't deserve a 'z'

Why do beige walls look dirty as soon as they're painted?

Douglas's photo
Tue 03/07/23 05:28 PM
They hope the big guys will just glide by silently.

Why does my phone need recharging?

Douglas's photo
Sun 03/05/23 06:02 PM
The sea is friendly with the land, so it waves.

Since clouds are formed of water from the land, why do we not see rain going up?

Douglas's photo
Sat 03/04/23 06:43 AM
Because if they played during the day, people would see them.

Why is it dark at night?

Douglas's photo
Sat 03/04/23 06:36 AM
Yeah, because the really smart scientists always hang out on tictok.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, is that where they are? I'm not on Tiktok. I'll have to join up to improve my education. :flushed:

Douglas's photo
Wed 11/16/22 08:17 PM
Yeah funny.
I think.

Douglas's photo
Wed 10/19/22 05:28 PM
There's a slim chance you're never going to lose.

Douglas's photo
Mon 10/17/22 03:39 AM
Never on slidings

Douglas's photo
Mon 10/17/22 03:34 AM
I keep coming across profiles (women, in my case) where the person describes themselves as 'simple'. I have no idea what I'm supposed to glean from that.

Are they saying they are stupid, or there is no depth to their personality, or they live a minimalist lifestyle, or what? Except perhaps for the last of those, it doesn't sound appealing but perhaps I am dismissing profiles of people who might be compatible.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 16 17