Community > Posts By > JTstrang

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 01:52 PM

both are about the same, now driving while talking on a cell phone, that's the most dangerous.

I agree about the cell BUT .. what about the moron that's eating fast food, putting ketchup on fries or sliding the paper off his burger .. or better yet the taco that's dropping stuff on his/her shirt and they are busy taking care of all that .. absolutely no different than the cell.

Actually eating is more of a distraction than the cell ...

where the heck are THOSE laws?????pitchfork

How about this, lets create a law agains any distractions. Like screaming kids, or women in bikinis near a road. Lets legislate behavior to a point that we all become the same, it's safe and mindless.

The cell phone i did read somewhere had more incidents on accidents while driving than drinking. Not only that people handle booze different. If drinking while driving is such a problem then why don't we have a way for people to get home with out them driving. It's easy to create these laws and say you value human life it's another to offer solutions.
I am single, I drink, I go out to find people, hopefully to either have sex with or meet up some other time, It never happens so I have to go home, my choices, drive, walk 15 miles or sleep in my car and get an OWI.
My point is this, we put a standard saying .08 is drunk and then you get in more trouble than a child molestor does. When if we had ways for people to at least get close to home at bar time, we would have the safe streets you want, and the ability to drink that is our right.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 01:37 PM
I think we need to create solutions while we create these laws. In most places in the US you need a car to get anywhere. If we had a decent mass transit system, then I would be for the stiff penalties. We and the car corporations have made driving less of a privilage and more of a right.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 01:32 PM
some states like in Iowa, you can get in trouble and ticketed for driving tired.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 01:13 PM

Driving under the influence...even though driving when sleepy is not good either. You can take a quick nap and overcome the latter.

I can take a quick nap and overcome the booze too

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 01:11 PM
both are about the same, now driving while talking on a cell phone, that's the most dangerous.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 12:44 PM
Wear only a shirt and shoes. Then you can at least get service at the gas station.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 12:30 PM
I like the mental masturbation, but I hate cleaning up the mess.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 12:29 PM
Who here plays with fireworks?
Raise your stumps

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 12:23 PM

I think McCain has been sliding all over the place all along! I belive he states what people want to hear, regardless of his party's stance. An example would be his comments on global warming. I feel that he is losing credibility and is not genuine.

Obama needs to stay true to his positions and not be moving so close to center either.

I really think that their handlers and campaign managers have a lot to do with this.

What they talk about and promise in the campaign means nothing after the campaign.
Remember when Bush said he was a compasionate conservative? Compassionate enough to lie us into a war and kill thousands of people unconnected to the tradgedy wave they were riding on.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 12:21 PM
Is that why I am smelling like fish now?

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 12:19 PM
What I try to do is watch and read all types of political coverage. MSNBC, FOX, CNN, NPR, anything I can read or watch about it to make my own decisions on who I will vote for as the figurehead of our state.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:59 AM
yes, did, thats why it isn't very good

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:52 AM

Did you hear that your beloved Jesse Helms passed away today?

Jesse!!
Wow, I thought he'd never die!
I knew the Republicans would never elect him out of office,
but die? Nooo....

That's sad... another icon dies. He was a true patriot... one of the last of a dieing breed.

Thanks for your service to the country, Jesse.

God bless...

**** Helms. He was a biggot. it's about time the old **** sucker died.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:48 AM

Yes Obama flip flopped. I'm not going to bash him for wanting to talking to military leaders. This was a good flip-flop. But one of his major campaign ideas was the 16 month withdrawl. This tells me something. He will tell the public what they want to hear, before he even knows what he's talking about. THEN he will look into things. Shadey, yeah. He can't seem to back up anything he says. His only strong point in my opinion is his public speaking ability. McCain sucks. Isn't much, if at all better than Obama. What really gets me is that dems preach Obama like he is the best thing since sliced bread, while totally bashing McCain. Then THEY preach that they don't like either candidate.

Honestly, has anyone ever heard of an actualy plan for anything coming from Obama that isn't vague? Yes, he says he will invest in alternative energy soucres to help with the oil crisis. But no specifics. Supposedly the government is already making these investments. The troop withdrawl was the only thing he had any remote plan for. But now he is rethinking. Neither candidate has any plans to fight illegal immigration. (Probably because they both support globalization. But that is just speculation.) Ok, i got long winded, but my point still stands. What is so great about Obama? What exactly will he change that will "change" our country?

I would love to bash all candidates. All policies are vague, McCain and Obama. The two party system is broken and flawed. but they have a strangle hold on our country. We are left voting for one fool who is just as big of fool as the other.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:44 AM

That's why we have Republicans crickster!

They are experts at flip flopping!!!:wink:

No...republicans are honest...you just don't like their answers. DEMS, OTOH, say one thing & do another...just like in this article.

Obama is a wild card if you ask me. I don't have any expectations of him at all.

laugh laugh laugh laugh
The war in Iraq? Scooter Libby? the defectors?

And the post isn't reliable because it's yellow journalism. Sensationalized crap.

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:41 AM
ehh I'm ok. How are you?

JTstrang's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:32 AM
Like an old comedian
telling safe jokes again
hiding behind a smiley facade
I'm nothing more than a fraud
on a stage I represent discontent
Not even able to aford my rent
The intriguing view I had lost it