Traumer's photo
Tue 04/23/13 04:54 PM
A pill...by what date, 2525?laugh
People WANT IT NOW !, YESTERDAY!
:laughing:

Traumer's photo
Tue 04/23/13 04:50 PM

I am pretty sure they are not taking suggestions
at the moment for new forums, but it is noted.

Creative writing for now, maybe?

(Look at you, you made a thread! Congrats :-)

aww, schuks Miss Sophie, but thank you; I also cleaned my glasses!

Traumer's photo
Tue 04/23/13 04:48 PM

We should be more like Canada, you cant live there unless you can prove that you will be an asset to the country.

Dream on; our immigration laws are worse than Swiss cheese for criminals, escaping terrorists, wanted criminals and other assorted garbage that come in among the bona-fide applicants and others under a variety of 'special status' immigrants, such as war refugees, relatives of citizens, etc. Many escaped and wanted war criminals and terrorists have already been apprehended and many are currently in hiding around the country; same with wanted drug distributors and the usual illegal immigrants imported by clandestine groups that finance ships loaded with illegals looking to simply escape economic poverty in their home countries. Poverty is not listed as an acceptable reason to immigrate to Canada. Many private firms bring in so called' skilled labour' but that has reached the laughable and unfit descriptions of their 'skills' ie. such as 'skilled burger flippers that Big Mac has brought in to communities wherein the home grown youth can't find work even at a local McDonald's. How long does it take to 'train' someone to flip burgers...is a course at the MacDonald University needed...can chimps qualify for this job and if so, what will be their wages?? It only gets worse by the day...The politicians that make the immigration policies just drive the immigration authorities nuts, No skills are needed to make policy; not even common sense.

Traumer's photo
Tue 04/23/13 04:11 PM
I'm assuming that Mingle2 does not have a feature in which to write any blogs, other that the feature "Our Blog" which are all pre- written and to which you may post any comments...
Will Mingle ever have a Blog category in which to write our own??

Traumer's photo
Tue 04/23/13 01:08 PM
I can't see the obvious; kept looking at the menus and ignored the large notice on the right...; thank you...

Traumer's photo
Tue 04/23/13 12:53 PM
I'm afraid I've gone blind looking, since I joined, for some category to actually post/create a thread. So far no luck; I do not see anything that allows this, unless it is dependent on 'upgrading' perhaps??? Confused and scratching head...

Traumer's photo
Tue 04/23/13 12:36 PM
Edited by Traumer on Tue 04/23/13 12:36 PM
"Transgender" or not, I do not understand the problem as for the last ten years or so, in many cities and towns throughout Europe there have been 'co-op' bathroom facilities for use by both male and female. As public washrooms go, there are always attendants there who maintain not only 'civilized behavior',ie. security, but also hot towels, shampoo and will give patrons a lint brush down and a shoe shine should they need one. A small gratuity is, of course expected as has been the custom. Some are small, admitting only 4 or 5 people while others can accommodate several. The large cities such as Berlin, Paris and Rome have been expanded as many people complained about having to line-up outside.... Perhaps it's time to play catch-up again to what works fine in Europe and other parts of the world, or are people here just too 'delicate' to 'suffer the indignity'laugh or could it be they lack the behavioral restraints, such as self control that would cause problems for everyone...?laugh

Traumer's photo
Mon 04/22/13 08:57 PM

Being an extrovert, but not to extremes.

Being conscientiousness, but without anxiety.

Being open minded, but without being wishy washy.

And being mentally stable, without being NOT mentally stable.

"And being mentally stable, without being NOT mentally stable. "
You mean that it is actually possible???
I try so hard and it still shows through, doesn't it! It's hard always being in a condition unfit to be misunderstood..it really is, you know!

Traumer's photo
Mon 04/22/13 12:10 PM

I've dated jerks, and it's really no picnic. I certainly didn't choose them knowing that's what they were.

Are you implying that women don't turn men into jerks, but that certain men are jerks before women meet them?

Yep. And in other news, water is wet. Film at eleven. laugh

Traumer's photo
Mon 04/22/13 11:47 AM
Edited by Traumer on Mon 04/22/13 11:54 AM

I am an intensely private person, yet I weave my story all throughout the things I write.

It's said the best writers are those who can put themselves into their work. That's what makes the content ring true..oui?happy

those that don't are journalist.

Strange, I feel much the same and I once wrote as a free-lance journalist...until one day, I finally 'crossed the line" and became an active participant of what I wrote about. Nevertheless, I continued to write but the market was greatly reduced by being basically labelled as a 'persona non grata'. Now I can't seem to write without relying on my experiences; my memories of so many places, events and people...and yet, at times, I ask, just who and what am I...it all blurs together...
Whereas, in talking to most people I very rarely refer to anything personal...go figure...

Traumer's photo
Mon 04/22/13 11:37 AM
not being paranoid and obsessive on one topic; carefree and humourous...

Traumer's photo
Sun 04/21/13 06:36 PM

Get the Hooter girls in here and the guys from Dave's and Busters. We could have a party and play twister!

You must mean Chippendale's' don't you...the male stripper franchise locations all over North America....
rofl

Traumer's photo
Sun 04/21/13 03:01 PM
Quote from above:
"It is not one bit logical that some lone radical would plant bombs to hurt civilians. There is absolutely NOTHING TO GAIN and no logical reason for doing so."

Take a page from modern history on the very start of 'terror wars' by the FLN: Front Liberation Nationale of Algeria. The clearly warned the French govt. and military what they were going to do and how.; even to predicting how the French would react to their tactics to no avail.
Since then, every terror group that has waged any sort of urban guerrilla/ terrorist war has used the FLN model. The model stands to this day as basically unbeatable given the will to fight by the terrorists' guerrilla patriot or 'armed combatant'. For an overall study of what the FLN accomplished, see the book City Of the Wolves. The French govt. did as they predicted; lash back with unrestrained fury and began internal dissent which collapsed the Govt. much to the vexation of the French military which far too late began to understand how not to react to the innocent population at large. One other mitigated factor came into play however which no one figured on: the rise of the "Armee Secret" which was made up of ex military and mostly French citizen settlers all over Algeria. They attacked the Govt. and their own military. That aside, the FLN held on, regrouped and continued their terror tactics and wore down the French. They won by sheer terror that sapped the will to fight back faster than anyone figured on.
To understand and appreciate the tactics, logic, and goals of the terrorists, the FLN set the prevailing standards the world over for all terror wars. Try to find the ' documentary style' film that was the biggest hit of the 70's the world over: "The Battle Of Algiers" It is 'a must' to see and comprehend.

Traumer's photo
Sun 04/21/13 01:59 PM

By David Horsey
April 19, 2013, 5:00 a.m.
Usually, it would be best to ignore conspiracy-mongers such as Alex Jones and not reward him and his angry gaggle of paranoiac followers with any sort of attention. But, in a week when thoughts of the dead and maimed victims of the Boston Marathon bombings weigh heavy on the hearts and minds of most Americans, it is worth pointing out what a worthless waste of skin and bones Jones and his minions happen to be.

Nearly as soon as I heard about the bombings on Monday, I was certain that somewhere in the nutty right-wing blogosphere someone was already concocting a storyline that would blame the crime on President Obama and the federal government. Alex Jones came through with impressive rapidity.

Jones runs a radio show from Austin, Texas. He describes himself as a libertarian and an “aggressive constitutionalist.” The Southern Poverty Law Center says he has stirred up racial animus “to appeal to the fears of the antigovernment Patriot movement.” He certainly appeals to fear. Jones asserts that both the Oklahoma City bombing and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks were perpetrated by the U.S. government as part of a scheme to promote a New World Order through “exploitable hysteria.”

So it is no surprise that he is now pushing the idea that the Boston bombings were the nefarious handiwork of federal agents. At Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick’s press briefing just a few hours after the explosions, one of Jones’ minions, Dan Biondi, was on hand to ask the governor if this was a "staged attack to take our civil liberties and promote homeland security while sticking their hands down our pants on the streets?"

"No," Patrick replied tersely. "Next question."

Meanwhile, Jones was on the air, on Twitter and on the Internet pushing his claim that the FBI engineered the bombings under the “false flag” of a terrorist group as a pretense for expanding the power of the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration. He warned of TSA groping teams at sporting events “coming soon.”

Jones is asking Americans to believe that their own government is responsible for all of the worst terrorist attacks in the country’s history and that the motivation for the latest one is a desire to grope sports fans. All of this is, of course, total ping-pong-balls-for-brains nonsense. It would be laughable if it were not for the fact that this conspiracy kook claims 2 million radio listeners and more online followers than Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh combined.

Jones is a purveyor of the neo-Confederate brand of “patriotism” that has gained currency on the far starboard side of American politics. I do not think he should shut up or be shut down; he has the same 1st Amendment rights as I do. But he deserves to be exposed for what he is: a delusional, self-promoting bully who is slandering the very people who are right now doing the truly patriotic work of bringing the Boston bombers to justice.

Original source: Alex Jones has a sick theory about the Boston Marathon bombings on Los Angeles Times Exclusive

And Alex Jones is a disinformation agent for Zionists. You notice he rarely talks about Israel or Zionism. That is because he is in their control.

Why would Zionists want Alex Jones to vilify the U.S. Government? Because They want to take over the entire world and they want the U.S. government to fall like the Roman Empire Fell.

Zionists are behind the globalist plan for a new world order, not the U.S. government. They have infiltrated our government.

Alex Jones, and his 'softer side', this Lush Limbaugh are infamous for their co-ordinated efforts to never mention the Zionist menace; not to mention all the various, so called phony 'christian' evangelicals that support Zionism in some really bizarre idea that Israel and the Zionists are 'religious'. Nothing could be further from the reality of the enmity between the religious factions and those that suffer from the dreaded disease of Zionism. It is just another form of a mental virus that continues to infect the Protestant denominations who think that in following the Jewish Old Testament despite the founding of the New Testament by Christ, support and defend their mental infections of Zionism and those who follow the Torah which is about un-Christian as one could get other than renouncing the New Testament altogether. Zionism is a mental virus; a mental disease, just as virulent as Nazism, fascism or communism. Those that follow any of these 'ism's' should be considered contagious and isolated from the rest of humankind; perhaps even eliminated altogether for the benefit of humanity..

Traumer's photo
Sun 04/21/13 10:43 AM
Reading over these bizarre attempts at being rational and lucid opinions and descriptions of what occurred in this entire matter, I laugh when I recall one of 'Boston's Finest' ranting on about whoever did the bombing as being 'intellectually dysfunctional and stunted' in trying to justify their deed; he should read these rants....
I'm not at all surprised that no one has yet seen the motivation for this attack; no one here has , obviously, paid any attention to the war in Chechnya, especially during the first phase back in 1994 to "95 with the Russian assault and destruction of Grozny under then Russian President Yeltsin. The American govt. basic policy, when there were cries for US or UN intervention, was that the war in Chechnya was basically 'an internal matter' (like a US state that tried to secede from the Union) and the US was NOT going to intervene, nor make any formal protests. Needless to say, this was devastating news to the people of Chechnya who then issued statements to the effect that it was the fault of the US that the Russians were being allowed to slaughter them. Newspaper accounts were full of this ...and people here wonder why 2 radicalized pseudo Chechnyan patriots planted bombs in their US home ground: it was payback time for what many Chechnyans believe in that the US was directly responsible for what the Russians did to them. Convoluted logic, to be sure, but then, emotional upsets of that scale are never really logical, especially by those directly involved and their 'logic' will be passed on to others that come after them; that is and should be perfectly normal and logical...
The older brother made a rather telling remark on one of his posts that he did not understand the Americans at all, well, for what it's worth neither does most of the world; in some regions much more so than others, such as the Middle East, and most of Africa; basically wherever the US has their boots on the ground. It is always perceived as having their boots on their necks and they deeply resent it and one day, in some form or another, they will pay the US back...so goes US foreign policy. Perhaps people should re-read the Farewell Addresses of George Washington and Dwight Eisenhower...

Traumer's photo
Sun 04/21/13 10:02 AM

Women are often better at working through emotional problems than men.

10 types of "emotionally stunted" guys -- adult men who may otherwise be awesome but for some reason never matured emotionally.

These dudes are stuck in emotional "playpens" preventing them from forming healthy (and intimate) adult relationships and where the women in their lives are in the position of either pushing them around like toddlers in a baby carriage or screaming "Get up and walk on your own!" before heading out the door.

Usually, emotional immaturity isn't obvious right away. In the first few weeks and months of dating, as our best selves are presented, we've found ourselves thinking, Finally, a guy who isn't emotionally stunted! He's a MAN -- not a man-CHILD! But at some point, the curtain is pulled back just like in the "Wizard of Oz" and, yup, his emotional issues are right there.

1. The Addict: Oy. Where to begin. Here's the important thing to remember: The Addict will ALWAYS be looking for a high. ALWAYS. Even if he is sober from drugs/alcohol/gambling/food, if he hasn't done "the work," he may get hooked on you.

The woman he wants: Someone who gets him high. He's looking for a feeling. Maybe it's the married woman, his crush from high school he never thought he would get, or the ex he dumped years ago. It's all about the thrill for him. And once that thrill wears off ... he's jonesing for the next.

What he really needs: To work through his co-dependency issues and learn how to cope with life on his own before involving anyone else.

2. The Mama's Boy: The most important relationship a guy can have is with his mother. That's why it's bad news if that relationship has gone wrong in some way. The Mama's Boy compares all women to his mother. Whether he hates her or is obsessed with her, he is blind to the fact that he is replaying his relationship with his mom with every woman he gets involved with.

The woman he wants: Someone who is exactly like his mother or exactly the opposite, depending on the nature of the dysfunction. If his mom was coddling and overprotective, he may want you to change his diaper and wipe his nose. If his mother abandoned him, he may be looking for a clingy lady. If his mother expected him to be "the man of the family," he may be looking for a woman who is helpless and needs taking care of. You get the picture.

What he really needs: To realize that you are NOT his mother. And, more importantly, to understand the relationship dynamic with his mother. If he has issues to work out with her, he needs to do it before he invites another woman into his life.

3. The Flounderer: He's unhappy in his career, either because he hasn't advanced as much as he thought he would have or it's not what he wants to be doing, period.

The woman he wants: Someone to motivate him and stroke his ego all the time because he's not getting that kind of love in the workplace.

What he really needs: To go after what he wants hard and on his own initiative instead of whining to you about it all the time

4. The Insecure Narcissist: Initially, this gentleman comes off as exceedingly confident -- he thinks he's the best at his job, takes good care of his appearance, and is often the life of the party. But he also cannot take a joke at his expense, overstates how successful he is, and is never happy for anyone who's doing "better" than him -- including the woman he's with.

The woman he wants: Someone who won't ever challenge him or give him grief, even as a joke. If she does, he'll find her insecurities and go at them with a hacksaw, so she's brought down to his level, making him feel better about himself in comparison.

What he really needs: To stop pretending like he's God's gift to the world and be OK being vulnerable, and realize that he's not fooling anyone with that act anyway.

5. The Career Obsessive: Here's the thing about dudes: They are not all that great at multi-tasking, but The Career Obsessive is the worst of the lot. His sole goal in life is to rise to the top and it's not until he gets there that he'll actually be emotionally available.

The woman he wants: Someone who understands that being successful is the most important thing in the world -- so long as SHE is not more successful than him -- and will reward his hard work in the office with sexual favors at home whenever he's got a spare moment. The opposite of The Hero [see No. 6 below], he wants someone who does not need him emotionally at all.

What he really needs: To realize that a fulfilling life is all about balance and an amazing career doesn't keep you warm at night.

6. The Hero: He loves to date a basket case, a woman who's got many issues for him to help her overcome -- but that's only so he can avoid dealing with his own. Once she's more stable, the skeletons in his emotional closet emerge and he has to find someone new to save instead.

The woman he wants: A woman who "needs" him and makes him feel strong, capable, manly, and, most of all, NOT CRAZY in comparison.

What he really needs: To find a therapist who can hold up a mirror and show him that his own problems should take top priority.

7. The Tragic Tom: Tragedy has befallen him and he hasn't been able to recover. While being sympathetic to this guy's plight is understandable, trying to save him is a waste of time.

The woman he wants: A woman who will see his gooey marshmallow center underneath that hardened edge and will exhaust herself trying to save him from himself.

What he really needs: To gain perspective and to learn, on his own, that bad things happen to everyone in some form and the best you can do is move forward in your life with lessons learned.

8. The Commitment Phobe: This guy pretends to be happy on his own, living large as a bachelor, just like his hero George Clooney, but he's actually just terrified of letting a woman get to know the real him.

The woman he wants: Someone who will never expect their relationship to evolve past the casually dating stage, who will never expect to meet his parents or even necessarily his friends, and won't want to talk about pesky things like feeeeelings.

What he really needs: To face his insecurities head on, so he can figure out what he's so scared of showing to other people and to get over it.

9. The Eternally Brokenhearted: He hasn't gotten over the chick who broke his heart and he holds what she did against every other woman he dates in subtle ways.

The woman he wants: Someone who reinforces his anger at his ex by committing the same "sins" she did. That way he can punish her for his ex's actions. Unfortunately for both of them, he'll never be able to work through his anger completely with that kind of black-and-white attitude in which he's the sole victim.

What he really needs: To find closure with the woman who "wronged him," but not necessarily through confrontation. Rather, he needs to look at the demise of the relationship objectively so he's forced to acknowledge his role and can move forward in a new relationship with no (or minimal) baggage.

10. The Eeyore: Thanks for noticing him, the dull, pathetic, dude in the corner who is not actually dull and pathetic. He just has the worst attitude of all time. He's always whining about something. Every day is a bad day. Nothing ever works out for him. Everything seems completely impossible to The Eeyore, which makes being around him unbearable.

The woman he wants: His own personal Pooh Bear. That special someone who will be his personal cheerleader and spend all of her time trying to get him to look on the bright side even though he is completely incapable of seeing life that way.

What he really needs: To stop feeling sorry for himself and take responsibility for what happens in his life. The sooner he realizes that life is what you make it, the sooner he'll have some much-needed company in his bed.

And what would your prescription or treatment be for any male that is a combination of all of the above??
Emergency psychiatric confinement, or perhaps just take him around back of a shed and put him down...?:laughing:

Traumer's photo
Sun 04/21/13 09:34 AM
Edited by Traumer on Sun 04/21/13 09:35 AM
It used to be for years the routine of sleep, go to work, pretend to work, avoid co-workers as much as possible, come home, feed my cats, get high, watch a movie, sleep. It seems that it was going to replay till I die. Not any more.
Now on indefinite medical leave; up at 4 or 5, draw or paint, feed cats, draw or paint; avoid going out for anything if at all possible.
Fix my one meal per day, feed the cats, watch a movie, go on line for an hour or so, sleep. Repeat tomorrow...'Life' can be so good at times...laugh

Traumer's photo
Sat 04/20/13 03:28 PM

I grew up in scouts. I don't see a need to change them. I am equally surprised the atheists haven't screeched about their oath...

you and I were one of the lucky ones that were not ***** in the *** by one of the sick perverts in scouting. I knew someone who was.

One of thousands reported.

Same here but the infamous 'Y' as in the YMCA and the Big Brothers are and have been like a shopping mart for the pervs for decades...:angry:

Traumer's photo
Sat 04/20/13 03:22 PM

Good start that I'd go along with; also include being able to view if our mail gets opened...some sites have that feature...as many of the above, but this site is the one that matters...:smile:

This feature already exists:
http://mingle2.com/inbox/sent
Right-hand column is 'Read' so if they open
your email it will be checked here.

and I just assumed that it checked if sent...I must be blindlaugh
Thank you kind lady...(red face):smile:

Traumer's photo
Sat 04/20/13 11:22 AM
Edited by Traumer on Sat 04/20/13 11:23 AM
The Boy Scouts Of America have been allowing some homosexuals in for years very quietly. They do try and identify by various methods the factors that may identify the predator types. This, has also been admitted to very quietly for years.
There are no absolute uniform rules regarding this; each troop, as it were can and do decide for themselves as to whom it will admit. Once again there is pressure to have an open blanket admissions policy. This uniformity has never existed in the Scouts, and neither in the various Scout organizations through out Europe. There, the Troops decide and so far, no real ans\d serious problems that would in any way put any children at risk of a predator.
Contrary to some in the US, there are no hordes of raving predators waiting at Scout offices to enlist and be ready to start grabbing kids like candy from a shelf. Some are there, to be sure, but so far, the safeguards that have been in place in some areas, have worked to keep children safe. Which does not mean to say that certain types of safeguards will uniformly work everywhere. Perhaps allowing the status-quo to remain as it has, for the last several years, quietly continue as per Troop. Freedom of choice and freedom of association are still part of all citizen rights and many assorted groups must learn to accept that people are still free to associate with whom they please as well as their children. The real problem is do people believe in their rights strongly enough to stand up for them when push comes to shove. Some do; many don't. Perhaps it should be the other way around...

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25