Community > Posts By > Citizen_Joe

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sat 02/26/11 08:36 AM
:thumbsup:

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sat 02/26/11 08:32 AM

a new laptop and wanted to keep it under $1000 what brand would you buy and what features/technology/hardware/software would you feel is necessary?

I'm looking for a new laptop and want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything...

I buy most of my computer hardware from www.tigerdirect.com. I rarely buy laptops for more than $600.00

I've bought more than 30 laptops in the past 2 years, and the HP/compaq seem to serve my needs the best.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Wed 02/16/11 12:59 AM
I asked a friend of mine, married and divorced 3 times, what color their eyes were. He asked his daughter. I'm thinking this is a clue as to the level of intimacy in his marriages.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 02/14/11 08:49 PM

So I hit it off with a girl thats 10 years younger than me. Is this going to make me look like a lecherous freak in public?

That only depends on

a)If you go out in public
b)If other opinions really matter.

Mine's 16 years younger, and my mother's husband is about the same. Later in life it'll probably matter some, which reminds me of a true to life situation for my mom. She once called me and said my step-father's pacemaker was acting up... So I suggested since it's the only that works, she should sit on his chest. pitchfork

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 02/14/11 08:39 PM

If your spouse should leave for someone else and later come to you back when heart broken by the man,will still take her back?

I've never much liked the term love affair. Isn't it really a non-love affair? It's sort of a misnomer like Social Services. Shouldn't it really be called Anti-social services?

And no, I wouldn't take her back.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 02/10/11 01:42 PM
I wouldn't take the chance on anything shell fish any more than I would alcohol. Both have an extremely high chance of something bad happening. A couple years ago, I tried crab meat... throat closed up significantly, not to the point of anaphaleptic shock, but pretty darned close. That was the first time in adulthood I had anything shrimp/shell fish related, confirming it was another type of food to avoid. Cross contamination is also a minor issue, but not nearly as bad as voluntarily choosing to poison myself.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 02/10/11 01:37 PM

That's edge!

No crotch shot?

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 02/10/11 01:30 PM

Well, I have never celebrated Valentine's day. I always get broken up with days before. Does anyone have any horror stories about Valentine's Day? Or did anyone have the lovely experience of having their significant other break their heart days/weeks away from the pesky day of love and what not?

That particular holiday has remained untarnished by breakups. My birthday, their birthday, and Christmas, have not. I always avoid dating someone new on any holiday as a practice. In fact, last Christmas, I passed on 2 dates around Christmas because I knew things wouldn't be right sized, and on January 5th, Sarah came home.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 02/10/11 01:25 PM

Would you want to?

I'd seek out a hospital that supplied ECT, have that knowledge zapped and continue living to my last breath in bliss.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 02/10/11 01:23 PM
It's an icon my mobile reports when 3G is unavailable. Either that or H, which is short for Mobile Hell.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 02/10/11 01:22 PM

What do you think makes people ask these types of questions? Low self esteem? Lack of confidence? I personally think hot & sexy, etc aren't necessairily something you see on the outside but is within. Thoughs anyone?

Looking for acceptance is normal. The only woman I want to think I'm hot is Sarah though. Last time I looked in her eyes, I didn't need to ask. :banana: pitchfork :heart: Appologies in advance for emoticon abuse. No one emoticon worked. :-)

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 02/10/11 12:47 PM

That sounds more like "12 signs you are obsessively codependent on someone"

Or borderline and on the way to a crash and burn, followed by the other party having to have all their slashed tires replaced.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 02/08/11 10:58 AM

In your area on this site? Do any of their profiles actually sound like someone you want to date?? The girls around me are all *****ing about being hurt and want some perfect non-existent guy to fix their "love life".

Before I look at what's online, first I have to look in the mirror and ask, am I what someone would want to date? Based on what I'm willing to give in a relationship, and what I'm willing to tolerate, I would say out of 3 sites I used to be on, perhaps 1 or 2 qualified, both of which are now facebook friends. Thankfully, I'm done looking and am excited about our future. I also noted that of the 2, one was a serial monogamist, and the other, had the native baby fat look. They make great friends, however.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 02/08/11 10:51 AM

Seriously, seems that most of the messages and IM's I get are from guys in there 20's. They're cute and seem sweet, but come on, I could practically be their mom! Are the guys my age only looking for the young girls or have they just disappeared of the face of the earth?

Yes, and probably. I'm 46, now living with a 29 year-old. I've been told it could be fatal, but she hasn't died yet. :banana: pitchfork :banana: People my age in this county are typically 40 to 70 lbs overweight, and way too selfish and self-centered to even come close to form a relationship with. This latest and likely permanent addition to what will be our family gives me her love, her money, and is hopefully pregnant. :heart:

IRL beats online dating hands down. I was on pof, okstupid, and a few other sites and in the end, she lived 2 blocks from me.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 02/08/11 10:40 AM

Worth being without the people you loved?

Step away from the Highlander dvds.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 02/06/11 10:00 PM

For those 0f you who've already been to the alter already
and back again,
what words of wisdom can you offer
about married life?

Half of the marriage is only as good as I am, and if I'm not grateful, loving, and understanding of the other half, I wont get to keep it.

So tell me -and tell the rest of
us never-been-married
what its like to be married?
How is married relationship different than single life?
What mistakes did you make the first time around that you can use as a
Life Lesson now that your single ?

Marriage # 1 for me was blatantly obvious in hind-sight. I was way too self-centered and no where near ready to be married.

Marriage # 2 was much improved, but I learned my limitations. It is very difficult to live with someone who goes from loving me to hating me, dependent on the seasons.

Marriage #3 will likely happen this year. In fact, I'd be an idiot not to marry this one. She gives me her love, entrusts me with her money, and god willing, will be having our child, knowing full well that it could kill or paralyze her. Recently in response to saying I love you to her, she said, "I love you more"... I just responded, "I know"... After the shock wore off, explained why... She was okay with that answer, knowing full well I could never compete with her love. :heart:

In fact, she completes this song for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxXY2-44bCs. That's the difference between being married and single. "Living for someone else", with each person living for the other's happiness, encouraging and helping to fulfill each other's dreams and goals. It's not just saying the words. It's about showing that the words actually mean something.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 02/06/11 08:23 PM

A detachable penis?

just a question posed in boredom...

Remind me not to date anyone formerly known as bobbit.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sat 01/29/11 10:55 AM
Still the scorpio, and just barely.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 01/28/11 04:30 PM
My cousin got married a few years ago to someone 20 years younger than him, and they recently had a child and seem quite happy. More recently, my new girlfriend and I are working to do pretty much the same, and she's 16 years younger. I think it works primarily because the men in my family are not known for our level of maturity. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/06/10 01:51 AM

I tried the marriage gig twice over the last 25 years. I have lost half my chit twice. Which leaves me with 25 percent of the chit I had. Spooky huh?..........smokin

2 marriages and 1 ltr later, I really didn't lose much, but have noted that specific things were always replaced, usually early in the relationships. Sofas and beds. About the only major thing that was replaced in the past year has been a fridge and a few light bulbs, and I've only rarely slept in my California King.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25