Community > Posts By > AdventurousOne

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 10:01 PM
I'm in southern CA at the moment..96 tomorrow..101 on Sunday. Take some of this PLEASE..we can spare at LEAST 25 degrees for ya. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 09:46 PM

by saying princess I think I just mean treating a woman like she is the most important woman in your life:smile:

You probably wouldnt get anywhere if u tried to treat me like a spoiled brat...mad mad

I personally think it would just be nice to have somebody change the oil in my car for me...:smile:
or make me supper once in awhile...happy

flowerforyou flowerforyou

Ok, just had to clarify. flowerforyou

I am divorced, but use to doing everything myself anyway. I have been on my own since I was 16, so I cook, clean, laundry, mechanicals, basically you name it and I do it. :tongue:

So I am certainly an independent man. And I don't require much, simple, a true genuine "thank you" and I know its really appreciated, I'm as happy as they come. bigsmile flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 09:40 PM

Hmm interesting theory..one problem in it I see off hand. Ever hear of "Extinction?" Many species have gone that route already.

Indeed I have heard of "Extinction". In fact 97.7% of all species that have ever existed are extinct. The probability, some say certainty, of extinction is why procreation is the purpose of life.

I can agree that its is a part of life, but the purpose, I couldn;t subscibe to that one. The purpose, in my own belief, is from the Bible. Companionship and a relationship with God would be the purpose. Procreation is a part of the life, just not the purpose. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 09:26 PM

An independent women knows how to take care of herself and her family.
She doesnt take CRAP from somebody BECAUSE she doesnt have to.

flowerforyou flowerforyou

mmmmmmm
crap?
what is crap for u?flowerforyou

well....duh...not treating me like the princess and woman I deserve to be treated like....

examples...playing silly games, lying, not communicating well, not watching out for me, not being romantic, and all other types of disrespect.........

LOL, wait a second..please clarify "princess", because if its the bratty chip on the shoulder kind...you can keep the "princess" part. I treat a woman like a lady...until we get in the bedroom, then whatever she prefers. noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 09:18 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Fri 04/11/08 09:24 PM

I posted this because it's being very confusing for me
I'm going to say something and don't take it as a criticism against USA.
HOwever, the place where i come from (ofcourse there some idiots over there also) and the way i was raised women are always first. You always give her a seat in a bus when is full. You open doors for them, etc, etc.
BUt since i came here, I have found that some ladies just don't appreciate those details, they reject them
ANd those are (or were) like everyday things for me like a second nature
ANd what happens now is that sometimes I don't give a damn anymore.
A couple of months my mom was here, and she noticed an attitude from me towards a female friend of mine, and my mom got really upset. The thing my mom does not know is the kind of woman i have come accross here.

Well my friend, times have very much changed. And yes, I understand a LOT of the frustration you feel from many women here in the USA.

I was raised "old school" in the mid-west. And as you, women come first, you open doors and do all those types of things that a gentleman is suppose to do. And unfortunately some don't appreciate it, some don't even acknowledge it, but a few still at least say thank you...and thats all I expect and I am happy.

But it's been slowly changing for years and getting worse. I still remember as a young boy (and i am 42 now), I held the door open at a store for two elderly ladies..one walked in and the other stood in front of me and just looked at me. The lady who already walked in looked back and said "something wrong?" and the lady that stood in front of me, just looked over at her and said "it's nice to see there is still gentlemen around" then she looked at me and said "thank you young man". I was probablyy 10 at the time. But funny, how good that made me feel and I still remember it to this day.

And then, just today I seen a young couple, maybe 20 years walking out in front of me and the girl held the door for the guy and he didn't even say thank you. So sad. I just thought to myself, things are changing for the worst. People don;t have character, pride, honor, loyalty...so many things they are losing.

All I can say is just don;t expect it to change anytime soon. huh

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 09:00 PM
From what I read, I think you are confusing your definition with the "women's lib" movement sterotype.

"Independent woman" basically refers to a woman who is not "dependent" on someone else. They do things just fine by themsleves. They are not "needy" or "reliant" on someone else.

To me, an "independent woman" is VERY ATTRACTIVE. Because if she is with me, that signals to me she WANTS to be with me..not that she "needs" to be with me or someone.

Hope this helps clear any confusion. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:57 AM

We were created so we could procreate and sustain the species. Just as every species does. Simple really.

Hmm interesting theory..one problem in it I see off hand. Ever hear of "Extinction?" Many species have gone that route already. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:55 AM
Well there is a way to send a message...vote, but do a "write-in" and everyone vote for the same. Hell, choose Mickey Mouse. Doesn;t matter who, just lets them know the people are getting sick of them. See the results

McCain 14,283,461
Obama 13,589,077

Mickey Mouse 112,492,854

noway :tongue: laugh

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 09:05 PM
5 different women in a week...is that a spree??? huh

Hey, we just had coffee...dirty minded people around here. noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 08:30 PM

ok, I'm off to bed. I will count sheeps to see if i can fall sleep.
u see sheeps aren't as bad as u think. they also serve a purpose. they help people to fall sleep.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
BTW, Jesus never gets tired of you. No matter how much you diminish those brothers and sisters of yours because you think they are not as smart as you are.

Sorry if you think I am demeaning them..really I'm not. I'm just tired of having to fix what they break, over-look or just plain don;t put any thought into.

There are TONS of people smarter than I. I make mistakes all the time. I would just like to have a little relax time after fixing my own mistakes, rather than cleaning up someone elses mess. bigsmile flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 08:22 PM

it does not really matter who wins we are ****ed with whoever gets it!!!!!grumble

AMEN!!!drinker flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 08:19 PM

For me I would like to be in heaven with all my brothers and sisters no matter how idiot they were, as matter of fact I may be the most idiot among all of them.

And great! Enjoy them! I'm tired of being "my brother's keeper". I'm tired of always having to be the one fixing someone else's screwups. I'm tired of all the "dumb looks" as people can;t even count change back correctly. And most of all of all the ones who don;t even have the power of THOUGHT and to use thier God given minds to THINK! At least TRY to THINK! But when they look at you with those "cow like" eyes and give you a blank stare and say "what?", I just want to reach over and slap them upside the head and say "WAKE UP! USE YOUR BRAIN! THINK!"

So you take your friends and have your big parties in your mansions on streets of gold. Just don't go out by the cabin in the country by the brook...I hear the owner shoots at "cow types". noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 08:13 PM

Why does the discussion on the origin of humans just have to be about the Bible mythology ? flowerforyou There are other mythologies just as ancient flowerforyou

Well Mirror, thats because no others are quite as debatable as the Christian one I would think. Man has taken some good building blocks, then put thier "views" and "twists" on them and then man even quarrels over the "gray areas" (hence the denominations).

So most likely that would be why it is most used. Just a guess. I already admit, I know very little for absolute in life. bigsmile drinker flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 08:08 PM

just a little thing i wanted to add.
even those who are in extreme suffering if they have our Lord in their life, they have the peace of knowing that after all the suffering they will be in His presence.
It hurts so much to see so many people with terminal illness complaining and cursing God, yet they don't know what they are doing.

Yes, I have seen that as well, but again, I have seen another side as well. I have seen people do good and receive bad and visa versa. So to say there is any set pattern, its more of a coin-flip in many cases.

The Bible refers to people as "sheep". Many will say its because they are lost, they need a shepard, etc, etc. I think they demean sheep when they use that reference. I think they should use the term "cow". The reason they refer to people as "sheep" in the Bible, is because most will follow anything. Even off the side of a cliff. At least sheep have the sense to run and scatter when something harmful approaches..cows usually just stand there and chew thier grass and look at you like "what???" I see this same expression on so many humans today. :tongue:

God gave human's BRAINS. My view, is when we stand before Him at judgement, He'll be looking at so many asking "why did you not use your's?"

And fortunately for them and all of us, we have a very understanding and merciful God. But just don't put me around them in heaven, because I'll smack'em upside the head and say "wake up ya idiot!" (more light-hearted humor, but this I would actually do) flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 08:00 PM

second of all, as far as I'm concern God is as complicated as human mind wants to make Him.
Suffering, as a general matter, is a consequence of Human sin.
Now some may argue why innocent people, faithful christians, and righteous people has to suffer if they are good people.
Well the best Man who have ever existed, My Lord Jesus Christ suffered the most horrendous dead a human being can suffer, yet He was sinless and innocent. why? because he had mission/purpose to fulfill.
Therefore, it follows that everything even suffering has a purpose. What purpose? well as i said before the purpose it's very specific to each person.
That is something that just the single individual and God can find out. Nobody else no matter how close we are or were to the specific individual who was in suffering.

Well I certainly agree with parts of what you are saying. But it is clear you are speaking from a "taught" frame of mind. And I understand since that is what you were taught, that is all you will understand, until or unless you broaden past what you are taught and expereince what God has actually made. Then take out what man has thrown in and you can get a new perspective.

Saying things like Jesus died the most horrible death imaginable, well that would show you have not much of an imagination (no disrespect, just whats true). His death was horrible, absolutely. But worst there can be, not even close. His was short lived, he was spared in that dept.

Again, please don;t get me wrong. Jesus is my Lord and savior as well and I totally understand His purpose here. It was because none of us (including and especially myself) could not ever come close to being worthy enough for God's grace that covers us all on earth.

And yes, suffering can have purpose, but again, not in all cases. It's like saying a woman getting pregnant is a gift from God. Well not really. he gave basically every creature, including man, the ability to reproduce after thier own kind. So to jump off and say each and every baby conceived is a "gift from God", well thats not a belief system I have been shown. Not saying its not special, but God made that in the master design of things, it was already set in place with creation. it's not like God reaches down and touches every woman that gets pregnant...that in 99.9% of the cases, it was a man who did that touching. (light hearted humor there) flowerforyou

And again, no disrespect to you or your belief. I just have a little different view point in life. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:47 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Tue 04/08/08 07:48 PM

first of all i didn't even read what u post when i wrote this. I just answered the inital question.flowerforyou

That's cool. No offense taken. Just a suggestion, ya might learn new things if you read them first. Details in life, just like in most everything, actually do matter. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:43 PM

hillary is a joke to this world..she we only make this world in worse shape then its in now.

Hmmm and McCain and Obama will do any better? Do you look at things like political "contributions" that are in the hundreds of million of dollars for each campaign? That for a position that pays $250K for 4 years (with good bennies too)

Come on, they are ALL BOUGHT AND PAID FOR! Do you think anything good will change with ANY of them? They are ALL CARREER POLITICIANS! noway huh

Only ONE WAY OUT..get rid of them ALL, start from scratch! This boat has too many holes in it and its sinking FAST..time to build a NEW boat! drinker bigsmile flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:32 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Tue 04/08/08 07:35 PM

first of all, God does not punish. We punish ourselves through our actions. If we act good we get good back, If we act bad we get bad back. Very simple 2+2=4.
second of all, it's true that God knows everything for the single fact that in God our conception of time does not exist which means that what for us is 100 years ago for God is now, and what for us is 100 years in the future for God is still now.
In God every single rule of physics loses validity and application, so no matter how much Einstein killed himself developing mathematical formulas it's worthless in God's dimension. That is the only reason why God knows everything.
=============================================================================
I believe that God created human beings to fulfill a purpose, yet it's a very personal purpose. Each one of us has the duty to find such a purpose during his/her lifetime. Hopefully with God's grace we can end our lifes knowing that our purpose was fulfilled.

TLW

OK, wait a sec here. And I do NOT mean disrespect in your view. I simply see it as flawed. It's NOT as easy as 2+2=4.

First I state clearly I believe in God and Jesus and the Bible and more importantly what God has created. With that said, I have experienced enough in life to know that things like "you do good you get good" or if "you do bad you get bad" is NOT set in stone. I know the Bible says "you reap what you sow", but that is NOT in all cases.

I have seen enough in life, I have questions about what some people teach. I have seen innocent children die, they have done nothing bad, why should they suffer and die??? I have seen good people, one in particular comes to mind. I knew of no better Christian woman in my life, yet she battled cancer, believed in God the whole time, NEVER once losing faith, but she suffered a terrible death after many years of battling it. Andf there is case after case like this.

So just pointing out, to say something is so "simple", God didn;t make it that way. God is more complex then every human's mental capasity could ever even imagine combined.

And to clearfy even further. Even Einstein before he died stated he believed there was a "master creator". Although he did not refer to Him as "God", even Einstein knew all this was no accident. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:22 PM
And from a woman!! I'm IMPRESSED!!! noway drinker drinker drinker laugh

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:59 PM

They've been playing around with this for some time now. In fact there are a few companies that have released retail packages and services.

http://www.liarcard.com/?gclid=CMeRnp3vzJICFRpPagodm3UWHw

http://www.voicepolygraph.com/

http://www.lie-detection.com/

Damn I'm in trouble..."No honey your the only one"

LOL..nah, you'll only be in real trouble when they come out with the "electro-shock" version that zaps the liar each time they lie. noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou