Community > Posts By > AdventurousOne

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:55 PM

Just so many changes in the family values over the past 20 yaers or so... have we really progressed or digreesed???

Is this a trick question??? Or isn't it pretty obvious what is staring you in the face from this world? I think if you read back you have already answered this one for yourself...just think a min. bigsmile flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:53 PM

Love In its truest form... to think of the other as the beneficarary not oneself... I believe that has been removed in our ME , Me , Me society and partners make decisions based on themselves not thinking as a serviant mate... and yes this goes for both Male and female to each other.

True Love the essence of a God Given sharing of souls... the mergence to become one (as In the trinity)

To truly feel blessed you have your mate not settled that they are good to you.

to be unable to accept anything or anyone above your mate.not by obligation but by choice.

Treat the marriage vows as they are... a promise, a contract binding.

it just seems that people have taken to choose the easy road... as long as it is OK, maybe even good we can marry... but if i don't like it can divorce as easily and quickly as i married... then to act like the other is worthless... when they had the value of your promise that one sacred day.

Well you have some good ideas in some forms here.

You are a younger generation and its still getting worse.

I come from a time and place that does not exist anymore and you are probably to young to have ever seen it. Now, you may have seen parts of it from your parents (and it sounds like that and that is a very good thing) but you have never experiences it through sources outside your family.

Now where and when I was raised, basically the huge majority of the time, you could count on what a person was saying to you, good , bad , or indifferent.

If they said they were going to help you, you could count on that and they would do everything they could. If they said they were going to kick your *ss, then you better get your fists up, because its coming.

And I was never a "me" person, so I can only understand from an outsider's view.

I would easily and without thought of self, stand in front of any kind of harm for someone I loved. I have always cared about those I love more than myself. Not that I have low self esteem or value, I am a very confident person and in who I am. I simply know the true definition of love, which would be careing more about that other person than yourself, without reservation and or agendas, etc.

To find "true love" these days...good luck brother. because you are talking in terms of a marriage style relationship and that takes more than just "love".

It's a relationship that must connect on many levels and can be a complex maze at times. And now we live in a world of the selfish and self-centered, add to that all the confusion and ignorance (in its truest form again), then you would find something extremely rare...and either of you would be fools to ever let that go.

Sounds like you are on a decent road to discovery...hope you find your way! flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:40 PM

They do???...They must be trans

Well I didn't know they did either. Can't say they are trans...and I have no idea why they would. Maybe some guys are just that lazy they won;t even stand to piss??? noway huh

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:37 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Mon 04/14/08 11:38 PM
I'm not a "religious" man, but got this and had to share it, because I do agree with it. From the father of a slain Columbine student.

<<<<Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers!

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational system s for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
GOD BLESS! >>>>

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:29 PM

This is truly something of my curiosity... so if you post... i will have no judgement... but maybe some questions on the how, why, what,

I see some real problems in your question.

First, you have to take into consideration how many people even know what the true definitions of these words are.

Unfortunately most people these days have no clue what the real meaning and value of these words are. They say things like "I love you" like it is something of very common place. They say it in an ignorance that astounds me (and I mean ignorant in its true form, they simply do not know, because they were never taught or learned a different form).

So first, do you know what you are really asking? And if you think so, what are your definitions? Give some examples. That way you may be able to get more detailed and direct answers. Many levels to be considered. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:19 PM

Well I have enjoyed my ice cream...:smile:

Was just talking to my man who I have been corrisponding with for some month...

We are planning a meeting...I have actually been working on how to go to him ....it could be as soon as next month...

His heart is thinking seriously of marriage..after we meet and see if we are compatible of course...

He is willing to even help me file my divorce that should have taken place 3 yrs ago..

Why....he is the most sweetst, caring, and most thoughtful and gentle spoken man....

He has a beautiful son that means the most to him...

I am willing to be stepmom again if things all click.....been there done that...

He is just amazing...

And his name is Buck....

:heart: flowerforyou :heart: smooched Buck..ur the best sweets...smooched

You know it, babe......and you are the GREATEST!! smooched

love flowerforyou blushing

blushing smooched flowerforyou happy

Best of luck!!!! Let us know how things turn out! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

::tick tock...tick tock...tick tock ::

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:10 PM

I agree with Lex for the most part here. Should always get to know the person first before making a decision.

Lex, tell them how many people online are fakes. I think you said one time like 8 out of 10 wasn't it? Just from your personal experience? drinker flowerforyou

8 out of 9, as far as the ones I actually met in person.

And there you have it from real life experience folk's! My only real point is one thing... JUST BE CAREFUL!!! flowerforyou

(I know, its amazing you have to tell adults things like this)

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:55 PM

Marry? Not bloody likely, I haven't even seen anyone remotely datable on here yet! And I've been married once already; not about to repeat that sort of disaster without some prior massive head trauma....

Well...that was rude ,maybe you are being judgementalhuh

Lord, it must be difficult for people to function after a humorectomy....I'd recommend taking the time to get to know the posters here before you go jumping to conclusions....

I agree with Lex for the most part here. Should always get to know the person first before making a decision.

Lex, tell them how many people online are fakes. I think you said one time like 8 out of 10 wasn't it? Just from your personal experience? drinker flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:52 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Mon 04/14/08 10:52 PM

Well you asked for who would we marry and nobody not even you gave a name, except for two of us.......and the rest are joking or telling you they don't want to name names, or stating that they don't see themselves getting married to anyone, nevermind someone on this site.

flowerforyou flowerforyou

Good post!

And I agree, yet a couple above think I'm negative or dissing the system?? Ummm no, just being HONEST, because its TRUE. Geez. Lets get defensive on the playground. noway :tongue: flowerforyou

And this post also goes to show yet another point. If we are "adults" , don't you think we should ACT like them as well and not play little Jr High or high school style games like we are still 13?? I mean like this posted pointed out, no one naming names, they are just hinting around like a bunch of little school kids. noway huh yawn

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou (peace!)

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:37 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Mon 04/14/08 10:39 PM

i married him..... stupid me.....

noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway huh

Not thats FUBAR! noway huh sick

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:34 PM

never felt the need to post.... reading others was enough.... but if i know that someone is bogus i dont want anyone else to suffer the same fate as me....

I totally agree. I have even just recently had a little forum discussion about this very kind of subject.

But again, it's thier rules (JSH) and they simply don;t want to have anything negative" posted even if it is true and you could prove it.

Simple economics is what is comes down to. No accountability means more internet traffic which equals more advertising money for JSH.

Og the almighty dollar...and hey look its only worth about 50 cents now! drinker huh

In all sincerity, sorry for your pain. But don;t expect JSH to do anything, because in all reasonable likelyhood, they won;t do a thing and the person you speak of will just change to a different profile, etc. and contnue. :cry: flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:28 PM
When its just evening in Hawaii, the rest of the USA is sleeping. noway huh yawn

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:26 PM

I didn't know there's imposters herefrown

Hmm would this be an oxymoron... I'm a "real fake!"??? huh yawn

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:18 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Mon 04/14/08 10:19 PM

i want alert others about an imposter among us but there are so many rules taht prevent me from doing so.... so what do i do?????

Really nothing you can do. JSH is a place that does not allow anything "negative" to be said about anyone...much to the dismay of users like yourself.

Sorry, but not my rules..it's thiers. :cry: flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:08 PM
LOL, I think the term they use for someplace like California would fit here... "land of fruits flakes and nuts".

So to say you would marry a person from here, well I have to agree with the poster who said that would be a "stretch"...and that would be putting it lightly.

There is one plus here, at least if the person posts in the forums. Then you can get a little perspective to see if they "have a life".

Seriously, if someone is here basically everyday and for at least a few hours, that could be a pretty good indicator of having "no life" and the odds of them being emotionally dependent would be very high. huh

And many others are simply fakes, frauds, addicts (mainly alcohol) and many other mixes.

OK, don't want to sound negative here, just realistic. You CAN find someone good on the internet...just be REALLY CAREFUL! flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 10:20 PM

not all guys do thatdrinker drinker drinker

LOL..yeh but 96% are THINKIN that! noway :tongue: laugh laugh flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 10:15 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Fri 04/11/08 10:17 PM
Well thats an easy one...because guys are "visual" creatures. Simple as that. flowerforyou

PS and to go on a "dating site" to make friends..kinda lame IMO..go to Friendster or a "friends" site..there are tons of them. So if you are on a "dating site" expect those questions. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 10:11 PM

so then we understand.....perhaps..
flowerforyou flowerforyou

Yeh, looks clear from here. bigsmile flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 10:10 PM

Well i say that its nice to have someone to lean on in a time of need, its also nice to have someone that needs to do the leaning...

as far as the "i can do it myself" person,

my grandpa used to say that a true gentleman will open the door for a lady

my grandma would say that a true lady will stand there and let him

AMEN to your grandpa and grandma!

Will have to admit, would be kind of hard for me to do any "leaning", simply because I'm not use to that and have basically always had to reply on me. Don;t get me wrong, I have great friends in my life and they are there if I ever need them. But I only have always leaned as a very last resort.

Would be nice not to have to be the strong one all the time, but I just don;t think I would know how to do that. Too many years being the leaning post..not sure how I would react not having to be the strong one. Might not be possible at this age.

But will always treat a woman like a lady. Thats built in too. So there is a good thing that will never change. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Fri 04/11/08 10:04 PM

I'm in southern CA at the moment..96 tomorrow..101 on Sunday. Take some of this PLEASE..we can spare at LEAST 25 degrees for ya. flowerforyou

ill take your heat if you take my snow =)

LOL..I'll pass on the snow..but you can take 25 degrees right off the top here bigsmile

I'm leaving out Sunday morning, going down to San Diego and Imperial Beach for about a week, so will be much cooler there. flowerforyou