Community > Posts By > AdventurousOne

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:54 PM
Hmmm, hate to break the news, but "lie detectors" have a very low success rate. That has already been proven and is why they can't be used in court and have not been able to for years.

I personally know first hand they are not accurate. I took one at age 19 for employment, told the truth on every question (even admitted I DID inhale) and they told me I failed it. Yet another guy lied and passed.

So if this is going to be a method of weeding out liars...just remember, the ones who lie all the time have a lot of practice and can fool many people and even more machines. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:46 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Tue 04/08/08 06:47 PM
Woman clearly more effective at feelings, without doubt. But motivations??? Hmmm, don't see that as gender bias near as much...I think motivations are equal. huh

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:42 PM

1st, some of these protestors need to take a chill pill. To attack a disabled former athelete to get your hands on the Olympic torch, that makes you just as bad as who you're protesting against.
The main topic is should we boycott the games or not, and Pelosi wants Bush to at least boycott the opening ceremonies.
Be careful about messing with a China that our Government has been borrowing billions from to sustain the empire. Besides that debt, we have a extremely imbalanced trade deficit with them.
The United States and China share the most imbalanced bilateral trade relationship in the world. The United States imports more goods from China than it exports to a tune of $202 billion dollars each year. All told, China alone accounts for nearly 26% of the United States' $725.8 billion trade deficit.

Then again, they have been shipping us all kinds of poisoned goodies. I personally don't think these atheletes should pay for the Chinese Governments indecency.

Good post! drinker

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:37 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Tue 04/08/08 06:37 PM

<<<<<<<<<.......Oh, one more thought here too.... the Bible begins with "In the beginning... " right? Now show me at the end of Revelations where it says "THE END"!!?? It doesn't, because there is MORE!!!......>>>>>>>>>>>>

~~~~~~~~~~~

Exactly.

When we leave this earth, we all will still be.... somewhere.

The Question is....

Where.....

Will...

YOU....

Be..........

Spending............

Eternity......................................................

Sorry, had to shorten your LONG string post there. flowerforyou

Me? I'll be spending mine away from all the IDIOTS I hope. If I get stuck with all these people, whom God gave a BRAIN, yet all they do is let it gather dust, then I will know I'm in hell! noway :tongue: laugh

It's amazing. God gave us ALL brains, yet so few will actually use them.

So I'll wave as I am riding my horse by your mansion on streets of gold, while I head out to my place in the country...ya know, that little cabin by the creek. flowerforyou

If God gets to have the vengence against these idiots, well, I figure He can have all the compassion for them as well. bigsmile flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 06:25 PM

Ive read back over your posts. You cant even get your facts straight let alone ask a direct question. (one that has any merit to an answer I havent already given you!)

You sound like either a Chinese National or a communist to me!
The way you post after me on this topic and no others, Id almost swear your name is Gary or Henreey, or your in love with me!

Psst, Im not gay man!

(not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Get a life, you obviously dont understand what a moral standing is! Id have to guess, (since I dont know you,) that youve already failed!drinker

Hark!! I hear MORE BLAH BLAH...no answers, just blah blah! huh yawn

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:38 PM

the Bible says that GOD knows everything from beginning to end.
So when he created us he knew we were going to sin and that he was going to punish us. So why have created us in the first place??

Oh, one more thought here too.... the Bible begins with "In the beginning... " right? Now show me at the end of Revelations where it says "THE END"!!?? It doesn't, because there is MORE!!! noway huh drinker bigsmile

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:34 PM

Last months issue of Cosmo????? noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

sorry dont read cosmo

Just jokin, sounds like something from one of those style mags. bigsmile flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:33 PM
Classic!!! drinker laugh

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:30 PM
It was a practical joke...the whole thing...all for a laugh... and it keeps on going. It's simple if you think about it. bigsmile huh

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:28 PM
Last months issue of Cosmo????? noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 05:19 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Tue 04/08/08 05:21 PM

MMMMM,,, never mind!

See rose, I can be good!!!!flowerforyou flowerforyou

LOL, from what I have read from you..I can agree...you never(had a)mind. And STILL you don't answer DIRECT questions. AMAZING! bigsmile laugh

Here's to all those with the "blah blah" lip service! drinker drinker bigsmile

AdventurousOne's photo
Tue 04/08/08 10:11 AM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Tue 04/08/08 10:13 AM

Too bad you dont know what I do.
I believe you'd swoon!!!laugh laugh laugh laugh

It's very obvious what you do. Pay lip service. You sure can't seem to answer anything directly....hmmm let me guess!!! You do nothing but pay lip services...you don't answer anything directly questioned...and you don't seem to know jack....you must be a POLITICIAN!!!! noway noway huh laugh

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 08:33 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Mon 04/07/08 08:44 PM

Thank God everyone doesnt think like you!

Nothing would ever be done.
Everyone would sit around going,
That wont do any good!
If you do nothing, then
you've already failed!

At least they're trying,
instead of trying to talk people
out of trying!

Forget morals and human rights,
Lets kayak!!!

What's your plan?

You dare even TALK "morals and human rights"???

Umm, try answer a straight question maybe???

I'll keep this simple so maybe you can understand and will ask straight out.

"HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING, BESIDES LIP SERVICE, TO STOP THE AMERICAN DEATHS IN IRAQ SINCE ITS TRADING AMERICAN LIVES FOR OIL AND THE POLITICAL POWERS THAT BE!!!???" huh

Question number TWO.. "HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING, BESIDES LIP SERVICE, TO HELP STOP THE COLD BLODDED MURDER OF OVER 650,000 PEOPLE IN AFRICA FROM ETHNIC SLAUGHTER!!!???" huh

Now, what will you do to support a boycot of the Olympics and what will its purpose serve? Hell, you'll probably even watch them on TV. huh

Seems to be your way is simple, lets "TALK" about it and see if anything gets done. The proof of that result is clear and evident right before you...yet you seem to be oblivious it would appear.

It's like an old saying... "it's like a monkey humpin a football..expending a lot of energy, getting little saticefaction".

Again, try answering direct questions with direct answers. be EFFICIENT and get SOMETHING actually accomplished. A dog can spend all day chasing his own tail...but what good has come from that too? flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 06:57 PM

old? nah . . just wise.

LOL.. could not go that far. How about just "not that stupid anymore"..can that work better for me? noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 06:49 PM

dangerous but good yes . . . you just gotta know where to go . . .!

Cool. I would kind of figure because of the coastline, thats why I never really checked it out.

But getting a little too old for too much "danger"...unless I know the waters. Had some 30' faces back at pipeline earlier this year. Some of the new guys are really running well..makin me feel old now. :tongue: laugh

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 06:40 PM
Wow! They actually have some good surf up the OR coast?? (serious question..only done Cali, Hawaii and some Mexico rides) flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 06:24 PM
Edited by AdventurousOne on Mon 04/07/08 06:33 PM

Cost of Olympic venues will be kept within $1.8b!

Thats just the Cost to China.
The income generated from Advertising alone is 5 billion US.
Then you have the local economy, hotels, restaurants, transportation, etc.!

Where in a communist society do you see the Chinese gov only benefiting a few million??

The Olympics is about World unity and brother ship!
5 Rings bound to each other.
Tibet was a peaceful community. They deserved none of what the Chinese have done to them!

Some things are worth taking a stand for!

As a great man once said, "If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." - Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

All these protesters are asking is dont hold the Olympics in China! Their actions show they aren't worthy!!

First, things just like all the advertising money does NOT go to China's government.

Yes, many businesses benefit from these things..they always do. 5 BILLION?? Not in China itself. Maybe world-wide revenue, that can happen.

Now can we get some priorities straight here!!!????

You want to put energy into a boycott on the Olympics. OK, which is MORE IMPORTANT, boycotting the Olympics, or getting US troops home safe and NOT sacrificing US lives for OIL!!????

What about in Africa where the genocide has been going on for more than 5 years now and over 650,000 people MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD has been happening!!???

And the LIST GOES ON AND ON!

And you want to put energy into boycotting something that will do absolutely NOTHING to change the Chinese government!!??? The same place that just bailed out US banks and holds the mortgages of millions of US properties in their hands???

Well, if that's the way you want prioritize things, that's up to you. I'm just letting you know there are much deeper and more critical causes in this world to take care of than something like boycotting some games.

The weapons of mass DISTRACTION...that's why nothing ever gets resolved or fixed..they keep distracting you with all the bs .. and the worst part is, people keep falling for it. flowerforyou

Let me guess,
You are the main spokesperson for the Chinese gov???laugh laugh

China spent 1.8 billion just building sport complexes, and your saying that was for them to take a loss?

As far as it doing no good!
What is good to you, nothing? I support these protests on principle and morals.
The Olympics are about world Unity. These protest are a demonstration of that principle. A lot closer than what China is doing in Tibet. Not to mention the many Chinese citizen that were made homeless in building their Olympic village!

But, hey lets play soccer!!!drinker

Hmmm, well you forgot to answer the previous statements. Guess you think its better to stand for boycotting the Olympic games, and let American soldiers die for oil, or Africans get murdered just because of thier heritage???

Just like the protestors already arrested today in San Fran..there message is "FREE TIBET", not boycot the Olympics.

Oh yes, and lets "support"..like American's even know what that word really means anymore? From what I have seen here in this country anymore, "support" = "pay lip service". Sure you'll talk about it all the time, but will you get out and DO SOMETHING??? I think NOT! Because most only pay the lip service. They don;t even take a little bit of time and actually make a physical effort (besides moving lips) to stand up and really do something.

Where I was raised, it wasn't a group of the sharpest tools in the shed, but you could at least know they did not just pay lip service. WORDS have ACTUAL MEANING and so many Americans have forgotten that. Even on the good words, like the phrase "I love you" they throw around like it's pennies in a vault full of hundred dollar bills..it basically means little to nothing to them, not realizing those are suppose to be some of the strongest words in life. American's IQ's are going down, per government strategy..why, because less educated people are EASIER TO LEAD AND THEY ASK LESS QUESTIONS! Mark it!

Again, my main point is if you are going to do antyhing, at least be organized and efficient..don't waste time by whizzing on a forest fire, its going to do no real good, even though it may make you feel a little better temporarily. flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 05:57 PM
On the first day, God created the dog and said:

'Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or
walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.'

The dog said: 'That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years
and I'll give you back the other ten?'

So God agreed.
On the second day, God created the monkey and said:

'Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a
twenty-year life span.'

The monkey said: 'Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time
to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?'

And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow and said:
'You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under
the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this,
I will give you a life span of sixty years.'

The cow said: 'That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty
years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?'

And God agreed again.
On the fourth day, God created man and said:

'Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty
years.'

But man said: 'Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the
forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog
gave back; that makes eighty, okay?'

'Okay,' said God, 'You asked for it.'

So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy
ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our
family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the
grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark
at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you. There is no need to thank me for this
valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 05:30 PM

A boycott of the Olympic Games in China will do absolutely nothing for Tibet. Save perhaps to have the Chinese government stomp harder over lost revenues, and give the government the ability to tell the 'little guy' on the street that the reason he didn't make money from tourists was the fault of Tibet. Give people a common enemy and they will follow you. So by all means give the Chinese government what it needs to gain support of it's population. A population already tired (remember Tianamin Square?) that is held in check even in the modern world (Internet Police do exist in China). As stated in another post the revenue that you hold back from the government won't hurt them but will hurt they little guy hoping that the revenues will improve his life. The revenues held back will give the government there what it needs to unite it's people against Tibet.

Great post! Yet more reasons. It's the GOVERNMENT..NOT THE PEOPLE! flowerforyou

AdventurousOne's photo
Mon 04/07/08 05:01 PM
I don't, never met them. They look cute, but could be a bunch of pirates or something ya know? noway huh laugh flowerforyou