Community > Posts By > Rathil_Thads

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:37 PM
*Looks a bit sad as he replies*

It is not a decision I have made lightly. I have more enemies then you will know. The less people that have connections to me the safer they will be. I already got Jericho killed. I won't let that happen to you or Finwe.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:30 PM

Why what? I was only saying that I am not sure why Finwe would do that with me if he has never done that before. He is a cute kid though.

Oh ok. Hmm could be because he knows that you are.....well never mind.

*Smiles a bit*

Possibly, although that is something that he probably shouldn't know for sure. Especially when we get Jericho back. Not something that either of them should know.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:21 PM
Why what? I was only saying that I am not sure why Finwe would do that with me if he has never done that before. He is a cute kid though.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:11 PM

Hmmmmm that's interesting.

What's that my dear?

He has not done that before.

Ah, I am not sure about that then.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:06 PM

Hmmmmm that's interesting.

What's that my dear?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:04 PM
*Rathil reaches out and takes Finwe from Alatariel. The baby settles down in Rathils arms and lays his head on Rathils shoulder.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:56 PM

I don't even know if I would call the feeling worry. I am not sure how I am supposed to be feeling right now and I think that is one of the things that is bothering me the most. It is not often that I don't know what to do.

Yes I have noticed that about you. I think everything will be okay. I and Finwe are here for you.

*Smiles a bit*

Part of me hates her and has no interest in seeing her again, and the other part of me won't let me leave until I at least see her again.

*He sighs a bit*

300 years...

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:45 PM
I don't even know if I would call the feeling worry. I am not sure how I am supposed to be feeling right now and I think that is one of the things that is bothering me the most. It is not often that I don't know what to do.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:41 PM

Yes it is. Look Finwe wants you. I am good. And you?

*Looks at the baby and grins a bit as he tries to reach his way towards Rathil*

I am about as fine as can be expected currently I think.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:36 PM
*Smiles a bit*

Good evening Alatariel. How are you this evening. Kind of quiet around here tonight hmmm?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:31 PM
*Rathil comes into the inn and takes a seat in his usual place behind the bar*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:26 PM
*Rathil reenters the inn and takes a seat behind the bar. Still looking rather upset over something.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 03:23 PM

I am saying it very loud and very clear : love your neighbour as you love yourself is just a piece of crap with no logic and against human nature.

I never did think of it as a law.

Think of it more as a suggestion.

Personally I wish my neighbor would move to another city. Her kids are always screaming and throwing things in my yard and her dog is alway yapping.

Maybe if I had another neighbor. Some really good looking dude who liked to lay out and sun bath in a speedo.... hummm

Yeh I could love that. :heart: laugh bigsmile

laugh laugh laugh drinker

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 03:18 PM

any so-called manly man isn't gonna fear god, women or another man...stand up, grow some nads and ignore the b.s. of the man haters that made this country politically correct...god feared the duke
if you are a REAL man,you will fear GOD

I never understood the term godfearing. It has always been my impression from people who try to convince me that God is great that he is a kind, loving, and forgiving being. Why should I be afraid of that? Unless of course all those people are lying to me. In which case I should probably fear those people. If they lied to me who knows what else they will try to do. Although of course then that means that the God they worship is actually Cruel, Malicious, and Unforgiving. And if that is the case I wouldn't want to associate myself with him anyway. Either way something just doesn't add up about a godfearing person. huh huh

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 03:12 PM

I personally don't beleive christianity is a religion..or belief that you "practive" i believe it is more of a active lifestyle..not a whole lot of rules to follow...only two.

Love God with are your heart
and love your neighbor as yourself...pretty easy in my humble opinion

There is nobody on earth who loves his or her neighbour like he or she loves himself or herself .Be real , where are you living in planet xyz ?. Did you see the video where a person was killed by a car and people left him there dying with no concern ?.

thats not true sam.not all would have done what those people did and i was shocked to see such ignorance and callousness.Many people give of themselves and put their lives on the line daily for others.cops,firemen,medical personell ,volunteers etc.
i know you are cynical but I feel there is a lot of good in the human race.

Loving your neighbour as yourself is agianst human nature where selfishnes and greed are supreme .

Eh, the problem is you are talking in absolutes here. Really when it comes down to it it depends on the situation you are in. For example, My best friend, I would take a bullet for that man and I am relatively sure he would try to do the same. Although no, I would not step in front of a bullet to save a complete stranger. I would probably try to help them if they were still alive afterwards and the chances of me being shot myself were removed.

Does that make me selfish? Probably. I am sure I could make an argument for it either way. Although I do disagree with you when you say everybody is like that. I have met people before that would lay down their lives for a stranger just because that is the type of person they are. Whether they were raised that way or whether they just have a higher sense of morality then some people.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big promoter of doing the right thing but I am also a big promoter of self preservation. I weigh the options of my chance of injury versus doing something to help a stranger. For example if I am in a bank that is being robbed. If I feel that they are just going to take the money and leave, I am going to sit there. Give them my money and wish them a good day on their way out. If they are more unstable and it seems like regardless of what happens they are going to start shooting folks I would take whatever actions I felt necessary to try to stop them. In that situation I already feel I am going to be killed. So if I try to stop them two things will happen. Either I will be successful and save a bunch of people or I will be shot and killed anyway.

Anyway, cliffnote version is that the way people act and behave is not absolute. You can't say that nobody feels that way just because you don't. There will always be people that will put the lives of others before their own for whatever reasons.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 02:53 PM

I am ordained by the original Universal Life Church. Anyone can get ordained with a few clicks of the mouse. It is a legal ordination. My church is not incorporated. I have one official member. (Me.)

I do have an unofficial congregation of four women. We meet on Wednesday nights and do readings, both psychic and tarot cards.

My title is: The High Priestess of The Universal Life Church of Brutal Truth and Honesty.

My self made directives are:

1.) Do what is right.
2.) Speak the truth as you know and understand it.

Jeannie

Thanks Jeannie. I am going to have to write that down so I can remember. I knew it was a long title! drinker drinker

Also I apologize Tribo. LOL! Guess I didn't catch the original joke. So hard to do sometimes online! Have a good day man! bigsmile drinker

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 02:14 PM

goddess jellybean, you may be right!!!you may have to give up your life of tarotism and repent - why not god did bigsmile flowerforyou

Tarotism? laugh laugh laugh WOW! a new word. I like it! I like it!

I was never baptized by snow. I only accepted Santa on the word of a trusted parent. I took their word for it. THEY LIED!!huh

Tarot cards are mostly works of art to me. They are also cards. They do not predict future events, they only reveal the energy of the moment... which is the eternal now.

I don't consider them a religion or sacred. But I will chastise anyone to tries to tell me that Satan controls or is behind tarot cards or that they are a tool of the "devil."

That is just a bunch of superstitious nonsense. huh

How they work is very interesting and complex and has to do with the way the mind creates reality with thought.

I don't know all the details. I just have faith. bigsmile

flowerforyou Jeanniedrinker

"FAITH???" - hmmm never thought i'd hear you say that - faith in something?? what a concept - do you believe one could build a religion out of that ??smokin

You can have faith in things that are not religious in nature. All it is trusting in something so it doesn't surprise me to hear JB say that. :-)

And I do believe that she could form a religion out of it if she chose to. She is already a priestess of her own church. I wanted to join but I guess it's a one person thing. :cry:

laugh I'm sorry Jeannie. I can't remember what your official title is or what the church is called. What is it you are a priestess of again? I know I have seen it several times I just can't remember. grumble

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 10:20 AM
Anyway, I must depart for a bit. Goodbye for now my dear. Hopefully I will see you again soon.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 09:11 AM

Ah I see. That restless feeling getting to you?

No, Not quite. There is someone from a very long time ago that will be coming into town soon. Most likely today and I am not sure that I want to see her. It has been almost 300 years since the last time I saw her and needless to say we did not part on the best of terms I am afraid.

*He lowers his head a bit as he talks.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Fri 06/06/08 08:51 AM

Oh where will you be going?

I haven't really decided yet to be honest. I am currently torn between a decision to just get away from Sinatorium and a need to stay because of the orcs outside. Hell, I may not even travel anywhere. I may just go outside the gates and kill orcs for a week or so. I am really not sure. I don't know what I want to do.