Community > Posts By > Rathil_Thads

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 11:17 PM
Excuse me all, I have a bit of work i need to attend too. I will see you all at a later date. Good evening.

*Rathil leaves the Inn*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:55 PM

alright, and congradulations are in order,, shall i buy you a round?

Not necessary. I had quite my fill to drink this morning when I got back.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:51 PM

i am tryiong to feel this stranger out, she likes to irritate people,, how was your day

*Smiles a bit*

I wouldn't give her too much thought. She seems to like you as long as you are not an elf, or at least not me. Perhaps there is just something about me that offends her? I am not quite sure but I have much more important things to concern myself with than her petty anger.

My day was very sore to say the least, but I am feeling much more up to par right now and I got Alatariels baby back from Esane. So all and all it was a good day.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:46 PM

evening rathil

Hello my friend, how are you tonight?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:43 PM
*Rathil walks back into the Inn finally walking as if he doesn't still have the pain from before. He is wearing the cloak that Kiree gave him earlier in the day. He walks in and sees Barbus fooling around with a poll.*

Hey Barbus, nice... poll you have there?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:29 PM

A New cloak

*Laughs a bit*

I forgot you were in town my friend. As always I owe you another one. Alas I must depart now.

*Painfully stands up and makes his way out the door.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:27 PM

Hey old Friend Says Kiree Heard you are in need of one of these Here you go Rathil

What's that?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:21 PM
*Rathil merely shrugs, he is not one to let other peoples feelings and emotions get to him. If Sabrea has a problem with him it is her problem to sort out.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:04 PM

Ones strength grows with determination and time. Esane spends so much time in the abyss where time is accelerated that she actually appears to be much older than she is. She has been able to master much more than she would normally be able to take on over the years. And now because of her I need to purchase a new displacement cloak.

*He says with a sigh*

Those things are not cheap.

*He unhooks his cloak and throws it on the bar not even realizing that the back of his shirt is totally charred through showing charred and blistered skin. It was hard to see as he was wearing the cloak.*

She hears Rathils talking. She yells out. "I THINK WE SHOULD TAKE UP A COLLECTION FROM EVERYONE SO YOU CAN GET THAT CLOAK..IT WOULD BE FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE. YES THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD DO!!!!"

Oh, there is no need for that. I can afford it. I just need to travel a little bit to get it. No merchant in this town sells something of that magical quality.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 03:03 PM

*Raises her eyees at Rathil and stiffens up again. She then looks at Taledor* If only all were as respectable as you are miss.. *Gaze falls back to Calliope*

M'lady, It is quite rude to prejudge the respectability of a person you know nothing about and if that is what your mood has been so sour about then I truly do feel pity for you. However if you would rather stand in the doorway eyeballing people I will not stop you. If the worst thing that is said to me today is that I am unrespectable, I would imagine I am having a pretty good day.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:59 PM
Ones strength grows with determination and time. Esane spends so much time in the abyss where time is accelerated that she actually appears to be much older than she is. She has been able to master much more than she would normally be able to take on over the years. And now because of her I need to purchase a new displacement cloak.

*He says with a sigh*

Those things are not cheap.

*He unhooks his cloak and throws it on the bar not even realizing that the back of his shirt is totally charred through showing charred and blistered skin. It was hard to see as he was wearing the cloak.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:50 PM

"So we will see that terrible person again." she shrugs her shoulders.

She looks at Sabrea, "Why are you so bitter? And what are prisses?..I dont understand what that is" She walks over to her table and looks up at her.. Calliope is a 3ft hobbit with a hairy body, but a beautiful face.

I would imagine so yes, She is working toward some end and she really wanted the baby. I am just not sure what for.

She looks at Rathil with a strange look on her face, "I could imagine a few things, but I certainly hope they dont happen"

*Smiles a bit at the halfling*

They will not little one.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:43 PM

"So we will see that terrible person again." she shrugs her shoulders.

She looks at Sabrea, "Why are you so bitter? And what are prisses?..I dont understand what that is" She walks over to her table and looks up at her.. Calliope is a 3ft hobbit with a hairy body, but a beautiful face.

I would imagine so yes, She is working toward some end and she really wanted the baby. I am just not sure what for.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:42 PM

I AM A CHRISTIAN.

I have no problem with others beliefs, I just find the Christian bashing a little harsh. I tend to not speak up when someone groups ALL of us Christians together in the same group of people. Some of which I will note show a certain lack of tolerance, but please remember, not ALL of us are like that and it shows your ignorance to place a negative thought on a group of people, many of which you dont know and have failed to try to know. Some Christians or Some people might think like that but it is not ALL of us.

Thank you.

This (my original post that started this off) is my issue. I can not help being a "Christian" because I do follow most of the Christian belief system. People talk about christians as a group of people that lack thinking (just because a Christian opinion is different then theirs), tolerance, and individuality. Though I know that the Lord is our "shepherd" stuff does make it seem as a group we are followers. Personally I follow three main rules. "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you" Tolerance and kindness are key and that god is always with me (except during sex or showering). For me to be lumped in with a group that is being cateragorized as intolerant and followers is something I strongly object to. And all I was asking is for the "more tolerant non-Christian" to practice what she was preaching by realizing that I, like many christians, practice tolerance and kindness to those around us and do not wish to engage in an arguement that is based on an opinion versus an opinion where there will be very few winners if any.

See, I understand where you are coming from with that. Although you have to understand that people talk about the majority most of the time. I think that most intelligent people understand that there are exceptions to every rule. It seems like really what you are asking for is for us to put a "most" or a "some" in front of the word Christians. Which is what I try to do most of the time. Although sometimes I am typing fast and I may write something like "Christians do this and I find it illogical because..." Does that mean I think every single Christian does that? No, not really, just the majority. You just have to accept that as long as you know you are not closed minded to others believe like MOST Christians SEEM to be. Then we are not talking about you individually.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:34 PM
*Looks towards Calliope*

Esane is not gone no. She managed to get away. I was in a position to either get to the baby or go after Esane. I will deal with Esane another day.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:25 PM

She looks over at Sitka with a silly look, "You seem to be in good spirits. Glad to see you at play."

"Rathil, how, ah, when, ah..actually never mind..I wouldnt understand anyway. So the babe is ok" she sighs in relief..

Do you think I would have come back without the baby? Either both of us were coming back or neither of us were.

"I didnt say that, I merely meant that there are no spells or anything on him...that kind of ok" she lowers her brow

Ah, no. I imagine that it will be a very long time before that Necromancer casts any other types of spells.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:18 PM

She looks over at Sitka with a silly look, "You seem to be in good spirits. Glad to see you at play."

"Rathil, how, ah, when, ah..actually never mind..I wouldnt understand anyway. So the babe is ok" she sighs in relief..

Do you think I would have come back without the baby? Either both of us were coming back or neither of us were.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:17 PM

I posteed this topic because someone was talking about christians as a group and ridiculing them for the way they act, while not understanding that people are all unique. that is like me saying all muslims are terrorist or all asians are smart. I don't get why people lump all of us "Christians" in one category.

hahahaha!!

"christian's lump themselves in to the catagory of christian's - we have no power to do that - if you read my above statement's you'll understand that if your going to espouse your christian belief's on an open forum - then you had better be sure that what your stating is accurate as to what your bible states. if not then you bring debate/arguemwent to this arena - same hold's true if we make a mistatement of something we may quote. It's a 2 edge sword so to say - meaning that which you choose to use to cut with ( the word of god accoerding to the bible) can come back to cut you - if your mis interpreting what the bible states - or not understanding it correctly - BASHING?? = no, just straightning out, correcting mistakes, keeping everything on track as to quotes made and languaged used. guiding the mis-guided, re-instructing the confused sheep, opening the eyes of the beguiled follower's, giving them a chance to re-think what they have fallen into, followed because of devious men that rule the christian theology, teacher's of myth's rather than truth's,i personally feel for the follower's, but not!! for the religious leader's - even Jesus railed against them in his time - sadly a new crop keeps arising and continueing the deciet's of the former.

Hey, Do you read everything you read in a textbook? Remember Christ's teachings are a guide on how you should live your life. I personally believe in a lot of the christian teachings, with Christ and God and all but for everyone to lump all of us together as closedminded individuals is wrong.

no closemindedness intended - but be serious - if i claim to be an atheist (which im not) but claim to be - then i have "lumped myself in with atheist ways of thinking and believing - and if your knowledgeable of athest thinking's and believing - then you will think me to be just what you know of that belief or non belief system, not as an individual until maybe you get to know me on a personal scale - so if you state your a christian - that is where you will be lumped in like manner - it's not a put down - just a fact!!:tongue:

What do I call myself then, a non christian that does really believe in christ and reads the bible but doesn't fit into the stereotypical label of a Christian?

How about we answer this then. What is it you see that seperates you from the stereotypical Christian? Why does it bother you so much to be lumped in with other Christians? Is it because you don't fully agree with their view points? You just like being able to feel like your own person? I think if we can answer why you don't want to be catagorized with all the other christians we would be better able to understand where your concern is coming from.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:10 PM

drinker *Sitka is wiping down the counter* Same old same old. The dark girl in the middle of the doorway is causing trouble.. OR trying to. drinker

*Sabrea looks twards Calliope and then back at the elf*

"Hello, Sabrea, What a grand day...it is..."

"Rathil, where is the baby...is he ok" she is much too excited and cant settle down.

The baby is fine, He is with Alatariel. I am not sure where she made her way off too.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:09 PM

Calliope comes down the stairs.."Hello everyone..what's happening here.." She starts to giggle.

*Rathil smiles at Calliope*

Hello again little one.

She hears a familiar voice...shocked, turns and say, "Oh my lord, where did you come from? Are you Ok? " She talks so fast she is losing her breath...She runs over to him and gives him a soft hug. She sees that he is still healing.

*Rathil still winces a bit as he gets a hug from the halfling. His back seems to be giving him the most trouble*

Yes, I am fine. Just a little sore, He says with a wink