Community > Posts By > Rathil_Thads

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 02:04 PM

Calliope comes down the stairs.."Hello everyone..what's happening here.." She starts to giggle.

*Rathil smiles at Calliope*

Hello again little one.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 01:29 PM

Have you seen the requirements to be a Priest?
Don't even think about that you must be male and single. If you go to seminary school right out of HS you must study for 8 yrs. That, on an educational level alone, is very similar to med school!
Not to mention that generally they have been Christians since a very young age. How many Dr's were practicing medicine through their childhood?

Wow, I will admit that that I did not know. I actually think I am going to do that. Go look up all the requirements needed for that. That would be interesting to know. Thanks for the tip Fanta.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 12:56 PM
*Rathil looks to Sitka*

You are right of course I could, but I fear she would have to come in here to talk. I don't quite think I will be able to make it to the door in my current condition.

*He says it loud enough that he knows Sabrea could hear*

Although you should know I am not a miracle worker. I need at least some level of interest in her being happy to work off of. I have never seen her with a smile on her face.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 12:53 PM

Interesting topic here. Are there any other Christian that care to comment. Seems like non Christian type folks are on this topic. I have to believe that most non-Christian folks will bash Christian folks no matter what kind of stance you take. They hate the idea of Jesus being who he is to Christians. I don't worry about them doing what they do. Christ himself foretold of the madness long time ago. They did it to him, so what will make others who profess to be Christians be excluded from this?

Amen brother!

Lindy tells it like it is when she said,

In these threads, non Christians try to 'cover up' bashing by saying it is "discussion" conversation, madness.

Rather that ask someone who is in authority the questions they have, which isnt their motivation at all, they look for company and justification to continue the life they have chosen.

Why I can only guess, pride, denial, maybe an unwillingness to change, or perhaps an unsubstantiated since of worth and self-proclaimed superiority of knowledge. Whatever it may be it reflects in every post they make.

What do you mean by someone who is in Authority Fanta? Are you saying that there are only a few Christians that are qualified to answer religion based questions? I would imagine that anyone that follows the faith as thouroughly and without question as the people here claim to, that they could answer said questions just as well. Whose authority do you want us to turn to?

If you have a medical question where do you go?

If you have a legal question where do you go?

I am a Catholic, I may ask a fellow believer with more knowledge, but if I'm not satisfied with the answer I will go to a Priest. Often a prayer can provide the answer.

Which ever way you choose, or who ever you ask, to ask with a closed mind and heart, seeking only an answer that will satisfy your justification to continue on your current path will not help.drinker

For shame Fanta, I would think that you would know by now that I never ask a question with a closed mind or heart. I ask to learn and trust me I do not seek answers to justify my current path. I already have all the answers as to why I am on my current path. Doesn't mean I am close minded to others. I enjoy learning why other people think the way they do and why they believe what they believe. There is so much more to learn about people that just what they believe.

Also I don't believe that you can make the same argument that priests are as specialized in Christianity and doctors are to medicine or lawyers are to law. I have met many priests that are not as true in their faith as you would think they should be and I have met many people who are Christians that put the knowledge of some priests to shame. I don't believe that only priests can answer these questions, nor should the questions be posed to just priests. Although just so you know I do work with someone who is a priest on the other side. He works this job during the week and preaches on Sundays and I do ask him questions all the time. Then I like to see how many people on this forum give similar answers. Things are not always just Black and White my friend.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 12:38 PM

drinker *Sitka starts to wash a few mugs and looks back sadly at the girl in the doorway* She's always so sad. Only time ive ever seen her smile is when Brudus is in the room. I wounder why. *Looks at Rathil* why dont ye try to cheer her up? *Looks at the new half elf to come in* or you. drinker

*Rathil starts to stand up and winces in pain. He slowly sets himself back down in the chair realizing he is not ready to move again yet.*

It would do no good, No one can cheer another person up. Not really anyway, she has to be happy because she wants to be happy. Since she has appeared at the door she has growled at two people who walked past her and snapped at one of them. Besides I heard her mention something about the high and mighty so I can only imagine she was referring to my leaving. *He says with a grin*

You are the only one I have seen her show any respect towards as of yet today. I fear there isn't much I can do for her.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 12:22 PM

drinker *Sitka Comes back to the bar and Looks at Rathil questioningly* Everythin' alright luv?

*Smiles at the woman*

But of course! Couldn't be better.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 12:19 PM

*Looks at the bar tender and whistles for her to come over and pour her a drink*

drinker *Sitka looks up from behind the bar and raises an eyebrow at her and then sighs. She brings over a glass of ale and hands it to the girl int he doorway* You know lass ye shouldn't hide in the doorway. *she smirks* drinker

*Sabrea looks the human over and rolls her eyes* when the high and mighty leave I'll come in. For now *hands her a coin* just bring me the ale.

OOC: drinker = Bartender Sitka

*Rathil notices Sitka start to move around him and pour drinks as he is sitting behind the bar. He looks out the window and thinks to himself, "Is it really that late in the day?" He shrugs to himself but he doesn't get up to move from his seat behind the bar. Although he does wonder when Criani hired this new person. He doesn't recall ever seeing her before. He realizes though that that is more than he wants to think about right now and he is happy he gets a break from serving up drinks so he pays Sitka no mind.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 12:06 PM

Interesting topic here. Are there any other Christian that care to comment. Seems like non Christian type folks are on this topic. I have to believe that most non-Christian folks will bash Christian folks no matter what kind of stance you take. They hate the idea of Jesus being who he is to Christians. I don't worry about them doing what they do. Christ himself foretold of the madness long time ago. They did it to him, so what will make others who profess to be Christians be excluded from this?

Amen brother!

Lindy tells it like it is when she said,

In these threads, non Christians try to 'cover up' bashing by saying it is "discussion" conversation, madness.

Rather that ask someone who is in authority the questions they have, which isnt their motivation at all, they look for company and justification to continue the life they have chosen.

Why I can only guess, pride, denial, maybe an unwillingness to change, or perhaps an unsubstantiated since of worth and self-proclaimed superiority of knowledge. Whatever it may be it reflects in every post they make.

What do you mean by someone who is in Authority Fanta? Are you saying that there are only a few Christians that are qualified to answer religion based questions? I would imagine that anyone that follows the faith as thouroughly and without question as the people here claim to, that they could answer said questions just as well. Whose authority do you want us to turn to?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 12:01 PM

Alatariel and Finwe reenter the inn. She sees Rathil and walks over to him and whispers in his "hello grandfather"

*Smiles at Alatariel*

Oh come now, I am not that old now am I?

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 11:12 AM
Yes... Yes, I would imagine so...

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 11:03 AM
Hmm? *He says as he kind of comes too again and looks at the food in front of him*

Oh, I am sorry. I didn't even see you bring this to me.

*He picks up the spoon and takes a sip of the soup before putting the spoon back down to the bowl.*

Yes, very delicious, *He says with a smile* Thank you for that.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:59 AM
I think that is a very valid and needed to be made point. Most of the times we are just responding to inaccurasies(SP?) and things that don't make any sense. There are occasions where we will start up a topic asking a question that we want an answer too but most of the time we are just responding to things that are said that we feel need to be corrected or explored further. Which goes back to the fact that we know just as much, if not more than some of the Christians that just refer back to bible verses in their defense. We are not as uneducated as some would like to believe so before you make a post with some astounding "evidence" you should be able to back it up because we won't accept it as, "You should just have faith"

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:48 AM
*It doesn't even seem like Rathil notices when Galadriel comes back out. He leans back in his chair and winces a bit. It seems that not all of his wounds have fully healed as of yet.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:29 AM

hi rathil how are you today

*Rathil kind of looks up and smiles and he realizes she is talking to him*

Never been better, he replies. His voice doesn't have his same usual inflection however.
are you alright can i get you some of calliope stew you look like you need to build up some strength
galadriel looks around for calliope knowing she would know what to do for rathil. ah she must be in the back with pan i must go find her for rathil does not look well she will know what we need to do{rathil ill be right back}she goes toward the back of the inn quickly looking for calliope

*Rathil smiles and nods as he lets himself drift off into thought again. Replaying in his head the events of the last few days.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:28 AM

So Lindy, you can see we don't discuss Muslim beliefs, or Jewish beliefs, or pagan beliefs as much as Christianity because we have had a lot less personal experience with those other religions.

We were brought up with Christianity. We rejected it. Now you want to tell us that we have no reason or right to discuss it?

I think we are obligated to discuss it.

The only unforgiveable sin (in Christianity)is 'blasphemy against the Holy Spirit'. In other words, disbelief in the Holy Spirit i.e. rejection of Jesus Christ. The Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

The outlandish idea that "disbelief" is "blasphemy" is unreasonable. The idea that to question the chosen writings of the church (the Bible) is somehow an unforgivable sin of "blasphemy" and constitutes a rejection of God is ludicrous.

This single idea is the most "evil" one in the entire doctrine because it gives justification to the slaughter of non-believers and their innocent children. The justification of the slaughter is that they have committed an "unforgivable sin" and cannot be saved, ~not even by the blood of their savior. So the order from their god is to slaughter them ~ lest they pass their non-believing ways onto the next generation.

This is genocide, and anyone who believes this approves of genocide in the name of their god. They are taught that they should not question their god, the creator. They have no right to judge their creator for they are mere ignorant and sinful mortals who are at the mercy of their all powerful vengeful god.

I say that they are following and believing in a false and evil god.

That is why I speak out against Christianity. I believe it is "evil." I believe that some people can be saved from that evil.

You believe in speaking out against what you believe to be the evil Satan don't you? I am doing the same thing, but the evil is the false gods of all religions on the earth. They are all false gods and the worship and belief in them is the cause of war, strive and hatred among men.

Until people can come together with love, there will always be war and hatred.

JB

One thing I have found abut you is that you twist someone's words around, take it out of context.

Never did I say you had no "right", just stated the fact that since an individual is NOT a Christian, thus has no idea what the faith is all about because the non believe is just that - a non believer and has rejected the faith and does not follow it.

Your reason for discussing Christianity is totalty absurd.

If you do not like what God says in His Holy Bible - go tell Him! I do not care.

You have NO right to tell me what my Heavenly Father says is wrong. WHO are you to make this deicsion?

End of conversation. I do not go any further than this with non believers as God warns His children to be careful who we associate with, and greatly teaches us to be aware of false prophets and false man made doctrine. I only let Christian teaching into my home.

Please note you have not heard me bash any other faith. I speak of my own faith and my own faith only.

My Cristian faith - Jesus gives His children His peace, not as the world gives but only as He can give.

I never try to convert anyone. I love discussing with people who are truly interested in my faith - my Christian faith!

But I do not force my belief on anyone. Although there are those who say simply because I speak up and DEFEND my faith, that I am trying to push my belief on others and insist that I am right and they are wrong - that is just a lame excuse because they do not want to hear the truth about Christianity and that is their way of trying to turn people against Christianity.

Lindyy
:heart:

See, That's a double edged sword Lindyy. Because there are also those people that say just becaue we disagree with the teachings of that religion that we are bashing it. Or just because we ask questions and we expect a logical answer means that we don't understand and are lost.

We have every right to say what we believe is wrong with the religion just like you have every right to decide that you believe it is accurate. Which by the way you contradicted yourself a bit. In one sentence you said. "Never did I say you had no "right"" and then not more than 4 sentences later you said. "You have NO right to tell me what my Heavenly Father says is wrong."

The interesting thing I have always found about Christianity though is it truly is a religion where you have to rely on nothing but absolute faith. Although I never understood what the basis for that fait is. And that is why non-believers question. They are trying to better understand, Well most of them anyway. There are a few that just like to stir up trouble. Although when we ask serious questions in regards to the faith the only type of response we get back are either bible quotes or the response, You just have to have faith in God's wisdom. Only he knows the answer.

I will just never understand how people can put so much total faith into something that has not really given us a real reason to have said faith. I think that is why Belushi started the thread, "Why do you believe" and even there people keep coming in and stating things like, "I believe because I have faith" or "I believe because God is always there for me" Very seldomly do people give us actual answers and that is why the questions keep getting asked.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:17 AM

hi rathil how are you today

*Rathil kind of looks up and smiles and he realizes she is talking to him*

Never been better, he replies. His voice doesn't have his same usual inflection however.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 10:04 AM
*Rathil acknowledges Galadriel's entrance and tips his hat to her.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 09:19 AM
Edited by Rathil_Thads on Tue 06/03/08 09:20 AM

to be Christians be excluded from this?

Nobody is bashing Christian folks here. We are discussing Christianity, the religion. Madness? I honestly don't see any "madness." Where is anyone bashing anybody?

My concern is how can a non Christian discuss Christianity when the non believer in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior rejects Christ as the Messiah,John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have life everlasting."? The only unforgiveable sin (in Christianity)is 'blasphemy against the Holy Spirit'. In other words, disbelief in the Holy Spirit i.e. rejection of Jesus Christ. The Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Again, how can one (and why would one even want to) discuss the Christian faith when one is NOT a Christian and has not the foggiest idea what Christianity is all about unless it is practiced. Meaning, reading the Bible, attending church or getting together with fellow Christians to worship, praise, hear teaching on our Heavenly Father, Bible Studies on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, who is a person and who was given to us by Our Lord Jesus Christ when he ascended back to Heaven to sit at the right hand side of His Father, our Lord God Almighty.

Lindyy
:heart:

Just because someone is a Non Christian doesn't mean they don't know the Christain faith. I for one grew up a Christian, went to church every sunday and had Christian after school classes on Monday and Tuesday. I have also read through the bible. I know about the religion and I have gathered, like others have that the bible is full of inconsistancies and things that don't make logical sense. I am not the only one. Abracadabra was a Christian for 30 years. To say that just because people are not believers, that they do not understand the religion is not a fair assesment at all.

((I don't know why my quotes never seem to work. Sorry))

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 09:09 AM
*Rathil hasn't really said a whole lot since he got back. He is more or less just pouring himself drink after drink and staring off into space as if he is thinking about something. He seems more automated right now then anything. Occasionally he looks back to Alatariel holding the baby and smiles a bit before losing himself in thought again.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Tue 06/03/08 07:49 AM
*All of a sudden Rathil jumps to his feet and before she even sees his hands move his swords are in his hands. He is breathing very heavily. It takes him a minute to realize he is in the Green Dragon and the voice he heard was Alatariels. He shakes his head a bit and the swords vanish. He looks at Alatariel.*

I think I need a drink, *He says with a grin. He goes behind the counter and pours himself a glass almost as if nothing had happened.*