Community > Posts By > Rathil_Thads

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:42 PM

Well is everyone at the guild his?

No it is my fault. I came here therefore Esane came here.

She laughs a bit.

No, it was just me and Jericho. The only difference is I was born 250 years ago before Rathil even started the guild. He was a much different man back then. He truly was in love

*She smiles a bit as she remembers*

Jericho on the other hand was 25 years ago and I fear was just a product of lust. His mother abandoned him and Rathil wouldn't turn him away so he raised him from a baby. He is much colder now but he still has a compassionate side.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:36 PM

*puts head in hands*

I knew I shouldn't have come to this town. All I ever do is bring trouble. I should have stayed to myself. That way none of this would have happened.

You can't blame yourself for this. This isn't your fault. I will help you get them back. After all Rathil is my Father as well. I'll be damned if I am going to lose him like this.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:29 PM

No wonder he has stuck to me ever since he found out I was pregnant. I thought he was strange but he gat even stranger after that.

He went after the Finwe (the baby's name)
He is gonna get himself killed.

Not exactly, but unfortunately I don't know where he is.

*She moves over to the two runes carved in the floor*

You see Esane had to have known Rathil would go after her. Whatever she did last night to instill confusion she used to cover up a second vortex. So her and Finwe went through the real one and I can only imagine that Rathil jumped through the other one by mistake in the confusion. Which is why his weapons did not pass through.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:22 PM
I know. Jericho was born to a human mother and not all half elfs have elfish characteristics. I think even Jericho thought he was a full human and that is how Rathil has kept it all these years. Although we suspect that it was his elvin blood that gave him all the weird visions he used to get.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:17 PM

relation? What relation?

*Railinns eyes go wide and she puts her hand over her mouth*

Oh my, I am so sorry!! He told me he was going to tell you! I thought you already new! You know how secretive he can be but he promised me he would tell you.

*She lowers her head*

You shouldn't be learning about it this way but I guess I have no choice now. Rathil is Jerichos Father. Not even Jericho knew that. Rathil felt it would be better if he never knew.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:11 PM

Gramps? oh Rathil.

*Smiles a bit* Yes Rathil, I am sorry It has become force of habit. I have been calling him Gramps for the past two weeks or so just to get under his skin. He has been so excited these last couple of weeks. I know that wherever he is he is putting himself through hell.

Why have you been calling him that?

*Laughs a bit*

Well obviously because of his relation to Jericho.

*Looks sad*

It was so hard on both of us when we lost him. and now this, He will stop at nothing to get your child back.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:04 PM

Gramps? oh Rathil.

*Smiles a bit* Yes Rathil, I am sorry It has become force of habit. I have been calling him Gramps for the past two weeks or so just to get under his skin. He has been so excited these last couple of weeks. I know that wherever he is he is putting himself through hell.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:01 PM

*Alatariel smiles weakly and nods. Heads over to behind the bar and poors herself some elvin wine*

Would you care for some?

Oh no thank you, I don't drink.

*She begins closing up the vials on the table and cleaning up the dust off the floor because she made such a mess. She also walks over to a table she was sitting at earlier and gets a bouquet of flowers.*

I brought these for you, She says as takes them over to Alatariel

*Takes the flowers and begins to cry*

Thank you

*Goes and sits next to Alatariel and wraps her in a hug*

Oh, I am sorry. That was careless of me. I did not mean to upset you. I know how hard this is for you.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:00 PM

*Phara is just watching in awe of everything Railinn was doing*

What did you just do, please explain?

Oh that? My specialty is plane travel, All I did was conjure up an identification spell to attack to the residual energy left over by the open vortex. I needed to find out what plane the energy was linked too even though I was relatively sure I already knew. So I at least know where Esane went.

*Lowers her head*

I still have no idea where gramps is though. I can't identify the energy of the portal he went through. Whatever it is, it is not a planar portal.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 08:56 PM
*She nods as she keeps cleaning*

If you change your mind please ask for anything. I will probably be here awhile. I have a bad tendency to clean when I am worried and this place is still a mess.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 08:54 PM
Is there anything that I can get you before I finish up here? This mess is just going to drive me nuts, *She says as she starts cleaning some more.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 08:50 PM
Edited by Rathil_Thads on Sat 05/31/08 08:52 PM

*Alatariel smiles weakly and nods. Heads over to behind the bar and poors herself some elvin wine*

Would you care for some?

Oh no thank you, I don't drink.

*She begins closing up the vials on the table and cleaning up the dust off the floor because she made such a mess. She also walks over to a table she was sitting at earlier and gets a bouquet of flowers.*

I brought these for you, She says as takes them over to Alatariel

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 08:46 PM
*Railinn looks up and smiles*

Yes, A pleasure to formally meet you Alatariel. I only wish it were under better circumstances.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 08:40 PM
*As Alatariel comes down the stairs she enters just as Railinn has finished up her ritual. As the dust falls to the ground Railinn staggers back and falls into a chair. Alatariel recognizes this woman from the guild house although she has never spoken to her before.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 08:10 PM
*She takes her time in mixing and when she feels everything is in order she stands up and walks to the spot and carves another rune into the floor. She takes the dish of mashed up powders and carefully pours the powder into the lines of the rune. When it is filled up she stands up and steps back a little bit. She closes her eyes begins chanting. The dust she mixed begins to move around the floor and swirl around the rune. After a minute or so the red dust begins to sepreate itself from the rest and rises up into the air. It forms the same shape of the rune carved in the floor in midair over the rune. Railinn stops chanting and the dust hovers for a minute before falling back to the ground.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 07:47 PM
*Railinn comes running back into the bar carrying a few vials of powder and a dish and mortar. She sets everything down on a table near to where the dust had circulated around the vortex. She sits down and begins mixing a bit of each of the vials together and grinding everything up in the dish.*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 05:59 PM

Is there enough left of the real one to be able to determine which gate it opens?

I have heard that there is a way...

Yes, there is but I don't have the required materials here. I will have to go back to the guild house and get them. There is only a very small window left.

*She stands and runs out the door*

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 05:53 PM

Of course you are right but not always is it that strong. Sometimes you can not even detect such things unless you are trained and know what to look for.

*She nods* Very good, The energy is always stronger the fresher it is and it diminishes over time.

*She walks over to the real vortex where not much of the dust is gathered*

You see here how only about a quarter of the dust moved towards this energy. This energy is much weaker. This is the real vortex energy. It diminishes much faster.

*She walks back to the rune*

And this here is much more potent. This energy was manufactured with some very powerful magic. To make it look like a real portal. A lot of strong energy was put into this.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 05:41 PM
*She takes one of the daggers and etches a rune into the floor underneath where the votex opened and looks towards Re'anna*

There is always residual energy left over when a vortex to another plane opens. The difference is that the energy that is left over here doesn't lead to another plane.

*She pulls out a bag from under her robes and takes a bit of glowing dust. She throws it up in the air and begins to say a few words in a language unknown to Phara or Re'anna. The dust starts to circulate through the air. Half the dust hovers over the rune etched in the floor and the other half circulates in the air about 5 feet behind the rune.*

There were two portals here last night. Esane must have known Rathil would try to follow her so she set up a decoy vortex. She went through one and in the confusion Rathil must have gone through the other.

Rathil_Thads's photo
Sat 05/31/08 05:32 PM
*She moves over to where the daggers now lay and slowly moves her hand through the air over the daggers and her hand starts getting red hot. She pulls it back and turns around*

Is this where he went through?

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next