Community > Posts By > Blaze1978

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:09 AM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sun 02/08/09 02:10 AM
A few weeks after I moved to the city, I had to do the dishes at the place where I lived. The plates were piled to the ceiling. Little did I know when I accepted the duty was that one of my roommates had left a "gift" for me underneath the mountain of bowls and cups: An off-brown resin that lined the sink. For 20 minutes, I cleaned that sink, subduing the gag reflex the whole while. I later found out that the off-brown resin had once been peanut butter.ill

Blaze1978's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:03 AM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sun 02/08/09 02:03 AM
It's either "Casper: the Not-So-Friendly Ghost" or "Casper the Not-So-Friendly Ghost: Revenge of Casper."bigsmile

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 02/07/09 10:43 PM
I just got my live hookup today, and was going to the "Hero's Tale" website to unlock the otherworldly content. The first scene plays, but the next one doesn't load. When I went here last year, the whole thing played fine, now it doesn'tmad ...Is anyone else having this problem??

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 02/06/09 09:06 PM

You know, as hard as it may be to believe, at my job I work my ass off. And my job really does involve working your ass off, I've lost 50lbs the last three months. I don't mind my job, I love it actually. I get to interact with people all the time, I get to help them pretty much live their lives. It is very fulfilling. However, there is a girl I work with who does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Okay, there are 3 halls of people, 3 aides. In all there are around 40 people we must put to bed a night, around 15 per hall (give or take). Tonight I wrote down all the people I laid down (this includes brusing their teeth, taking them to the bathroom, getting them dressed for bed, and then finally lifting them into bed)and my list had 28 people on it. It should have only had 15, but I covered her hall as well. And tomorrow will be no better.

I'm on my 5th day in a row and my patience is wearing thin. I tell the charge nurse about it but nothing gets done. I have exhausted all my resources... What should I do? If I continue on to tomorrow and it happens again I feel like I'm going to blow up on her...

I'm so ****ing tired.

Someone at the call center I used to work at would begin every call with, "Hello caller, you're on the air..."

Even though he was supposed to be doing phone surveys, he would pretend to be a radio DJ.

If I'm honest, he was actually humorous to listen to. But when I thought of the people he was disturbing...and how he was giving the rest of us a bad name...I wanted to smack him in the head.

Of course I didn't say anything. It's not my nature to sabotage people. I reasoned that sooner or later he would slip up and do the routine when a supervisor was listening in on him.

The point I'm trying to make is...

...blow up on her.:tongue:

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 02/06/09 08:48 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Fri 02/06/09 08:50 PM

I read your profile... hmmm I'm thinking that you have a little inter conflict going on.. Facing fact and having low self-esteem can be the same thing depending on how it's done...

No you don't look gay and gay men usually go for attractive men, so although it may seem like a negative thing at the same time it's a compliment. As for the grandmom's, well I'm not sure what you consider a grandmom as you're only 21 most of us could be to you I guess...

Good luck!

Yeah, people do say I have low self-esteem but it's all been proven. It can't be a esteem issue if it's been proven (I can't even spell. See what I'm saying)? Is this really normal? Most of the people I have some fine girlfriends and even kids. but that's just my luck. I'll be walking down the street holding hands with some lady and people think I'm going with my grandmother. Is this really natural?

You're asking these things at your young age...wait until you get to be my age (I'm 30). Yeah, being alone sucks, but at some point, you've got to change your attitude. Hold your head up high, try to at least appear confident (even if you don't feel confident at a given time) and you're sure to get some positive results.

Take me. Years ago, I used to go out into the world with a cloud over my head. I was unhappy, and it showed. Then one day, I told myself I was going to hold my head up, smile and not slouch no matter what happened. On the very first day I did, women definitely took notice...I had a really hot one approach me that same day, and I could tell she was noticing my new approach.

If no one is approaching you, then you're probably sending out vibes that make younger women uncomfortable. Women just don't like the "sad, pity me" look because it implies you have baggage.

The world is not out to get you. Women don't all belong to some exclusive underground group that gets together at a secret nightclub every Friday night to discuss who won't be getting any. It's you.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 02/06/09 08:19 PM

laugh

Hypocrites.

"I don't mind sitting in a bar polluting my liver....just don't smoke around me."

Seriously???

I find it truly amazing that smoking socially has been accepted for hundreds of years in america, and now all of a sudden, one lady files a lawsuit causing millions of people to question it.slaphead

whoa sheeple....

What about those non smokers who are sick and tired (literally) of being trapped in a cloud of smoke in non-drinking restaurants...What about those of us who don't drink?

It's a moot point for me...the public smoking ban has been in effect through most of Canada for about a decade. And I for one am glad that my days of coming home from a public place feeling like I swallowed battery acid are in the past.

But anyway, who said non-smoking drinkers are hypocrites? They choose to drink, just as they choose not to smoke. It's not about hypocrisy, it's about personal choice.:smile:

I'm not talking about resteraunts. I'm talking about bars.

Personal choice indeed. Freedom....????

Think about it...

And to Singmesweet...america was the first to start the no-smoking trend. Most of Europe could give a sh!t. And....being over there a couple years ago, seeing some of the most in shape, healthy people I have ever seen.....smoking...in public. Well...I was flabbergasted...

Go over there, witness for yourself, and prove me wrong...

If you're referring to the freedom of blowing smoke in people's faces, well, count me out of your idea of freedom.

It's always struck me as strange how smokers are so quick to cite their freedom, generally with a complete disregard for the freedom of a non smoker to breathe reasonably clean air and to envision a future without an iron lung, but that's just my opinion.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 02/06/09 06:16 PM

That I take a break from the site now and then? I don't mean like a week here or there, I mean like months between being active. I dunno, I guess you reach a point where nothing serious ever happens and you wonder what the hell your doing. Am I alone here?

You just need to toggle your expectations.

I originally joined up thinking this site would help me go from "single" to "not single." I haven't had much luck at all, and so dismissed the notion of meeting single women through here long ago. Nonetheless, I still come here regularly to navigate the forums. But it is rare that I click on the search option.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 02/06/09 06:04 PM

I've been tracking a game since November of 2007. The release date was in less than three weeks. Two days ago the release date was pulled and changed to TBA!

That the heck is going on? I want my game!

Minor rant. Feel free to resume normal programing....

Ah, the plight of the gamer. I know it well.

Meh, I remember when I was all hyped up about Star Trek Legacy. The initial release for that game was to be September '06. Then they pushed it back to mid-October. Then late-October. Then three more delays in November, followed by another delay in early-December. In between, there was one or two sudden TBA postings...At one point, every site I went to had a different prospective release date. By the time Legacy was finally released in mid-December, I had bitten my nails to the bone.

It doesn't matter if the economy is good or bad...It might have an impact, but basically the state of the economy has very little to do with the million and one things that go into the production of a game. Games were being delayed long before the drought, and I suspect will continue to be delayed long after.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 02/06/09 05:55 PM

drinker drinker Here here ! To us! The geeks ! laugh

I bow to the superior geekdom displayed in this thread.:thumbsup:

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 02/06/09 05:33 PM

laugh

Hypocrites.

"I don't mind sitting in a bar polluting my liver....just don't smoke around me."

Seriously???

I find it truly amazing that smoking socially has been accepted for hundreds of years in america, and now all of a sudden, one lady files a lawsuit causing millions of people to question it.slaphead

whoa sheeple....

What about those non smokers who are sick and tired (literally) of being trapped in a cloud of smoke in non-drinking restaurants...What about those of us who don't drink?

It's a moot point for me...the public smoking ban has been in effect through most of Canada for about a decade. And I for one am glad that my days of coming home from a public place feeling like I swallowed battery acid are in the past.

But anyway, who said non-smoking drinkers are hypocrites? They choose to drink, just as they choose not to smoke. It's not about hypocrisy, it's about personal choice.:smile:

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 02/05/09 11:04 AM
Someone want to tell me what the hell is wrong? I was at the site, then logged out and went to yahoo.com (my homepage) but instead of the site, I got this pop-up that said "Would you like to save this program or find something to download it with" or some crap like that...well I tried opening a new window three times, and each time I get the same message. Now it's fine, or obviously I wouldn't be typing this.

Did I just dodge a virus?

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 02/05/09 10:50 AM

that was some funny **** coming from the batman... I cant wait to T4 comes out.

It better not be anything remotely resembling T3.noway

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 02/05/09 10:49 AM

...freakout on the set of the new Terminator movie.?:tongue:

OH MY GOD, THAT IS REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!

noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway noway

rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode explode

There's a new Terminator movie................And I didn't even hear about it???slaphead

Blaze1978's photo
Thu 02/05/09 10:43 AM

A thought began to occur to me as I have began reflecting on my participation in dating sites like Mingle. What are people really looking for? What are the standards they have when looking for someone to date? What qualities rule people out as an option?
Like i said in a previous blog concerning euegenics I have began to get the impression that these standards people have may be something of shallow in nature. My question to you all is what is acceptable when ruling people out as a potential match? Age? Race? Height? Weight? Education? Health? Employment? Seriously now, what in your opinion allows us as far as standards go to have the right to still say we are a civilized decent society and people? Or is it really as simple as natural selection, where the strongest and "best" are the only ones fit for selection? Just curious if I am wasting my time?

Someone who is reasonably attractive and isn't a "proud of being a b*tch" girl isn't asking for too much I hope.

We all have to have some standards, after all, otherwise how can we ever hope to be satisfied?

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 02/03/09 06:57 AM

Its happened to us all. u go n 4 the kiss an find out they r a terrible kisser! wat do u do?

U smack 'er in da head wit' yo' hot guitar, dat's wat u do!pitchfork

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 02/03/09 06:55 AM

popped into my head, so on that note, what's your favorite Madonna song?

The one where she does that thing...pitchfork ...you know...THAT THING...

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 02/03/09 01:12 AM
Buy disc, open disc, put disc in cd tray, close cd tray, play game. Simple gaming. If a game has enough issues and flaws that I would seriously like it to be modded, then it's not worth buying.

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 02/03/09 01:06 AM

This is exactly why I'm not a PC gamer.

Best way too go actually, I can do a hell of a lot more with Grand Theft Auto IV on the PC then you can on your console. Seems gamers get lazy and want one solid make of a system that will run infinitely, I will always be a PC gamer because if there is something I don't like in a game I can modify it out or change it.smokin

And that is exactly why I am not a PC gamer. I don't have the inclination or the patience to learn to modify and change it, and if I did know, I still wouldn't deem it worth the effort. Maybe that makes me a lazy gamer. So be it then.smokin

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 02/03/09 12:48 AM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Tue 02/03/09 12:50 AM
But it's not nature. If the polar bears go extinct because of the shrinking ice caps it will not be the result of any random cataclysm. It will be a direct consequence of what humans consciously brought about, and is yet another confirmation of the destructive power of man.

We all deny the evidence that the world is changing because we think it has no affect on how we live. But just wait. Eventually, it will affect us all.

To everyone who says, who cares about the polar bears, who cares about the whales and the birds and the trees and all those things because none of that has any negative reflection on my life, think about the cumulative impact on the world, and on your life when those things and others are gone.

Think about potential cures for serious diseases that are gone forever when people thoughtlessly level our rain forests for paper products and the like.

We're all arrogantly destroying the world around us, while convincing ourselves, "As long as it does not impact me in the here and now, who the hell cares?"

Instead of condemning environmentalists because they're concerned about saving something vital and important, concern yourselves of where the world will be in a few hundred years if nothing is done.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 02/02/09 11:18 AM
This is exactly why I'm not a PC gamer.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25