Community > Posts By > splendidlife

splendidlife's photo
Fri 03/27/09 10:22 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Fri 03/27/09 10:23 AM
...in self-preservation.

Oh, to see beyond it...

Oh, to break free!

GOD... without definition... Where are you?

Goodbye, definition.

The unknown has to be "heaven" outside this dungeon of self thus far.

Yes to floating in infinity, with nothing but unlimited possibility... Beyond any definition of ideas... things wished for.

Goodbye, tyrant of the mind, once shouting directives as to how things should be.

Tyrant, you no longer serve. Besides, there's nowhere left to go with you.

Let these eyes be used to see the outside... shake the clouds loose and see loved ones without this veil of self-desire.

splendidlife's photo
Thu 03/26/09 02:57 PM

So you see.....

The Holy Spirit not only comes to INDWELL a believer

(which happens the VERY instance one is born again).....

But.....

the Holy Spirit will ALSO FILL UP a beleiver !!!!!!

BUT...

here's the thing....flowerforyou

a beleiver has to WANT TO become filled......

and has to WANT TO DESIRE MORE of GOD !!!!!

And When a believer TRULY DESIRES MORE OF GOD.......

and gets into God's PRESENCE........

and asks God to FILL him up?

Do you think God will say NO????

Of course not.....flowerforyou

So ....Believers out there...do you want MORE OF GOD????!!!?

THEN ASK GOD TO FILL YOU UP WITH THE HOLY GHOST!!!drinker

AND HE WILL!!!!!!drinker

PRAISE GOD!!!!flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

I've seen someone very close to me (my sister) become "Born Again"...

I guess she needs a do-over, cause it didn't take.

I'm not asking for instructions on how to do it the "right" way...

Consider this...

You believe that one MUST be Born Again to save themself. You believe this to be true for YOU. Since you believe this is true for you, you will only see your truth as truth for every other human alive. This means you won't allow yourself to really see anyone else but yourself.

That's just not love.

splendidlife's photo
Thu 03/26/09 02:47 PM

A Christian isn't following one of the commandments?Is this news?When Jesus comes back there is going to be alot of killing and he is going to be front and center of the show.He is going to be using fire and brimstone,plagues,wars,and everything under the sun to the non believers.Read Revelations and you tell me if killing evil people seems justified in Gods eyes.

If I am to believe this then I must believe that Jesus is even worse than Hitler.

Hitler only hated the Jews. Clearly Jesus hates anyone who doesn't worship his EGO!

Christianity is truly a religion that is based on God's EGO.

It's all about an egotistical God who wants to be the king of the mountain and will murder anyone who refuses to recognize that he's the head honcho.

Christianity is truly all about a God who has an EGO that it totally beyond anything a human could even begin to dream up.

The God who HATES everyone who won't worship his EGO.

It's truly disgusting.

Christianity is just the opposite of Buddhism. Buddhism teaches that the EGO is illusion. Christianity teachings that the EGO is GOD!

It's truly a sad religion.

A very sad religion indeed. :cry:

The God who hates all who refuse to worship his ego. noway

I find suspicious any religion that worships a "god" who exhibits the all-too human characteristics of Ego and Pride. We lowly humans are supposed to somehow rise above?

Why can't some of the most intelligent people see this?

It's the Emperor’s New Clothes, I s'pose.

splendidlife's photo
Thu 03/26/09 09:09 AM

All of the great rock musicians who died too early. Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, etc....

The consequence? We might actually have some decent rock music today.

then who would play music in heaven?

What if it was so nice there that you pissed off the person you brought back.

I could see that...

Like being annoyed when awakened from a beautiful dream.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 03/25/09 02:07 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 03/25/09 02:41 PM

my son! Because I found that I can't have anymore kids. he was my only one... And was taken from me He would be turning 19 this next weekend. Wow how time goes when your not looking

Its been 17 years tomorrow.
Down fall would be to sacrifices all I have become to get the chance to see what could have been!
If that Wrong?

Your son is always with you.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 03/25/09 02:05 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 03/25/09 02:42 PM

the little guy between my legs.

May "he" rest in peace.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 03/25/09 11:51 AM

The ordinary man who has no definite knowledge of cause and effect, is governed by his feelings or emotions. He thinks chiefly to justify his action. If he fails as a businessman, he says that luck is against him. If he dislikes music, he says that music is an expensive luxury. If he is a poor office man, he says that he could succeed better at some outdoor work. If he lacks friends, he says his individuality is too fine to be appreciated.

He never thinks his problem through to the end. In short, he does not know that every effect is the result of a certain definite cause, but he seeks to console himself with explanations and excuses. He thinks only in self-defense.

On the contrary, the man who understands that there is no effect without an adequate cause thinks impersonally. He gets down to bedrock facts regardless of consequences. He is free to follow the trail to truth wherever it may lead. He sees the issues clear to the end, and he meets the requirements fully and fairly, and the result is that the world gives him all that it has to give in friendship, honor, love and approval.

This ordinary man is like a miserable island. A horse with blinders who can't see fellow travelers. He takes everything around him as an afront and places blame on the outside for all his own creation.

Ouch!

Too close to home.

That is basically what I mean when I say that a person must take responsibility for everything in their life and in their personal reality. They may not have created every detail but they are co-creators and participators in that reality.

Look around and accept what is, but realize that you created the circumstances you are in. Now is your point of power. Now is where you begin, and Now is when you can use your personal will to decide and intend to change your reality from that point.

Your point of power is Now. This is where you begin.

Your three sources of power in this physical reality are
1. Time 2. Energy 3. Money.

Everything you do has an effect even if it is laying around on your butt watching television. You will reap the effect of that.

The way you spend your time is most important because you can't get that back.

It makes complete sense...

The inertia involved is freaking immense when passing through that place where one fully recognizes their own lack of taking any responsibility to taking ACTUAL responsibility!

...At least it feels that way.

Its like a tractor beam yanking one back into utter blindness, without ANY regard to ones desire to see.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 03/25/09 11:05 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Wed 03/25/09 11:28 AM

The rainbow.

Visible light (the range at which most humans ‘see’) is but a fraction of the em waveforms that all things emit each to its own nature.

We only see a small fraction of the rainbow… what if there is more that we could ‘see’? (how much information cycles through that part of the brain we ‘see’ with anyway and is it only from the eyes that it comes?)

The spiritual rainbow.

Visible god (the range at which a human can ‘see’) is but a fraction of that which is all waveforms.

We can see but a fraction of the em spectrum and the visible god spectrum seems to be based (each to their own) on the individual faith. (some see a lot, some see a little) and how each was taught becomes the range they see.

If that spiritual spectrum is greater than we can see… yet each of us sees a different part of it… why do we argue about it?

Why not just be satisfied with each our own part of it and let be?

We argue to bolster Pride...

That human characteristic from which we learn... and don't learn.

It serves as both obsticle AND Teacher.

Somewhere it says... "No pride gets in".

No pride sees beyond its own spectrum.

I think that, somehow, each of us is supposed to fully experience our own pride, to pass through it and eventually maybe even get released from its grips.

In my current experience... "Passing Through" feels like absolute Hell On Earth.

splendidlife's photo
Wed 03/25/09 09:47 AM
Matthew 7:3-5

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Ahhhhhh, my eye!

splendidlife's photo
Tue 03/24/09 05:21 PM

The ordinary man who has no definite knowledge of cause and effect, is governed by his feelings or emotions. He thinks chiefly to justify his action. If he fails as a businessman, he says that luck is against him. If he dislikes music, he says that music is an expensive luxury. If he is a poor office man, he says that he could succeed better at some outdoor work. If he lacks friends, he says his individuality is too fine to be appreciated.

He never thinks his problem through to the end. In short, he does not know that every effect is the result of a certain definite cause, but he seeks to console himself with explanations and excuses. He thinks only in self-defense.

On the contrary, the man who understands that there is no effect without an adequate cause thinks impersonally. He gets down to bedrock facts regardless of consequences. He is free to follow the trail to truth wherever it may lead. He sees the issues clear to the end, and he meets the requirements fully and fairly, and the result is that the world gives him all that it has to give in friendship, honor, love and approval.

This ordinary man is like a miserable island. A horse with blinders who can't see fellow travelers. He takes everything around him as an afront and places blame on the outside for all his own creation.

Ouch!

Too close to home.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 03/24/09 05:11 PM

My fave is "Judge not lest ye be judged" yet people judge others everyday....

Rather than that particular passage being a directive, perhaps it is a prediction of something to expect in the human experience/behavior.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 03/24/09 05:07 PM
We enter into another state of being after passing through and beyond current existence/understanding. That other state is one of which we curently have no concept... only guesses and wishes.

splendidlife's photo
Tue 03/24/09 05:01 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Tue 03/24/09 05:03 PM

I do not believe in God and guess what...I have morals. I know the difference between right & wrong.

There's also a problem with being one heartbeat away from finding out if he is real or not......once we die we can't tell anyone....

That's the whole purpose of FAITH!

But why is faith a good thing? Why is it good to believe something without evidence?

Faith is neither good nor bad... Its just a thing we do when we're blind to the whole picture... which is pretty much ALL of the time.

Makes no sense at all to be in this physical/human realm without a distinct possibility of this "blindness" being on purpose.

Just stumbling around...

splendidlife's photo
Tue 03/24/09 04:56 PM

In the op (well-one small part of it) is this...
16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:17-18
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Reckon NO ONE believes in him the right way...

Ain't seen much casting out, true speakin new tongues, taken up of serpents, drinkin of deadly things (and surviving). Definately ain't seen much layin on hands and folks recoverin less its some quack running a money basket at a revivial:tongue:

course what would one expect... Show me that book which is written in the hand of god, by the finger of god, and from which I may breath the holy spirit... And I not have in my hands that which is created by the tools of man...

Only then will it match the word of god that is present at all times in the air we breath.

Present at all times in the words that we speak (no matter the perception of the speaker OR the hearer).

splendidlife's photo
Mon 03/23/09 02:02 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 03/23/09 02:08 PM

The Amish are Christians who have rejected technology and believe in living close to nature. They have held this belief thoughtout American history and still adhere to it today refusing to become a part of modern technological society.

This brings up a very interesting question. If all Christians had been Amish when they settled in America would that have changed the way these settlers interacted and got along with the native indians who also respected nature and living close to the land with respect for nature?

Also, what caused mainstream Christianity to reject the natural world in favor of embracing mammon?

What are your thoughts?

Do we find solution in looking for the cause?

Perhaps if we work backwards and adopt a way of life that is void of all technology, we will see a reversal in man's atrocities.

Perhaps this will be done for us, not by our choice. It could begin with the exiting of commerce. Natural disaster could also have a hand in it.

I say I'm okay with eating twigs, bugs and living like Survivor Man. But, in all honesty... it scares the **** out of me.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 03/23/09 01:58 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 03/23/09 02:20 PM

there is no reality, for you are infinite, and your reality is not mine. :banana:

Two realities which are infinite and yet have no intersection? What about the QM idea of non-local causation?

Are "events" or experiences ("realities) seemingly separated by time and space causality actually independent of one another?

I don’t think so…

The energy that holds the Universe together effects every speck of matter contained within. Why should we consider ourselves separate? Collectively, it's like we are all part of a giant organism (like a paramecium of Universal proportion). When one vacuole gets messed with, the entire organism gets affected. There could be constant (energetic) chain reactions that our mere 10% brain function could never decipher.

The challenge "modern" Psychology faces with fully grasping the phenomena of human interaction and what we deem to be "mental illness" comes, in part, from its reliance on prevailing Newtonian paradigm of cause-effect relationships, linear logic, and absolute order.

Quantum Mechanics is just beginning to offer explanations of "parallel" (unseen) possibility that, we pea-brains, can barely attempt to wrap ourselves around.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 03/23/09 11:18 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 03/23/09 11:19 AM

:thumbsup: We create our own reality.:thumbsup:

So, did I just create a poopy in my pants or did some invisible force, whether personal or impersonal cause it. Have I been preconditioned to love the foods that don't like me? Have I not been socially conditioned enough to not do this in public? Do the soci-economic stressors cause me to overwork and therefore be to tired to make it to the little room on time (and possibly irritate my gastro-intestinal tract?)

Poop Humor for Comic Relief...

Thanks, Man.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 03/23/09 11:14 AM
Edited by splendidlife on Mon 03/23/09 11:20 AM

To attempt to harness the sub-conscious or will the higher self to serve conscious desire seems to lead down the same path of discontent that limited conscious "thought" already experiences.

Is this your personal experience or observation? Can you give an example?

What then must be done? Little, if anything, ordered by conscious will seems to magically manifest.

All that is manifest comes from thought and the conscious will, IMO, so I don't understand your statement.

Must something click to release the conscious will from its never-ending barrage of demands? Is what releases us from this miserable insistence of having to have things go our way something Divine?

If we could command things to 'go our way' then why not? We do have the power to do so, once you understand how it works. How it works IS the secret formula that everyone wants to learn.

Or could it be as simple as acceptance of all that already is?

Acceptance of all that already is, is just the starting point. From there, you have the power to change what is.

It is the power of NOW.

flowerforyou

My experience has been that very little has come to me naturally when I've consciously attempted to force it. My will alone has had me bumping into countless dead ends. I think it's had to do with the fact that I had been fighting the reality I desperately wished to escape. Yes... Acceptance of all prior to envisioning the desire may have been the ticket on those occasions when things have gone "my way". Without acceptance, my conscious will can be like a tantruming toddler.

You have not mastered the technique yet. People unknowingly create their own reality and then try to "escape" it, not understanding how they created it themselves.

What I do is accept what I have created and then I begin the process of changing it. (Or as some people call it uncreating it.)

If you are in the wrong place, with the wrong person, going down the wrong path, unhappy where you are, you will not be able to create anything new until you uncreate what you currently are living.

Change can be difficult but when it becomes necessary, that is the energy of the Tarot card "death." It is the end of the road. It is the 'dead end' that puts you in a rut. It points to forced change that might come to you out of necessity via the unconscious.

You don't 'force' things by the power of your will. You intend them. The will is the thing that decides to take action. It intends and it takes action. An intention is not "trying." It is determined to act or have. Failure is not an option. It finds a way.

flowerforyou

I agree that I create my reality (and that we all create our own reality) and that I have not yet mastered "it".

Yes... I was told in school the huge power of setting intention. If run by ego, all words taught by others go out the window. Your words are welcomed and timely, JB.

splendidlife's photo
Mon 03/23/09 08:26 AM

To attempt to harness the sub-conscious or will the higher self to serve conscious desire seems to lead down the same path of discontent that limited conscious "thought" already experiences.

Is this your personal experience or observation? Can you give an example?

What then must be done? Little, if anything, ordered by conscious will seems to magically manifest.

All that is manifest comes from thought and the conscious will, IMO, so I don't understand your statement.

Must something click to release the conscious will from its never-ending barrage of demands? Is what releases us from this miserable insistence of having to have things go our way something Divine?

If we could command things to 'go our way' then why not? We do have the power to do so, once you understand how it works. How it works IS the secret formula that everyone wants to learn.

Or could it be as simple as acceptance of all that already is?

Acceptance of all that already is, is just the starting point. From there, you have the power to change what is.

It is the power of NOW.

flowerforyou

My experience has been that very little has come to me naturally when I've consciously attempted to force it. My will alone has had me bumping into countless dead ends. I think it's had to do with the fact that I had been fighting the reality I desperately wished to escape. Yes... Acceptance of all prior to envisioning the desire may have been the ticket on those occasions when things have gone "my way". Without acceptance, my conscious will can be like a tantruming toddler.

splendidlife's photo
Sun 03/22/09 07:01 PM
Edited by splendidlife on Sun 03/22/09 07:04 PM

I would neither love nor hate the bad. To give it any energy or attention at all serves only to perpetuate it.

I would not be angry at the man personally for hitting me with a stick, but I would probably not feel enough compassion for him to prevent me from knocking him on his ass. Therein his karma is returned to him strait away.

:tongue:

Perhaps, at first, to equalize old patterns of fearing the bad by welcoming it, we sooner see it has brought no greater bad to do so?

I've been running from bad for so long... It seems a relief to just be still.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25