Community > Posts By > Scinn

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:32 AM

I would give an opinion and agree with you that older people do get unyielding but i would probably get clobbered for that too
nothing personall...just in shock

Well as it's only me left here...I think you're safe enough lol

And see...all's well that ends well :D No harm done, I'm sure, inadvertantly, your question was answered and it's purely as individual as everything else laugh

Good luck!! flowerforyou

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:28 AM

PLEASE, I BEG YOU ALL....... let it go, let it die.......... flowerforyou

Im stubborn...when they drop it and be nice I will...made it through life so far being stubborn:smile:

I wasn't trying to be mean..???

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:27 AM

SO silly me Im asking to much for people to take things for what they are not what they THINK it is???:tongue:

?? But...isn't that what you did? You asked a question, based upon what you think...but then don't want others to respond based upon what they think it is...

In that sort of a situation...no one can win :(

OF course its ok to respond with what you think just only comment on what was ACTUALLY said with out adding to it..I never knew it was so hard:tongue:

Ok...but my point is, you interpreted things that one a truely devote christian seems to have those ethics...that was your opinion based upon what you've personally seen, read, experienced, etc. Well...based upon what you wrote, people interpreted it the way they saw things to be (i.e. the way they saw what you were trying to say)...it doesn't make the way they see it correct or incorrect...it was just the way they understood your post. An opinion, based upon information they were given. Not everyone processes the information in the same way. So...basically, you were stating an opinion, based upon information and your interpretation of that (which isn't wrong..that's your opinion/interpretation) but then get upset when others mis-interpret what you were trying to say. Their own opinion. Which isn't wrong either...it was just taken in a slightly different manner than you intended. So...to those people, they did comment on what they believed was actually said. Same as you commented on what you believe to be true, based upon your personal experiences. Nobody is right or wrong...everyone's just processed their given information in different ways...resulting in a difference of opinion and a misunderstanding of context.

Uh yea an you can believe i wont make the mistake again to assume people can respond to comments of ANY SUBJECT NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS ONE****** based ONLY on what was wrote.
If they had used there opinions,beliefs and experiences to answer the question AS WRITTEN then there would not have been a problem

I'm not trying to argue with you...so I don't know why you're shouting at me...? I'm merely trying to explain from a non-biased viewpoint what happened...but people seem hell bent on arguing today. So...based upon that experience...I give up. It's becoming my opinion, that the older you get...the more passive-aggressive you become, resulting in highly argumentative people with strong and unyeilding opinions....*note to self....don't get older...keep open mind...stay calm and cool and collected...woohoo!* lol

I hope your day gets better for you, and sorry if it seemed I was trying to argue with you, resulting in you yelling. That was certainly not the case, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

flower for you in hopes your day goes better. flowerforyou

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:19 AM

SO silly me Im asking to much for people to take things for what they are not what they THINK it is???:tongue:

?? But...isn't that what you did? You asked a question, based upon what you think...but then don't want others to respond based upon what they think it is...

OF course its ok to respond with what you think just only comment on what was ACTUALLY said with out adding to it..I never knew it was so hard:tongue:

Ok...but my point is, you interpreted things that one a truely devote christian seems to have those ethics...that was your opinion based upon what you've personally seen, read, experienced, etc. Well...based upon what you wrote, people interpreted it the way they saw things to be (i.e. the way they saw what you were trying to say)...it doesn't make the way they see it correct or incorrect...it was just the way they understood your post. An opinion, based upon information they were given. Not everyone processes the information in the same way. So...basically, you were stating an opinion, based upon information and your interpretation of that (which isn't wrong..that's your opinion/interpretation) but then get upset when others mis-interpret what you were trying to say. Their own opinion. Which isn't wrong either...it was just taken in a slightly different manner than you intended. So...to those people, they did comment on what they believed was actually said. Same as you commented on what you believe to be true, based upon your personal experiences. Nobody is right or wrong...everyone's just processed their given information in different ways...resulting in a difference of opinion and a misunderstanding of context.

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:12 AM

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 09:06 AM

NO I dont feel like Im being attacked only flustered that so many people could put there won twist on things said and not take it as it is written..to say someone implys something is saying you interpeted it in this way or that and NOT that i was wrote that way..I write exactly word for word what i mean..I dont imply anything..I have no reason to when I can be honest about what Im saying

*sighs* but that's exactly it. "their own twist" It's not so much that people are purposely twisting your words and meanings just for the sake of arguement. It's that everyone has their own perceptions and they read it differently than you intended it. That's what makes us human and different...we all see things differently. If you give the same sentence to 100 people, you'll end up with 100 variations of the same thing, even though the words were exactly the same. Then, you have people responding not only to what you originally wrote, but also to the responses...so it twists yet again. But, while you might not have meant to make any implications...some of what you said could still be taken that way. That's why I said earlier, for everyone to just take a deep breath and give you a chance to reword what you were trying to ask, like you yourself had suggested back on page one.

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:54 AM

UMM OKhuh back to I DID NOT say that they are the ONLY ones who are good (where did anyone get that?) there fore my mind is open..I KNOW and didnt think it would be so blown out of context and read into then given someone elses twist when I said IT SEEMS to me christians are.....excetra

It was the way you worded it. The same as you got defensive about people's responses, when your original post was read, people got defensive. Now, not everyone was trying to attack you or what you were saying...but you took it that way.

Rather than saying that it was your opinion that only true christians etc etc....you could have just said that it seems like a very small amount of people these days have those ethics, and that it's been your experience that most of them are christians and you were wondering etc etc. It's all in the wording and how it comes across to the reader...while you read it one way, someone else can read it completely different and take offense to it. Thus...they take offense, you take offense and it grows and grows. While I know that was not your intent with this thread, it has most deffinately gone that direction...and perhaps everyone should take a deep breath and smooth their hackles down some so that we can allow you to better explain what you were trying to ask and you can re-read some of the responses and see that not everyone is trying to attack you...merely help you via our own opinions.

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:34 AM
"DID I lose sight of what is going on??"

In a way, yes. Because you are still trying to look inside a very ridged box with straight sides of an exact length where only certain things exist inside that box.

When you look outside the box, you realize that it doesn't require a person to be of a specific religion, or color, or height, body type, etc etc to be a good person with the morals and such that you feel people are lacking. If you open your eyes to other possibilities, break down the walls of the current box, you'll be amazed at the flood of people with the ethics you're so desprately seeking.

:smile:

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:28 AM
The thing about complainers...is they can only complain as much as you let them. When they start in, suddenly find something else that you have to do and hang up with them. Or, if you're just too nice and have to listen to them, let them get going...then ask them what they're going to do about it. Complaining solves nothing, and leaves the listener feeling like they're the one who is supposed to do something about it. Make them own their own responsibilities and either solve their problem, or shut up. Tell them you'll happily discuss options that can solve the problem, but that if all they want to do is whine without results, they'll find a better listener with their wall than with you.

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:50 AM

you know youd let us conquer you!!!
devil devil devil

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!

its pure genious i tell you!!!drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

I know right! lol I think we should find all the brothers and sisters of the night and force the horrid daytime people to have to conform to our system for a bit. devil devil devil
if it helps... i have afriend who is a professional hyptnotist....

im thinkin that he can help!!!
flowerforyou

<---run's away from Pinky and the Brain's attempt to conquer the people of the night.

I don't know her well enough yet though...but you..yeah your rightblushing

lol that's ok...she can conquer you, I have my own little minion to conquer hehehe *hunts around for Gammalight....*

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:45 AM

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!

its pure genious i tell you!!!drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

I know right! lol I think we should find all the brothers and sisters of the night and force the horrid daytime people to have to conform to our system for a bit. devil devil devil

flowerforyou

<---run's away from Pinky and the Brain's attempt to conquer the people of the night.

Pinky and the Brain were pure gold hehe I always felt inspired by them...their plans came just a bit closer to success than my own attempts at world domination. *sighs*

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:42 AM

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!

flowerforyou

oooh yes...yes indeed...and the plot thickens as yet another perfect plan comes together lmao

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:41 AM
Twilight zone! *starts humming the theme music*

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:40 AM

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:38 AM

Good morning everybody....though, I do have a question. Who decided to make mornings a wake-up time? Honestly...that person should be shot lmao *hisses at the sun and retreats back into the darkness of her room*
laugh laugh laugh
can i come?

That depends...what do you plan on doing lmao

Today's schedule consists of a Firefly marathon on the dvd and writing on my story. hehe

well for the first 4-5 hours SLEEPING!laugh

By all means then...the bed will be empty, help yourself. Just no complaining about typing keys lol

no complaints here...it beats hearing my sister and her fiance in the room next door to mine:angry: laugh

LMAO anything beats that!! *rofl*

yes it does!, i moved my little sister in with me to help her out, and here comes her fiance too...i mean he's a cool guy and all but that's my LITTTLE SISTER!!noway they need a creepy little shivering emoticonlaugh

lmao exactly! You go from threatening to beat all the guy's asses who hurt her to wishing someone would seriously beat you into a subconscious state for the next few hours. (I have 3 younger brothers and 2 younger sisters....my deepest sympathies! lmao)

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:36 AM

..but i know the navy has a few of these programs..i wish i would have known before i enlisted.

Navy, huh? I've got a brother in the Navy :) He got done with his basic training stuff and they immediately shipped him somewhere off of Singapore. He can't actually tell me beyond that point, but that's the last place I knew he was. He's now on a carrier (I think that's what he said..?) doing..well...whatever it is Navy people do lol

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:33 AM

Good morning everybody....though, I do have a question. Who decided to make mornings a wake-up time? Honestly...that person should be shot lmao *hisses at the sun and retreats back into the darkness of her room*
laugh laugh laugh
can i come?

Today's schedule consists of a Firefly marathon on the dvd and writing on my story. hehe

By all means then...the bed will be empty, help yourself. Just no complaining about typing keys lol

no complaints here...it beats hearing my sister and her fiance in the room next door to mine:angry: laugh

LMAO anything beats that!! *rofl*

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:32 AM

exeactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble

haha! Another true lover of the night! devil drinker
drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker
hell yea!!! this daylight stuff is for the birds!!!!!grumble

Ain't it tho...now see, if we could just switch everyone's schedules around, I bet soo many more people would be happier. lmao No more getting up at 6am to try to drive with the sun directly in your eyes on your way to work. People would work better at night too, as you couldn't sit in your cubicle looking out the window going "Gawd, it's a nice day! I wish I was doing this-that instead.." We'd just be happily typing away at our keyboards in the nice, cool darkness. No more sweating where you sit because it's 100 degrees outside and 90 inside. aaah...bliss.

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:28 AM

what does everyone have planned for today?

I dont know why don't you start your own thread and find out!!!!grumble

aaw...somebody is a Grumpy Gus in the mornings! :(

Scinn's photo
Thu 06/05/08 07:27 AM

laugh laugh laugh
can i come?