Community > Posts By > MLG40

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:52 AM
I have had this happen to me. It starts off as a friendly email, then it goes into a long history of their personal life, Not even replying to any of my questions, So I play along with them (just wasting their time as well as mine.)

I usually get the ones that need money to help them on the final part of their trip to meet me.

So I usually ask them if they would mind if I could come personally over there in my private jet, or my personal yaht. So I can help them with brining more of their personal reminders of home, so they will tend not to get homesick so easy. bigsmile For some unknown reason to me, I never seem to get any replies after that being asked? Go figure? laugh laugh laugh glasses

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:39 AM

Should I respond at all?

sure, i don't bite...or maybe i willdevil
I love nibble's!

Nothing better than nibbling, From the back of your ears to your, Well depends on were you like to stop it. blushing

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:32 AM
Just out of my mind here. Depends on how full your hard drive is, Secondly were did you set the "Amount of data" to reserved for backing up? Which is also in your "System restore" The slider bar adjust to the amount you wish to use.
If your hard drive is full, and you don't want to get rid of everything. Buy either an external hard drive or add one if you have the room and extra plug in's..(cables)

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:22 AM

I was kind of wondering what everybody's vote is for the best PC security! Any computer guru's out there?

Anything worth while that will proactivly help your computer would require changing system paramaters (options).

Honestly, use firefox, grab spybot or adaware, and pandasoft's free trial. Run pandasoft once, then run spybot. Every week or so run spybot or adaware. That takes care of really anything that can be taken care of on your computer.

If your talking about not being able to 'break in' to your computer, thats simple. you don't have to do anything. They can't unless they install a virus in your computer, which pandasoft or spybot would pick up. honestly, your chances are about nil for that to happen.

"Break in" That is if you are only on dial up, Since your ip changes everytime you plug into the internet. Most i.p.'s are static, Which means they don't alway's change. If you are on dsl, cable or so on..The only way to not get hacked when using high speed internet service is if you shut your computer off completely. I personally have a buddy that has software that seeks out active ip addresses, and he has software that can hack into your computer as long as it is on the net. You wouldn't even know unless you have a router. or some other type of software that alerts you.

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:13 AM
I personally use a router. Best for blocking alot of things. Your ip, and you can be invisible. And you can have better security with one. Zone alarm is weak, Like one said "since it is free" And I personally tried it. to many problems, And zonealarm comes with spyware on it. Norton is pretty much a joke. I have had viruses attached to the updates, They get hacked so much. And all of the people I know personally have had so many problems with Norton.
Trend Micro; I feel has never let me down. But I do pay for the software. I also use the Windows Xp, And CCleaner, Windows Defender. I am in college and I use many programs that are open to internet use.

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:50 AM
Edited by MLG40 on Sun 06/29/08 08:50 AM
Vista is a problem to begin with, Microsoft even admits to this. It sounds like you did not even have a restore point to begin with. So I would call the Tech support at HP. They could possibly help you. But before you startdown this path; you should back-up the important items on to a disc.

Vista as well as XP usually have updates, Vista has So many more than any of Microsofts other O.S.

First off try going to your "START" . then " Control panel ", Then," Preformance and Mantainence"... Look in the upper left hand corner and it should say " System restore". Hope this has helped.

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:37 AM
Couldn't we have more option's; for say... A long trip in a car that keeps breaking down....laugh laugh laugh

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:31 AM
I could live without all of the mentioned, Especially the " Good man" laugh laugh laugh laugh

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:24 AM
Hello, I could use some friends from here. I don't post often. I do like to read the input from others on here.

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:06 AM
Today my final paper is due for class, Done laundry, cleaned. And now since it started to rain.. don't know?

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:01 AM

Shooting stupid peoplegrumble

Seek some help here....

MLG40's photo
Sun 06/29/08 07:50 AM
Edited by MLG40 on Sun 06/29/08 07:52 AM
I would have to say some type of knife(Tac 10 or 11). Since we can gather water in many ways. Reason being the knife would help to build housing,and or used for hunting, and fishing.

MLG40's photo
Mon 06/23/08 10:03 AM
I just gave that a try. He ate all my food, took my tools, went through my personal stuff. didn't pay his share of bills.
I did it to gain more from my paycheck, found out it cost me more than having my own place.Now I have a two bedroom aptment again, yes it it all fine once again.

MLG40's photo
Mon 06/23/08 09:57 AM
I don not see anything wrong with thatI fell a woman who wears glasses can be very sexyblushing . The smarts part is also attractive, they may know something the other person does'nt.ohwell Now as long as the geeky girl does'nt try to make you feel so much lesser to her, just being a human from the start.

MLG40's photo
Fri 04/25/08 08:50 AM
Love to me just hearing my sons say it when I pick them up for our weekend. And how they tell me that they would rather live with me, I ask "why". I say is it because I just bought you this DS, or this game ? They answer . " No Dad its that you spend time doing things with us and being here for us" To me love is taking the time to give up "My time" and spreading it around to the ones who need it most.

MLG40's photo
Fri 04/25/08 07:55 AM
Edited by MLG40 on Fri 04/25/08 07:56 AM
No not really, Same boat here. Dated a few since my ex's loss. (She is still alive) And when they found out that I actually pay my support, Then realized that my income is not what they would like to have, They tend to move on. So I am on my own.
One actually have the gull to come back (after dating some one else for a while and being cheated on and lied to.) And say that I was for real, And i didn't make and "Image" of who I wasn't. And wanted to get back with me... My answer was.. Sorry your loss, Not mine..
So yes todays dating is really based on "money, Image, And so on" There are some that will say "NO its not" They probably are lieing as well. Not saying that there are none out there. But Damn it is hard to find them. I feel I am doing right in my life, Taking what I have and making the most out of it. Going to College, To better myself and show my sons that I can continue to better myself. Don't miss understand me, I do make decent money, But I pay the higher bracket in child-support, My Ex likes her new Bmw, But I love my 98. LOL

MLG40's photo
Fri 04/25/08 07:38 AM
Edited by MLG40 on Fri 04/25/08 07:42 AM
I may not totally agree with everyones opinion here, But we all have the right to our own.

After many years of being married, Being able to watch other relationships around. What I have seen works both ways.
Food for thought. Image and money plays a big roll in todays dating. Really think about it for a moment. These people who say "what happened to the nice people that I want to meet" Greed and Image took that from you. You were so narrow minded in finding your dream person that you were taught to find, You didn't take a couple of minutes to look at all of the other flowers, Instead you focused on the one you are to believe is the "rose". Well in looking at its beauty, you didn't take the time to look the whole thing over from the ground up. You missed those sharp edges, And got yourself cut when you picked it up. And like all the other flowers out there it eventually "DIES". And you probably still have a scar from it.

In reality, People with money , Image and those "rose" Looks are after what. You guessed it , more of those thing we seem to need to have been over looking. These people will use you for the same thing you are using them for. So reality kicks in. Boo-hoo. So you come on here asking what happened to the "Nice People", Well lets just say they are probably with the person who actually excepted them for who they are and not what they may have, YOUR LOSS ! Face it you will never be happy with your life until you get out of that mode.

Case: Person a finds the image person. Hook up.. Date .. Then find out the " image person is not whom they seemed to have been. You find..been cheating on you. Lieing to you. Basically "Using" you to there content. So who is to blame. Not the "Nice People" And back to where have they gone. HEY WAKE UP.. They moved on to be with the one who excepted them for who they were. They took the time to listen to your "Image Person". And laughed at you silently saying" What a fool ".

As you can take notice. Niether gender has be used here since it happens on both sides. So with that said, Take the time to move away from the main stream, Slow down and look at all the flowers. You may notice they may not be the "IMAGE", And could possibly have more qualities that you really are looking for.

MLG40's photo
Fri 04/25/08 06:33 AM
Edited by MLG40 on Fri 04/25/08 06:34 AM
It is a shame that some have to post fake pics just to meet someone, And post age that is totally wrong.
I have ran into these types, Would have tried to be friends with them, The lies that they past on to me made my mind up not to have anything to do with them. I look at it as " If you lie to me before we even really meet, Then how am I ever going to learn to trust you ? Or why " This is something they need to learn from the start, If trust is broken from the begining, Why would anyone ever be able to trust you in the future.