Community > Posts By > LarchTree

LarchTree's photo
Sat 12/26/20 03:20 PM
it is definitely wrong for a dude to start a relationship with a woman and then leave them as a mother with kids.

If a woman wants to have kids but not any relationship that can be found, I think there is nothing wrong with that. That’s what I was talking about when I said that’s a strong way to be.

If there is a relationship that then fails, that seems like something that never ought to happen and would be a social failure of both parents, the community, and anyone else connected for that matter.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 12/26/20 02:59 PM
Flying on ones own like an eagle is a strong way to be.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 12/26/20 02:57 PM

well i see that everyone is overlooking the fact that there are single dads out there to, although i dont see it as a single parent as much as i see it as a small family. weather your a single parent or in a relationship its always about the happiness and welfare of the kids. And as much as i hate to separate the difference between single dad or single mom society has yet to recognize the fact that there are more men being single fathers now.
Also i found it harder to find as much support for single fathers as there is for single mothers. and social workers scrutinize fathers more, Society as a whole needs to recognize the fact there are fathers that take that role seriously, And i know this first hand after many years of no help or being looked at like i didnt deserve.
Im not a biased person but single dads have alot more to overcome then single women. just my opinion

That is a very good point. Fathers taking on kids as dependents, as I see you are talking about.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 12/26/20 02:41 PM

I don't think being a single mother is about preferring it that way. If your talking about women who got the child when single, and not a mother with kids after divorce, they often desire a child so much but they cannot find the right partner to have them with so they decide to do it alone.
A tough choice, especially since you cannot fathom what it's like to have and raise children until you have 'em.

There's also women who get pregnant and the guy does a runner, leaving the mother pregnant and having to decide whether to keep the child or not.
I know one, my daughter's age, who had that happen to her. She kept the child but it's not easy. Financially struggling, also struggling with time, and there's no one to help you out like when you have the father there too. In this case the father does nothing, doesn't pay anything etc. etc.
She said the worst thing is you have no one to share the good and funny stories with. Sure there's grandparents but they don't know and see the child the way a parent does.
So even in that sense it's a lonely road and she'd much preferred it differently: with the father of her child.

I myself have been a single mother after divorce. And hell, that was NOT what I preferred at all!
My ex did help out financially and had the kids every other weekend.

And selfish? Excusez moi!? I made the decision in my children's interest, especially my son's.
And even if there's no such reason, if parents do not love each other anymore the way they should it's much healthier for the kids if they split up. Living in a home with a very ill vibe, parents maybe arguing and simply not being happy is one of the worst things you can do to your children.
In that sense deciding to divorce is the best thing you can do for them. it brings back peace and happiness in the home, of course after a period grieving and of getting used to the new situation.
But children adept quickly. Not, however, to living in a stressful situation with 2 parents who come to dislike or hate one another.

That makes so much sense. Yes, I agree it is better for a parenting to be deliberate. Does not matter how it’s done as long as it’s done right.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 12/26/20 01:25 PM
Yes!

Have you ever lain down in a pool of icy water, and then lain in the sun?

LarchTree's photo
Sat 12/26/20 12:09 PM
At first I thought single motherhood was a failure of some sort to keep important relationships. But now, having thought about it more, if women can provide for their own children and prefer to stand on their own, that seems more as a triumph.

Women who just never got married but kept good relations with people that admired and had their life goals set an on other things than just a relationship itself.

From a natural selection standpoint, it seems better if the economic security of a family pair does not interfere with selection, but that be achieved separately. Community could be there for EVERYONE.

I usually become more accepting as I get to know the world more. What are your thoughts?

LarchTree's photo
Fri 12/25/20 05:00 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Fri 12/25/20 05:03 PM
I accidentally fell on my forearm on the hard pavement. I hit the three knobs ofmy wrist by the edge of my hand that is opposite Of the side with the thumb, and the outer part of my forearm near my elbow. If I flex my tricep my arm goes numb. My whole hand above the wrist is stiff. I am going to sleep right now, with it elevated and trying not use the muscles in that arm.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 12/25/20 04:47 PM
Merry Christmas. I can’t tell you how glad I am to be among you all right now. Life is rocky.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 12/24/20 12:54 PM
I tested clam shells for heavy metals. The drainage basin to the shellfish beds in Addison, Maine, USA consists of mafic (Dark and metallic) and felsic (Light and glassy) intrusive igneous bedrock with a few areas of shale. Land use appears to be mostly natural forest cover with some agriculture and small towns. No industrial or substantial boat repair activities were visible from the aerial image. The inductively coupled plasma-atomic emission spectrometry was conducted on the 8 toxic metals typically indicative of industrial contamination (arsenic, barium, cadmium, chromium, lead, selenium, silver, and mercury). Arsenic was 4 mg/kg, barium was 8 mg/kg. These are likely of natural origin. The remainder of the metals were below the detection limit. Although, the detection limit for mercury (at 5 mg/kg) was not very sensitive from the standpoint of human toxicity.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 12/24/20 07:28 AM
I almost wonder if Mingle should just focus on the forum and have it advertised as a form on other dating websites where people actually find dates. So each site does what it does best.

I will say though, the few real people who are on mingle are much nicer than the people on other websites. I do not know why that is, I suspect it has something to do with the nature of the website - maybe the red color or something, but I wish other websites had it.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 12/24/20 06:38 AM
I live in Virginia, where recording any person in a room without informed consent is a violation of state law. Plus, I hardly communicate to anyone besides typing nowadays. Although I guess that is even easier to spy on.

LarchTree's photo
Tue 12/22/20 07:11 AM
Early morning bicycle to the store to get some bar soap, steak, and exercise.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 12/21/20 03:24 PM
No. That would be way too intense.

Have you ever lied down on a floating dock in the sun?

LarchTree's photo
Mon 12/21/20 02:38 PM
Yes :)

Have you ever held onto a tree while it gently swayed in the wind?

LarchTree's photo
Mon 12/21/20 02:35 PM
Olive oil did not fix the commode valve. Got a replacement from the hardware store.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:55 PM
Triumph over time and space.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:38 PM
Raining.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:25 PM
Thanking the social support this website provides valuable.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:22 PM
11 hours of sleep last night and 11 hours of sleep this night.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:19 PM
Put vinegar on moist places in the shower in hope to prevent mold. Oiled up a valve with olive oil. I will see if it works.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25