Community > Posts By > LarchTree

LarchTree's photo
Tue 04/27/21 03:29 PM
Doing the neck exercises that the YMCA physiotherapist recommended really does help keep the concussion symptoms away. Feeling gratitude for those compassionate people i have met on here.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/17/21 05:52 AM
No.

Have you ever operated a ditch witch?

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/04/21 02:33 PM
It’s like being on board a ship and it becomes a world of its own as the rest of the world becomes a blur. The peace and quiet is conducive to thought in the moment. You meet people you will never see again, and they are often in the mood to talk.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/04/21 05:46 AM

thanks and happy resurrection day to you know whos...

This is a pretty smart bunch here; I’m pretty sure they know that.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/03/21 03:40 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Sat 04/03/21 03:41 PM
Happy Easter, y’all winking

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/03/21 07:59 AM
Here’s a question. Whenever I read the Bible, often soon after I accidentally hurt myself. It seems like this has happened repeatedly. The more substantial of a study of the Bible the worse it is. Any idea why?

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/03/21 07:08 AM
One time I had someone say to me as an opening line “are you some kind of circus freak?“ So I replied “Finally someone understands me!” Hahaha

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/03/21 06:38 AM
Is an opening line different from a pick up line?

There are a whole bunch of those right here:
https://m.mingle2.com/topic/show/532711

LarchTree's photo
Fri 04/02/21 04:39 PM
Feeling good.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 04/02/21 04:38 PM
Stay safe.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 04/02/21 03:42 PM
These are very edifying quotes; apropos to the preceding ideas. I like these ways of thinking.

“Judge”, correct me if I am wrong, means decide if people’s ways would translate to ways one would embrace or not. Given that only the Lord knows the best way and we were made for better things than living according to another person’s standards.

“Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.”

Old English sounds good, though in modern English I believe the modifier would be phrased as “. . . about words, which is to no profit but to the subverting of the hearers.”

Best wishes to all.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 04/02/21 07:36 AM
That makes sense.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 04/02/21 06:49 AM
Here is why I say that.

Heaven is real. I have had glimpses of heaven when inspired by the amazing things in nature made by God, and in communal worship. But it does not make sense to think that these glimpses of heaven are ALL of heaven. How can one man experience that? Heaven divided would not be heaven, so it must be all inclusive.

Based on “the fall“ and the premise that all things are made right in heaven, knowledge in heaven must not be biased by knowledge of good and evil.

Awareness and action must not like that of the human mind. Perception of time in heaven must not be limited to linear perception, and when one dies they live on in a way. However, it would be absurd to think that one would have to die in order to get into heaven.

There are many ways one can follow God. Knowledge of good and evil can even be useful for shaping one’s life to experience heaven while on earth. The vantage point of heaven is generally just a fragment of a view or a good place to take shelter. People are very different and the way one lives their life is very subjective to that person.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 04/01/21 03:35 PM
How should our identity be shaped by God?

And is Jesus only to be followed in relating to other people?

(by the way, absurdity now and then is most welcome here.)

LarchTree's photo
Wed 03/24/21 01:01 PM
The world is an amazing place.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 03/20/21 06:17 AM
Wearing a mask while doing cardio at the gym. Now that will really increase your lung capacity.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 03/20/21 06:10 AM
You ever been driving and smelled cigarette smoke from the car in front of you through the air vents? That’s air that someone else exhaled.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 03/15/21 05:23 PM
If someone is jealously insulting one behind their back, one could confront them and say “please do not try to harm my relationships with other people,” and ask “how are your relationships with others?” and “Is there anything you need my help with?”

Probably good to avoid contact with such people except when absolutely necessary.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 03/14/21 10:44 AM
https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/news/20151230/drinking-water-pipes-full-of-good-bacteria

LarchTree's photo
Sun 03/14/21 07:04 AM
That’s it. You have inspired me. I am going to go out into a natural forest in an area frequented by deer and bears, and dig a shallow water well. I am going to bail out water to fill a 5 gallon jug, and drink it for the rest of the week. Not all the bacteria is filtered out with shallow ground water. I would not be surprised if it was brimming with beneficial bacteria.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25