Community > Posts By > spqr

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 11:20 PM

#9 you can't suck it if you can't find it (glasses a must

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

He has a really small one then..

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 11:15 PM

Barack all the freakin' way! Too many people unemployed to put another Republican back in office.

You obviously never read my thread on the accomplishments of President Bush.

Unemployment in the US hit the all time LOW in US history under President Bush in March, 2007. Do a google and look for yourself.

What can Obama possibly do? 2 years as a US Senator, and?????

Lindyy
:heart:

You forgot the tax cuts to the oil companies, after their record profits, and the no child left behind policy that is closing the schools cutting their budget if the kids don't "perform"
I mean it takes cojones for that..come on...

You would vote him again if you could don't ya? laugh laugh

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 11:06 PM

hey yall,, show some country love!!!!!!!you can be from anywhere, any state, and still be cornbread fed farm raised country. show some love people!!!!!!!!

Nope..sorry man..what's cornbread?

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 11:03 PM

I haven't watched it, but I'd say that the tv series is about 15 years too late for it to really catch on.

exactly..really weird.
Any of you saw the movies? The one with our governor in it? Yes Arnold..

Il baa Baak..

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 10:56 PM

natural antidepressant / relaxant ?

huh :smile:

well I use pot when needed.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 10:54 PM

Do you believe that religion and politics are supposed to be separate?

Well yes, politics relies more on economy now. It has evolved ;)
Instead of a threatening you with lightning bolt they can just raise the price of gas to convince you.

religion is a tool of politic.

Jokes apart, yes of course.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 10:48 PM
natural antidepressant / relaxant ?

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 10:34 PM

There are a lot of scientists who believe in intelligent design. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss creationism as a scientific theory any more than evolution.

Heck takes more faith to believe everything just popped out from a big bang & makes sense. Sorry. And even Darwin questioned his own theories when he was dying. :wink:

Intelligent design is creationism rebranded.
And science is not based on faith, so no, it doesn't take "more faith".
Can you plese name this "scientists"?

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 10:28 PM

"Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own. "

And that's exactly why we have the pill ;)

Hey cutie spqr.....and for shame for your thought....lol

Not a bit...I don't need myths..sorry :)

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 10:24 PM
Edited by spqr on Wed 02/27/08 10:32 PM

awwww this one is just as they say right up my alley.....or just one I could not pass on responding to....

creative wrote:

I have often wondered how much a parent's religious beliefs affect exactly what and how the parent teaches the child.

Answer: My Children's relationship with the Creator.......yes Creator is their relationship.....Do we use as a teaching tool God, Christ, or the bible.....every single day.....And my children will grow up strong and secure because it was them that wanted to know about God, It was them that accepted Jesus Christ as their Personal Savior.

Creative Wrote:

I have often witnessed a parent claiming to support the techniques being used to discipline and/or teach the child in question with some claim of religious belief.

Answer: Yes and what exactly is your point here.

Creative wrote:

Could there be a direct psychological correlation between what religious beliefs are taught by a parent and the cognitive skill levels and/or abilities of the children?

Answer: Where do you come up with this stuff......
If a parent is religious and has always made sure that her children are wanting to know about God, and Christ for their own reasons....then what basis would this question have. The only thing that I have seen that good spiritual background gives my kids, is kindness, do for others, tender heart for the poor, and abundance of love for all humanity. I also see that my 15 year old daughter on her own made a promise to God to stay a virgin until she is married......This is the skill level and abilities of my children....and I am darn proud to be their mom.

And like I have said many times....well two things......there is no way that I fell from the sky, turned into a tadpole, that crawled out and turned into a monekey, that then turned into an ape that then became a human....no way no how.....and honestly if you really really think hard about that.....would it make sense to you....You can look back in the last 400 years...there has never been one living thing that was one thing and then turned into a completly different species......hmmmmmmm I say get a clue.

Ever heard of mutating germs? Adapting to medicine and developing immunity to it? How's that for an example?

A kid will believe what you tell him/her because you are a parent, thy don't have enough knowledge or intelligence (yet) to discern bethween reality and myth.
Kind of like Santa Claus, but with more consequences.
Like the sense of guilt that feeds every religion myth.
To me teaching religion to childrens is pure brainwashing.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 06:02 PM

smokin Thats total B.S. Rabbit.smokin But Im cool with ya ok.smokin Nuthin personalsmokin What your saying is ridiculoussmokin

Not completely...
Look at the cults here in USA, or at the middle east.

We even have a "museum of creation" here in USA that states among other absurdities, that the grand canyon was created by noah's flood and that dragons of the middle ages were infact dinosaurs.

flowerforyou I grew up being taught that in school bro.smokin Lots of things like that. smokin In "public school". smokin Thats what Im sayinflowerforyou

You were taught creationism in public school and that noah's flood created the grand canyon? Where out of curiosity?
Utah?

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:57 PM
"Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own. "

And that's exactly why we have the pill ;)

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:49 PM
Again...blow this way...dry since last thursday...when I get that guy...grumble

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:38 PM

smokin Thats total B.S. Rabbit.smokin But Im cool with ya ok.smokin Nuthin personalsmokin What your saying is ridiculoussmokin

Not completely...
Look at the cults here in USA, or at the middle east.

We even have a "museum of creation" here in USA that states among other absurdities, that the grand canyon was created by noah's flood and that dragons of the middle ages were infact dinosaurs.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:31 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6876549/

"SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Female interrogators tried to break Muslim detainees at the U.S. prison camp in Guantanamo Bay by sexual touching, wearing miniskirts and thong underwear...."

" she removed her uniform top to expose a tight-fitting T-shirt and began taunting the detainee, touching her breasts, rubbing them against the prisoner’s back ...."

"the military described an April 2003 incident in which a female interrogator took off her uniform top, exposed her brown T-shirt, ran her fingers through a detainee’s hair and sat on his lap."

OMG noway noway noway noway noway

I don't think that I could handle this type of torture and survive with a sane mind. I think that the liberals and news media should work hard with the congress and the International Red Cross to ban this type of behavior, except for having it applied to me, of course. then it would be "Oh, torture me please!!!!"
noway noway noway

well you're judging with your own culture...let's say somewhere sodomy is like kissing for us and they apply that to you..what would you say?
that said, to me is idiotic that a culture considers those things even close to be offensive and "a torture"...(lol!) but if they did it they did it for a reason...because they knew it would work. The were counting on the ignorence of those guys.

so Ricicolous? Absolutely. fair? Not really. Old news anyway...

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:14 PM

I have often wondered how much a parent's religious beliefs affect exactly what and how the parent teaches the child.

I have often witnessed a parent claiming to support the techniques being used to discipline and/or teach the child in question with some claim of religious belief.

Could there be a direct psychological correlation between what religious beliefs are taught by a parent and the cognitive skill levels and/or abilities of the children?

Interesting question!

I believe that yes since generally religion influences heavily (some) people, that would influence their vision of the world and therefore what they teach to their kids.

Religion does not promote creative (or non creative)/ critical thinking so I would say yes learning a dogma is not constructive to improve cognitive skills.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 04:59 PM

17. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.

rock on

That I agree...but for a different reason than age..ahem.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 04:37 PM
Hmmm I 'm not sure I agree..I love being my age, I would stop now if I could.
Not any younger.

9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.
are you kidding me?

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
What is aspeed limit? All I see on the highway is the minimum suggested speed...

12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
No need for that.

flowerforyou

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 04:06 PM
Edited by spqr on Wed 02/27/08 04:08 PM

I am not fighting for freedom. I am fighting against fanatics who think we don't have the right to exist because we are not muslim. Call it what you want but not wrong.

You and any soldier have all my respect Marine, never doubt that. I blame politicians for the mess we're in not you guys.
I am sure every man on the ground or over the seas does his/her best to help or to fight.

But we both know they don't have a chance on earth to influence our lives other than blowing themselves up. Looks pretty desperate to me. Have you see the palestinian CARTOONS for kids brainwashing them for martyrdom? I mean if that's not desperate...

My hope is that we find a different technology, and send them back selling dates and camels as they were doing before we started buying oil, but that's never going to happen since both oil and war are the biggest businesses on this planet.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/27/08 03:15 PM

Look for another job for starters...Spending 8 hours of your day miserable and unhappy is no way to livedrinker

man you have a point here.
well said.