Community > Posts By > spqr

spqr's photo
Fri 02/22/08 11:56 AM

Hey jamie.....trying to recruit some hunky men....lol

Sooo what's the deal here? :)

spqr's photo
Fri 02/22/08 10:55 AM
Plife...what is your point? Science is based on theories.
Your mistake is to think that a theory is something "less" it is not. It's called a theory because when there will be a better understanding of it in the future that might change.

But in the details, not in the general guideline.

The "theory" of evolution is still called a theory because we are still learning. That is the difference with religion where the base concept is that "it is" without a need of research of study, like all faiths.

Based on our current knowledge and means of research right now that's the best theory we have, meaning that can be improved,not that is false as you claim

but I know there isn't worst deaf than the one who doesn't want to listen. And people of faith feel threatened by logic and reason..since Galileo...
Nothing new here.

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 06:08 PM

im going for possesion of drug paraphranelia and possesion with intent to sell, but i wasnt gonna sell it i swear it was mine now dont judge me cuz i smoke it doesnt change who i am, am if a single ****er comes near me and tries to **** im gonna cut his **** off

Stay strong man, and don't loose pride in yourself. I smoke too and it should be legal. I don't see why you can freely buy a bottle of Jack Daniels and waste yourself, but if you smoke a joint and wash your car you're suddently a criminal. It makes no sense at all to me.
Try to focus on the positive and not what's around you.
don't listen to who is trying to make you feel like a criminal, you're not.

take care

thanks man and no it doesnt make sence, be easysmokin drinker

you bet bro...let me know if I can help.

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 05:54 PM

im going for possesion of drug paraphranelia and possesion with intent to sell, but i wasnt gonna sell it i swear it was mine now dont judge me cuz i smoke it doesnt change who i am, am if a single ****er comes near me and tries to **** im gonna cut his **** off

Stay strong man, and don't loose pride in yourself. I smoke too and it should be legal. I don't see why you can freely buy a bottle of Jack Daniels and waste yourself, but if you smoke a joint and wash your car you're suddently a criminal. It makes no sense at all to me.
Try to focus on the positive and not what's around you.
don't listen to who is trying to make you feel like a criminal, you're not.

take care

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 10:57 AM

1) There is absolutely no reason to insult people.
2) What is the link for? Rush and Ann Coulter have both criticized Bush many times. The fact that I enjoy listening / reading what they have to say doesn't mean I support Bush.

Insane is not an insult...
how do you call someone that refuises reality?
sorry if you felt insulted...my bad.

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 10:26 AM

HAhahahhaahahh....hilarious
denial at its best...can you name ONE good news in the last 12 years Lyndy?
I mean apart the huige gains of halliburton and Bush & Co.

Well...Bill Clinton was impeached. Bill Clinton left office. Those are both good things.

But I'm guessing you meant in the past 7 years?

Bush cut taxes, which helped the economy.
Bush freed the people of Afganistan.
Bush freed the people of Iraq.
Libia gave up their WMD program, out of fear of G.W. Bush.

I'm not even a Bush supporter and those came right off the top of my head.

you are insane.
http://www.justsayhi.com/topic/show/84766

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 10:17 AM

Bush...will be a sad memory in a few months. Finally.

SPQR:

NOT to me, nor to the millions and millions who do support President George W. Bush. Left libbers just cannot stand hearing the good news.

Lindyy
:heart: :heart:

HAhahahhaahahh....hilarious
denial at its best...can you name ONE good news in the last 12 years Lyndy?
I mean apart the huige gains of halliburton and Bush & Co.

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 10:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dating

"Radiocarbon dating is a radiometric dating method that uses the naturally occurring isotope carbon-14 (14C) to determine the age of carbonaceous materials up to about 60,000 years."

------------

Did you read it all or just the part that you liked better?
Keep it up! The geology and archeology community will be excited to see the results of your "work".

"Meanwhile suggestive evidence was dug out (literally) by the geochemist Wallace Broecker and collaborators. Ancient coral reefs were perched at various elevations above the present sea level on islands that geological forces were gradually uplifting. The fossil reefs gave witness to how sea level had risen and fallen as ice sheets built up on the continents and melted away. The coral could be dated by hacking out samples and measuring their uranium and other radioactive isotopes. These isotopes decayed over millennia on a timescale that had been accurately measured in nuclear laboratories.

Unlike carbon-14, the decay was slow enough so there was still enough left to measure after hundreds of thousands of years.

As a check, the sea level changes could be set alongside the oxygen-isotope temperature changes measured in deep-sea cores. Again the orbital cycles emerged, plainer than ever. At a conference on climate change held in Boulder, Colorado in 1965, Broecker announced that "The Milankovitch hypothesis can no longer be considered just an interesting curiosity."(20) People at the conference began to speculate on how the calculated changes in sunlight, although they seemed insignificantly small, might somehow trigger ice ages. That could happen if the climate system were so delicately balanced that a small push could prompt it to switch between different states.

<=>Chaos theory
<=>The oceans
<=>Rapid change

Emiliani improved his measurements, thanks to a fine set of cores that reached back more than 400,000 years. He announced he could not make the data fit the traditional ice ages timetable at all. He rejected the entire scheme, painstakingly worked out around the end of the 19th century in Europe and accepted by generations of geologists, of a Pleistocene epoch comprising four major glacial advances alternating with long and equable interglacial periods. Emiliani said the interglacials had been briefer, and had been complicated by irregular rises and falls of temperature, making dozens of ice ages.(21) Many other scientists found his chronology dubious, but he defended his position tenaciously. Most significantly, he believed the sequence correlated rather well with the complex Milankovitch curve of summer sunlight at high northern latitude. Calculating how the cycle should continue in the future, in 1966 Emiliani predicted that "a new glaciation will begin within a few thousand years."(22) It was a step toward what would soon become widespread public concern about future cooling.

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 09:30 AM

Copyright 2008 The Washington Times LLC
All Rights Reserved

The Washington Times
February 20, 2008 Wednesday
Irish rocker hails Bush on Africa;
:smile: By Jennifer Harper and Jon Ward, THE WASHINGTON TIMES

:heart: Irish rock 'n' roll singer Bob Geldof yesterday said President Bush has done more to fight disease and poverty in Africa than any of his predecessors.:heart:

Mr. Geldof, long an activist for Africa, was downright effusive about Mr. Bush during an informal meeting with the press yesterday near Kigali, Rwanda.

:heart: Mr. Bush "has done more than any other president so far," Mr. Geldof said.:heart:

:heart: " ..... George W. Bush is basking in rare adulation on his African tour," noted one ABC News account.:heart:

...The accounts were different among African news organizations. Mr. Bush was called "relaxed and charming" by the Citizen newspaper in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

flowerforyou :smile: "Bush at home in Africa, where the U.S. still shines," said the Namibian.:smile: flowerforyou

The Liberian paper also yesterday offered an account which showed that Mr. Bush also resonated with other entertainers besides Mr. Geldof:

:heart: :heart: "In a humid rehearsal studio, Liberia's pop queen is practicing her newest single - a song called 'Thank You' to be released on the occasion of President George Bush's visit to this African capital this week. Her head tilted back, her face wet with sweat, Juli Endee pulls the microphone close and belts out, 'Thank you George Bush,' " the account said.:heart: :heart:

It's not the first time Mr. Bush got unexpected accolades from the Irishman, though. In 2003, Mr. Geldof praised the Bush administration for clearly allocating funds for AIDS relief in Africa ....telling the Guardian, "Clinton was a good guy, but he did [nothing.]"noway

* Jon Ward reported from Rwanda.
Geldof [NO CREDIT]
February 20, 2008

Bush...will be a sad memory in a few months. Finally.

spqr's photo
Thu 02/21/08 09:21 AM

My question is this: Would your personal observations ever make you reject accepted science and instead embrace the Bible?

You don't trust science because of your personal observations, you trust it because it can be tested repeatedely in a consistent manner.
You believe the bible because you want to, not because it's true, it's called faith.

No "personal observation" can make you "reject science" your question makes no sense at all.

SPQR,

Not all sciences are equal. Many have proven theories like Gravity and Photosynthesis. However other sciences are theory’s based on extrapolation and the notion that it’s the best theory that we currently have. That does not mean it’s proven. All it means that it’s the best current theory according to science.

Most people have no idea about this. They assume that all science is equal. Its not. Honestly, how many people have actually studied the details behind the “proof” of evolution or the age of the universe? Most folks just accept the notion without actually investigating for themselves.

Gravity and photosynthesys are not theories are "laws" if you came up with a better "gravity theory" let us all know please. Newton would be proud of you.

Details behind the LAW of evolution are in front of your face everyday, and you can study in a library, millions of volumes on the topic. New links found every month.
On the other side you trust a book written thousands of years ago and based on myths.
And you you mention investigating the truth? Why you ever investigated the bible?
LOL you guys are fun.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 06:01 PM

My ex-step dau was 12, in the 7th grade, and got busted giving bj's to multiple guys, 13-14yo, in a classroom after school. Her mom, my ex-, thought it was funny. The dau and I had a pretty long talk about sex and its repurcussions, over the ex's objections...the let her learn on her own sydrome. I provided her with condoms, and a cucumber to practice on, and answered every question she asked about it, techniques and all. She kept giving bj's to whomever until we div and they moved away. According to her and her hubby, she was virgin at 20 when she got married. You have to be open and non-judgemental about this topic with your kids. After all, I was 13 when I first got it on...lol...and my folks never knew anything about my sex life 'cause they did not want to hear it and would have blown up. sorry for the bookflowerforyou

Interesting.
Did you ask her why she was doing it? Peer pressure? Curiosity? because her friends were doing it?
I don't see that a s a 12 years old behaviour...but I've herad of oral sex being almost considered "non sex" nowadays.
that is weird.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 05:56 PM

16 is way too young to be experiencing this kind of behavior.abstinance is the only answer,until they are both legally married,or they are both of legal,consenting age!

I did it when I was 17 and she was 23...and trust me I'm fine...
I say 16 is realistic nowadays.
Abstinence?? lol
You've got to be kidding me...

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 05:53 PM

My question is this: Would your personal observations ever make you reject accepted science and instead embrace the Bible?

You don't trust science because of your personal observations, you trust it because it can be tested repeatedely in a consistent manner.
You believe the bible because you want to, not because it's true, it's called faith.

No "personal observation" can make you "reject science" your question makes no sense at all.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 04:57 PM
Edited by spqr on Wed 02/20/08 04:57 PM
you have a point.
I got carried over.

People is lead to think by statistics and spokepersons and a so called "american culture" that...

would make more sense with my answer.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 04:48 PM

Why do people think gun control laws actually prevent violent crimes when statistically violent crimes rise when strict laws are implimented?

Because the gun lobby in US is very wealthy and weapons sales are very big.
Works in a larger scale for wars too...just more money.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 04:45 PM

the parodies are interesting.

Parallels maybe?

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 04:40 PM
you are SO NAIVE.
Stop the freedom crap..no one fights for freedom, wars are fought for political interests and economic expansion. Period.

You choose to be a soldier and you obey your political leaders, who obey their very wealthy lobbies. Non one cares avout your freedom ever.

Saddam was the least of out problem, Iraq was probably the easiest target on the list for a long term position of economic control in the middle east, to control Iran, the flow of oil and protect Israel. Freedom and justice have NOTHING to do with it.

And it's not about being left or righ is about using that mass that's sitting bethween your ears.

wake up!

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 04:26 PM

Questions and Answers
about Foreign Policy

Pretty awesome, thanks for posting.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 03:51 PM

It's raining here. stupid rain...grumble I wanna see the eclipse

Stupid train here...means powder in Tahoe..and THAT is definitely a good thing :P

riding saturday.

spqr's photo
Wed 02/20/08 03:47 PM

so i can the the eclipse bigsmile bigsmile

Hmm it's not about the weather..it will start before the moon rises in Nor cal...sorry!

"The only problematic area will be along the Oregon and northern California coast, where the initial partial stage of the eclipse will already be under way when the moon rises and the sun sets on Wednesday evening."

from msnbc.com