Community > Posts By > iamgeorgiagirl

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/15/09 06:02 PM
We already existed in spirit form with God before we were born of flesh we just don't remember being in the spirit world before being born in the flesh (of woman)
No one ever notices something that I think is so important...and they assume those days to be 24 hours long instead of probably 1000 years based on today's calendar now too.

When the bible talks about the evening and the morning in Genesis here a day is not based on our day length at all. These are pointed out differently in the bible when they refer to when God changed our life expectancy later on. A day and night is 1000 years.

This is on the 6th day of creation 6000 years of our years since the first day of creation.

Read slowly...
26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who do you think God was talking to? Us? possibly? Us?

We are the ones he was talking to...we just don't remember this spirit life until going back to it... We chose to be born of waters (or woman) then...

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Then in Genesis Chapter 2 God creates flesh man (after all of mankind has already been created and he had rested....this is what a lot of people miss for some reason they are mislead...but flesh man is created after the heavens and the earth were completed after the 7th day not part of the 6th day creation...

If you don't believe me read it again....
Genesis chapter 1 & 2

:smile:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/15/09 01:46 PM
I guess the world is made up of a lot of people who take it for granted that he made us and don't really care about all the details...
noway

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Fri 02/13/09 09:10 AM

Well for someone who detests the bible as much as you do. I ask you then why do you stay in the religious forums? Is it to belittle and bad mouth everyone like a bully?
Is it to try and make Christians feel bad?
Is it to feel superiority? Or is it something else?

So you're suggesting that only Christianity qualifies as 'religion'?

I've answered this question many times, but no one seems to get it.

Christianity preaches bigotry against anyone who does not believe in the Bible. They do this by simply claiming that anyone who has not accepted the Bible as the 'word of God' is rejecting God, and must therefore be choosing to side 'against God'.

In fact, this is what the Bible itself demands. It's all through the Bible.

Someone recently posted this verse which came straight from the Bible:

Psalms 14: The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

So there you have it. If you believe in the Bible you must agree with this. Otherwise you disagree with the Bible!

So to support the Bible you must necessarily support this kind of bigotry because this is the kind of bigotry that the Bible teaches.

You can't say, "Oh well, I'm not like that".

If you're not like that, and you think it's morally higher ground not to be like that, then you necessarily believe that you are morally superior to the biblical God!

That's a fact.

You either agree with the Bible or you don't. If you agree with it you may need to lower your morals somewhat.

You ask me why I'm so vhemently against it?

Because it teaches people hate and bigotry in the name of God.

Now you may say, "Well that's not what Jesus supposedly taught".

I'll be the first to agree with you that Jesus also denounced what the Bible had to say!

He was crucified for blaspheme because he disagreed with what the scriptures had to say!

I don't hate the Bible. That would be like hating Greek Mythology.

I just try to point out how totally asburd it is. The Bible contains HATE.

That's a fact.

I'm not making this up. Male chauvinism, hatred against heathens, and even hatred toward same gender love, is all through the Bible.

A God who hates love? huh

Sorry that you feel that my views are cynical. It's the Bible that teaches people to hate each other, not me.

I speak out against the Bible because we have fought for the right to speak out against atrocities.

The Biblical picture of God is an atrocity in my view.

Why should I support it?

Why should I sit back and be silent whilst other people proselytize it to innocent victims?

It's a cancer to humanity and historically has been shown to be so.

The Catholic Church itself is on record for having mass murdered people who disagree with its views.

They even mass murdered other Christians for having differnt views (See the history of the Cathers)

The Cathers weren't bad people!

The Crusades was done in the name of this religion.

Hypatia was murdered in the name of Christianity.

For 300 years thousands of innocent midwives were tortured and made to confess to being witches and burned at the stake in the name of Jesus Christ.

Many of those innocent midwives were themsleves Chistains!

The Christians came to America and murdered the native indians here as "heathen savages".

Cleary this religion didn't instill any decent morals into these people.

As if that wasn't enough, they brought Africans over and enslaved them and made them pick cotten whilst they went into their little white churches and praised Jesus!

What a bunch of hypocrites!

Even the Bible condones slavery and gives instructions on how to care for slaves!

Do you believe that the creator of this universe condones slavery? huh

I don't, and therefore I denounce the mythology that claims the our creator would condone any such behavior.

To believe in the Bible you necessarily must believe that God is truly a cruel heartless bigoty who is clearly a male chauvinist.

For me this is a HUMANITARIAN issue.

Look at what Christian organizations are trying to do today in the name of Jesus Christ,...

They denounce same gender love and what to put it into law to harrass anyone who dares to love someone of the same gender.

They want to teach their myth in public schools as though it is established science and has just as much merit as science (which is doesn't).

Moreover, they won't even consider pantheism as a potential picture of God. They demand that God is the male chauvinistic bigoted God of the Bible.

Why?

Why do they insist that the Biblical picture of God is true when there are so many things against it? Not the least of which is that it's an ugly story.

To believe in the Bible you must believe that YOU were the reason that Jesus had to be nailed to a pole.

Anything less and you are rejecting the sacrifice!

The Bible DEMANDS that you have failed your creator and caused him great harm.

Why would you want to believe such a thing? Do you feel that you really were against God and tried your best to spit him?

I've never felt that way in my entire life. Perhaps that's one reason why I find the story so utterly absurd.

Also, what's wrong with the pantheistic picture of God?

It's totally 100% unconditional love. All are children of God. All return to God. No one is guilty of making God have to sacrifice anything. Much less ALL being quilty like the Bible demands.

Can't you see that it's just a brainwashing scheme that was created to make everyone feel that they had no choice but to join the CHURCH.

Those days are over.

The real creator of this universe is not the nasty judgmental bigot that the authors of the Bible have claimed.

It was all a big lie.

The eastern view of Pantheism is far more divine, and far more likely to be the true picture of spirit.

In the meantime, people need to be educated why the biblical picture of God can't possibly be true.

You ask why I speak out against it.

What do you expect me to do?

Wait until Christians are burning gays at the stake (or having them incarcerated legally and harrassed by the law for their natural love for each other?)

I speak out against this kind of bigotry and hatred because I can. This is the RIGHT that our forefathers fought for. In fact, my own father served in WWII.

I speak out against it in the hope that some people will hear my views and realize that I speak the TRUTH.

I dream of the day when we can put this bigoted hateful religion behind us and move on with a truly loving and humane world.

I am sorry you feel that way Abra...
I just don't think the verse is bigotry at all...you also have to read the whole chapter not just one verse anyway.
It doesn't say much more than... if you are not with me then you must be against me basically to me. Besides no one can proove there is no God (not yet anyway)so it doesn't even apply to you or too many people any way.
And yes the bible does give instructions on how to treat your slaves. He wanted people to treat them good. That is just the way it was back in those days. Didn't say it was right.
And no, mankind hasn't failed God it's just that all humans do sin regardless of whether they think they have or not if they have started walking and talking usually they lie as their first sin. Some continue to lie even if it is only to themselves or to others in a dating forum, etc.
God does have unconditional love for his creation and it would be unfair for sin or wrongs to go unpunished unless there is remorse and good intentions.
Unfortunately Christians have both good and bad people just like any other people. No one is perfect remember? We like to sin too much! sad I certainly am not but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be perfect!
It just seems you reject God... and that is your perogative... and I know you feel you are justified in your reasons for doing so; so I'll still love you no matter what!

:wink: :heart: :wink:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Fri 02/13/09 06:15 AM
Take some good ol' earth & water, a little DNA or a seed and grow something...I like deklineofman's answer.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:46 PM

I could go topless right here but I would also have consequences

If I were to go topless on a public beach that is zoned for this type of sun bathing and I am attacked by a man who is "visually stimulated" and loses control of himself, he is breaking the law. I was doing nothing wrong. I have more respect for men and believe they have the power and the ability to control themselves.

I agree but why push it

I agree also but the point being made here is I should have the RIGHT to push it provided I am doing this in an area where it is allowed. Technically I can do it anywhere and a man still would have no right to attack me, however I would be breaking the law at that point and I should be arrested.

I realize the point you are making but the point I am making is....If you are allergic to bees. Why wear something that attracts them? Who would be stupid here you or the bee?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:43 PM

You didn’t respond or refute it. Show me exactly where it says plausibly that the rest of the races were created on the 6th day. The exact line.

I clearly stated that >>>>
What you fail to see is it isn't 2 separate stories nor is it 2 different versions. It is telling you in chronological order that man was made first in spirit form and later he was made into flesh. Why is that so difficult to understand?

That is not a rebuttal. You made the same statement in light of the evidence. You can’t just say "I’m right" over again. That is not how debate works.
I never said I'm right that I remember. I just stated what I believe to be the truth.

Well you seemed to repeat the same statement in light of the evidence. That is your right. I guess...it’s just not a very effective form of debate. I didn’t realize that was all you were doing in that case.
That is because I still feel the same way even in light of the evidence.

And I must confess that nothing you have shown me even remotely indicates anything that you are trying to prove. I agree with Abra and it appears to be in your head where the rest of us can’t see it. Just being honest with you on this.

ohwell I guess I'll go do something more fun then...adios

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:39 PM

If I were to go topless on a public beach that is zoned for this type of sun bathing and I am attacked by a man who is "visually stimulated" and loses control of himself, he is breaking the law. I was doing nothing wrong. I have more respect for men and believe they have the power and the ability to control themselves.

I agree but why push it

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:38 PM

I was at church last sunday and my pastor talked about PERFECT LOVE(OR PURE LOVE) he says after Adam and Eve who had the PERFECT LOVE chose to eat the apple they ended up with IMPERFECT LOVE...............he also said they are the only humans who have experienced that PERFECTION and that we will never experience that PERFECT LOVE that they did because in other words we have been doomed by GOD..............so that is why we have so many problems in our relationships because we have IMPERFECT LOVE..............

so my question is why are we still searching for LOVE when its IMPERFECT LOVE that we have inherited from ADAM AND EVE..............

Everyone needs love....even God

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:37 PM

You didn’t respond or refute it. Show me exactly where it says plausibly that the rest of the races were created on the 6th day. The exact line.

What you fail to see is it isn't 2 separate stories nor is it 2 different versions. It is telling you in chronological order that man was made first in spirit form and later he was made into flesh. Why is that so difficult to understand?

That is not a rebuttal. You made the same statement in light of the evidence. You can’t just say "I’m right" over again. That is not how debate works.
I never said I'm right that I remember. I just stated what I believe to be the truth.

Well you seemed to repeat the same statement in light of the evidence. That is your right. I guess...it’s just not a very effective form of debate. I didn’t realize that was all you were doing in that case.
That is because I still feel the same way even in light of the evidence.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:34 PM

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:32 PM

Running around half naked does not give anyone the right to rape but it just isn't real smart.

Well could I go topless on a beach where that is permissible?

Yes that is your prerogative.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:31 PM

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:29 PM
Running around half naked does not give anyone the right to rape but it just isn't real smart.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:25 PM

I feel something that you call "GOD." It is inside of me. It is I AM. It is inside of everything. It is existence, it is consciousness, it is alive, it is intelligent, it is infinite and it is totally awesome.

sounds like gas

"JennieBean" all the wonders that you previously named may actually be there to keep you from truth

you can only rely on your own existence as being the only absolute truth you can't rely on a presense that you think is there to be truth because it may be delusion

No they are there because they are there.

I rely on my own existence as the event horizon, the beginning of all truth.

Me too really

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:23 PM

Men are turned on by sight.

So women wear as little as possible.

Means trouble.

Then move to Iraq or Iran. You can date women that wear Burkas and black drapes down to their ankles.

Now i know you better than that. You want to take that this degrades women.

I personally have been at the grocery store and seen some beautiful Arab women who just mainly had a scarf on thier heads.

If women think they need to have a string up thier but to be beautiful they are sadly mistaken.

Alot of men are attracted to women dressed nicely and show respect for themselves these others have no respect for themselves and it is our way of societies faullt.

Why go to extremes when you knew ezactly what i meant. I know you are a very intelligent woman... Blessings...Miles

Then say what you mean.

You insisted that
"Men are turned on by sight.

Means trouble.

Is that the woman's fault? A woman should be allowed to dress however she wants provided it is permissible in the current environment. The same standard would apply to a man.

Well when it is permissible in society to run around half dressed you can expect rape crimes to increase so who's fault would it be?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:20 PM

Men are turned on by sight.

Means trouble.

Then move to Iraq or Iran. You can date women that wear Burkas and black drapes down to their ankles.
and that by the way was very rude to say that to miles

pitchfork

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:19 PM

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:11 PM

Because it makes no sense. I just offered you an explanation for the two accounts. Did you even read that? You cant just make stuff up in your head. It has to be shown in scripture.
I showed you point blank in verse not through made up stuff in my head. I repeat it is not 2 different versions of creation. But if you don't see that ohwell I am not here to argue...

NO WHERE did you show that the rest of the races (which is weird anyway) were made on the 6th day. I gave you an explanation for the two accounts written by a theologian and you ignored it.

I didn't ignore a thing!

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:10 PM

Abra you are so wrong my cynical friend...I wish there was some way you could see this simply isn't true

I'm noy cynical at all. You need to realized that I don't believe a word of the Bible. It may as well be a superman commic book as far as I'm concerned.

The bottom line is that Christians keep preaching to "Read the Bible", and then when I do and I report back on what it has to say, they call me cynical. laugh

Excuse me, but it wasn't my idea. I'm just reporting on what the book had to say.

Also you posted the following from Genesis:

3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Well, clearly this is a lie. Serpents do not eat dust. They eat frogs and mice and all sorts of other animals. They eat the same things that all other animals eat.

Clearly whoever wrote this either got carried away with their fibbing, or didn't know much about snakes.

Obviously, if this had been written by the supreme creator of the unvierse it would have spoken the truth. Clearly it's not true that serpents eat dust.

The Bible is actually filled with these kinds of obvious falsehoods. Yet people still want to claim that it is the word of the supreme infallible creator of the universe?

You can't be serious.

And according to the Bible, God does not respect women as being equal to me. They are treated as second class citizens.

That's not me being cynical, that's what you must believe if you believe that the Bible is the word of God.

In fact, if you think that's cynical, then you must think that authors of the Bible are cynical because it came from the Bible, not from me.

I get tired of having the biblical crap laid onto me like as if I'm the one who's being nasty.

If you don't like what the Bible has to say take it up with the authors, not me. tongue2

Well for someone who detests the bible as much as you do. I ask you then why do you stay in the religious forums? Is it to belittle and bad mouth everyone like a bully?
Is it to try and make Christians feel bad?
Is it to feel superiority? Or is it something else?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 06:05 PM

Because it makes no sense. I just offered you an explanation for the two accounts. Did you even read that? You cant just make stuff up in your head. It has to be shown in scripture.
I showed you point blank in verse not through made up stuff in my head. I repeat it is not 2 different versions of creation. But if you don't see that ohwell I am not here to argue...

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25