Community > Posts By > iamgeorgiagirl

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 05:59 PM

Abra you are so wrong my cynical friend...I wish there was some way you could see this simply isn't true

I'm noy cynical at all. You need to realized that I don't believe a word of the Bible. It may as well be a superman commic book as far as I'm concerned.

The bottom line is that Christians keep preaching to "Read the Bible", and then when I do and I report back on what it has to say, they call me cynical. laugh

Excuse me, but it wasn't my idea. I'm just reporting on what the book had to say.

Also you posted the following from Genesis:

3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Well, clearly this is a lie. Serpents do not eat dust. They eat frogs and mice and all sorts of other animals. They eat the same things that all other animals eat.

Clearly whoever wrote this either got carried away with their fibbing, or didn't know much about snakes.

Obviously, if this had been written by the supreme creator of the unvierse it would have spoken the truth. Clearly it's not true that serpents eat dust.

The Bible is actually filled with these kinds of obvious falsehoods. Yet people still want to claim that it is the word of the supreme infallible creator of the universe?

You can't be serious.

And according to the Bible, God does not respect women as being equal to me. They are treated as second class citizens.

That's not me being cynical, that's what you must believe if you believe that the Bible is the word of God.

In fact, if you think that's cynical, then you must think that authors of the Bible are cynical because it came from the Bible, not from me.

I get tired of having the biblical crap laid onto me like as if I'm the one who's being nasty.

If you don't like what the Bible has to say take it up with the authors, not me. tongue2

This serpent is Satan not a flesh snake and if he eats anything it certainly is dust

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 05:55 PM

why not? Is it because it's hard to comprehend that mankind has a soul, a spirit and a flesh body? Or could it be that you are having trouble distinguishing yourself as a spirit without any flesh? Or is it none of the above?

It makes no sense in the context of what I presented to you which were two contradictory accounts.

Creationists call us to believe the Biblical creation story as a literal account of historical events. However, Genesis contains two distinctly different creation accounts. Which creation story are they calling us to "literally" believe?

For generations, serious students of Scripture have noted stark divisions and variations in the age of the Hebrew, its style and language within Genesis. As we have it now, Genesis is actually a composite of three written primary sources, each with its own character, favorite words and distinctly different names for God. Such differences all but evaporate when translated into English, but they are clear in the ancient Hebrew text.

The first creation account, Genesis. 1:1 to Genesis. 2:4a, was written during or after the Jews' Babylonian captivity. This fully developed story explains creation in terms of the ancient near eastern world view of its time. A watery chaos is divided by the dome (firmament) of the sky. The waters under the dome are gathered and land appears. Lights are affixed in the dome. All living things are created. The story pictures God building the cosmos as a supporting ecosystem for humanity. Finally, humanity, both male and female, is created, and God rests.

The second Creation story, Genesis 2:4b to 2:25, found its written form several centuries before the Genesis. 1:1 story. This text is a less developed and much older story. It was probably passed down for generations around the camp fires of desert dwellers before being written. It begins by describing a desert landscape, no plants or herbs, no rain; only a mist arises out of the earth. Then the Lord God forms man of the dust of the ground, creates an oasis-like Garden of Eden to support the "man whom he had formed." In this story, God creates animal life while trying to provide the man "a helper fit for him." None being found, God takes a rib from the man's side and creates the first woman. These two creation stories clearly arise out of different histories and reflect different concerns with different sequences of events. Can they either or both be literal history? Obviously not.

Many serious students of Scripture consider the first eleven chapters of Genesis as non-literal, pre-history type literature, with Abram in Genesis. 12:1 being the first literal historical figure in the Bible. This understanding of Genesis causes an uproar in some quarters. In most church communities, little of this textual study has filtered down to the pew. But, in their professional training, vast numbers of clergy have been exposed to this type of literary scriptural analysis.

What you fail to see is it isn't 2 separate stories nor is it 2 different versions. It is telling you in chronological order that man was made first in spirit form and later he was made into flesh. Why is that so difficult to understand?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 05:50 PM
My dear friends,
I am just stating what I truly believe is the truth. I am not here to stir up trouble or make anyone feel bad. I have no secret agenda. I hope you find all the answers you are looking for individually. I luv ya either way!

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 05:35 PM

That makes absolutely no sense. happy

why not? Is it because it's hard to comprehend that mankind has a soul, a spirit and a flesh body? Or could it be that you are having trouble distinguishing yourself as a spirit without any flesh? Or is it none of the above?

*Funches*

Hugs

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 05:24 PM

That is allowed I think. bigsmile Basically you have two versions of Creation. Here they are;

Genesis 1:27
(The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And then

Genesis 2:18-22
(The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Oh, now I see why you are confused. Genesis 1:27 is talking about God creating man in his own image and if you will notice in verse 1:26 he is talking to someone. It tells me that we were created then souls and spirits like he is but not made of flesh then but made of spirit like him.

Then after he rested on the 7th day at some point afterward he made man into flesh. Then after flesh man broke their only commandment from God by partaking of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is when the seed of flesh mankind intermingled with the seed of Satan.

In other words I think Satan (had sex or a DNA exchange maybe) with Eve & Adam and Cain is Satan's offspring which caused God to punish them.

The punishment befits the crime... These verses are what he said to them after they partook of the knowledge of good and evil......

3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 04:51 PM

Seriously, you don't understand what is illogical about a deity forming a man out of mud or clay and then breathing life into it?

Literally, that does not make much sense, and I mean seriously.

Even me, a non Christian. can use my imagination and come up with a decent interpretation of what that story is all about.
But I would also have to use what I believe about the structure of reality to do it.

I am just asking if anyone else can explain it.

But you are right, nobody cares, they just have faith that it somehow happened.

It is obvious that people 2000 years ago were not capable of understanding the structure of reality and the nature of time or that everything is made up of atoms and the truth was just way too much for them to grasp, so this story was sufficient for them then.

But today there exist, wonder of wonders, inquiring minds, who really are interested in the How of things.

Who cares why? What is the big deal with why anyway?

TO LIVE AND EXIST... THAT'S WHY... what is so hard about that?

Or maybe the question is why would God want a bunch of imperfect sinful humans messing up the planet?

I don't know what you mean by WHY.

I think you are a brilliant soul and you have a very inquiring mind along with a lot of insight into the ways of mankind but sometimes you think too hard. I guess I am just a simpleton compared to you. But Jeanniebean God made us for his pleasure. We are here so let's enjoy it while we can because you never know when this life will end.
I seek comfort in knowing that when I do die I will see those I love who have already passed on into the other dimension once again. In fact it thrills me beyond words to express how wonderful it is to know this without any doubts.
The flesh body turns back into the dust from whence it came but your soul lives on in a perfect spirit body that resembles the one you have now. You are immediately present with the Lord and his light comes to collect your soul while you are realizing you see yourself dead yet are amazed because you also realize you are still alive and no one alive in the flesh can see or hear you anymore.
To me it is wonderful to know! It is also the truth! Not just something I believe to be true.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (2Corinthians 5:8, KJV)

:heart:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 04:08 PM

laugh Im just giving you a hard time. Most biblical scholars are aware of the two versions of Creations. They were written at different times.

It's ok a lot of people enjoy giving me a hard time. What two versions of Genesis are you talking about though?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 04:04 PM

huh Wait there is two versions of Genesis. How come in that verse, man and woman are created at the same time?

Your asking me something I can only give an opinion about.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 03:45 PM
Hold on maybe I can clarify it further...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 03:43 PM

Uhh, can you highlight it or something? What am I looking for? Like where does it say "all the other people created on the 6th day?" Or even imply that?

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 03:40 PM
Edited by iamgeorgiagirl on Sun 02/08/09 03:41 PM

Uhh, can you highlight it or something? What am I looking for?

It is scriptural proof that all the races and other people were created on the 6th day and then after the 7th day he created Adam & Eve. The others are who mated with Cain

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 03:34 PM

<--------Just lookin' for sex so it's of no matter :wink:
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Boy are you in the wrong thread!!!!

I usually am. slaphead
It's ok girl

:wink:

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 03:34 PM
Edited by iamgeorgiagirl on Sun 02/08/09 03:37 PM
Sure...

23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]
Genesis 2 (King James Version)

Genesis 2

1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

4These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

10And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

12And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

13And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

14And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

18And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 03:01 PM

<--------Just lookin' for sex so it's of no matter :wink:
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Boy are you in the wrong thread!!!!

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:53 PM

Well, if you read the Bible's definition of perfect love you may not like it. Especially if you are a woman.

Perfect love, according to the God of Abraham, is when the woman does only what her husband tells her to do and never talks back to him or questions his authority over her.

So if you're a woman and you are seeking perfect love all you need to do is give yourself over to a man and never question his authority.

That's Perfect Love according to the God of Abraham.

I can only imagine that since this is what the bibilical God expected of humans then he will also expect this same type of behavior in his kingdom of heaven.

Christian women better read the fine print before they sign up for tickets to Heaven.

The Biblical God created women as a helpmate for the man. They are secondary to men according to the God of Abraham.

I'm quite sure that most women who claim to be Christians have no clue what they are in for.

They are so focused on Jesus being their savior that they have totally missed the point of what they are being saved from. But what they are being saved from is their own rebellion from Perfect Love and total obedience to their husbands who they will be sold to in exchange for some oxen.

God does not allow for women to choose their own mates. They are to be bought and sold as property. That's the God of Abraham's idea of Perfect Love.

So if you want the Bible's version of "Perfect Love", just give yourself over to the first man who wants you and do precisely as he says for the rest of your life.

It doesn't matter if you don't like him that's not the point to God's idea of Perfect Love.

The God of Abraham is a male chauvinist God. He created Eve from a rib of Adam. Even is Adam's property. She's the one who fell from grace and brought the whole human race down with her. She questioned the authority of GOD himself! Mr. Jealous Macho Male Chauvinist Egotist.

That's the Biblical God of Abraham. And Jesus was just his sacrificial lamb. Jesus isn't even God. He was just the lamb of God.

Perfect Love is total obedienece to MEN!

Don't look at me. I'm just telling you how the myth goes. Personally I don't believe a word of it. I'm totally convinced that the whole thing was made up by arrogant male chaunvinistic pigs.

Why should I believe that the creator of this unvierse is a macho male pig? huh

Personally I think that Greek Mythology was a more well-rounded story. At least they had Aphrodites. :wink:

Abra you are so wrong my cynical friend...I wish there was some way you could see this simply isn't true

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:51 PM

Pure love by the Adam and Eve standard just reduces it to a 'sex in heat' only because it reduces it to a bestial thing. Perfect love is far deeper than just the Adam and Eve argument...

Besides, There are some big bad holes in the story of Adam and Eve...

Where did all the people come from after Cain Killed Able??????????

Instant people, just drop a pill in a glass of water and stand back???
Goodness doesn't anyone read the bible? All the other people were created on the 6th day Adam & Eve after the 7th day. All races and other people were created on the 6th day.

Can you find in Genesis where it clearly states this?
Of course I can Genesis chapter 1 Start reading at verse 23 the end of the 5th day up to the end of the chapter which is verse 31. Then chapter 2 talks about how he rested on the 7th day and next about the creation of Adam & Eve.

A lot of people miss that...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:40 PM

I give up then.

Nobody will step forward and defend their Bible.

Nobody will even dare to try to imagine how the creation story in Genesis is logical or how it makes any sense at all.

So I am declaring the age of Pisces over. The age of Jesus is over. It was all a hoax. It was all a myth. Christianity is done for if nobody can even imagine how a deity created a man from the mud and then brought him to life.

It is time for people to put away childish things and stop believing in myth as if it were true.

I believe in intelligent design folks. But the Bible version is just not cutting it.

I will let this thread die on the vine I guess.

waving

Jeanniebean I don't understand what is illogical about it. I don't know how my computer was made either but I still use it.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:37 PM

I just gotta' ask...who cares how he did it and why?

Well for one, I do.

(I think I have told everyone WHY in this thread.)

Simply because the creation story of genesis is being touted as truth, and a lot of Christians are screaming about the scientific theory of evolution being taken out of schools and wanting the story of creation put in. That does not make sense.

I have also been told that the theory of evolution is "not logical" and "makes no sense" by a Christian who supposedly believes the Bible is accurate.

That story makes no sense either, at least to me. I am wondering if it makes any sense to anyone else, and apparently it doesn't or apparently they are all of the attitude that they don't care. I want to know why they would choose that over science.

Is there any reasoning and logic behind that?

Who cares? That is a very strange question. Is the Bible true? .... WHO CARES!

I'm sorry jeanniebean for being a smart aleck...It just makes me wonder (assuming evolution is true) why are we not still evolving? Heck I can't grow a new tooth that I could use. Evolution is a theory and that is all it is IMO. Genesis is theorized to be written by Moses and doesn't give a whole lot of details about how he did it but a lot more about why. I feel confident that I will see you in the other dimension (the afterlife) and I will hug your neck...

Peace

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sat 02/07/09 04:53 PM

I was at church last sunday and my pastor talked about PERFECT LOVE(OR PURE LOVE) he says after Adam and Eve who had the PERFECT LOVE chose to eat the apple they ended up with IMPERFECT LOVE...............he also said they are the only humans who have experienced that PERFECTION and that we will never experience that PERFECT LOVE that they did because in other words we have been doomed by GOD..............so that is why we have so many problems in our relationships because we have IMPERFECT LOVE..............

so my question is why are we still searching for LOVE when its IMPERFECT LOVE that we have inherited from ADAM AND EVE..............

Just curious how your pastor could say this. There is no proof that they had sex documented in the bible until after partaking from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sat 02/07/09 04:50 PM

Wow, I will never experience perfect love because two people who I had nothing to do with ate an apple. That is some mean g-d you got there.

There is nothing about eating an apple in Genesis.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25