Community > Posts By > iamgeorgiagirl

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 02/19/09 07:26 PM

You want to get rid of him or her.

What creative ideas can you come up with to break it off, or get them to break it off?

flowerforyou You could tell them that you cheated with another person.flowerforyou

I did better than that. He asked me where I was last night, he had tried to call and I was not home.

I told him I was out with two guys and that I did them both. laugh laugh

noway laugh laugh laugh

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 02/19/09 07:25 PM
I usually just tell them sorry it didn't work out for us, wish them well and go on.

*Remember the golden rule*

If you're scared of them by all means leave when they are away or asleep!

You can always call later or write a note...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 02/19/09 07:13 PM
The site has this info as well...

The Fallen Angels View

* Sons of God: Fallen angels
* Nephilim: Mix of human and angel

This is one of the most popular views. It stems from angels being called “sons of God” or interpreted as such in Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7. In fact, if the Nephilim were indeed half human/half fallen angel then it would give great understanding to the many ancient religious views after Babel and demi-gods. As pointed out, Nephilim is related to the verb series “to fall” in Hebrew, giving support to the view that this is related to fallen angels. So, it does hold some status among biblical scholars.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 02/19/09 01:02 PM

I think a lot of religions are a form of control too. But I have practically copied and pasted almost all of the first 2 chapters of Genesis here already. On the 6th day all of mankind was created which includes all races.

They were made into flesh after God had rested on the sabbath day.

The bible says this not me....

Iamgeorgiagirl....God did NOT make ALL mankind on the sixth day....

God ONLY made Adam

and Eve on the sixth day ....

and if you continue reading on in Genesis......you will see where God told Adam and Eve to go MULTIPLY.

(and once more, man was NOT made into flesh AFTER God had RESTED

on the sabbath day...

nowhere in scripture does it say that Iamgeorgiagirl....

scriptures says ,God made adam and eve on the sixth

day....period.)

And ALL the different races still ALL came from adam and eve....

God is a God of variation...and although all mankind comes from

adam and eve, no one is exactly the same.......

each human being is UNIQUE.......in fact, so unique, that

each person has his/her own unique set of

fingerprints...
flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

I respectfully disagree

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 02/19/09 01:00 PM

So now you're saying that the Bible isn't the "Word of God"? Pretty sure God wouldn't appreciate that. :laughing:

The so-called "WORD OF GOD" was written by a MAN so im not taking it all as GODS word............I think religion is a form of control and it has been used this way to intimidated and cause fear to the believers..................

Yes it was writteen by man but it is so full of truths it just can't be ignored.

Really and the truths that you know are? I have nothing against faith as long as it is factual but for people to take one book and think its GODS WORDS without questioning why it was made and why it was written is faulty................By the way God made things I believe other animals not other races...............if other races came then why arent there more than ADAM and EVE.............because ADAM AND EVE procreated and thats how civilizations were built...........

The truths I know are... God is real and people still live after the flesh body dies. The bible is written by men as well as misinterpreted but... can you tell me something that is untrue in it?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 02/19/09 12:48 PM

Chances are that once you've broken up with someone, the ship has sailed. It just ain't worth going back together as the same issues will invariably come back into play. And that will eventually mean another (probably more heated) break up.

I gotta' agree!

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Thu 02/19/09 12:44 PM

1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were FINISHED. 2 And on the seventh day God ENDED His work which He HAD DONE , and He RESTED on the seventh day from ALL HIS WORK which HE HAD DONE . 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He RESTED from ALL HIS WORK which God HAD CREATED AND MADE .

IAMGEORGIAGIRL....flowerforyou

GENESIS CHAPTER 2 VERSE 4 BEGINS WITH THESE WORDS:

" THIS IS A HISTORY....."

"THIS IS A HISTORY".... IS GIVING

A RECAP OF WHAT GOD HAS

ALREADY CREATED......

GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY.

THAT MEANS WHEN GOD RESTED...

HIS WORK WAS DONE!!!

FINSHED !!! FINITO!!!:wink:

SO IF GOD RESTED, BECAUSE HIS WORK WAS DONE ....

THEN IT IS OBVIOUS THAT GOD IS

NOT NOT NOT GOING TO ARISE FROM

HIS REST NOW.....

AND GO BACK TO WORK.....

AND DECIDE TO NOW MAKE MAN ON THE EIGHTH DAY !!!

SO NO....

GOD DID NOT ARISE FROM HIS REST......

AND MAKE MAN IN THE FLESH ON THE EIGHT DAY ....

AS YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE, IAMGEORGIAGIRL.

THAT'S NOT WHAT SCRIPTURE IS SAYING AT ALL, PRECIOUS.
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Who says God can only work 7 days and stop and never work or create again? No one. I still think it is a continuation...sorry

IAMGEORGIAGIRL.......GOD MADE ALL OF CREATION....

THEN GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY.

NOW....HIS CREATION THAT GOD MADE...

WAS ALSO MADE TO

REPRODUCE .... AFER.... IT'S... OWN ....KIND.

SO THEREFORE , BECAUSE ALL THINGS WERE MADE TO REPRODUCE AFTER

ITS OWN KIND.....

IS HOW GOD'S CREATION THAT HE ALREADY MADE , IS ABLE TO CARRY

ON.....

AGAIN..BY REPRODUCING ATER ITS KIND..........EACH REPRODUCING

WITHIN ITS OWN SPECIES.

MEANING... NO NEW SPECIES ARE BEING MADE.....CAUSE GOD MADE IT ALL

IN THE BEGINNING ..AND THEN RESTED....CAUSE HIS WORK WAS DONE!!!

ALSO.....THE GIANTS MENTIONED LATER ON IN GENESIS, WERE MEN OF

GOD..NOT SOME OTHER SPECIES MATING WITH MAN.

AND ONCE MORE, THAT'S BECAUSE GOD MADE ALL THINGS TO REPRODUCE

ONLY ONLY ONLY AFTER ..ITS ...OWN ....KIND!!

MEANING..... ONCE MORE......

THAT ONE SPECIES OF CREATIION

CAN NOT EVER MATE WITH AN ENTIRELY

DIFFERENT SPECIES OF CREATION!!!

(FOR INSTANCE....SOME THINK THAT MAN AND ANGELS MATED TO

CREATE GIANTS....NOPE.....

THAT IS

IMPOSSIBLE, ACCORDING TO WHAT GOD SAYS IN HIS WORD!!)

GOD'S WORD DOES NOT AND CANNOT EVER EVER LIE......NOR

CAN GOD EVER GO AGAINST HIS WORD !!!

IF GOD SAID IT..YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE BANK..... GOD'S WORD

WILL NEVER CHANGE !!!

GOD DOES NOT CHANGE...NEITHER DOES GOD'S WORD CHANGE.

EVER !!!

THAT IS WHY, FOR INSTANCE.....

WHEN MAN SINNED, THAT GOD CAME UP WITH A JUST PLAN FOR

MANKIND....THRU JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF....

A PLAN OF SALVATION THAT WOULD NOT AND DID NOT

GO AGAINST GOD'S

WORD.

IN FACT, GOD ALREADY KNEW ALL THINGS....FROM THE VERY

FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD ....

( GOD KNOWS THE BEGINNING FROM THE END AND THE END FROM THE

BEGINNING. )

THAT IS WHY , WHEN JESUS SAID ON THE CROSS ," IT IS FINISHED"

MEANT.........IT IS DONE......

EVEN IF WE OURSELVES , HAVE NOT SEEN THE FULL

MANIFESTATION OF GOD'S PLAN UNFOLDED YET.

BUT JUST BECAUSE GOD'S PLAN HAS NOT ALL UNFOLDED YET FOR US IN EARTH TIME...

DOESN'T MEAN IT IS NOT DONE.

IT IS DONE.....PERIOD.

AND ...THE VICTORY OVER DEATH AND SIN HAS ALREADY BEEN

WON....ALSO.....

BY WHAT JESUS DID ON THAT CROSS OVER 2000 YEARS AGO !!!

IAMGEORGIAGIRL......HOPE THIS HELPS MAKE THE WORD A BIT MORE

CLEARER NOW.flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

AND PLEASE DON'T FEEL BAD.....CAUSE WE ARE ALL STILL LEARNING

AND GROWING....

AND NONE OF US HAVE ARRIVED.....NONE OF US!!

BUT WE ARE ALL GETTING THERE:heart::heart::heart:

***PS........ALSO....AS WAS MENTIONED EARLER :

GENESIS CHAPTER 2 VERSE 4 , IS THE HISTORY ......OR A RECAP

OF GENESIS ONE.

BUT.... CHAPTER 2 JUST GIVES US MORE DETAILS OF
CHAPTER ONE .flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

Oh sweet morningsong my friend then how do you explain this verse?

Genesis 6:4
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 02/18/09 03:28 PM
Usually if it didn't work out once ....the odds are against it working out a second time but there have been some exceptions to the rule.

I guess it depends on what you are willing to put up with and how bad it was originally.

These questions need to be answered before an attempt for sure.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:59 PM
ok

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:55 PM

I will never pretend to have all the answers but maybe this will help???

somethings you can find answers to. but do you know the greek myth about PYGMALION? that is what i can compare it to i guess

huh

Hey yellowrose how you been girl? Long time no see...

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to say....

The Pygmalion effect requires a student to internalize the expectations of their superiors. It is a form of self-fulfilling prophecy, and in this respect, students with poor expectations internalize their negative label, and those with positive labels succeed accordingly. Within sociology, the effect is often cited with regards to education and social class.

I had to look up pygmalion....

I don't know all the answers either by far. I am just saying what I believe to be true is all.

morningsong could very well be correct about this but it is not what I believe.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:38 PM

1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were FINISHED. 2 And on the seventh day God ENDED His work which He HAD DONE , and He RESTED on the seventh day from ALL HIS WORK which HE HAD DONE . 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He RESTED from ALL HIS WORK which God HAD CREATED AND MADE .

IAMGEORGIAGIRL....flowerforyou

GENEIS CHAPTER 2 VERSE 4 BEGINS WITH THESE WORDS:

" THIS IS A HISTORY....."

"THIS IS A HISTORY".... IS GIVING

A RECAP OF WHAT GOD HAS

ALREADY CREATED......

GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY.

THAT MEANS WHEN GOD RESTED...

HIS WORK WAS DONE!!!

FINSHED !!! FINITO!!!:wink:

SO IF GOD RESTED, BECAUSE HIS WORK WAS DONE ....

THEN IT IS OBVIOUS THAT GOD IS

NOT NOT NOT GOING TO ARISE FROM

HIS REST NOW.....

AND GO BACK TO WORK.....

AND DECIDE TO NOW MAKE MAN ON THE EIGHTH DAY !!!

SO NO....

GOD DID NOT ARISE FROM HIS REST......

AND MAKE MAN IN THE FLESH ON THE EIGHT DAY ....

AS YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE, IAMGEORGIAGIRL.

THAT'S NOT WHAT SCRIPTURE IS SAYING AT ALL, PRECIOUS.
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Who says God can only work 7 days and stop and never work or create again? No one. I still think it is a continuation...sorry

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:56 PM

So now you're saying that the Bible isn't the "Word of God"? Pretty sure God wouldn't appreciate that. :laughing:

The so-called "WORD OF GOD" was written by a MAN so im not taking it all as GODS word............I think religion is a form of control and it has been used this way to intimidated and cause fear to the believers..................

Yes it was writteen by man but it is so full of truths it just can't be ignored.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:36 PM
I think a lot of religions are a form of control too. But I have practically copied and pasted almost all of the first 2 chapters of Genesis here already. On the 6th day all of mankind was created which includes all races.

They were made into flesh after God had rested on the sabbath day.

The bible says this not me....

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:09 PM
It clearly states in Genesis 2 that creation had been finished and the plant of the field and herb had not grown because he had not caused it to rain yet...then after he made it rain he realized he needed to make flesh man to till the ground...just like I said before it is a continuation not a reinteration. Read it again....All souls were created and witnessed the fall of Satan we were chosen before the foundations of the earth the elect who serve God were chosen before the foundations of the earth and were there to sing praises to him at the creation of the earth. It is documented in the scriptures...

Ephisians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1:5 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Read it again....

Genesis 2 KJV

1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
4 This is the history[a] of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, 5 before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; 6 but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

I am pretty sure this is not a reinteration but a continuation.

I am not sure how spirits multiply but they do documented about the Nephilim

Genesis 6:4
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

Who are these beings? A clue to their identity is found in their name--Nephilim. The word itself is Hebrew, and it is first used in Genesis 6:4.

There were giants in the earth in those days: and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Nephilim is translated "giants" in the Authorized King James Version.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Tue 02/17/09 08:57 PM
Morningsong,

It was just a cut and paste to try and document some of what I was saying...I disagree that Genesis 2 is a recount of Genesis 1 but I will not say you are wrong. After all...what do I know?

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/15/09 10:21 PM

It just seems you reject God... and that is your perogative... and I know you feel you are justified in your reasons for doing so; so I'll still love you no matter what!

:wink: :heart: :wink:

This is where you misunderstand.

I don't reject "God" at all. On the contrary I've always been in very good standing with God.

All I'm saying is that the Bible is so ungodly and totally not divine, that it coudln't possibly have been the thoughts and suggestions of the creator of this universe.

I think the slave verses are a testament to that in themselves.

The book was clearly written by men, not by any God.

That's not rejecting God, it's rejecting the writings of men who claim to be speaking for God.

I denounce the Bible as the blaspheme of men. It's clearly not the word of any God.

When I point out how despicable God would need to be in order for the Bible to be true, I'm not passing judgment on God. What I'm doing is pointing out why the Bible can't be the word of God.

In other words, I don't believe that God is despicable.

Therefore I reject the Bible as being ungodly and clearly not the word of any God.

Ooops sorry...it's the bible not God that you reject...the writings of men. Not God.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/15/09 09:30 PM
Sorry for the long copy and paste but I thought Jeanniebean or someone might be interested...

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/15/09 09:28 PM
According to the Holy Scriptures, the angels, human beings, and all nature were created by God. With the words, "In the beginning God created Heaven and earth" (Gen. 1:1), we have the first indication that God created the spiritual world. Here, in contrast to earth, a substantial world, this world of spirits is called Heaven. The angels were already present during the creation of the starry skies, which is evidenced by the words of God spoken to Job, "When the stars were created, all My angels sang praises to Me" (Job 38:7).

On the creation of the angels, Saint Gregory the Theologian expresses the following thoughts: "Since for the goodness of God it was not sufficient to be occupied only with the contemplation of Himself, but it was needful that good should extend further and further, so that the number of those who have received grace might be as many as possible (because this is characteristic of the highest Goodness) — therefore, God devised first of all the angelic heavenly powers; and the thought became deed, which was fulfilled by the Word, and perfected by the Spirit … And inasmuch as the first creatures were pleasing to Him, He devised another world, material and visible, the orderly composition of heaven and earth, and that which is between them."

Angel in Greek means messenger. This word denotes mainly their relationship to man. They, as our elder brothers, reveal to us the will of God and assist us in reaching salvation. Man, from the beginning of his state in paradise, knew of the existence of the angels. This fact is reflected in many ancient religions.

It is difficult for us to comprehend the life of the angels and the world in which they live because they are so different from us. It is known that the angels serve God, carry out His will, and glorify Him. Belonging to the spiritual world, they are usually invisible to us. "When angels, through the will of God, appear to those who are worthy, then they appear not as they are themselves, but in a transformed state, in one that is visible" — explains the blessed John Damascene. In the well-known book of Tobit (Old Testament), the angel who was accompanying Tobit and his son says of himself:"All these days I was visible to you, but I did not eat or drink, and only by your eyes was this imagined" (Tobit 12:19). "Actually," according to John Damascene, "angels are called spiritual and incorporeal only in comparison with us. For in comparison with God all proves to be gross and material. For only the Divinity is truly immaterial and incorporeal."

Angels surpass man in all spiritual strength. However, even they, as created beings, bear in themselves the seal of limitation. Being fleshless, they are less dependent than men on space and time. However, only God is omnipotent and omniscient. The Holy Scriptures represent angels either descending from heaven to earth or ascending back to heaven. Angels are created immortal, as is witnessed by the Scriptures, teaching that they cannot die (Luke 20:36). Nevertheless, their immortality is not a property of their nature, nor is it unconditional, but, just as the immortality of our soul, it depends wholly upon God's will and mercy.

Angels, as fleshless spirits, are capable of inward self-development to the highest degree. Their intellect is higher than that of man. By their might and power, as the Apostle Peter explains, they surpass all earthly authorities and governments (2 Peter 2:11). Nevertheless, even their exalted attributes have their limits. Scriptures indicate that they do not know the depth of the Essence of God, which is known only to the Spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:11 They do not know the future, which is also known only to God (Mark 13:32). Likewise, they do not wholly comprehend the mysteries of redemption into which they wish to penetrate (1 Peter 1:12). They even do not know all of man's thoughts (3 Kings 8:39 [Note: 3 Kings in the Slavonic Bible = 1 Kings KJV]). Finally, they cannot on their own perform miracles without the will of God.

The world of the angels is represented in the Sacred Scriptures as being extraordinarily vast. When the prophet Daniel saw God the Father in the form of the "Ancient of Days," he also saw that "A thousand thousands ministered to Him; and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him" (Daniel 7:10). During the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem "a multitude of the heavenly host" extolled His coming to earth (Luke 2:13).

Saint Cyril of Jerusalem says the following: "Imagine how numerous is the Roman population; imagine how numerous are other barbarian tribes existing today, and how many of them have died during one hundred years; imagine how many have been buried during a thousand years; imagine all the people, beginning with Adam, to the present day; there is a great multitude of them. But it is yet small in comparison with the angels, of which there are many more! They are the ninety and nine sheep of the parable, but mankind is only one sheep. For according to the extent of universal space, we must reckon the number of its inhabitants. The whole earth inhabited by us is like a point in the midst of heaven and yet contains so great a multitude; what a multitude must the heaven which encircles it contain! And must not the heaven of heavens contain unimaginable numbers? If it is written that `a thousand thousands ministered to Him; and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him,' it is only because the prophet could not express a greater number."

In view of such a multitude of angels, it is natural to suppose that in the world of angels, just as in the material world, there are various degrees of perfection and, therefore, various stages or hierarchical degrees of the heavenly powers. Thus, the word of God calls some Angels and some Archangels (1 Thess. 4:16; Jude verse 9).

The Orthodox Church, guided by the views of the ancient writers of the Church and Church Fathers, divides the world of the angels into nine choirs or ranks, and these nine into three hierarchies, each hierarchy having three ranks. The first hierarchy consists of those spirits who are closest to God, namely, the Thrones, Cherubim and Seraphim. Within the second, the middle hierarchy, are the Authorities, Dominions and Powers. In the third, which is closer to us, are the Angels, Archangels and Principalities. Thus, the existence of the Angels and Archangels is witnessed by almost every page in the Holy Scriptures. The books of the prophets mention the Cherubim and Seraphim. Cherubim means to be near; hence it means the near ones; Seraphim means fiery, or filled with fire. The names of the other angelic ranks are mentioned by the Apostle Paul in his epistle to the Ephesians, saying that Christ is in the heavens "far above any Principality, and Authority, and Power, and Dominion" (Ephesians 1:21).

Besides these angelic ranks, Saint Paul teaches in his epistles to the Colossians that the Son of God created everything visible and invisible,"Thrones, Dominions, or Principalities, or Powers" (Colossians 1:16). Consequently, when we join the Thrones to those four about which the Apostle speaks to the Ephesians, that is, the Principalities, Authorities, Powers and Dominions, there are five ranks; and when to these we add Angels, Archangels, Cherubim and Seraphim, then there are nine angelic ranks.

In addition, some Church Fathers expressed the opinion that dividing the angels into nine choirs touched only upon those names that are revealed by the word of God but in no way encompasses other names and choirs of angels that have not been as yet revealed to us. For example, the Apostle John the Theologian mentions in the book of Revelation mysterious creatures and the seven spirits by the throne of God: "Grace be to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is coming, and from the seven spirits who are before His throne" (Apocalypse 1:4). The Apostle Paul in his epistle to the Ephesians writes that Christ resides in heaven far above the enumerated angels and "every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come" (1:21). Thus he hints that in Heaven there are other spiritual creatures whose names are yet not revealed to mankind.

In the Holy Scriptures, some angels are called by their own names. For example, the prophet Daniel, the Apostle Jude, and the book of Revelation mention the archangel Michael (Joshua 5:13; Daniel 10:13 and 12:1; Jude verse 9; Revelation 12:7-8). The name Michael in Hebrew means Who is like God? In the Scriptures he is mentioned as the army of God and is depicted as the main fighter against the devil and his servants. Usually he is painted with a flaming sword in hand. The name Gabriel means strength of God. Both the prophet Daniel and the evangelist Luke mention Gabriel (Daniel 8:16, 9:21; Luke 1:19-26). In the Scriptures he is represented as the messenger of God's mysteries. In icons he is painted with a lily in his hand. The Scriptures mention by name three more angels: Raphael — Assistance of God, Uriel — Flame of God, and Salathiel — Prayer book to God (Tobit 3:16 and 12:12-15; 3 Esdras 4:1 and 5:20; 3 Esdras 5:16 [Note: 3 Esdras in the Slavonic Bible = 2 Esdras KJV, or 4 Esdras in Vulgate Appendix]).

What are the tasks of the beings of the spiritual world? Evidently they are designated by God to be the most perfect reflections of His greatness and glory, with inseparable participation in His blessedness. If of the visible heavens it is said, "the heavens proclaim the glory of God," then all the more is this the aim of the spiritual heavens. The prophet Isaiah was honored to see "the Lord sitting on the high extolled throne, the hems of His vestments filling the whole temple. Surrounding Him were the Seraphim, each having six wings; with two they covered His face, with two they covered His feet, and they flew with the other two. And they called to each other and said: Holy, Holy, Holy, the Lord Sabaoth! The whole world is filled with His Glory'" (Isaiah 6:1-4; Ezekiel ch. 10).

The Fallen Angels

Originally God created all angels as benevolent celestial beings. Nevertheless they, like humans, were endowed with a free will and could chose either to obey or oppose God, to opt between good and evil. Some of the angels, headed by Lucifer, one of the closest to God, misused that freedom and rebelled against God. They were expelled from heaven and established their own kingdom — hell. Lucifer, which means bearer of light, was later renamed Satan, which means antagonist. He is also called the devil (which means slanderer), the serpent, and the dragon. The words of the Savior, "I saw Satan, fallen from heaven as a bolt of lightning," refer to this prehistoric event, the rebellion by Lucifer and other angels against God. This is described in the book of Revelation with the following details: "There occurred a war in the heavens. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought against them. However they did not prevail, and there was no room for them in heaven. The great dragon was cast down, that ancient snake, known as devil and satan … and his angels were also cast down with him" (Revelation 12:7-9). From the initial words of chapter 12 of the book of Revelation, where it is said that the dragon drew after him one third of the stars in heaven (Revelation 12:4), some conclude that at that time Lucifer seduced one third of the angels. These fallen angels are called demons.

Having become malevolent, the fallen angels try to push men to the path of sin and thus to their damnation. Oddly, the fallen angels themselves fear the kingdom they have created — hell or the abyss. Indeed, when the Savior, healing a person possessed by demons, wanted to send them back to their abyss, they begged Him to allow them instead to enter swine (Luke 8:31). The Savior calls the devil "murderer from the beginning and the father of lies," having in mind that moment in which, taking the form of a snake, he deceived our forbears Adam and Eve to break the commandment of God and by doing so deprived them of everlasting life (Genesis 3:1-6; John 8:44).From that moment on, having the opportunity to influence the thoughts, feelings and acts of man, the devil and his demons endeavor to pitch him deeper and deeper into the mire of sin, into which they themselves have sunk: "He who sins is from the devil, because the devil himself sinned first … Anyone who commits sin is a slave of sin" (1 John 3:8; John 8:34). The presence of evil spirits among us presents a constant danger. That is why the Apostle Peter extols us: "Be sober and watchful, for your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, goes about seeking someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8). The Apostle Paul expresses the same thoughts on discretion, saying, "Put on the armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities and the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness on high" (Ephesians 6:11-12).

From these warnings of the Holy Scriptures, we should remind ourselves that our life is pervaded by a persistent battle for the salvation of our souls. Whether one wants it or not, every human being, from early childhood, is drawn into the battle of choosing between good and evil, between the will of God and the will of demons. The battle between good and evil began even before the creation of the world and will continue until the day of the final Judgment. Actually the battle in heaven is finished, with the complete defeat of evil. Now the site of the battle has been transferred into the world, more precisely into our minds and hearts. As we shall see, the good angels, and in particular our Guardian Angels, actively help us in our battle against evil.

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/15/09 06:11 PM

Yeh, like Gene Wilder used electricity in "Young Frankenstein"

'ITS ALIVE! ALIVE! ALIVE!'

iamgeorgiagirl's photo
Sun 02/15/09 06:09 PM
Hence in summary what I am trying to say here is that all mankind and creatures of the earth were created by the 6th day and then a few thousand years later God decided he needed flesh man to till the ground so then ....

5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25