Community > Posts By > 42BlackBBW

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 05:27 AM

Not so long ago, I attended the wedding of one of my oldest friends. Hands down, it was one of the best weddings that I have ever attended.

The couple (both in their mid/late 50's) looked great, the venue was fantastic, the food was good, the reception was so good, I sang myself hoarse and danced myself sober. It was great - fantastically tasteful and a real blending of two completely different people and mentalities.

Watching my friend walk down the isle made me really evaluate my views on marriage - I have my opinions about not being an older bride but I found that I am not as against it as I first thought.

What are your views on being an older bride/groom?

waving Good morning BBW!...Awesome OP from an awesome woman!flowerforyou ....As an older woman, I "naturally" have opinions about not being a bride again....I love what you describe as a beautiful wedding celebration by two people in love...One of the main reasons couples my age don't get married is because the federal government punishes us by reducing the social security benefits we worked a lifetime to earn...Even so, if it was something I felt would enhance the relationship, I would not hesitate....Today, marriage means different things to different people and can even mean something different to the two people contemplating tying the knot....I tend to keep an open mind to marrying again and will let my relationship dictate how "we" choose to express our commitment to each other....

Good morning Leigh waving you are an equally awesome lady.

Your "Masturbate, masturbate, masturbate" from the other day, had me in stitches offtopic

TBH, I hadn't thought about the government 'punishment' side of older marriage which would definitely give me food for thought...

You are absolutely right, marriage does mean different things to different people and views on marriage and the reasons for getting married later can sometimes change with age.

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 04:27 AM

Theres nothing wrong with older marriages

I didn't say that was something wrong with older marriages.

The post isn't about being pro or anti marriage, it was about a change of opinion for me. Changing from something that I felt strongly about to being on the fence with.

If I am fortunate enough to meet another soul mate, I'm in the maybe camp instead of the definitely no camp.

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 04:15 AM
Not so long ago, I attended the wedding of one of my oldest friends. Hands down, it was one of the best weddings that I have ever attended.

The couple (both in their mid/late 50's) looked great, the venue was fantastic, the food was good, the reception was so good, I sang myself hoarse and danced myself sober. It was great - fantastically tasteful and a real blending of two completely different people and mentalities.

Watching my friend walk down the isle made me really evaluate my views on marriage - I have my opinions about not being an older bride but I found that I am not as against it as I first thought.

What are your views on being an older bride/groom?

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 03:51 AM

Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

I knew it was a song title/lyric but had to look up who sang it laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 03:42 AM

People that steal someone else's picture who then try to convince me that they're from a city that doesn't even exist in a country that you were born in...that really, really annoys me explode mad explode

yeah, i had one a few days ago saying Edinburgh, England, when if you lived here you would know that it is in fact in Scotland. i mean if your gonna try and scam, at least do your homework.

Exactly. If they're going to do something like that, the least they can do a little research. Deceitful and lazy, that's just so out of order laugh laugh

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 03:30 AM
People that steal someone else's picture who then try to convince me that they're from a city that doesn't even exist in a country that you were born in...that really, really annoys me explode mad explode

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 02:58 AM
Why do you say that?

My truth is that soul mates aren't gender specific so can be same sex or opposite gender IMO

no photo
Sat 06/14/14 02:41 AM
Honestly...IMO it's because I have a no sex until I know him better rule.

no photo
Thu 06/12/14 10:55 AM

"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact" Quote (Fight Club)
I adore that quote 42. and the movie.

Thank you k, that film and quote is definitely in my top 50

no photo
Thu 06/12/14 10:53 AM

Keeps things interesting, don't you think?

No,�� it does not. Good conversation, getting to know each other, s*x and the list goes on, keeps things interesting.

Controversy drains the well...

If everyone thought the same, wouldn't it be rather boring?
[/quote

If everyone thought the same...I'd be calling that a miracle and looking up to see if frogs were falling from the ground. Either way, definitely not boring :smile:

no photo
Thu 06/12/14 10:36 AM

In the dating world, I think hello has more than one meaning.

That's why I think it is over used. I'm always in favour of the straight forward approach over the ambiguity that hello has become.

I remember when the word hello was a real panty dropper, but now people get mad because you take time to speak to them..

It's easier if you just get cards printed up that say "get your coat luv, you've pulled" laugh

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 12:39 PM
In the dating world, I think hello has more than one meaning.

That's why I think it is over used. I'm always in favour of the straight forward approach over the ambiguity that hello has become.

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 11:45 AM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Wed 06/11/14 11:46 AM
Low self esteem always has you thinking that it i��s ��you�� and not them�.

If they passed on you, it i��s their loss, not yours!!

no photo
Wed 06/11/14 11:17 AM
Despite being gutted at the time, you both did me a enormous favour.

The longterm for keeping true to yourself and the short term for walking sooner rather than later. Thank you both

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 12:32 PM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Mon 06/09/14 12:34 PM

Keeps things interesting, don't you think?

No,�� it does not. Good conversation, getting to know each other, s*x and the list goes on, keeps things interesting.

Controversy drains the well...

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 11:32 AM
"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact" Quote (Fight Club)

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 11:15 AM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Mon 06/09/14 11:17 AM
I met someone yesterday who sent me a fake photo. Guess what? I'm not seeing him again.

My philosophy is that if he can life about something so insignificant (and obvious) such as his age, height, appearance etc what else can he so easily lie about...not something to build a foundation on.

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 09:34 AM
We barely got started but I miss you like mad!!!

no photo
Mon 06/09/14 09:28 AM
My acts of kindness are not random; being courteous is just how I was brought up.

However in saying that, I am always appreciative when doors are open for me or when a man lets me precede him.

no photo
Sat 12/08/12 04:47 PM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Sat 12/08/12 04:51 PM

Nope. I would call HIM names but not you.

The onus is totally on HIM to stick to the vows he committed himself to and if he wasn’t cheating with her with you he’d be cheating on her with someone else.

IM curious though, because I logically understand this pov

that it is only ONE persons obligation to be honest in their commitment

if you had a business partner, who came in and robbed the business one day with an accomplice

would the same values still hold,,? That only the actual PARTNER had any obligation to you and the business? or wouldnt the other robber be equally 'guilty' of wrong doing,,,, even though they had no agreement with you?

not a judgment, just a thought

when you KNOWINGLY assist someone in cheating,,,you hold equal responsibility in my eyes,,,

I understand the point you’re making but in my mind, it’s not the same thing. Theft is against the law in most countries, adultery isn’t (in some countries) although I do agree that both parties are/would be equally responsible.

I’m not accepting of nor do I condone adultery but if a married man chooses to pursue a single woman, in my mind he is ultimately in the wrong. It’s not up to the single woman to remind him of his marital status. She hasn’t made a commitment to his wife, he has and it’s up to him to honour it. However, if a single woman chooses to pursue a married man, then she is in the wrong. It’s about who makes the approach.

IMO, you can’t force someone to uphold what is essentially a moral obligation. If two people share the same moral compass, then all well and good but if they don’t then....

The only people that I can legitimately impose my moral beliefs on are my children and only up until they reach certain age.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25