Community > Posts By > FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 10:19 AM

...But for years on end i was mistreated by almost everyone I had ever know...

I'm reminded of a joke (Ron White) about when it's everyone else treating you a particular way - it's actually you making the mistakes, not all these other people being wrong.

I don't mean to make light of your situation, but sometimes we have to look within when it appears to be everyone else. You may even be setting yourself up to be the victim over and over. Or maybe you're just hanging out will all the wrong people, but a change has to come from somewhere when everyone around you is mistreating you, for whatever reason. I also think many of us feel that way from time to time.

I can't speak on the wonderfulness of Mingle2 and its patrons, but seems to be a decent bunch overall and maybe a good place to meet new faces. But first I'd look for true happiness within, then others will likely want to get in on all the happiness you carry inside. I know no other way.

All the very best, VinylVendetta!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 02:11 AM
I'm sure I'll "work" till I drop, or close to it! But that's easy when that "work" is an obsession and something you deeply love. If anyone else can slip into something like this, I sure recommend it! I don't hold much hope for SSA!

It sure is hard not to mention "the good ol' days" when speaking on most subjects. Funny thing is, most younger folks I speak with agree that "we" experienced a golden era and even bring the subject up first!

The explosion of music, the spirit of fellowship in youth, the movies, the books, the social awareness, the sex, even the craftsmanship, and work ethic - are all often lamented by younger hearts and minds.

From the end of WWII until... disco, it was a GOLDEN ERA to most!

Or so I type, in front of a HD plasma screen in 3D, listening to satellite radio from Japan, and composing orchestral film music with friends in Finland and The Netherlands on a 8gb quad-core computer with twin rendering slaves.

Ah yes, the "good ol' days"! :wink: But they really were so golden!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:42 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about, 5x10 - but that sure was funny! biggrin

Thanks!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:38 AM
Are we supposed to keep counting the years? I'm afraid I gave up counting years ago, and even when I do peek at the number - it never feels quite right anyway! Then it's kind of a surprise when you find out what the new number is each year! How exciting!!!

Growing old is no better treat than growing up! I refuse either idea as both impractical and pointless. But I wonder if this will change the day my son brings a new life into the world!? Time will tell...

It sucks getting old, but it beats the alternative.

FantayArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:28 AM
Anyone else feel they don't really belong in this group, even though their age clearly says differently?

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 10:58 PM
But I do hope your outlook gets brighter, Rpwolff!

Now tell me more about this band! Need keys or bass?

All the best!

FantaysArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 10:55 PM

... You're right, I need to grow a pair, wake up, and move on.

You make it all sound so easy! Maybe a goal for many of us! Good to know they can grow back! Whew!

And the crushed heart ripped from your soul - fugetaboutit!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 10:44 PM
4shley, I think there are plenty of people out there with similar problems. It's just harder to meet people these days, for many of us. Some have work at home type jobs and with e-communications, e-file transfers, global clients, etc. there's even less personal interaction required or possible sometimes. Or that's what I hear.

Otherwise you can meet interesting people at markets, shops, clubs, restaurants, etc. - and I'd say it helps to have an open heart and mind. A smile and a joke can do wonders to break the ice!

I also like the idea of social clubs and such - you might be surprised how many varied social and special interest groups there may be in your area! (I was when I looked recently!)

Just some thoughts. All the best!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 08:33 PM
Vivian2981 - just had to comment that profile pic - you look great, but what an unusual background for that pic - GlamourShots?

Hehe, take care!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 08:28 PM
PS3 WAS where it was at. Xbox now rulez! happy

Never heard of BLAZIN 27s!? Anything like Mass Effect? laugh

Keep those thumbs busy!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 08:23 PM
I don't know much about Katy, but there is lots to do in the general west side area - all depends on what you find fun!

Lasertag and go-karts at Track21, comedy at LaffSpot, arcade, putt-putt and more at Mountasia, clubs with live music and fine restaurants all over, paintball if you're interested, and Bear Creek Park for kites, frisbee, boomerangs, football and golf. Just a sampling.

But also don't avoid going a little further into town - a little of everything on the west side (and northwest side too) of Houston.

That Houston Press suggestion is good for more in-town spots.

Hope you new transplants find the fun you seek! Take care.

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 08:11 PM
Hello SamanthaCarol, et al!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 08:07 PM
Sam Houston once punched a hole in the side of a cow, just to see who was coming down the road! Little known Texas history fact.

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 08:02 PM
Far west side here. Copperfield, Bear Creek, Cypress, near Katy. Isn't that exciting info!?!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 06:01 PM
After coming out of a 32 year marriage of faithfulness on my part, I simply don't do the asking, just yet.

I realize this is not the norm, but my confidence in this area is a bit too bruised to be so bold, right now. Luckily I've found a few ladies bold enough to take the lead. Hopefully in time I'll get my asking mojo back, but it's been quite a while for such approaches.

Thank goodness for eyes and smiles!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 05:54 PM
Simply with sincere words and the look in my eyes that reveals my heart and soul. More than yesterday, and less than tomorrow.

I also think it's nice to give specific reasons why you love your partner so very much! Words can only say so much - the rest may lay in your daily actions and responses to life's travails together.

But simple words in sincerity are a good start.

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 05:47 PM
Definitely a duck - glad you didn't step in it!

Sorry, mixed punchline - but still true! Life's too short for such games!

All the best!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 05:44 PM
I always say ignore peer pressure and just be your own unique person - free from the will of others, as much as you can. Too many lemmings out there anyway! Be bold and blaze your own trail, even if it's a trail of calm and quiet originality.

On the other hand, sometimes others have interesting POVs to consider for personal growth and the overall adventure that is life. You'll know the true path deep within your soul - search it regularly.

All the best!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 05:33 PM
I thought it WAS true love! I thought it would last forever! I never dreamed the true love was only going out and not coming back my way, only a mask that looked like love! And now I don't think I can give it all again. Maybe time will tell, but I suspect I've lost a serious part of my soul that I can't recover - a loss of innocence, and I guess a bit of lingering naivety too.

So live and learn, but be weary of giving it all away, because there's a good chance it won't all come back.

But, who knows!? One of life's great mysteries! Or maybe just a beautiful illusion...

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Sun 07/31/11 05:15 PM
Nothing much for me, yet! Too many looking for the perfect prince, not enough dreamers looking beyond the typical.

But, hope springs eternal!

FantasyArtMan