Community > Posts By > FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 05:24 PM

Vivian2981 - just had to comment that profile pic - you look great, but what an unusual background for that pic - GlamourShots?

Hehe, take care!

FantasyArtMan

No comment on the fake fish?

:angry: it's not fake!
that's not what you told me whoa

Another of Vivian's record "catches"!!

Haha, sorry I didn't see that fak... er, the fish!

My li'l sister tries to fish, but she's a bit too easy with those handsome fishermens! Last week she went out on fish with 10 guys, only girl - all she came back with was a big red snapper!

I don't know - these kids today...

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 05:05 PM
Love needs to come first for me. Even as a hot rocking musician I was never very comfy with the whole groupie scene. Sex, yes no shortage of that, but where is the depth, the sharing of souls, and that feeling of wanting to share the inner spirit of your partner?

Sex by itself is little more than an exercise in mechanics, for me. I need a deeper connection! I'd actually give up a little sex for a deeper, more meaningful connection to the right person.

I have no answers and don't fit your requested age group anyway, but I'd say there is no easy answer for situation. The search for that special someone can be a lifelong journey. Some say there more to be found in the journey than the goal. But this may be one area where that old adage falls short.

Good luck!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 04:50 PM
Hello fellow creatives! Good to find others expressing their hearts and soul through the arts!

Compose any art from the pain of your lost love, or never found love? Sad as it is, can be a great motivator to creativity - if it doesn't kill ya first! Ouch!

Hope everyone finds their true love, muse, and best friend!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 04:44 PM
Sorry to hear of your pain! it sure is a tough world sometimes!

I have no real answers, but having passions like art and music to dive into sure helps save my sanity! I honestly have no idea how I could survive without these... distractions/passions/old friends.

If you have any hobbies, passions, desires, or dreams maybe this is a good time to explore those possibilities! Couldn't hurt and you may discover a whole new you, or at least get a little further down the road to inner peace and personal growth. It's the only thing I know...

Best of luck, one and all!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 04:38 PM
I feel your pain, man!

And I think Andy hit the nail on the head - one of the hardest events of your life - moving on!

I have no answers as I'm stumbling through this scene as well. All I can think is to look for the better days on the horizon.

Like the old indian saying goes - "Pray to any god you like, but swim toward the shore!"

All the best!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 04:25 PM
Decent AND Honest!?

Slow down now and take this one step at a time! Next you'll be asking for the moon and the stars!

I think most ladies are actually looking for honest, decent, faithful, good-looking, financially comfortable, stable men with similar tastes, interests, religion, backgrounds, and future plans - and THAT'S a lot harder to find than simply honest and decent.

I wonder if some of the these good guys might be a little less aggressive and therefore may not even be aware of such dating sites, or too shy to shout out to the world of their virtues. And of course many are found-out early in the game and been snatched up by the decent and honest women of the day.

But for those few remaining stragglers out there - time to let the world know who you are!

All the best!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear of her passing.

But seriously, this has to be the least surprising death of the decade! Her total disregard for EVERYONE'S calls for caution year after year made her a poster child for what not to do! So ironic her death was likely caused by sudden sobriety - moderation in all things...

Her "heroin-chic" lifestyle turned my stomach, but I did find a wonderful song by her a year or so back that really changed my mind about her true talent.

I do hope she finally found peace.

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 03:52 PM

I love the smell of BBQ in the morning!

Haha! Love it!

Why I like Texas - it's not Mexico... yet.

But seriously, Texas has so much to offer - beaches, desert, hill country, forests, plains, good strong people with big attitudes, great museums, parks and zoos, and used to have a space program.

I've been all over the US, Canada and Mexico, and Texas is a golden oasis in the heart of the US - maybe not perfect, but damned close! (are we still seceding?)

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 03:42 PM

waving just read your from Houston.

Are you talking to me? Are you talking to ME? (hope so!)

I'm guessing you're from the SW side of Houston, maybe near Berryhill?

Psychic!!! That'll be $10 please. :smile:

All the best!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 03:37 PM
:smile: CarolD

Hope it works out for ya! Nudge, BTW! :smile:

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 03:26 PM

Impressed, I take it!happy

I'm impressed! Looks great!

"Wouldn't you like to fly in my beautiful bal-looon!"

Nice work!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 02:24 PM

Progressive anything. I like elements of classical music in my rock. Thrice, Tool, Opeth, etc.

I'll go with that!

Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, FM, PFM, ELP, UK, (running out of abrevs!), Camel, Gryphon, Nektar, Ant Phillips, Steve Hackett..

But then also into jazzier explorations like Brand X, LTE, RTF, Bruford, Steve Hillage, Jerry Goodman, Eric Johnson...

Or more electronic like Jean Michel Jarre, Yello, Space Art, Phillip Glass, Eno, Mike Oldfield, Group 87, T-Dream, Vangelis, Tomita, Synergy...

Or how about new wavish, like Ultravox, Devo, Telex, Sousxie, Lena Lovich, YMO, Missing Persons, ODW, Logic Systems...

Or more new agey, like Andreas Vollenweider, Kitaro, Hiroshima, Steve Kajula, David Arkenstone...

So much good music, so little time to hear it all!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:57 PM
I have met a few of the ladies I've connected with online, and developed wonderful friendships with them as well. I realize I'm a hard shoe to fit, so if all doesn't align just right we can still be good friends.

No one from this site yet, but if the cards fell into place I'd certainly like to meet up when the time was right. When is the time right? I have no idea, but we'll both know when it happens. :smile:

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:49 PM
I recently listened to Faith No More's version of "War Pigs" and it rocked my socks off! Yes, I like it better than the original (blasphemy, I know, but there it is!)

Teaching my son to play "Crazy Train" gave me a lot more respect for Randy Rhoads - what a loss!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:42 PM

Mike Bordin...Phil Collins...Mike Portnoy...

Good ones!!!

For me, Phil Collins was the greatest drum composer of all time! His compositional style on Genesis' Selling England album is unsurpassed in my eyes!

Bill Bruford for taking drums to places they had never been before.

Martin Deller of Canadian prog band FM I could listen to all day!

Terry Bozzio sends me everytime I hear him - he's got style out the butt, bob!

Andy Ward of Camel is so smooth, rich and flowing.

Mike Portnoy annoys the hell outta me with his sputtering kick drum, but I still dig him when he plays a bit straighter - killer in LTE!

John Bonham was a rock solid force of simplicity and style. Hard to beat!

Am I really going to mention Neil Peart after years of slamming him for being the ultimate copycat/high school trick shot drummer - yes, I guess he's graduated up to the big leagues.

There's a lot to be said for Alex van Halen! He does have some impressive rock chops!

John Weathers of Gentle Giant is quietly magnificent!

See also, Franz Di Cioccio of PFM, Carl Palmer of ELP, Pim Koopman of Kayak, and Jason Bonham is doing some fine, solid work too!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:21 PM
How do you define Electronica? There are so many forms and styles that might fit into this heading.

I've spent a great deal of my life (since the 70s) composing electronic music of various types (amoung other genres), but I was kinda shocked to find many do not consider my style of electronic music "electronica". Not that it matters to me, but I was surprised all the same.

So what (or who) do you consider electronica? Just curious.

All the best!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 01:13 PM
I find too many people in my age group have given up on life and have just become old farts! No sense of youthful spirit whatsoever! Oh they talk a good game, but really just want to fit into the old folks bin like others they see around them. And that's fine for them, but so far from where I'm coming from!

And to be honest, I can understand this POV if you've got a hoard of lovely grandkids running around, god bless 'em. But many of us still have some fire in our souls, and haven't been clubbed in the head by old age just yet!

Exchanging laughs with others online can be a lot of fun, but it's also a deadend if it's all you do over the course of a year or two. Surely there are similar young-hearted ladies out there - the problem now is finding them, or them finding you!

Keep rockin' everyone!

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 12:16 PM
First e-mail? I have no idea, but evidently not what I've been saying!

I've written to 5-6 ladies who made some indication of interest in me here, and very few reply and many of those that do with one or two word replies. I don't feel I've lost anything from people with so little to say, but the lack of replies does puzzle me a bit!

I generally make a playful (I think) comment about some aspect of the info in their profile - like a book, picture, or TV show, etc. You'd think they'd like to talk about such a thing, but nada.

Then again, maybe that's all the reply I need to know I'm on the wrong track. And maybe the same for them too! Who knows!?

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 12:03 PM

After coming out of a 32 year marriage of faithfulness on my part, I simply don't do the asking, just yet.

I realize this is not the norm, but my confidence in this area is a bit too bruised to be so bold, right now. Luckily I've found a few ladies bold enough to take the lead. Hopefully in time I'll get my asking mojo back, but it's been quite a while for such approaches.

Thank goodness for eyes and smiles!

FantasyArtMan

So you just wait, even if there is someone you're into?

Well I wouldn't say I wait for anything - I just go on about my life and hope the few kindred souls I meet along the way understand where I'm coming from and take the initiative. Less about "waiting" and more about being careful in the evidently treacherous waters at this point. There's a definite healing process after such a long relationship - there is for me, at least. I lost my manual for perfect resolution, so I'm just winging it as best I can.

I tend to say more with my eyes and smile than with my mouth (in person), and that seems to get me at least part-way to where I want to be. Hopefully the rest will come with a little healing time. I'm in no hurry anyway.

In my youth I was a semi-rockstar and that did a lot of the talking for me, so even in my golden days I wasn't a ball of aggressive fire in dating scenarios. And to say I'm out-of-practice now, is the understatement of the year! Guess I need to get those calluses on my heart now! Oh well, life goes on... :smile:

FantasyArtMan

FantasyArtMan's photo
Mon 08/01/11 11:43 AM

...My last posts kinda set me up as "a free ride" that's only because I was hurting. Not exactly fully restored yet...

But did you see how they did that? Just jump on and ride the thread, even if it derails the OP's subject! It's fun!!! :wink:

But seriously, good luck to you!

FantasyArtMan