Community > Posts By > kre8karma

kre8karma's photo
Sun 09/11/11 07:12 AM
'Zactly. A mutation is an alteration in the gene that in this case is expressed with a visible noticeable trait (6 eyes). Since it's in the genetic code of that organism, it can be passed down. This is why dog breeders (responsible ones) won't breed a dog with hip dysplasia or deafness associated with white coloration....because selective breeding can increase the probability of the mutation's trait / "abnormality" if you will, reappearing. But it can be harnessed as well-- the reason a plant hybridizer might intentionally collect seed from a giant ruffled petalled bright pink petunia or take a cutting from a seedless orange--to capture that mutation.

kre8karma's photo
Sun 09/11/11 06:52 AM

1971 MGB with chrome bumpers and a hardtop to go with the convertible top. Bought it at 100,000 miles back in the day when the odometer flipped on the drive home to 0, I felt like I had a new car. LOL.

happy
Now y'all got me all nostalgic for 1985 again. Bodywork needed.

Years ago I used to work for a guy who had 2 of those. I always thought of the circus when he was in it (he was 6'7" and about 350 pounds).
LOL. hope he kept the top down ! I am 5'0 and probably back then about 110 lbs soaking wet, so it fit me great. And in the winter, your feet were always warm because they were directly under the engine block.:smile:

I never actually saw him drive them. Probably because of the few times I saw him wedge himself in only to sit in either of them I thought I was going to have to use the tow truck to yank him out! Obviously he had the tops down. Otherwise it woulda looked like the scene at the beginning of The Flintstones where Dino sticks his head through the roof of the car at the drive-in......
LOL I know quite a few people who owned MG's but didn't actually drive them----those dual carburetors were kind of tough to keep balanced and running smoothly. But when they did, oooooh baby! I learned how to drive a manual/5 speed on mine and I think it had a racing clutch, so at first, I would drive it, but would have to re-start it at every stop sign. Loved that car. It changed my life.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 09/10/11 11:20 PM

1971 MGB with chrome bumpers and a hardtop to go with the convertible top. Bought it at 100,000 miles back in the day when the odometer flipped on the drive home to 0, I felt like I had a new car. LOL.

happy

Years ago I used to work for a guy who had 2 of those. I always thought of the circus when he was in it (he was 6'7" and about 350 pounds).
LOL. hope he kept the top down ! I am 5'0 and probably back then about 110 lbs soaking wet, so it fit me great. And in the winter, your feet were always warm because they were directly under the engine block.:smile:

kre8karma's photo
Sat 09/10/11 10:40 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Sat 09/10/11 11:07 PM

happy

kre8karma's photo
Fri 09/09/11 07:21 PM

actually Lex, parallel parking can take some talent

Right, but they don't have a Nobel Prize for that. Yet.

What about straight on parking in a parallel universe? :wink:

Only if the car is equipped with a Calabi-Yau manifold.

NOBODY is going to get that one!

touche. Sounds like an LF literary prop involving temporal origami if I had to guess.

Actually, it's a hypothetical explanation for the missing spatial dimensions required by m-theory.

String theory Again? (stifles yawn)

m-theory combines several versions of string theory.

And, as far as I'm concerned, true parking creativity would best be exemplified by vertical parking. Master THAT, and you can do a whole series of instructional DVDs.

Sigh. Point taken, I guess I'll keep my day job.

kre8karma's photo
Fri 09/09/11 07:13 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Fri 09/09/11 07:13 PM

touche. Sounds like an LF literary prop involving temporal origami if I had to guess.

Actually, it's a hypothetical explanation for the missing spatial dimensions required by m-theory.

String theory Again? (stifles yawn)

kre8karma's photo
Fri 09/09/11 07:07 PM

kre8karma's photo
Fri 09/09/11 07:04 PM

kre8karma's photo
Fri 08/26/11 08:15 PM

I loathe having to put up a picture of myself.
But there is a degree of honesty in doing that
that can be felt, I think.
And my expectation is that others will do the same.
Unless they have a reason not to.
Then I speculate.
Exactly !

kre8karma's photo
Fri 08/26/11 08:13 PM

You're a smart lady. London sounds really exciting for you too. I never regret falling in love. It teaches me that I am capable of wonderful feelings. Im grateful to all the men Ive loved even if it doesnt work out for whatever the reason.
I agree wholeheartedly. And you articulated it so well.flowerforyou

kre8karma's photo
Mon 08/22/11 08:35 PM

Have a large menis.

Is that a name you gave yours?

No, mine's Elvis.
Rumor has it there have been a lot of sightings recently.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/20/11 07:46 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Trying to think happy thoughts!!!!!
Yup. You thought I was bad.:tongue:

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/20/11 07:43 PM
Feldenkrais (aka Somatic Education). I'm not sure I can describe it well-google it for more info, but basically it teaches you to be aware of your movements and body postures that worsen pain. Many times we react to pain by moving in a different way to protect that area/prevent pain to that body part and thereby cause other problems or worsen the existing problems. If there is a class nearby, I recommend taking it. I was very skeptical going into it, but have to admit it helped quite a bit.
This may relate to what Motowndowntown was talking about. If the person he lived with made him feel defensive and stressed all the time, his body posture probably reflected that and caused health issues. I know for me, my pain was at its worst when I felt emotionally the lowest.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/20/11 02:29 PM

Hey! Watch that language sailor!!!!

hehehehe
OH golly! Sorry Krupa. I just can't help myself sometimes.blushing

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/20/11 08:06 AM

I have no idea. They do not answer my response. In fact they do not open the mail I send back to them.
Yeah,I've had that happen too..... what is UP with that? They don't open the email---that is jacked up.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/20/11 08:00 AM

I will give you my FAVORITE type of email. :-)

'Hi, please write me back with all your
information so I can see if I like you.'

I laugh and laugh :-)

My LEAST favorite is:

'I have seen your picture and
I know you are the ONE.'

First email.
Really.

I often get something like:

"Hi. Tell me about yourself."

When I ask them what they want to know, they say anything. When I ask them to be more specific, they say they don't know what to ask, or they ask the questions in the first email. So unoriginal.

This is a logistics conundrum.

The guy does not know what to ask, because he does not know what he does not know about you.

If he knew what to ask, he could only do that if he knew about you, and then why ask?

I understand that you are upset that they want you to do all the work, but you must understand that they are lazy, so you MUST show by example how not to be lazy.

I, on the other hand, if asked to tell them about myself, then their second or maximum third email will be, "please tell me less about yourself, or better still, nothing at all. I don't have time to read all your letters. In fact, silence and white pages are a virtue. Remember that."
Where's the goll-derned "Like" button on this confounded site? :thumbsup:

kre8karma's photo
Sun 08/14/11 08:19 PM
Wear a low cut blouse but insist that he make eye contact while you are talking to him. Oh yeah, and listen to what you are saying because it's very intellectual !

kre8karma's photo
Sun 08/14/11 07:44 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Sun 08/14/11 07:57 PM

That was my bike...97 Sporty. I rode it all the time...loved it...still do. There are alot of arses on the road but ya gotta be seen. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES! I took the Motorcycle Safety Course through A.B.A.T.E. and would recommend it to anyone wanting to start new or start again riding. I keep my endorsement on my license because I hope to have another bike at some point.

it's very hard to stay off once you have experienced the ride. it hurts when you go down, but something just keeps calling you to get back on. safety courses are a great way to start off
I took the Motorcycle Safety Course through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. It is awesome! I didn't pass it, but I'd recommend it to anyone.

kre8karma's photo
Sun 08/14/11 06:42 PM

When I lived in Michigan I loved to ride.

Now that I live in the Phoenix metro area in Arizona,

I don't want to become a statistic. It's the drivers

That scare me out here, so I won't ride out here.
Smart man!

kre8karma's photo
Sun 08/14/11 12:02 PM

sometimes by looking at the context of the post i can figure out what the poster is trying to say. yet i do interpret it by my own standards. there are those posts that could have several meanings. like the phrase don't stop. add a comma and it becomes; don't, stop. one meaning to continue, and the other to cease and desist. english can be a difficult language to learn. communication is indeed key drinker i have adopted the habit if not capitalizing. i also don't use a period at the end of the last sentence i post
And people here love you anyway....You are an exceptional human being. Bless you ! It seems obvious from your posts that you have a warmth and heart that others would do well to imitateflowerforyou

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 16 17