Community > Posts By > kre8karma

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 10:36 PM

I would like to give my 2 cents worth but it has gone up to 5. If you agree to these terms my friend I would be happy to chime in. Chimes cost more than regular advice these days.

I raised the issue in the first place because I wanted to get some feedback. So don't feel like you have to hold back....!
Lex: I truly believe your sincerity in that statement. I just have to give props to you for being receptive to all the comments. :smile:

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 09:56 PM
When the check comes, tell them you left your wallet at home.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 09:55 PM
Tell them their outfit makes their butt look big.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 07:44 PM

BTW, I changed my profile headline. The new one is longer, but more accurate, and slightly less ironic, probably.

I like it! Top marks for not specifying breast size.

Dammit, now I have to go back and add that.

Don't you dare, or I will personally come to Crown Point and kick your "But" (purposefully misspelled)

As I'm not a boob guy, the size is pretty much irrelevant. The eye makeup is the real deal-breaker.

laugh Well, it's important to know what your 5 dealbreakers are. I learned that on Millionaire Matchmaker the other night. :tongue: I've got to go work on my own list now. Sending positive vibes your way for a Crown Point cutie with lots of eye makeup, and no wish to have children to be headed your way SOON. I think the Nessie tape dispenser might just do it.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 06:08 PM

Ilene Meyer http://www.slideshare.net/shiloh325/art-of-ilene-meyer (especially #46 in this slideshow)

and Lois L. McDonald http://www.mbhonaker.com/mcdonald.html

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 04:51 PM

BTW, I changed my profile headline. The new one is longer, but more accurate, and slightly less ironic, probably.

Don't you dare, or I will personally come to Crown Point and kick your "But" (purposefully misspelled)

And the punctuation purposefully left out as well? :tongue:
Ouch. I get sloppy with my grammar and punctuation when I feel passionate about something.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 04:34 PM

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 04:08 PM

Now you are talking !
Hooray !

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 04:05 PM

Oh, that should do the tricklaugh laugh
Straight to the pointrofl rofl
Only if you get rid of the body shot profile pic, hot mama.rofl rofl

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 04:01 PM

I have never in my life opened up a bag of Ruffles. If i could buy them here i would go and buy a pack now so i can refer to myself as an artist.

There is definitely a knack to that. Fox is going to do a new reality show called "America's Got Ruffles," the whole point of which is to see who can open the bag the most artistically.

Sounds like the next big show to hit our televisions. I am really looking forward to "Britain's Got Pringles", and i think that "Germany's Got Bockwurst" should be subtitled for us English speakers.

There is always a chance Lex, that your Maths is correct, and you are just a little overdue for that contact with a truly genuine prospect. As unlikely as it might seem, it could happen at any moment in time. There is always a chance too that it might never happen, but then you cant go on thinking like that.

Yeah, but when 90% of them start out with "I read your profile and I loved it!!!!! Where are you and what do you do?" it's kind of disturbing. Either they didn't read it at all, or they have some overwhelming short-term memory issues. I mean, I only mention my books about once ever other sentence in there.

You can forgive a woman for not reading the whole thing. Maybe they get so aroused reading it they cannot help but email you before finishing it!

And at least you do get mail, you probably get more than a lot of people. I get absolutely NO email on here at all, my inbox is literally empty. This is a good thing for me given my circumstances, but if i was looking to meet someone my chances would actually be zero. You at least have a sniff.
Too aroused. Yeah. That's It.
btw Dan, does not your profile headline state "Read My Profile and then Bugger Off!" ? D'ya think THAT might explain the lack of messages? Possibly? Perhaps being your obedient minions,we read and then obey.

Well yes, but Lex is saying that people don't read profiles, so on that basis i should get at least some emails. Although probably the main reason i get no email is because i'm in the UK and wont appear in most peoples searches. Plus the fact i am butt ugly of course.

I think it's because everyone knows you're taken. All of the homewreckers have signed up with eHarmony now.

My point is they DO read the headlines even if not the whole lengthy (albeit somewhat fascinating and mesmirizing profiles). And both of yours basically send the same message--"Go Away-you scare me so I'll scare you first" Sorry to be so blunt, but surely you see that?

But I started using the "intimidating and complicated" line as a joke, after so many people on here referred to me that way. I've had probably 50 or 60 other headlines before that one, and, as far as I can tell, it never made any difference.

I just don't think people read profiles. Because if they did, about 90% of the people who contact me wouldn't have contacted me.

Fair enough. I have had my share of that as well. I've read your whole profile,with a few naps to re-energize myself in the process:wink: , and the headline is not inappropriate. You seem to be a nice and sincere person, but you also send a message that you doubt anyone can live up to your standards. That is intimidating. And the way you seem to have arrived at this decision is complicated or at least shows that you are complicated. I really do have my fingers crossed for you to meet that someone special, but I hope you won't scare her off when she does. Consider this---your profile may be weeding out women, but they may not be the women you want to weed out. Maybe of many local/date-able women who actually do read your profile, only the slowest, most insensitive women respond because they are the only ones not frightened off by your stated criteria.

You might never know......

On the other hand, if you really have given up on finding a date on Mingle2, maybe writing out all these thoughts is therapeutic in another way.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:34 PM

I have never in my life opened up a bag of Ruffles. If i could buy them here i would go and buy a pack now so i can refer to myself as an artist.

There is definitely a knack to that. Fox is going to do a new reality show called "America's Got Ruffles," the whole point of which is to see who can open the bag the most artistically.

Sounds like the next big show to hit our televisions. I am really looking forward to "Britain's Got Pringles", and i think that "Germany's Got Bockwurst" should be subtitled for us English speakers.

There is always a chance Lex, that your Maths is correct, and you are just a little overdue for that contact with a truly genuine prospect. As unlikely as it might seem, it could happen at any moment in time. There is always a chance too that it might never happen, but then you cant go on thinking like that.

Yeah, but when 90% of them start out with "I read your profile and I loved it!!!!! Where are you and what do you do?" it's kind of disturbing. Either they didn't read it at all, or they have some overwhelming short-term memory issues. I mean, I only mention my books about once ever other sentence in there.

You can forgive a woman for not reading the whole thing. Maybe they get so aroused reading it they cannot help but email you before finishing it!

And at least you do get mail, you probably get more than a lot of people. I get absolutely NO email on here at all, my inbox is literally empty. This is a good thing for me given my circumstances, but if i was looking to meet someone my chances would actually be zero. You at least have a sniff.
btw Dan, does not your profile headline state "Read My Profile and then Bugger Off!" ? D'ya think THAT might explain the lack of messages? Possibly? Perhaps being your obedient minions,we read and then obey.

Well yes, but Lex is saying that people don't read profiles, so on that basis i should get at least some emails. Although probably the main reason i get no email is because i'm in the UK and wont appear in most peoples searches. Plus the fact i am butt ugly of course.

I think it's because everyone knows you're taken. All of the homewreckers have signed up with eHarmony now.

My point is they DO read the headlines even if not the whole lengthy (albeit somewhat fascinating and mesmirizing profiles). And both of yours basically send the same message--"Go Away-you scare me so I'll scare you first" Sorry to be so blunt, but surely you see that?

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:30 PM

well at least they dont ask u to get married and have there 12 kids.

Oh, but they HAVE....!!!!

butz i knozes my englishes izz badz butzz iz tryz to beez goodishss
andz i dont knowsh zz ruffles buttz i gotzz layzzz

pitchfork drinker pitchfork

frustrated frustrated frustrated :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You seem suspiciously well-informed about this sort of writing....!!
Oh yesh. We'z allz in dis together.Tryin to make youz crazy so y'all will send us dat credit card number and we'z can buy us some diamonds.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:24 PM
It's worth considering

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:22 PM

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 02:57 PM

This is about the people who contact me, which you already know if you read the aforementioned title as mentioned above.

OK, here's the thing -- I get a fair amount of people contacting me on here, via e-mail, IM, nudges, whatever. A certain percentage of these are scammers, and (thanks to Mark and Charles and their crew) I can usually get them nuked within 45 seconds.

As for the ones who are not (or who cannot definitively be proven to be) scammers, I notice a disconcerting sameness in them. Many of the messages are extremely brief (I had one this morning that said "Can I know u?"), poorly written, completely devoid of any signs of useful information or a functioning brain stem, and from people who are very very far away.

I rarely hear from anyone who actually has anything to say, or the literacy skills to say it.

And this puzzles me, because nowhere in my profile (I think -- I mean, the damn thing is so long I rarely go in there myself anymore) does it say "Please contact me if your writing is so garbled and incomprehensible that it will give me a massive headache."

Statistically, it seems to me that the odds SHOULD be that at least one genuine prospect should have contacted me by now, seeing that I've been here 4 1/2 years. Math was never my best subject, though, so I may not know what I'm talking about. It would certainly not be the first time.

And there are many locals on this site; I see them floating through "People You Might Be Interested In" every day. When I look at their profiles, though, it always says "Last Seen Shortly After The Civil War" or something along those lines.

I just don't understand what makes me attractive to someone whose most creative act in life was opening a bag of Ruffles Potato Chips.

George Costanza said it best: "When I like them, they don't like me...and when they like me, I don't like them." OMG, I'm George Costanza....

Ummmmmmm...I will assume you mean the local people who contact you (i.e. dating prospects in the Greater Crown Point area) so that I don't have to cry "Foul!"

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 01:31 PM

Excuse me.....Hi, i'm writing a term paper on the finer things in life, and i was wondering if i could interview you...bigsmile
Nice ! :thumbsup:

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 01:22 PM

I think it doesnt matr if you get maried in court. God will be watching you,anyways anywhere you are making a comitment to god. The building is irelevant. If you cant aford a church weding god wil not condem you becuz ugot maried in court.
I agree with this. I considered having an outdoor wedding, but I was marrying a Catholic and was told that in that particular diocese, outdoor weddings were not sanctioned. I remember thinking it rather ridiculous that God couldn't see us make a commitment without the proper roof over our heads. And isn't that what marriage is about? The commitment part over the long run? I believe that a marriage ceremony just acts as a ritual to announce this commitment publicly and enlist the support of the community to be aware of and support that commitment so I don't think it's as important where that happens. Aren't actions more important than ceremonies? This reminds me of folks who go to church every Sunday and then behave hatefully or judgmentally towards others the rest of the week. Is that what God would want? And doesn't the Bible (which admittedly I haven't read cover to cover in awhile)speak about only having one partner (sex)? If it does, then aren't you already married in the eyes of the Lord? That's how it was taught to me. Can you have it both ways-He can't see you are married by the way you behave--a church official needs to act as a go-between? I respect others opinions, but I agree with this lady.

That kind of Church getting into our personal lives and personal business and spirituality is why I started the thread "God is not the Boss of me."

What I really mean is that is my message to the CHURCH LEADERS who think they can dictate to me how to live my life because they think that have direct contact or understanding who or what God is and I don't.

tongue2

God is not the boss of me and neither are they.

tongue2
I haven't read that thread. I will have to check it out.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 12:41 PM

I just whip out my piece, stick it in her hand, and start crying!
OMG, YOUR ALIVE,surprised

DANS ALIVE EVERYONE, DANS ALIVE!!!drinker laugh laugh
Not only alive, but strangely disturbing, apparently. I read his profile after laughing at his post and fear I will not sleep tonight. scared But he does have a nice bird.

How can you not sleep at night when i am always watching over you through my telescope?(these are better than binoculars as it leaves a hand free..)
scared shocked surprised Aiiiiiiyeeeee!

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:44 AM

Their energy can be attractive. Different life priorities can get in the way of LTR's. Each person is unique, so it is quite possible to be attracted to and have good relationships with older, younger or same age. All have associated rewards and costs in both general and specific terms. In my personal case, if they are too much younger or older than me, I do evaluate things a bit more carefully going in.

I was in a LTR, 10years with someone 10years younger then I..It was great, but in the end we were in 2 different places in life.
We still have a great Friendship. Im a true believer in things happen for a reason,Age is just a Number afterall. =0)
Exactly. I think you hit the nail on the head with "Different Places in Life"

kre8karma's photo
Sat 08/13/11 09:59 AM

I think it doesnt matr if you get maried in court. God will be watching you,anyways anywhere you are making a comitment to god. The building is irelevant. If you cant aford a church weding god wil not condem you becuz ugot maried in court.
I agree with this. I considered having an outdoor wedding, but I was marrying a Catholic and was told that in that particular diocese, outdoor weddings were not sanctioned. I remember thinking it rather ridiculous that God couldn't see us make a commitment without the proper roof over our heads. And isn't that what marriage is about? The commitment part over the long run? I believe that a marriage ceremony just acts as a ritual to announce this commitment publicly and enlist the support of the community to be aware of and support that commitment so I don't think it's as important where that happens. Aren't actions more important than ceremonies? This reminds me of folks who go to church every Sunday and then behave hatefully or judgmentally towards others the rest of the week. Is that what God would want? And doesn't the Bible (which admittedly I haven't read cover to cover in awhile)speak about only having one partner (sex)? If it does, then aren't you already married in the eyes of the Lord? That's how it was taught to me. Can you have it both ways-He can't see you are married by the way you behave--a church official needs to act as a go-between? I respect others opinions, but I agree with this lady.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 16 17