Community > Posts By > kre8karma

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 08:34 PM
Hello Everyone! I am relatively new here and thought I should formally introduce myself. I'm originally a Toledo gal who now lives in Tucson (hmmmm...just realized there is a kind of theme there---'Cities with 6 letter names starting with "T"' for $500, please Alec). I love to meet new people--in person---or virtually, so am hoping to make some friends and have some interesting conversations here. Thanks for reading !

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 08:23 PM

Class of 99?

Anyway, speaking of "perception," the other day I was sitting on my couch, and came to an epiphany of sorts. Yeah, after all these years I finally realized that my favorite color is: Clear.

Well, 1899... I'm pretending to be Oscar Wilde...
I thought you looked familiar !

Oh, not so fast... a lady the creates her own Karma. A wonderful concept.

So what is it...? Are flip=flops are fair tool in self-defense or are ceramic chickens of-limits for recepticles of hidden messages?
Thanks for noticing. The name was a bit of a lark, Karma can neither be created nor destroyed...or is that energy? Some kind of Einstenian Buddhist concept I think

Sorry, I was being silly... but Einstien as a Buddhist!? Now that's something worth serious consideration, haha.

Hi, I'm Ted.
practicing Communications -101.
Hi Ted. I'm here to practice as well. I,m new to the forums & suspect I may be considered obnoxious --just a suspicion based on some of the responses or lack thereof I get to my posts and profile. If you have any tips for how I might come across as more socially acceptable, I will attempt to implement them.

Now that's just funny... you've come to a dry-well, in that regard.
I'm a social-leper... I only roam at night. Well, sorta'.
But the folks here are fairly liberal in choosing friends... I'm sure that you'll fit in just fine.
Speak your mind... and chat it up.
Have you tried posting a "howdy-do" in the new-peeps forum... always good for a laugh... but it get you covered too.
Go on... jump in... the water's fine.
Haha.
Double-dog dare ya.
haha. I think "speaking my mind" is where I usually go wrong...Oh well, up until the double dog dare, I could've avoided all that unpleasantness (or pleasantness--we shall see), but now I am off to take your good advice, sir, and post in the "New" forum....don't they have an "old and cynical" forum? That might be more appropriate, but I still gotta hafta cover the dreaded double dog dare base....so Cheers!

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 08:07 PM

Class of 99?

Anyway, speaking of "perception," the other day I was sitting on my couch, and came to an epiphany of sorts. Yeah, after all these years I finally realized that my favorite color is: Clear.

So what is it...? Are flip=flops are fair tool in self-defense or are ceramic chickens of-limits for recepticles of hidden messages?
Thanks for noticing. The name was a bit of a lark, Karma can neither be created nor destroyed...or is that energy? Some kind of Einstenian Buddhist concept I think

Sorry, I was being silly... but Einstien as a Buddhist!? Now that's something worth serious consideration, haha.

Hi, I'm Ted.
practicing Communications -101.
Hi Ted. I'm here to practice as well. I,m new to the forums & suspect I may be considered obnoxious --just a suspicion based on some of the responses or lack thereof I get to my posts and profile. If you have any tips for how I might come across as more socially acceptable, I will attempt to implement them.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 07:46 PM

Class of 99?

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 07:42 PM

getting ready for a perfect date. by getting ready i mean posting over ten thousand times looking for a female to date
OMG ! You've posted over 10,000 times....It IS like deja vu all over again ! But seriously, good luck with your quest.

kre8karma's photo
Sat 06/18/11 06:29 PM

Class of 99?

kre8karma's photo
Fri 06/17/11 10:29 PM

A passive woman to me right now sound like a vacation on the beach that is well over due.

Let me try this "passive woman please hear my voice. come to me, come to me, come to me". Well no woman came, but my dog came with her leash.
LOL. Did you say "passive" or "suggestible"? The passive woman was probably just lying somewhere waiting for you to come to her!

kre8karma's photo
Fri 06/17/11 10:21 PM

Hope you guys don't mind if ask about something along those lines. I need a lesson in dating site etiquette.
I recently had someone view my profile and message me. (and I was as surprised as you are!) The only thing she said was 'Hi'. Am I being a crumb by not saying Hi back? I do feel a little guilty by ignoring her. But I also feel like, if she really wanted to make friends with people, she'd muster up a little more than a 'Hi'. I'm a guy, true, but I'm one of those odd few that enjoys a meaningful conversation.

what's the harm in saying hi back? if a person were to walk up to you on the street and just start firing questions at you without giving you a chance to acknowledge them first you'd find that a little weird, yes?

. . .
Well, although I agree there is no harm in saying "hi" back, I personally have a problem with the one word folks as well. They aren't giving you much to work with or much incentive to want to find out more about them, for that matter. On the street,it's a different situation-- you have the clues of body language, facial expression, etc.like msharmony said, to tell you something about the person. If you were to walk up to the person and just said "hi" on the street, they would probably just say "hi" back (if that) and keep walking unless you actually started a conversation. Here on Mingle, you are really putting the other person on the spot, i.e. in the position of initiating a conversation if you only send a "Hi". It seems disrespectful to me. If you thought enough of their profile or picture to initiate a conversation,surely there is something you could ask them about themselves to get the ball rolling? Just a single question--like "what kind of dog is that in your profile pic"-or "how old are your kids?" or "where did you get that interesting hat?" You can save the 20 questions or Spanish Inquisition for the messages that follow, but for gosh sakes, give me something to work with, people ! ;-)

kre8karma's photo
Wed 06/15/11 08:52 PM
smart, playful, loyal, direct, sense of humor, happy, positive, warm, eyes light up when he sees me.....oh , wait....I just described my dog, didn't I?

1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next