Community > Posts By > kre8karma

kre8karma's photo
Tue 09/20/11 06:35 AM

So today I am at the Costco store looking like a little ant while trying to unload from my shopping cart & manhandle into my car a 60lb shelving unit and this nice guy stopped his car in the middle of the parking lot and jumped out to help. Those of you who know Costco know that this is tantamount to risking life and limb in the service of a lady. It was so kind of him and I am happy to report that Chivalry is not dead. I've had other experiences like this in the past, and every time it makes me feel so much better about the human race. For those of you who help others in similar situations, I just want to send out a big "Thank You" flowerforyou and let you know it is appreciated. (I love that Liberty Mutual commercial too by the way)

I don't know if I would call it chilvary as I would equally help a man with something heavy, hold open a door for him, assist him, etc. Its just good manners and its nice to hear that good manners do exist out there sometimes..
That's cool. A rose is still a rose by any name to paraphrase Shakespeare badly. I just wanted to send out props to folks like yourself that go out of their way to help others.flowerforyou The choice of descriptive word was just marketing to get people to read the thread and think about it. Call it Random Acts of Kindness thread if you prefer! And, girl, you know I woulda got that thing into my car on my own, but I appreciated the offer.

Oh absolutley; I agree that its nice to have someone offer some help and I have no doubt you would have got that shelf into your car on your own. Its nice to see that there are random acts of kindess in this very cold cruel world. :thumbsup:
'Xactly ! :smile:

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 09:12 PM

pitchfork Captain Metal! pitchfork

And here's to Sal, the good 'ol gal, the slippery slimy slut!

May she bare her breasts to each bilge rat, and worms crawl out her butt!

drinker
Oooh. Sexy. That's gonna give me nightmares. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 09:10 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Mon 09/19/11 09:11 PM

So today I am at the Costco store looking like a little ant while trying to unload from my shopping cart & manhandle into my car a 60lb shelving unit and this nice guy stopped his car in the middle of the parking lot and jumped out to help. Those of you who know Costco know that this is tantamount to risking life and limb in the service of a lady. It was so kind of him and I am happy to report that Chivalry is not dead. I've had other experiences like this in the past, and every time it makes me feel so much better about the human race. For those of you who help others in similar situations, I just want to send out a big "Thank You" flowerforyou and let you know it is appreciated. (I love that Liberty Mutual commercial too by the way)

I don't know if I would call it chilvary as I would equally help a man with something heavy, hold open a door for him, assist him, etc. Its just good manners and its nice to hear that good manners do exist out there sometimes..
That's cool. A rose is still a rose by any name to paraphrase Shakespeare badly. I just wanted to send out props to folks like yourself that go out of their way to help others.flowerforyou The choice of descriptive word was just marketing to get people to read the thread and think about it. Call it Random Acts of Kindness thread if you prefer! And, girl, you know I woulda got that thing into my car on my own, but I appreciated the offer.

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 08:45 PM
All righty then.
A toast ! I drink when I have occasion, and sometimes when I have no occasion. Cheers ! drinker

And if ye didn't like that one, here's one for all you gents:

Here's to the girls of the American shore, I love but one, I love no more, Since she's not here to drink her part, I'll drink her share with all my heart.drinker

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 08:36 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Mon 09/19/11 08:37 PM

Arrrrgh! Ye loose lackys and land lubbers!

We pirates been hoisting the mains more than this day!
Well now, that's the spirit ! Did somebody say spirits? Bring me my cask! I think there be a party happening. I didn't know there were any pirates in Texas and Now There Be two fine swashbucklers!

Arrrrgh! Wench! Texas be the home of mighty pirates before America found it's azz!
oooooh Feisty I meant ye no offense, good sir. Perhaps a mug of grog for an apology?drinker

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 08:21 PM

Arrrrgh! Ye loose lackys and land lubbers!

We pirates been hoisting the mains more than this day!
Well now, that's the spirit ! Did somebody say spirits? Bring me my cask! I think there be a party happening. I didn't know there were any pirates in Texas and Now There Be two fine swashbucklers!

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 08:19 PM

well, i'll tell ya. that there is one mighty temptin' offer there missy. if y'all's willin' ta throw in a couple of them there yo ho ho's and a bottle of rum, i reckon i could say arrr matey
Ahoy Matey ! Now thar, I like the cut of your jib ! I'll be sending ye the yo ho ho's along with that bottle of rum right soon, me lad. Meanwhile I be wishing thee smooth seas and beautiful native girls.flowerforyou

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 08:15 PM

... was going to respond... but i forgot what i was going to say when i saw tribbles' picture...

WOW tribble has a face? laugh As much as I liked the dog with the crab hat. Its nice to finally see what you look like tribbles? And may I say? drool biggrin
Totally. He was holding out on us. That's the trouble with Tribbles ! Not enuf pics :wink:

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 08:11 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Mon 09/19/11 08:11 PM

i reckon y'all could tawk lyk them there pirerats till the cows come home
Yarrrrrr Ya Scurvy Dawg. There'll be no grog fer you lest you play along ! Ye be fairly warned

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/19/11 07:58 PM
Avast ! Me Hearties. Be no one recognizin' the beauteous day that is today --Talk Like a Pirate Day ?! I could scarce believe me eyes when I scanned the forum horizon and found nary a thread.
So c'mon ye Pirate Lads and Wenches, There still be a few hours til sunrise.... Make us proud or walk ye the plank.....arrrrrrrr :wink:

kre8karma's photo
Sun 09/18/11 06:40 PM

Commit a random act of kindness back. IMO that is the best way to share thanks flowerforyou

Good suggestion. I actually try to whenever I can, hence the moniker. And yet, it is so surprising and nice to have it come back around.

kre8karma's photo
Sun 09/18/11 06:39 PM

So it's safe to say that if I had to pee, you'd hold it?! smokin

Wow, Trib. Best offer I've had all day other than the box guy.:tongue: PS. Nice pic

kre8karma's photo
Sun 09/18/11 04:51 PM

kre8karma's photo
Sat 09/17/11 10:20 AM
You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

kre8karma's photo
Fri 09/16/11 08:16 PM
Sandlewood and CutiePie:
If you are interested in Feldenkrais/somatics but classes aren't available or cost too much, check out this book:
Somatics-Reawakening the Mind's Control of Movement, Flexibility, and Health by Thomas Hanna.
My copy cost about $10. Sorry it took me so long to find it and report back, but the class I took was based on the exercises they show in this book and it really helped me.

kre8karma's photo
Thu 09/15/11 09:48 PM
AWESOME Thread !:thumbsup:

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/12/11 08:03 PM

What they said. Ask her more about herself. Look into her eyes when she answers (the ones at the top part of her head). Invest some time in getting to know her so she feels safe & appreciated. Let her get to know you. I know some of this might go against your grain, but you might try opening doors for her, complimenting her (but not over the top), maybe even kiss her hand or wrist. Bring it up so that you can look into her eyes when you do this. She'll get the message. A good genuine smile goes a long way.

Believe it or not I open doors when it's appreciated properly. You probably would have been impressed with my behavior towards her. I've bought her little things here and there and I've even cooked for her and let her crash in my bed while I tripped in my living room.
I do believe. Sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck ! :smile:

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/12/11 07:55 PM
Edited by kre8karma on Mon 09/12/11 07:55 PM
What they said. Ask her more about herself. Look into her eyes when she answers (the ones at the top part of her head). Invest some time in getting to know her so she feels safe & appreciated. Let her get to know you. I know some of this might go against your grain, but you might try opening doors for her, complimenting her (but not over the top), maybe even kiss her hand or wrist. Bring it up so that you can look into her eyes when you do this. She'll get the message. A good genuine smile goes a long way.

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/12/11 07:41 PM
OK.Are you actually dating or do you just see her in group settings at this point?

kre8karma's photo
Mon 09/12/11 07:38 PM
Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here.....
Need more info. Friends already or just recently met?

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 16 17