Community > Posts By > rebkel

rebkel's photo
Mon 04/07/08 06:50 AM
My roommates and I just had an 80's theme party Saturday night. It was a blast! I love dressing up. :tongue:

What kind of theme-like parties have you had/been to?

rebkel's photo
Fri 04/04/08 06:26 AM
My roommates and I are having a party tomororw night. It's a theme party, so people either have to dress up (or down laugh ) as a bum or from the 80s. It's gonna be a blast!

Other than that, I have a Saturday class for 6 hours and Sunday I'll be hanging out w/ my mom. :smile:

rebkel's photo
Fri 04/04/08 05:50 AM
Has there ever been an album or soundtrack that you just can't stop listening to for days on end?

I've been like that with the "Across The Universe" soundtrack.

What are some of your favorites?

rebkel's photo
Fri 04/04/08 05:18 AM
(I don't know if any of you have been following my posts, but...)

This guy and I have had a really intense couple of weeks. We had an amazing couple of days last week. I've never felt so instantly close with someone AND have that someone feel the same way. However, since then we decided it would be best to not go any farther, (1) he just got out of a relationship where the girl cheated on him, and (2) he's most likely joining the Coast Guard soon.

I know there isn't much I can do about it, and I'm sure it's probably for the best, but I can't help but have this pit in my stomach feeling like I'm losing something that could be really great. Part of me wants to fight for 'us', but the rest of me knows I should just let him do his thing, and me do mine, and maybe things'll work out a few years down the road when he comes back.

I guess I'm just feeling kind of helpless and any thoughts would be much appreciated.

rebkel's photo
Wed 04/02/08 11:04 AM
:tongue: laugh laugh laugh laugh :tongue:

rebkel's photo
Wed 04/02/08 09:33 AM
That's cute. laugh

rebkel's photo
Wed 04/02/08 08:37 AM
I'm not having such a great day. frown I need a laugh. laugh

Anyone have a good joke for me? flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Wed 04/02/08 04:45 AM
Edited by rebkel on Wed 04/02/08 04:46 AM
I'm 5' nothing, and I dated a 6'4" guy for two years. Very interesting... :tongue:

rebkel's photo
Fri 03/28/08 06:12 AM
I’ve never been so conflicted. Things could be so incredibly great, or it could just as easily come crashing down. I’ve always been a passionate person, and it’s usually been to my benefit. However, I am severely seeing the possibility of a detrimental side of this. I can’t remember the last time my feelings were this intense about another person. Everything just seems to make sense now. As if I’ve been missing out on this one thing that I never really understood, or even knew of its existence, and now... now it just seems so clear. The phrase "timing is everything" has never been so crucial to me as it is right now. The worst part is that it’s not up to me. I’m already out there. I’m invested. I just have to grab on and hope for the best. I’m terrified - not of getting hurt, of missing out on something that could be so great and being filled of regret. Of being left, wondering "what if?" Life is too short for these worries. But I can do nothing. I just have to hope. It’s amazing how hope can be so meaningful and crucial, yet at the same time seems so futile.

---------------

Come What May

Never knew I could feel like this
Like I’ve never seen the sky before
I want to vanish inside your kiss
Every day i’m loving you more than this
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sings
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I love you until the end of time

Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn’t seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there’s no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song I’ll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I love you until the end of time

Oh, come what may, come what may
I will love you, I will love you
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place

rebkel's photo
Wed 03/26/08 11:35 AM
Edited by rebkel on Wed 03/26/08 11:35 AM
About 90% of my friends play twice a week. I understand most of it and have seen them play some. It's a little too complicated for me, but I can see the attraction in it. I have no beef with D&Ders. happy

rebkel's photo
Wed 03/26/08 10:05 AM

that i am on spring break, and not even thinking about that one

I'm on Spring Break, too! My last one, in fact. Only 49 more days until graduation! bigsmile

rebkel's photo
Wed 03/26/08 08:51 AM
Bubble Bobble on NES! :tongue:

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 10:20 AM
I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be miserable and alone. There's nothing wrong with being on this website.

You wouldn't have wished that upon him if things were reversed, would you?

Keep your chin up. flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 10:05 AM
Thanks guys. I think I will go see it, and just be on my guard. I don't think I could pass this up even if I should. I've always been one to follow my heart, and it usually works out. :heart:

'Preciate the help! flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 09:36 AM
And just to say - if he kissed me I would kiss him back, but nothing further. I don't want to be one of THOSE kind of movie nights.

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 09:31 AM
There's this guy I'm really into - Dan. He just got out of a 1-2 year relationship in which he was cheated on. We've been getting much closer over the last week or so. He just called me and invited me to watch a movie with him this week.

I've totally been laid-back and allowing him to pursue me - that way I know he wants me for me, not just because I'm convenient.

Should I go to this movie and see where things go? Or say maybe it would be better in a few more weeks (when he's over his ex more)?

I'm so into him - it's hard to look at this rationally.

Thanks, guys! flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 08:44 AM
Hanson in '98 (yeah, that's right!)

-or-

Radiohead in '03

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 07:26 AM
I liked it a lot, too. The ending didn't bother me. I did, however, get made fun of to no end because of how much crying I did with the scene involving his dog. That killed me. sad

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 07:20 AM
Edited by rebkel on Mon 03/24/08 07:20 AM
"...is my middle name."

-------------

"If you can't beat them..."

rebkel's photo
Mon 03/24/08 07:09 AM
"break me off a piece of that KIT KAT BAR!"

------------------

"Why buy the cow when..."