Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Thu 02/25/10 03:01 PM

here is another thing my friend said, " Barry obama is NOT my president. Hes just a piece of dog crap that wont go away. get rid of that ******* Harry Reid too. and while at it kick nancy pelosis *** in the drink a thousand miles from shore and make her swim back on her own."

i think you and your friend should be happy you can actually speak like this and not be stoned to death.

papersmile's photo
Thu 02/25/10 02:01 PM
i judge all the time.

there are a few people on this site that revolt me and a handful that interest me.

and, yes, what they post (on a consistent basis) will determine whether i'd ever form any sort of friendship with them.

papersmile's photo
Thu 02/25/10 04:19 AM
intellect doesn't just come in the form of being a capable speller.

there are all sorts of people who rank higher than me in smarts, but i bet i outspell many of them. bigsmile

i achieved high academic results, but much of it was 'memory store and dump' - that doesn't automatically make me intelligent either.

common sense goes a long way for me in determining someone's intellect, not just their book knowledge.

papersmile's photo
Thu 02/25/10 04:13 AM
i'd be happy if i just had another cup of coffee.

papersmile's photo
Thu 02/25/10 04:11 AM
i wouldn't ever have sex with someone if i weren't in a serious relationship, and in love, with them.

papersmile's photo
Thu 02/25/10 03:13 AM
Edited by papersmile on Thu 02/25/10 03:15 AM
I posted about this once before and said I get better replies with this kind of thing than I do by saying something like "Hi, I really liked your profile and wondered if you'd like to chat sometime."

i absolutely agree.

it's not just about getting noticed, but writing something that makes you stand out from the crowd, and encourages some sort of response.

i don't get much email but i imagine there are women who get dozens of 'wanna chat' 'how are you?, etc. types of email daily and they are likely to respond to the one who grabs their interest, and it's usually in the form of something witty they say.

i like that type of flirtatious dialogue.

papersmile's photo
Thu 02/25/10 03:03 AM
you see i had to explain the details or lie...

if someone cancelled plans with me at the last minute, the very least i would expect would be an explanation of the details.

why does that seem to be such a difficult thing to do?

papersmile's photo
Wed 02/24/10 03:12 AM
i just go on the assumption that every profile is fake until i've met them in real life.

papersmile's photo
Wed 02/24/10 03:09 AM

I remember when I was a kid in school, if someone forgot their lunch or lunch money, they got a sandwich and juice.

most of the schools where i've worked have extra frozen slices of pizza in the freezer (leftovers from 'pizza days') and healthy snacks laying around for those who forgot a lunch.

however, we aren't a catering service/restaurant. if the kid forgets his lunch, he can make a call home to have one provided.

if my own kids forgot their lunch, they don't eat. they are old enough that they need to be responsible for themselves and learn about consequences of certain actions. i've seen high school mothers bring their childrens' lunches to school. while that won't be me, neither would i phone the school and tell them not to feed my kid.

there are some schools here that get extra funding for programs like healthy breakfasts (in inner city schools) but i can't rationalize tax payers money going to pay for lunches for kids who forgot them. that, in my opinion, isn't the point of education tax.

papersmile's photo
Tue 02/23/10 03:47 AM

maybe a set time to IM and webcam?

and maybe show off his dingle dangle?

papersmile's photo
Tue 02/23/10 03:20 AM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 02/23/10 03:21 AM
i don't think marrying someone with whom you are compatible is settling. that would be high on my list of priorities.

passion's overrated - in fact when i think of passion, i think of people who are quick to anger, quick to assumptions, quick to demand and expect.

i'll take a man who's good to me, who's good to my family, and his family, has high morals and values, someone with whom i'm compatible and have a great rapport, someone with whom i feel comfortable in a room filled with silence, and someone on whom i can depend and someone who keeps me smiling.

papersmile's photo
Tue 02/23/10 03:14 AM
try consolidating as much as you can.

take out a line of credit and pay off all your bills, then concentrate on paying that line of credit. usually you'll have a lower rate of interest on that than you would a credit card.

papersmile's photo
Mon 02/22/10 01:37 PM

once again...the point is...that he went right along with a phony and created image...hugging and kissing his children after winning tournaments...tears of happines and hugs all around for dear old dad...forget about numerous acts of adulery...thats between him...his wife...and...his maker...it's about being a hypocrite...over and over and over again...and...if you haven't lost any respect for him...then you probably voted for Obama...:smile:

i just about split a gut laughing at how voting for obama was brought into this equation too. thanks for even more laughs. laugh

papersmile's photo
Mon 02/22/10 01:36 PM
kiss my arse

laugh

papersmile's photo
Sun 02/21/10 10:37 AM
i never bought into that 'kids always come first' attitude.

sure, in the majority of cases, yes. but not at every given moment, on any given day. we all have other priorities in our lives and sometimes the 'mom i have a birthday party to go to' gets put on the back burner while you grocery shop for an elderly parent with a sore back (for example).

i think if you cancelled on her at the last minute, she has the right to be upset and, judging by the tone of your posts, it sounds as though your attitude with her might have been 'take it or leave it babe' and that wouldn't harbour any sympathy or empathy from most women.

there's a nice way, and a not-so-nice way, to let someone down.

papersmile's photo
Sun 02/21/10 08:01 AM
Edited by papersmile on Sun 02/21/10 08:02 AM
it sounds like she got angry with the cancellation and lashed out at you without thinking.

i would imagine a mature adult would be a bit more accepting of the situation but i do understand being upset if the call came at the last minute. there's a nice way though to say you're upset.

you weren't willing to invite the lady over for pizza and a board game with your child?

papersmile's photo
Sun 02/21/10 07:57 AM
i love michigan and visit every year (in the fall). i usually am around port huron and/or saginaw area. if you decide to meet up again around that time, i'd love to meet the bunch of you.

papersmile's photo
Sun 02/21/10 04:22 AM

He didn't " create " any image.

The ad agencies did that.

Now yer gonna get all irritated because he did something that millions of men do every single day. Ya don't see them basically being forced to publicly speak about it. Event though it might cut down on it if dudes actually knew that they WOULD have to if caught...lol

That's pretty hilarious.

millions of men might have affairs but, from what it sounds like, tiger did much more than just have an affair, and it's something for which he needs therapy.

however you all might disagree with me, i think that major sport stars have a certain image to uphold with the public, especially the young folk, who hold them in great esteem and aspire to be like them. what he did was not necessarily illegal but it was unethical and immoral, according to my standards and i think people should be allowed to think he's a creep, without someone telling them that they are wrong.

i have no sympathy for him.

papersmile's photo
Sat 02/20/10 04:41 PM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 02/20/10 04:41 PM
almost every day, i wear a silver charm bracelet, with a pelican charm, that robin bought me in florida last summer.

i don't often wear rings or earrings as they feel restricting and bothersome against my skin, but i do like big, chunky, costume necklaces.

papersmile's photo
Sat 02/20/10 02:27 PM
speaking of true canadian culture, the latest gold medalist, jon montgomery, men's skeleton, is typical and i'm just grinning from ear to ear every time i see him in an interview, especially as he's chugging golden beer trying to auction it off.

kudos to him and his victory flowerforyou